PDA

View Full Version : 12 chest + Omega Ruins= Total Frustration

Finalvicious
01-31-2006, 04:54 AM
First than all Im not very good with english so if I write something wrong please forgiveme.
My problem is with the 12 chest in Omega Ruins, I cannot get all the chest, my best record is 5, so I would like to know if there is a secret order to get all of them...I will be very gratefull if someone help me!

Thanks!!!:confused: :confused: :confused:

a_dollar_20
01-31-2006, 06:41 AM
there is no secret to doing it as the chests are randomised each time and it's extremly hard to get all 12 right and it's not really worth all the time spent.

Psydekick
01-31-2006, 07:15 AM
Theres never any great items so don't bother

boys from the dwarf
01-31-2006, 07:58 AM
if you get all 12 though you get 100 warp spheres i think. so that is a good prize.and also you can get good stuff like megalixirs and a lot of good items so it is worth it. its just a shame that its randomized and theres no guide for it.

SeeDRankLou
01-31-2006, 04:56 PM
I have done this before. There is a way to do it, and the chests are not random, nor is the process. There was an faq on gamefaqs.com about this, but it has vanished. The guy basically figured this out entirely by himself, and a whole lot of props need to go to him, I just don't know who he is. It was complicatedly worded anyway, and I remember what it says, so I'll paraphrase.

First off, the chests are not random. Here are the prizes:

1. Lv.4 Key Sphere
2. Defending Bracer
3. Turnover
4. Lv.3 Key Sphere x2
5. Defending Armlet
6. Friend Sphere x2
7. Lv.4 Key Sphere
8. Phantom Ring
9. Cactuar Wizard
10. Warmonger
11. Teleport Sphere x2
12. Warp Sphere x99

I believe that the only restriction to which chest to open in which order is that the room with four chests should be done last. And, if you attempt to go to one room, successfully open the chests, save, go to the next room, mess up and restart.....then the prizes will restart at one and you will not be able to get the best prize. You must do them all in one go to get 99 Warp Spheres, which is even more annoying.

So, in order to do this, unless you are a musical wizard and double as a functioning metronome, you will need something that makes a sound every second (like a metronome or a ticking analog clock or something). Here's basically how is works:

Let x be the number of chests currently in a room. Arrive infront of a chest at second 0. At second x, open the chest.

I know that was a bit algebraic, so I'll give an example:

Lets say there are three chests in a room. Now, using your ticking devices, arrive infront of a chest on a tick. Now, tick...tick....tick, on the third tick open the chest. Now there are two. Arrive infront of a chest on a tick. Now, tick....tick, on the second tick open the chest. Now there is one. Arrive infront of the chest on a tick. Now, tick, on the first tick open the chest.

Two things to note: 1) There is a time limit in every room except the one with four chests. It's not that restrictive, so you have plenty of time just not a lot of time. 2) Your timing with this process must be PERFECT. I think the guy calculated that you have a 0.2% error ratio with this process. And any error that you make with the first chest factors in to the timing of the second chest and so on, so it's really easy to mess up the room with four chests.

Now, I'm well aware that this sounds like a bunch of crap, and should you try it a few times it will seem like a bunch of crap, but it is doable. The first time I did it I think I needed about thirty-ish tries. And I have done it more than once. It's really not that difficult, it just requires precise timing that you will probably need to practice with in order to do twelve times in a row.

On a side note, there is really no point in getting the prize here unless you are wanting to stat max, and even then it's not really necessary. You get more than enough spheres throughout to the game that will warp you around the sphere grid. None as versatile as warp spheres, but still very usable. I tried this for the sole purpose of making stat maxing a little easier and more efficient, and I only ended up using 40 of the Warp Spheres. So, don't kill yourself over this, but if you can do it it does make stat maxing easier.

Sain Cai
01-31-2006, 10:41 PM
The timing statement was deemed a crock by the wizards of gamwfaqs. They also wanted his FAQ taken down, which is probably why you cant find it anymore.

SeeDRankLou
01-31-2006, 11:01 PM
I've done it on more than one occassion though, using that method. Oh well.

Finalvicious
02-01-2006, 04:02 AM
I tried the that method, but my timing is not very good, I think I will get the chests that I can open and let the others vanish, since there is no big price and my life wil be easier that way, anyway thanks a lot for your help FINALFANTASYMANIACS!!!