PDA

View Full Version : Raiden Fighters Jet

Necronopticous
01-31-2006, 02:44 AM
My current obsession.

Before I go on about it, has anyone ever played it? It's an arcade-only game so I don't expect this to get much of a response but I just thought I'd try.

I've recently been trying to perform a Simulation Stage 01 - Real Phase 01 game without ever using the shoot or bomb buttons.

I'm considering writing an FAQ on this game.

Roogle
01-31-2006, 02:47 AM
What separates this game from other games of its genre?

-N-
01-31-2006, 02:48 AM
You, uh, told me about this, and, uh, I still don't know what it's about. :p

Any way I can get my hands on it?

XxSephirothxX
01-31-2006, 02:49 AM
Is it anything like Ikaruga? That game was pretty awesome, but I sucked at it. :p

Necronopticous
01-31-2006, 02:50 AM
I'm a fan of basically every game in this genre, but I've been particularly charmed by this one because of its sheer complexity. So many ships to choose from, each completely unique... The complex slave/medal system and 10k+ awards after those... The charming stylized 2d graphics... The simulation/real level system... I can't really think of anything that this game dishes out that I don't love. In my opinion it is certainly among the most enjoyable 2d top-down shooters out there.

Like I said, it's an arcade-only game so it's not like you can go buy a copy for your PS2 or something. If your computer is up with the times you could probably get away with running it on MAME. It's a pretty processor-intensive game, though. I play on MAME and at my school arcade.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-31-2006, 02:59 AM
The multitude of ships you can use is a big part of the attraction for me, as are the graphics. Lush, articulated, super-detailed sprites are the way to go, man. It's just a shame that I suck at this game and you can only get past the first series of levels if you don't use any continues, so I'll never be able to see all of it.

Necronopticous
01-31-2006, 04:08 AM
It's really hard to get to the real phases without using a continue but with enough knowledge of what's coming in each level you can make it. It does take a bit of practice though.

Lionx
01-31-2006, 02:12 PM
My college arcade has this in the corner, and its the China Version in which i heard is the hardest one out there(and if it isnt its still pretty damn hard), i made it to the 3-4th lvl usually and then totally die. Its pretty fun for a quarter's worth. ^^