Jack
02-01-2006, 01:23 AM
The Meet-Up is:
BIRMINGHAM
SATURDAY 15th APRIL 2006

PM me or Kaggski for more details.

-------------------------
(Original Post)

Righty, thought I'd better put this into word form for the rest of EoFF to see for a change. After speaking to boris no no yesterday evening, it came out that some members were discussing another meet-up like the 1st one that happened almost a whole year ago.
As such, this thread is kind of presenting to all people a offer to come meet up with fellow EoFFers and just have a good day out. As a "veteran", I can tell all those who are new that I still have great memories from the times I've gone.

But only if people are interested, but I got the impression that people were.

Here's what I will glean:

-As such, while there is no definite decesion on where this meet-up shall take place, I feel it is probable (and it's the favourite) to meet up in Birmingham again. Just because of access is easier for the greater number of people.

-Members under 18 (or is 16?) I'm encouraging you to tell your parents or guardian WHERE your going. You're still young and it's just for safety reasons.. For all of your knowledge, I have no intention of being accused of being a paedophile OR getting you in trouble with your folks. I know it sounds like I'm a teacher but I have no intention in blacking my own or this sites number.

-It will be on the weekend and most probably during the break up for Easter. If not, it will be April-ish and definitely a weekened.

-Depending on the number of "grown-ups" and budget, a hotel may come into the equation like last time. However, this is all conditional. No promises. But if it does, and your not a adult yet, you'll have to tell your parents or guardian. I had to last time (Cause I was still youn BLESS) and so should you.

----
Remember kids, a meet-up is only fun if you embrace meeting new people. I suppose I'm arranging it so just PM for more details. I wouldn't PM boris no no yet because I'm sure she wouldn't appreciate being bombed with them.
I'm sorry for sounding serious, but there you go it's 1:30 in the morning and I have a presentation in 7 hours. Not a happy bunny right now.

I hope as many people turn up as you can, trust me, it's all good stuff.

Rye
02-01-2006, 01:25 AM
Ooooh, awesomeness. Shame I can't go, but those meet ups are always exciting, because I love to look at photos from them. Make sure that like, a ton of people bring cameras, not just one or two. :D *is a photo nerd*

Jack
02-01-2006, 01:35 AM
because I love to look at photos from them. Make sure that like, a ton of people bring cameras, not just one or two. *is a photo nerd*
Rye, I'm sure you can gather from my LJ that I also am a photo nerd and I promise that if I can actually make it, I will bring two 27exp disposables. The best that my wage packet can afford.
Photos will come aplenty.

Check out the album for glimpses of what the previous Meet-Ups have been like through pictures. The ones you see there are just a small glimpse of what images we have on our PCs and a fraction of what happened.

Psychotic
02-01-2006, 01:35 AM
Psychotic never misses a UK meet up.

He concedes he has missed Scottish meet ups, but they're racially biased against their southern cousins (UNITE WITH ME, PEOPLE OF WALES!) anyway.

He also concedes he refers to himself in the third person.

This time he will not be afraid to confess to Baloki his true feelings for him.

Rye
02-01-2006, 01:37 AM
Rye, I'm sure you can gather from my LJ that I also am a photo nerd and I promise that if I can actually make it, I will bring two 27exp disposables. The best that my wage packet can afford.
Photos will come aplenty.

Check out the album for glimpses of what the previous Meet-Ups have been like through pictures. The ones you see there are just a small glimpse of what images we have on our PCs and a fraction of what happened.

Yay! :) Photo nerdom for the win. I hope a french fry message photo will be included since those things crack me up. xD

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
02-01-2006, 01:41 AM
Aww sounds fun :(

Psychotic
02-01-2006, 01:56 AM
I bring word from Baloki of Rivendell.

<strike>This time he will not be afraid to confess to Psychotic his true feelings for him.</strike>
I guess their expecting me to go along and go, "In the good old days when Raistlin posted more..."

escobert
02-01-2006, 03:54 AM
well what the heck you guys get a stickied thread and CST doesn't >:0! UK biased people!

-N-
02-01-2006, 05:26 AM
The good old days when Raistlin posted more? Smack that dumbass for me.

Mitch
02-01-2006, 07:35 AM
NZ>UK

boris no no
02-01-2006, 10:29 AM
Me and Jack have indeed been talking :D
As many of you know, when we meet up in the UK we rock so hard B)
I think it would be best if its over 16 need permission BUT if we are to repeat last year all under 18 should go home at a certain point, going out and getting pissed with underaged people is so bothersome :P
Birminghma is possibly the easiest place to get to for most people, plus there are so many things to do! I vote we go do something CRAZY B)
erm *thinks* If anyone else has any questions pm me or Jack as we'll try and cordinate between us :)
If you come you'll meet the greats of eoff! :D including me :P
So yeay! Meet up Meet up! Psy I challenge you to a Tekken battle :P :D I shall win!

tralalalala

Levian
02-01-2006, 12:09 PM
It'd be fun to go. So if I get a decent job and earn some cash until then, I might just go. Always wanted to visit UK anyway.

Psychotic
02-01-2006, 01:04 PM
I think it would be best if its over 16 need permission BUT if we are to repeat last year all under 18 should go home at a certain point, going out and getting pissed with underaged people is so bothersome :PWasn't Jack 16 when you kids took him out on the piss? And I only went home because my parents were worried that you people are internet rapists. Heck, all I need to do is say the i-word and they think I'm being "groomed" by paedophiles.
So yeay! Meet up Meet up! Psy I challenge you to a Tekken battle :P :D I shall win!You'll beat me in Hwoarang vs Hwoarang, but I'll wipe the floor with you as SomeoneWhoIsn'tHwoarang vs Hwoarang :D

I hope Lev goes. Maybe we can all emotionally blackmail him just to seal the deal.
Me if he goes: :grinpink:
Me if he doesn't: :weep:

MAKE ME PINK, LEVVY-DO!

Oh and Jack, we frickin' HAVE to travel together this time. Leicester massive REPRESENT!

DK
02-01-2006, 01:06 PM
No, you bastards, no. I don't care if its easy for everyone to meet up in, if Levian goes you can not make him go to the craphole that is Birmingham. He'll be scarred for life.

Jack
02-01-2006, 01:07 PM
Me and Jack have indeed been talking :D
As many of you know, when we meet up in the UK we rock so hard B)
I think it would be best if its over 16 need permission BUT if we are to repeat last year all under 18 should go home at a certain point, going out and getting pissed with underaged people is so bothersome :P
Birminghma is possibly the easiest place to get to for most people, plus there are so many things to do! I vote we go do something CRAZY B)
erm *thinks* If anyone else has any questions pm me or Jack as we'll try and cordinate between us :)
If you come you'll meet the greats of eoff! :D including me :P
So yeay! Meet up Meet up! Psy I challenge you to a Tekken battle :P :D I shall win!

tralalalala

Getting pissed with underage people so bothersome! I WAS underaged back then, was I bothersome? I'm hurt! I was very good considering the fact you were very "intresting" at night... :D
Yep, as for crazy things, if we do something like a flash mob, this will allow me to have done yet another one of my "101 Things to do..." and therefore make me happier. But that's up to speculation.

Yep, just PM us two and we'll help you out. boris is always happy to help and I'm happy between the hours of 10pm to 12am.
As for the Tekken battle, that's just a ritual that must happen...

Oh and Jack, we frickin' HAVE to travel together this time. Leicester massive REPRESENT!
Init! Safe! (As soon as we decide on a date (Boris can you do that?) I'll get it off work so that'll be easy....plenty of saved up Holiday...!)
P.S: I'm gonna try and NOT get almost fired this time. xD

Psychotic
02-01-2006, 01:09 PM
No, you bastards, no. I don't care if its easy for everyone to meet up in, if Levian goes you can not make him go to the craphole that is Birmingham. He'll be scarred for life.If Lev survived Habbo Hotel, he can survive Birmingham. Just think of it as more brummies, and less corner dance trapping.

Christmas
02-01-2006, 01:09 PM
I have a decent job but I never have any cash. :( Always wanted to visit UK though.

Shaun
02-01-2006, 01:18 PM
I might go. I might not. I don't really like Birmingham though (but I can't really talk, living in Stockport)... It's a while off yet, so I've got plenty of time to decide.

DK
02-01-2006, 01:21 PM
If Lev survived Habbo Hotel, he can survive Birmingham. Just think of it as more brummies, and less corner dance trapping.

In habbo hotel there are no angry wannabe yardies or wiggers who want to "wet you up yo" for your wallet, and no pregnant scummy 13 year old girls from council estates drinking white lightning cider and smoking cigarettes. Well, there might be, but then they're trapped in corners. They won't be in Birmingham.

Levian
02-01-2006, 01:33 PM
Haha, we so have to corner dance trap someone in Birmingham.

Psychotic
02-01-2006, 01:37 PM
In habbo hotel there are no angry wannabe yardies or wiggers who want to "wet you up yo" for your wallet, and no pregnant scummy 13 year old girls from council estates drinking white lightning cider and smoking cigarettes. Well, there might be, but then they're trapped in corners. They won't be in Birmingham.That's not really Birmingham specific. That's anywhere in the UK with a population above 10,000 specific.

Mo-Nercy
02-01-2006, 01:48 PM
/me wants to go to the UK just to Tekkenate both of you!

Maybe someone should get around to doing an Australia meet-up. It's too bad that there are quite a few EoFF Aussies that in WA. Makes it hard for us 'normal' Australians on the east coast :D

DK
02-01-2006, 02:06 PM
That's not really Birmingham specific. That's anywhere in the UK with a population above 10,000 specific.

A fair point, but in Birmingham the infestation is bad. Alright so to be fair, Newcastle is the crappiest city in the country, that place is a total scumhole, then you have London which is also a scumhole, and then Birmingham and Wolverhampton and the Midlands in general all stink. WHY CAN'T YOU MEET SOMEWHERE NICE AND QUIET LIKE THE LAKE DISTRICT

Boosk
02-01-2006, 02:57 PM
you know, I might actually come along :D
I'm not doing anything this easter so yay!

Kagga:love:

Shauna
02-01-2006, 04:08 PM
I'd love to go. But, I won't be allowed. I'll just stick to my Glasgow meet-ups with 3 people thx.

Holy_Aeris
02-01-2006, 04:16 PM
Oooo i wana come along. I was a newbie last time.
I could do with getting away from here. Easter you say? Sounds good to me^^

Jess
02-01-2006, 04:18 PM
A fair point, but in Birmingham the infestation is bad. Alright so to be fair, Newcastle is the crappiest city in the country, that place is a total scumhole, then you have London which is also a scumhole, and then Birmingham and Wolverhampton and the Midlands in general all stink. WHY CAN'T YOU MEET SOMEWHERE NICE AND QUIET LIKE THE LAKE DISTRICT

I actually can't believe you just said that. I'm from Newcastle and I love it there, and if I say it rules - it must be true! :(

I'm sorry boyo, but you actually missed out the scummiest city of this country and I'm absolutely appauled at you! We all know that Sunderland doesn't even deserve to be part of this country, and what makes it even worse is that it is full of mackems. :mad2:

Anyway, if this meet-up goes ahead in Birmingham I probaby won't come, as it's a far distance for me to travel. If there was a direct train journey I would consider it, but it probably involves tons of changes.
But then the point made by boris no no comes into play:

All under 18 should go home at a certain point, going out and getting pissed with underaged people is so bothersome :P
I'm a fully qualified underage drinker (!) but I see where you are coming from in this point but travelling from Tiptree to Birmingham and back in one day is way too much distance and time travelling, so I probably won't be coming to this meetup. I'll join you in late 2007 or 2008. ;)

Dreddz
02-01-2006, 05:03 PM
I'd only go if the meet up is in or near London, hell am I going to Birmingham.......

Drift
02-01-2006, 05:16 PM
HEY JACK!!! REMEMBER ME?!?!?!?!?! MWAHAHAHHAHA PSY I'M KICKING YOU IN THE NUTS AS PAY BACK IF I DO COME!!!! w000000000000 MEET UP AGAIN! ^_^

yes indeed...

Old Manus
02-01-2006, 05:19 PM
I actually can't believe you just said that. I'm from Newcastle and I love it there, and if I say it rules - it must be true! :(
http://img30.photobucket.com/albums/v91/melwitt/stuck_on_you.jpg

DynasticJam
02-01-2006, 05:23 PM
Hey that sounds so cool! I'll definately be going if it is on! :D

themagicroundabout
02-01-2006, 05:32 PM
I'll have to bribe my parents with something to let me go, but that shouldn't be too hard. :greenie:

escobert
02-01-2006, 05:34 PM
UK people are so lazy! You guys won't go to the meet up because it's a couple houras away wtf I'm traveling 1300 miles to go to CST >:0!

Cz
02-01-2006, 06:10 PM
I see you people have managed to suck Midlands-ly once again. :mad2:

Psychotic
02-01-2006, 06:54 PM
Oh my god, a one and a half hour train journey is just too much for me to take! Whoa, count me out guys! I'm just going sit around stuffing jellied eels into my boat race. Call me on the dog!

Holy_Aeris
02-01-2006, 07:19 PM
Ooooo today i just found out that London has a China Town!! (yea im slow on things :D)

Lets go to China Town!!!

Meat Puppet
02-01-2006, 07:21 PM
I'll go if RSL goes.

Rye
02-01-2006, 07:43 PM
Haha, we so have to corner dance trap someone in Birmingham.

If that is done, photos MUST be taken and "ASL"s must be shouted. xD

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
02-01-2006, 08:47 PM
If i can i will...... sounds fun..

Jess
02-01-2006, 10:04 PM
http://img30.photobucket.com/albums/v91/melwitt/stuck_on_you.jpg

ANT AND DEC OWN YOUR ASS. :mad2:

Levian
02-01-2006, 10:09 PM
the guy to the right doesn't have any eyes. oh, and neither does the left one.

Psychotic
02-01-2006, 10:11 PM
Yeah, in a TV show about being geordie and having extreme emotional problems (or basically just being geordie), I think the one on the left got hit in the face with a paintball and went blind, and while he was blind, the one on the right stole his girlfriend.

The thread can only go downhill after a mention of Dan's ass. Thanks a lot for ruining it, Jess! Come to the meetup so I can show my displeasure in person! :irked:

Elite Lord Sigma
02-01-2006, 10:25 PM
Argh! I can't come! I live in New York, but my parents would probably not let me go over to the UK. :(

Captain Maxx Power
02-01-2006, 11:00 PM
I may come, time and money pending. You'll know it's me, I'll be the one dressed as a Red Mage Pirate. Uber Bad Cosplay FTW!

DK
02-01-2006, 11:02 PM
The thread can only go downhill after a mention of Dan's ass. Thanks a lot for ruining it, Jess! Come to the meetup so I can show my displeasure in person! :irked:

Old Manus is called Dan too? D:

Jess
02-01-2006, 11:02 PM
Yeah, in a TV show about being geordie and having extreme emotional problems (or basically just being geordie), I think the one on the left got hit in the face with a paintball and went blind, and while he was blind, the one on the right stole his girlfriend.

I'll consider it, because then I can show mine too, mister! :mad2:

Holy_Aeris
02-01-2006, 11:13 PM
Heh this should be amusing

Hey i was thinking, how about 2 meet-ups at the same time, but at different places?
Like a meet-up at the north and a meet-up at the south *coughBrightoncough*

Psychotic
02-01-2006, 11:20 PM
Old Manus is called Dan too? D:No, his name is Jimmy-Jimmy. I thought it was you that posted Ant and Dec. Boy, do I look silly! :redface:
Hey i was thinking, how about 2 meet-ups at the same time, but at different places?
Like a meet-up at the north and a meet-up at the south Or we could do what we're currently doing and have one in the middle. :D

Holy_Aeris
02-02-2006, 12:10 AM
Hmmm middles ok, but too many people having to go too far.

I say a double meet-up!!

Jack
02-02-2006, 12:28 AM
I'm sorry but I've got to say something about this distance thing. Everytime a meet-up is arranged in the UK, people always moan about distance saying "It's too far". Why does everyone believe that we can cater for every EoFFers living place? True, some will have to travel further than others but that's part and parcel with a meet-up.

For the second meet-up I had to travel for 2 hours. This involved two changes and yet I went. Because I wanted, because I felt the distance was worth it.

This time, the arrangers of this meet-up have chosen a place that is:
-Central in the UK
-Offers most opportunity for enjoyment
-Easy access from MOST of the Major cities.(Bus,Train,Car)

All the other suggestions have meant isolating too many people for that paticular member's selfish needs. This isn't fair. We haven't chosen a place that is too specific in it's location in the UK (Brighton?!) and this should be appreciated. We have TRIED to be fair.

(P.S: Newcastle is a direct to Birmingham.)

Holy_Aeris
02-02-2006, 12:40 AM
Ahh ok, apologies if i have seemed selfish at all or whatever.

whatevers best for people!

Reine
02-02-2006, 02:06 AM
NZ>UK

:cool: indeed

boris no no
02-02-2006, 11:09 AM
I'm sorry but I've got to say something about this distance thing. Everytime a meet-up is arranged in the UK, people always moan about distance saying "It's too far". Why does everyone believe that we can cater for every EoFFers living place? True, some will have to travel further than others but that's part and parcel with a meet-up.

For the second meet-up I had to travel for 2 hours. This involved two changes and yet I went. Because I wanted, because I felt the distance was worth it.

This time, the arrangers of this meet-up have chosen a place that is:
-Central in the UK
-Offers most opportunity for enjoyment
-Easy access from MOST of the Major cities.(Bus,Train,Car)

All the other suggestions have meant isolating too many people for that paticular member's selfish needs. This isn't fair. We haven't chosen a place that is too specific in it's location in the UK (Brighton?!) and this should be appreciated. We have TRIED to be fair.

(P.S: Newcastle is a direct to Birmingham.)
What he said, minus the jibe against Brighton :mad2: :P

But yeah London is big and the capital buuuut You know how bloody annoying it is for people that have never been to get there? Younger people would not be able to survive it
PLus if you want a London meet up....organise one. The last 2 meetups were organised by me and a few other people that live in or near the Midlands.
Plus come on, the Midlands is really really easy to get to, Birmingham is SO easy to get to.
Anyways. If you are deff interested please PM me and Jack so we know whats going on :) and we can decide on whats what and when and who :D

Cz
02-02-2006, 05:22 PM
Oh my god, a one and a half hour train journey is just too much for me to take! Whoa, count me out guys! I'm just going sit around stuffing jellied eels into my boat race. Call me on the dog!You forgot to say Guv'nor. :p

And what I meant is that out of all the places in the Midlands you could have picked, you chose the worst possible option. Nottingham is pretty central, and at least three kajillion times nicer. Birmingham is bleh. :irked:

Of course, a London meet-up would be the best for so many reasons, but they are so sophisticated that they would seem illogical to you and your self-righteous small-town minds. :p

Spiffing Cheese
02-02-2006, 05:36 PM
(UNITE WITH ME, PEOPLE OF WALES!)

I'll unite with you if you stop insulting the Welsh and telling me I have nothing related to mammary glands!

Have fun, guys! And make sure somebody kicks Paulchotic in the balls and videos it, or, y'know, it just won't be fun for the rest of us. :tongue:

I would go, but if I ask my parents I kind of get the feeling I'll be tied up and held hostage for six months.

Jess
02-02-2006, 06:08 PM
I'll unite with you if you stop insulting the Welsh

It's not our fault that the Welsh do bad bad things to sheep. :(

Jack
02-02-2006, 06:36 PM
What he said, minus the jibe against Brighton :mad2: :P
Hey, I like Brighton! I was just saying it's far to localised to be a good place for a meet-up.No strong train, bus or car access points and also it's just a tad far away for loads of people. I've been there a couple of times and I really like the atmosphere in Brighton. Nice shopping too, but I'm not a huge fan of the beach... Nice place.

Nottingham is pretty central, and at least three kajillion times nicer.
True, but I've been Nottingham and the problem I find with it is that it's a little spread out. Plus, I didn't think the shops were as good (But that's just me). BUUUTT it is central.
I don't know why Birmingham ssounds so bad, you do understand kids that the media don't show the non-really-scummy bit. Check out the photos in the album and they'll show you that it's not as bad...We stayed in the main shopping district.

Of course, a London meet-up would be the best for so many reasons, but they are so sophisticated that they would seem illogical to you and your self-righteous small-town minds
Indeed. :rolleyes2
London is a nightmare if you've never been much. Luckily I have so it's okay, but for somewhere where we're trying to sort out lots of people who may never have been to a location, I'd prefer Birmingham.
And if that sounds stupid for people to have not been, I'd never gone Manchester until the last meet-up.

boris, we need some fixed details but I'm not making any until we've got a date. Can you fix on a date please? It depends on what is good for most cause I can always get someone to work my shift/Use holiday.

Dreddz
02-02-2006, 06:40 PM
Its not fair going to Birmingham twice, go somewhere else, so the people that could not go last time, can go.

Jack
02-02-2006, 07:21 PM
Its not fair going to Birmingham twice, go somewhere else, so the people that could not go last time, can go.

Good point Dreddz. But I'd like to point out that the choices are limited. We've been Manchester and we've been Birmingham and the only other really big city is London. However, we (as the organisors of THIS meet-up) feel that London is too complicated for those who have never been and also those who live outside it. I note that you live inside London and so therefore probably would want one there.
I'm sorry to have to say this but as boris said "Plus if you want a London meet up....organise one"
Birmingham is between the north and south so middle. The only other places in that situation are other midlands cities like Leicester,Coventry,Nottingham,Derby... But none have the same amount of access as Birmingham and also I don't really want a meet-up right on my doorstep.

Another point is that other cities are too far north/south and isolate more people. It's all well and good saying that we should choose other places but we think that Birmingham isn't too north/south specific to isolate more people. So in effect we are being fair. It isn' like a road-trip going around the country so all can meet-up. This is a one-off event, so it would make sense to choose a place that is easier to get to then...Newcastle for example. Would that be easier for you to go?

There is nothing stopping anyone else arranging another meet-up. The reason it get's focus is because boris (and others) are the first to actually get one into realisation. I don't want to sound harsh at all but the fact is there.

Holy_Aeris
02-02-2006, 07:23 PM
About the Brighton thing, i swear its easy to get to by train, simple train ride isn't it? I thought all trains from wherever lead to Brighton?

Jack
02-02-2006, 07:48 PM
About the Brighton thing, i swear its easy to get to by train, simple train ride isn't it? I thought all trains from wherever lead to Brighton?
No.Here's a example of how a train journey to Brighton works for someone like me travelling from the middle of England.

1.LEICESTER dep 07:30
2.LONDON ST PANCRAS arr 08:55
3.LONDON ST PANCRAS dep 08:55
4.LONDON VICTORIA arr 09:36
5.LONDON VICTORIA dep 09:36
6.BRIGHTON STATION arr 10:27

Now imagine what it's like for those who live futher north than I and whose stations DON'T have a direct to London. Also, consider the fact that I would have to get from a national rail networked line to the underground in... 1 minute? At peak commuter time? Imagine if my train is one minute late... I would have to wait another 30 minutes for the next one. So no, not every train leads straight to Brighton. Brighton is slightly isolated and as much as I'd like to take Psychotic out on the beach for a good seeing to, I can't because I'd be shattered from the train journey.

Dreddz
02-02-2006, 07:50 PM
Good point Dreddz. But I'd like to point out that the choices are limited. We've been Manchester and we've been Birmingham and the only other really big city is London. However, we (as the organisors of THIS meet-up) feel that London is too complicated for those who have never been and also those who live outside it. I note that you live inside London and so therefore probably would want one there.
I'm sorry to have to say this but as boris said "Plus if you want a London meet up....organise one"
Birmingham is between the north and south so middle. The only other places in that situation are other midlands cities like Leicester,Coventry,Nottingham,Derby... But none have the same amount of access as Birmingham and also I don't really want a meet-up right on my doorstep.

Another point is that other cities are too far north/south and isolate more people. It's all well and good saying that we should choose other places but we think that Birmingham isn't too north/south specific to isolate more people. So in effect we are being fair. It isn' like a road-trip going around the country so all can meet-up. This is a one-off event, so it would make sense to choose a place that is easier to get to then...Newcastle for example. Would that be easier for you to go?

There is nothing stopping anyone else arranging another meet-up. The reason it get's focus is because boris (and others) are the first to actually get one into realisation. I don't want to sound harsh at all but the fact is there.
I understand, but I dont see why London is complicated, in what way, it has the most access out of any City In the UK. Nearly all trains go there.

Holy_Aeris
02-02-2006, 08:30 PM
No.Here's a example of how a train journey to Brighton works for someone like me travelling from the middle of England.

1.LEICESTER dep 07:30
2.LONDON ST PANCRAS arr 08:55
3.LONDON ST PANCRAS dep 08:55
4.LONDON VICTORIA arr 09:36
5.LONDON VICTORIA dep 09:36
6.BRIGHTON STATION arr 10:27

Now imagine what it's like for those who live futher north than I and whose stations DON'T have a direct to London. Also, consider the fact that I would have to get from a national rail networked line to the underground in... 1 minute? At peak commuter time? Imagine if my train is one minute late... I would have to wait another 30 minutes for the next one. So no, not every train leads straight to Brighton. Brighton is slightly isolated and as much as I'd like to take Psychotic out on the beach for a good seeing to, I can't because I'd be shattered from the train journey.

huh, ok my bad, sorry

Psychotic
02-02-2006, 08:33 PM
I dispute the claim that Birmingham is scummier than Nottingham. They're both as terrible as each other.

I understand, but I dont see why London is complicated, in what way, it has the most access out of any City In the UK. Nearly all trains go there.Because it's so bloody big! Everyone would be arriving at different stations and it'd be a nightmare to find everyone, and then get them back to the right stations again.

Cz
02-02-2006, 08:49 PM
I don't see what's complex about London either. Assuming you're arriving by train, it's a simple matter of getting on the relevant tube line. It would be easy to arrange a meeting place outside Piccadilly Circus, or even on the platform of a station if it's any easier. None of the major stations are at all isolated from the tube network, so there shouldn't be any complex changes etc.

I didn't really make myself clear before, so let me just outline why I think London would be a good idea, if not for this meet, then for a future one:

1. London is well-connected. Of course this is also true of Birmingham, but there are a greater number of services that head to/from London, and these also run more often. Not to mention that once you're in the city, the trains/buses are reliable enough to get you just about anywhere within five or ten minutes.

2. There's plenty to do. Again this is true of many cities, but to nowhere near the same extent. In addition to the shops (Oxford Street, Covent Garden etc.) there are also plenty of great places to eat, see a show or whatever. If we felt like organising something like that, it'd be pretty easy to do. Not to mention that the Trocadero has one hell of an arcade, and I want to kick your asses at DDR. ;)

3. More people would show up. Certainly, London makes things difficult for people further North (which sucks, particularly as some of the Northern people are the ones I'm keenest to meet) but it also makes things far, far easier for those in the South. From my experience there are quite a large number of London-based EoFFers, and we could practically guarentee that they'd turn up if the meet were to be so local. The amount of Northern members we'd lose would be offset by the number of Southern members we'd gain, and it would also increase the chances of new members, who were not present at previous meets, showing up. This is unfair on the North, but the balance could always be restored by having the next meet in an area that favours them.

4. No way can I go to Birmingham. I know this isn't a proper reason, but the fact is that I really want to meet you guys, yet my parents simply aren't permissive enough. A London meet would be absolutely perfect for me, not just because of the locality but because it would be awesome to show you guys around, and I genuinely think that the travel difficulties would be worth it. The other option is to wait until Uni. (which by the looks of things is almost certainly going to Northernise me) but I'd rather not have to do that, particularly as I'll probably have got bored and left again by that point. ;)

Brighton would also have been fun, but as Jack says it's nigh-on impossible. I've got a gig there tomorrow, and even getting across London to Victoria station in time is going to be a nightmare. Unfortunately, Brighton isn't really an option.

So c'mon. Please? :)

Shauna
02-02-2006, 09:08 PM

:rolleyes2 ?

Dreddz
02-02-2006, 09:14 PM
I don't see what's complex about London either. Assuming you're arriving by train, it's a simple matter of getting on the relevant tube line. It would be easy to arrange a meeting place outside Piccadilly Circus, or even on the platform of a station if it's any easier. None of the major stations are at all isolated from the tube network, so there shouldn't be any complex changes etc.

I didn't really make myself clear before, so let me just outline why I think London would be a good idea, if not for this meet, then for a future one:

1. London is well-connected. Of course this is also true of Birmingham, but there are a greater number of services that head to/from London, and these also run more often. Not to mention that once you're in the city, the trains/buses are reliable enough to get you just about anywhere within five or ten minutes.

2. There's plenty to do. Again this is true of many cities, but to nowhere near the same extent. In addition to the shops (Oxford Street, Covent Garden etc.) there are also plenty of great places to eat, see a show or whatever. If we felt like organising something like that, it'd be pretty easy to do. Not to mention that the Trocadero has one hell of an arcade, and I want to kick your asses at DDR. ;)

3. More people would show up. Certainly, London makes things difficult for people further North (which sucks, particularly as some of the Northern people are the ones I'm keenest to meet) but it also makes things far, far easier for those in the South. From my experience there are quite a large number of London-based EoFFers, and we could practically guarentee that they'd turn up if the meet were to be so local. The amount of Northern members we'd lose would be offset by the number of Southern members we'd gain, and it would also increase the chances of new members, who were not present at previous meets, showing up. This is unfair on the North, but the balance could always be restored by having the next meet in an area that favours them.

4. No way can I go to Birmingham. I know this isn't a proper reason, but the fact is that I really want to meet you guys, yet my parents simply aren't permissive enough. A London meet would be absolutely perfect for me, not just because of the locality but because it would be awesome to show you guys around, and I genuinely think that the travel difficulties would be worth it. The other option is to wait until Uni. (which by the looks of things is almost certainly going to Northernise me) but I'd rather not have to do that, particularly as I'll probably have got bored and left again by that point. ;)

Brighton would also have been fun, but as Jack says it's nigh-on impossible. I've got a gig there tomorrow, and even getting across London to Victoria station in time is going to be a nightmare. Unfortunately, Brighton isn't really an option.

So c'mon. Please? :)
Im going to back that comment......
Oh, and seeing as Ive spent a good portion of my life in the Trocadero Black Mage 121, Ill accept your challenge......

Psychotic
02-02-2006, 09:34 PM
If someone does organise a London one, I'd probably go (financial issues and other commitments not withstanding, although that's the case for any meetup) but I just don't think it's fair to expect people who live nowhere near London to organise one because Londoners are too lazy to make the effort.

Dreddz
02-02-2006, 09:36 PM
London
April 4th
11am
London Aquarium

We arent that lazy Psy, geez ....

Shoden
02-02-2006, 09:37 PM
No way I'm going to the south area, I'd get shot, us northerners are targets for southerners, look at Psy he's tried to eat me since I joined!

Man I'll have to come to a meet up next time.

Psychotic
02-02-2006, 09:42 PM
No way I'm going to the south area, I'd get shot, us northerners are targets for southerners, look at Psy he's tried to eat me since I joined!I'm not a southerner. I'm not a northerner, either. I'm a Midlander. We combine the rudeness of the south with the poverty of the north!

Cz
02-02-2006, 09:52 PM
If someone does organise a London one, I'd probably go (financial issues and other commitments not withstanding, although that's the case for any meetup) but I just don't think it's fair to expect people who live nowhere near London to organise one because Londoners are too lazy to make the effort.True, but what's wrong with having each meetup in a different location around the country so that everyone has a chance to attend? You don't see the US holding every single event in a central location, so I don't think we should either.

Some of us aren't being lazy, we simply cannot make the journey to Birmingham. I actually think it's far fairer to give people an easy trip once in a while, at the expense of missing one or two events, rather than expecting everyone in the two extremes of the country to take a long train journey every single time.

Once again, I'm not proposing that this meet-up be held in London, merely that we take the idea into consideration for future events, rather than ruling it out immediately.

Rye
02-02-2006, 09:54 PM
But the US is huge compared to England. Maybe this is just me, being from the large country America is, but I don't see what the big deal is in taking a train to one part of England to another, it's pretty small. It has to take like, 3 hours (or maybe 4) at most, provided you don't go from the tippy top of England (not Britain, but England) to the bottom tip. But I dunno, so forgive me if I'm wrong. :)

I mean, I went from Bologna which is in middle area to Italy, to Venice, which is way north, in about 2 and a half hours, and Italy is longer than England.

Psychotic
02-02-2006, 10:01 PM
True, but what's wrong with having each meetup in a different location around the country so that everyone has a chance to attend? You don't see the US holding every single event in a central location, so I don't think we should either.

Some of us aren't being lazy, we simply cannot make the journey to Birmingham. I actually think it's far fairer to give people an easy trip once in a while, at the expense of missing one or two events, rather than expecting everyone in the two extremes of the country to take a long train journey every single time.

Once again, I'm not proposing that this meet-up be held in London, merely that we take the idea into consideration for future events, rather than ruling it out immediately.I'm not saying that at all. I'm all for holding one in London. Please do! Like I say, I'd go. But you, Dreddz, and other people from London should organise it. People like boris no no, Jack, and myself don't know London very well, if at all, and I just don't see how we could be expected to organise one, and be responsible for several people, in a city that's alien to us.

Cz
02-02-2006, 10:10 PM
I'm not saying that at all. I'm all for holding one in London. Please do! Like I say, I'd go. But you, Dreddz, and other people from London should organise it. People like boris no no, Jack, and myself don't know London very well, if at all, and I just don't see how we could be expected to organise one, and be responsible for several people, in a city that's alien to us.I'd be happy to organise it, it just seemed that people were unwilling to come to London at all. As long as I can be sure that you guys are going to show up then I'd be happy to sort things out.

But the US is huge compared to England. Maybe this is just me, being from the large country America is, but I don't see what the big deal is in taking a train to one part of England to another, it's pretty small. It has to take like, 3 hours (or maybe 4) at most, provided you don't go from the tippy top of England (not Britain, but England) to the bottom tip. But I dunno, so forgive me if I'm wrong.

I mean, I went from Bologna which is in middle area to Italy, to Venice, which is way north, in about 2 and a half hours, and Italy is longer than England.Yeah, that's fair enough. But I think it's all relative really. Generally, Americans are willing to journey further than Brits, merely because of the relative sizes of our nations. To me, Birmingham is "Halfway up the country, blimey!", whereas an American would probably be willing to drive the same distance to pick up some milk. ;)

Anyway, the parental issues still come into play. I'd be quite happy to travel to the midlands, but in reality it's not that simple.

So yeah, I'd just like to put the idea of a London event on the table. Leave the organisation to me an think about it. G'night, folks. :)

Dreddz
02-02-2006, 10:21 PM
I'd be happy to organise it, it just seemed that people were unwilling to come to London at all. As long as I can be sure that you guys are going to show up then I'd be happy to sort things out.

I would offer help in any way, Im not that great with this stuff, but seeing as I Live slap bang in the middle of London, I would gladly help, advise etc..

a tree disguised as a cow
02-02-2006, 10:45 PM
So when is the Iceland meet?

Dreddz
02-02-2006, 10:48 PM
So when is the Iceland meet?
TBC ;)

Boosk
02-02-2006, 11:04 PM
Come on boris, lets go for Birm. I'll be glad to help organise it!
The reason I think Birm is best is because everyone will have roughly the sameish distance to travel, I'm coming from up north and Hulls trains are well poop (we have one to Leeds, Sheff and Doncaster...thats about it....).
And early Easter so that the younger lot can make it (cos you guys only get 2 weeks off right).
I'm only making suggestions here!!
As I said, I'd be happy to help Jack and Boris!!
Plus It's be great to actually get to see my sister properly!!

Shoden
02-02-2006, 11:34 PM
avoid Leeds and Newcastle and your survival rates for the meetup are high, try somewhere apart from places as southern as London and farther and this will be a success.

Jack
02-03-2006, 12:57 AM
It appears that some people want it in Birmingham and some people (who appear to post the most) want it in London. While me and boris kinda formulated this idea, it has always been a open market for ANYONE to create a meet-up. It just needs a little planning...

The problem is as much as I'd like to say "Go on have it and I'll pop along as well" and therefore take any pressure off me straight away (Hey, who WANTS stress?) I wouldn't feel right. Some people want to go to Birmingham and it would be unfair to simply drop the idea just because there are some vocal opposers.

To have 2 meet-ups at the same time is also limiting because some will go one, and some will go the other, and personally I'm not a fan of competing meet-ups, I just want it to be fun for all. Plus, I'm not sure on what boris wants to do at this point...

SOOOO..... In a attempt to keep everyone happy we have several possibilities which I'd like to put on the tabel for all.

1)We go Birmingham and let Londoners do their own.
2)We ditch Birmigham and just let the Londoners set it up.
3)We plan them to be on the same date and enjoy the event.
4)We have a comprimise and one has one now and the other during the summmer or whenever. As such, we get 2 meet-ups in this year and therefore people could go both.

Personally, i'm a fan of Option 4. In this case, we appease this idea:

I actually think it's far fairer to give people an easy trip once in a while, at the expense of missing one or two events,
and therefore both get the same amount of "publicity" on EoFF.
By doing this option we can get:
-We BOTH get our meet-ups.
-Some people can go both.
-Doesn't isolate anyone really (Except the really Northerners who if they get their act together can have on too)

It's up to you.

Drift
02-03-2006, 07:17 AM
i'll go where boris and jack go ^_^

boris no no
02-03-2006, 10:55 AM
Whoever said Nottingham was nice...I laughed rather a lot :P Nottingham is the scum of the Midlands. :D

OK! Here it is. I'm all up for meeting people and organising things. But when it comes to organising I will do something that is easy for me. Selfish? maybe. I have never been to London so why would I organise something in a huge city I have no idea where anything is. Londoners, do your own meet up and hurrah!
THIS thread is about the Birm one. So please do not fill it up with "oh London London it's so great" singing please
Ok Easter break for me is 1st April -24th April. I have no idea about schools so someone will have to fill me in there
I suggest something like the 22nd April which is a Saturday.
Sorry about my attitude today, I'm full of cold and in no mood for all of the discontent.
So Birmingham 22nd April? good good

Boosk
02-03-2006, 03:41 PM
Whoever said Nottingham was nice...I laughed rather a lot :P Nottingham is the scum of the Midlands. :D

OK! Here it is. I'm all up for meeting people and organising things. But when it comes to organising I will do something that is easy for me. Selfish? maybe. I have never been to London so why would I organise something in a huge city I have no idea where anything is. Londoners, do your own meet up and hurrah!
THIS thread is about the Birm one. So please do not fill it up with "oh London London it's so great" singing please
Ok Easter break for me is 1st April -24th April. I have no idea about schools so someone will have to fill me in there
I suggest something like the 22nd April which is a Saturday.
Sorry about my attitude today, I'm full of cold and in no mood for all of the discontent.
So Birmingham 22nd April? good good

I'm going to suggest the 15th April, It's in the middle of the hols and it'seasier for people who are at Uni away from home so that we can get back in plenty of time. I need to be back in Hull on the 22nd :(

boris no no
02-03-2006, 03:54 PM
I'm going to suggest the 15th April, It's in the middle of the hols and it'seasier for people who are at Uni away from home so that we can get back in plenty of time. I need to be back in Hull on the 22nd :(

Then the 15th? the Saturday before

Boosk
02-03-2006, 04:02 PM
Then the 15th? the Saturday before
Yes, it is.
Good? Or bad?

Dragon Ash
02-03-2006, 05:09 PM
I'm really tempted... I know I said that last year and I didn't go, but nevermind!

I just have to get a job so I can afford to go and make sure that I book holidays the second I get one.

Jack
02-04-2006, 12:04 AM
We have a comprimise and one has one now and the other during the summmer or whenever. As such, we get 2 meet-ups in this year and therefore people could go both.

Right? If you want London you now have the opportunity to do it another time. Please don't try and cram it into the same month cause it'll be all "My Meet-ups better than YOUR meet-up". It's pointless.
Plus, I'm trying to encourage a nice happy family friendly atmosphere here (Why not? I have a girlfriend...I can be happy too!)
As for the "Oh London London it's so great"... I'm sure that can be downloaded onto your iPod.

I'm just gonna sit down and lay down the facts of the Birmingham meet-up. Since this thread is now FOCUSSED on the actual fatcs and no more titter tatter about location location location... (Though that is a trashy programme...). Here we go...

FACTS:

-It's on April the 15th. (I'm agreeing for you) This is a Saturday. As for the college thing, it is indeed Half Term for most colleges (Because it's on Easter Weekend)

-It is in Birmingham.

-Under 16 yr olds need permission. This is because you're still young and not yet legal to look after yourselves. i knwo you probably can but there you go.

-Because of it's sucess last time, we'll probably hook up at Birmingham New Street station. However, to avoid trouble, it might be better to meet up in the mall that is next to it. This is just a idea folks...

-----

So there you go. Hope to see you there if you want to come.

Meat Puppet
02-04-2006, 12:08 AM
I think that somebody should capture Psy's hat and then sell it on ebay.co.uk

Jack
02-04-2006, 12:16 AM
I tried selling a pitcher of Psy's sweat collected from both meet-ups on ebay.co.uk. Sadly though, no one ever bourght it saying it was in bad taste.

I dunno, tasted quite good with sugar...

Loony BoB
02-04-2006, 09:49 AM
I don't know why Birmingham ssounds so bad, you do understand kids that the media don't show the non-really-scummy bit. Check out the photos in the album and they'll show you that it's not as bad...We stayed in the main shopping district.
Why were you taking photos of all those chavs, anyway?

But seriously, all the best with this, and don't call me too early or I'll hang up on the lot of ya. Also, I can't afford to go to anywhere further than Glasgow for meetups in the next few months or so, so I won't be going.

EDIT: And Psy, I'm pretty sure the most 'international' meetup so far was in Scotland, with people from England, the Netherlands, NZ and Scotland going to that one. So ner!

Dragon Ash
02-04-2006, 11:25 AM
Just out of curiosity, is there going to be a Glasgow meet up anytime soon? Because I live there now so any meet-up in Glasgow would be really easy (and cheap :p ) for me.

Boosk
02-04-2006, 11:31 AM
FACTS:

-It's on April the 15th. (I'm agreeing for you) This is a Saturday. As for the college thing, it is indeed Half Term for most colleges (Because it's on Easter Weekend)

-It is in Birmingham.

-Under 16 yr olds need permission. This is because you're still young and not yet legal to look after yourselves. i knwo you probably can but there you go.

-Because of it's sucess last time, we'll probably hook up at Birmingham New Street station. However, to avoid trouble, it might be better to meet up in the mall that is next to it. This is just a idea folks...

I totally agree!! Sounds like it's going to be fun!

ok, questions!!
Are people going to PM either you (Jack) or boris if they wanna go so you can make a list of all over and under 16's?

Are we going to stay in a hotel for the night?

uuuurrmm...think thats it....

boris no no
02-04-2006, 11:58 AM
PM either of us, we can sort it out between us :)
Hotel idea shall be discussed once we know whos coming and how many are over 18 :) And if people want to.
I for one don't mind too much about staying in a hotel or not. :) It all depends if we decided to go out drinking again :P

Rye
02-04-2006, 12:07 PM
That sounds like an awesome idea. :D I hope you guys have lots of fun.

Psychotic
02-04-2006, 01:46 PM
EDIT: And Psy, I'm pretty sure the most 'international' meetup so far was in Scotland, with people from England, the Netherlands, NZ and Scotland going to that one. So ner!That wasn't a meetup. That was "Sweaty BoB has his sweaty pals over for a good hard sweating!" You didn't even make a thread asking people to come! If you had, I totally would've come, and so would everyone else. Damned elitist.

Levian
02-04-2006, 01:48 PM
Well, I got a job, so the financial /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif has been taken care of. Now I need a place to <del>Chaos prophecy</del> crash. I guess I could always check into a hotel though.

Cz
02-04-2006, 01:58 PM
All of this sounds good to me. If there's any chance that I can make it to Birmingham, I will. If not, I'll be sure to organise something in the capital in six months' time. :)

Loony BoB
02-04-2006, 02:59 PM
You didn't even make a thread asking people to come! If you had, I totally would've come
Exactly.

Psychotic
02-04-2006, 03:02 PM
Oh, you'd feel threatened by my manliness? Don't worry, it's personality that counts. :)

...oh, wait. Scratch that. Worry.

Loony BoB
02-04-2006, 03:11 PM
Nah, worrying would be something someone with personality does. :p

Twisted Tinkerbell
02-04-2006, 03:54 PM
(UNITE WITH ME, PEOPLE OF WALES!)

I am from South Wales and I shall UNITE WITH YOU! Not sure if me and Lasuria can make it, but would like to.

Elite Lord Sigma
02-06-2006, 03:44 AM
My parents don't even know I chat on this site, and I highly doubt they'd let me go to Britain, unless one of them came with me. When I have time or patience (around winter break), I'll try to persuade them.

Twisted Tinkerbell
02-06-2006, 11:10 AM
I really wanna go, but how much is it gonna cost to get to Birmingham? I haven't been up that way for a few years, if anyone can tell me how much it'll cost from London, then I'll know if I can make it or not.

Psychotic
02-06-2006, 01:25 PM
According to nationalrail.co.uk, a saver return from London to Birmingham is £36.20, although apparently a single could cost as little as £10, but I don't really understand all these different ticket options, so sorry if I'm wrong.

Twisted Tinkerbell
02-06-2006, 01:42 PM
Okies, thanks Psy!

agrudis
02-06-2006, 09:22 PM
Hi, I've only just learned that such a thread exists. Can you just fill me in on where, when, etc, and I'll see if I can come.

boris no no
02-06-2006, 09:24 PM
Hi, I've only just learned that such a thread exists. Can you just fill me in on where, when, etc, and I'll see if I can come.
Should be 15th of April (me thinks) in Birm
Times and stuff to be put up at a later date

Heath
02-06-2006, 09:47 PM
He concedes he has missed Scottish meet ups, but they're racially biased against their southern cousins (UNITE WITH ME, PEOPLE OF WALES!) anyway.

*strictly speaking isn't Welsh but unites anyway*

Shaun
02-07-2006, 11:54 AM
It would only cost me a small amount as I live in the Manchester area, but some of you people really freak me out, so I might pass.

Anaisa
02-07-2006, 12:24 PM
:laugh: You live in Manchester, but some of these people have managed to freak you out!

Psychotic
02-07-2006, 01:19 PM
I don't think Shaun could possibly be talking about me!

Anaisa, you live in Britain. Come. I demand it!

Anaisa
02-07-2006, 02:53 PM
I will if I can.

agrudis
02-07-2006, 05:29 PM
15th April ... works for me! I'll have to ask my parents though.

Madame Adequate
02-07-2006, 06:04 PM
UK people are so lazy! You guys won't go to the meet up because it's a couple houras away wtf I'm traveling 1300 miles to go to CST >:0!

People in this country speak of 70 miles as a vast, nigh-mythical distance to travel.

agrudis
02-07-2006, 06:26 PM
What? I like travelling:p

Levian
02-07-2006, 11:53 PM
is it allowed to join multiple parties?

edit: wtf. this is not the election thread.

agrudis
02-08-2006, 01:15 AM
I don't expect any UKers to be online at this time, but could someone give me a link to a site where I can find out about train tickets etc?

Shauna
02-08-2006, 01:21 AM
Just out of curiosity, is there going to be a Glasgow meet up anytime soon? Because I live there now so any meet-up in Glasgow would be really easy (and cheap :p ) for me.

*shrugs* Me and SK have been planning one for during the summer, and that is the only one I can think of that's in Glasgow. Although, if you want to plan one go ahead? :p

Boosk
02-08-2006, 11:56 AM
I don't expect any UKers to be online at this time, but could someone give me a link to a site where I can find out about train tickets etc?
http://www.thetrainline.com

this tell you times etc, hope you find it helpful!

Loony BoB
02-08-2006, 12:03 PM
*shrugs* Me and SK have been planning one for during the summer, and that is the only one I can think of that's in Glasgow. Although, if you want to plan one go ahead? :p
Summer? Go for Spring! It's sooner. :)

escobert
02-08-2006, 12:19 PM
Summer? Go for Autumn! It's sooner. :)
what?

Loony BoB
02-08-2006, 12:22 PM
Er. Clearly, I mean "Summer in the Northern Hemisphere? Go for Autumn in the Southern Hemisphere! It's sooner!"

...yes... *edits previous post* I'm clearly only halfway through the process of seasonal adjustment.

escobert
02-08-2006, 12:34 PM
haha ok much better :p

Shauna
02-08-2006, 04:09 PM
Summer? Go for Spring! It's sooner. :)

I shall have a secret conference with SK. Discuss this idea. :p

Psychotic
02-08-2006, 04:49 PM
Keep your northern filth out of our thread and make your own! :ANGRYEMOTE:

(I already used the :ANGRYEMOTE: joke in someone's user notes today, but it's cool, none of you are part of the badass user note clique and will still find it fresh and hilarious, for it is a most witty joke)

Shauna
02-08-2006, 04:55 PM
Well, Scotland is part of the UK. We can talk about it if we wish, you southern loser! >=P

Anaisa
02-08-2006, 05:06 PM
Psychotic will be back here soon, to say he is not a southern loser, he is a midlands loser. ;)

Psychotic
02-08-2006, 05:06 PM
Dearest Shauna,

Of course you can, my bonnie wee lass.

In your own thread, that is, because this is for one specific UK meet up, which I do not believe you have any intention of attending. Why must you cheat us, Sister Shauna? Why do you try to trick us with your fraudulent lies?

Haggis for life,
Psychotic.

Anaisa
02-08-2006, 05:13 PM
Alright, maybe not....

Shauna
02-08-2006, 06:03 PM
I'm sorry Psy. :( I shall talk of it no longer.

Cz
02-08-2006, 06:26 PM
I can't believe that Psy of all people is criticising people for going off-topic. The CK implants in his brain must be starting to take effect. Soon he will be another mindless minion of the Admins.

Other meetups are good, wherever and whenever they are, and especially if the midlands doesn't hog them all. :p

Psychotic
02-08-2006, 06:29 PM
Mindless minion of the admins? Well, I have the mindless bit nailed down.

Only one meetup so far has been in these lands of mid. WHERE WERE YOU IN MANCHESTER?! I think we were on a bus that went past Old Trafford, and I flipped it off. See the fun you missed out on?

I look forward to playing with you in Birmingham, my dear Black Mage. I shall look for you on every train entering from the capital until, at last, we are reunited.

Anaisa
02-08-2006, 06:33 PM
If thats the case Black Mage, I suggest we have a meet-up in my yard. It will be great fun, everyone can sit on my garden storage bin, an admire my conifers. If your really lucky I might let you peer through the window at my kitchen units. Infact, scrap that. I don't think any of us could handle the excitement of such a meet-up.

Cz
02-08-2006, 06:38 PM
If thats the case Black Mage, I suggest we have a meet-up in my yard. It will be great fun, everyone can sit on my garden storage bin, an admire my conifers. If your really lucky I might let you peer through the window at my kitchen units. Infact, scrap that. I don't think any of us could handle the excitement of such a meet-up.This is the best idea ever. I bet all you lets-go-to-Birmingham types feel pretty stupid now, eh?

HybridFan
02-11-2006, 05:54 PM
If it is in Birmingham I'll def go as I live in Worcester which isn't that far.

Jack
02-12-2006, 01:23 AM
This is all good.

I still have to get that day off work (Notices the irony) so times according to me are still up in the air. It's probably better to ask boris cause I think she doesn't work Saturday's anymore... I'd assume it's in the morning but we could be wrong...

Sorry to say this but if you are definitely thinking about coming (seriouslu...more than 80% sure of attending) then please PM me with your age. I for one am far too busy with coursework to trawl through your profiles on a 56k modem to find them out. (Sorry) and we'll consider the whole Hotel thing...

Could Psy bring word from Baloki-town?

Psychotic
02-12-2006, 01:25 AM
Baloki is pretty much a certainty, from what he's said.

Levian
02-12-2006, 02:59 AM
Baloki's flowing sexual energy is a certainty, from what I've experienced.

Anaisa
02-12-2006, 01:24 PM
This is all good.

Im going to pretend your including my yard meet-up in that.

smittenkitten
02-13-2006, 05:40 PM
Yes me and shauna shall have a secret meet up Rawr us highlanders have ALL the fun. :D
(maybe in spring and august)

Russielloyd
02-15-2006, 10:05 AM
This sounds cool, i'd would be up for it, it would be my first. I managed to get around London in a day, so Birminingham wouldnt be much trouble. I would be coming from South Wales.

Boosk
02-16-2006, 09:17 PM
so, whos going?

Jack
02-18-2006, 01:47 AM
Let's see...
This is a projected list. Of course, most people actually drop out and nothing ever works to plan (Of course unless you worked on the Manhatten Project...That worked FAR too well)

Jack (I'll find out tommrow if I'm a definite)
boris no no (Possible from what I heard...)
Baloki (Certainity said Psy)
Psychotic (Certainity I think.. UP THE LEICESTER MASSIVE!!!)
kaggski (How could she not?)
zorander (Apparantly...)

Anyone else is mentioned in the thread... But we would like some definites soon people. Just to help the process go smoothly and make the planning easier for me, boris & kagga...
Just think how much you love us...

Boosk
02-18-2006, 11:23 AM
Anyone else is mentioned in the thread... But we would like some definites soon people. Just to help the process go smoothly and make the planning easier for me, boris & kagga...
Just think how much you love us...

Yay! It's going to be so much fun! It's always been a success in the past so let's make this one the best!!:love:

amratis
02-19-2006, 05:18 PM
Hello all, sorry for long absence....not that anyone here's probably even noticed! Havnt been settled and been able to get proper internet accsess (spelling?) for ages.

I'd like to go, unless anyone has any objections? Birmingham sounds good. We should get a hotel so we can bring a playstation again.

amra

Russielloyd
02-19-2006, 06:09 PM
Anyone from Wales going, could get up to Bimingham together possibly.

Boosk
02-19-2006, 07:06 PM
Hello all, sorry for long absence....not that anyone here's probably even noticed! Havnt been settled and been able to get proper internet accsess (spelling?) for ages.

I'd like to go, unless anyone has any objections? Birmingham sounds good. We should get a hotel so we can bring a playstation again.

amra
If you wanna go, PM either jack or boris or if you want me with your age. If you're under 18(?) then you need permition from your parents etc. The more the merrier!

Anyone from Wales going, could get up to Bimingham together possibly
Good plan. Perhaps you could help arrange with others from wales train times etc? If you need a hand just shout though I live no where near Wales :tongue:

zorander
02-20-2006, 01:06 AM
Weeeeelllll..... Last yea we met up on the 16th of April and stayed at the Britannia hotel for one night. It cost about £25 per person, that is, 4 of us payed as we expected me, Nod, Boris and Amra to stay with a room for the boys and a room for the girls. At the end of the day, Baloki and Jack also decided to stay (even though we hadn't booked them in). I've looked at the same hotel for prices and it looks like one room for one night will be £111 - £125, so the more people we have sleeping in the one room (yes, sleeping bag time) the cheeper it'll be all round. That is, if we want to do this for the same appoximate date. Pre-bookings are going fast.

Carl the Llama
02-20-2006, 01:36 AM
Im a definate, just sat here reading the whole thread and I love the idea, also I think that we should get a hotel *yay* /me is excited. Also what time do we have to be in, im thinking that if I leave to go to London and from London to Birmingham the trains get cheaper after 9:30 (I think, possibly 9:00) so i could probly be there for 12ish and as I have never been to Birmingham it'll be fun =) also I think we should trade numbers before we go so that we can phone and let people know if there is going to be delays and or phone when we get there. oh and another idea iv just had you should place a photo of yourself (if you can) so we know what everyone looks like would be v helpful. id take a pic of myself but im about to grow my beard again so I will look diff by the time of the meet up.

Twisted Tinkerbell
02-20-2006, 01:45 AM
Im a definate, just sat here reading the whole thread and I love the idea, also I think that we should get a hotel *yay* /me is excited. Also what time do we have to be in, im thinking that if I leave to go to London and from London to Birmingham the trains get cheaper after 9:30 (I think, possibly 9:00) so i could probly be there for 12ish and as I have never been to Birmingham it'll be fun =) also I think we should trade numbers before we go so that we can phone and let people know if there is going to be delays and or phone when we get there. oh and another idea iv just had you should place a photo of yourself (if you can) so we know what everyone looks like would be v helpful. id take a pic of myself but im about to grow my beard again so I will look diff by the time of the meet up.

I agree with the phone thing, I am always getting lost so it'd be great if I could go with someone else, I'm going from London too, so PM me for my number and maybe we can go together?

zorander
02-20-2006, 04:21 AM

I imagine it'll be much the same as last year, where we all (or most of us) meet up at new street station and any one else who joins up later can contact the group by phone and meet at another location.
Last year we had t-shirts as part of how we reccognised each other. I met Amratis at the station, she handed me my t-shirt and the others just found their way to us from there. Any ideas for a 2006 design?
Last year we had a thread to come up with a design: http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=59539
In the end, we settles on this one:
http://www.loki7.com/hostsig/eofftshirt05/TShirtDesignPreview.gif
So, anyone want to take a shot at a new design?

amratis
02-20-2006, 01:50 PM
Can I just bring my old T-shirt and maybe cross out the 5 and put 6 instead? Budget! :D

Mind you, I dont mind going and doing the t-shirts again if you all cough up the dosh. Last time zorander (being so great) gave me a big cheque for them all. Though I think most ppl paid him their share.

Phone number sharing's probably a good idea. I allready have everyone's, well, I have zor's, boris no no's, psy and baloki's. Spose if anyone needs one they can PM and ask for one? Though theres plenty of time for that if we're not going till April.

Drift
02-21-2006, 07:25 AM
i'll find out in march!

Boosk
02-21-2006, 09:43 AM
i'll find out in march!
Yay! I hope yooou can come! And then I can kick your arse at Tekken again xD. I'll bring my copy of Tekken 5 if anyone wants to try and challenge me...I've been praticeing!!

Psychotic
02-21-2006, 02:46 PM
You're not another Hwoarang abuser like your sister is, are you?

zorander
02-21-2006, 03:54 PM
I've found a place near me that does some very good wuality printing and embroidery for t-shirts. I can probably get a discoubt-deal or something like that if i work my charm on em xx

amratis
02-21-2006, 03:54 PM
You're not another Hwoarang abuser like your sister is, are you?

Coming from anyone else that comment would be nothing but innocent, as it is...

I've found a place near me that does some very good wuality printing and embroidery for t-shirts. I can probably get a discoubt-deal or something like that if i work my charm on em xx

Oh good one, when we have a number for how many are def coming, go and get a price from them.

Carl the Llama
02-22-2006, 04:43 AM
does anyone mind if I bring a friend along?

amratis
02-22-2006, 12:14 PM
does anyone mind if I bring a friend along?

As long as they dont mind being with a complete bunch of weirdo's and can deal with complete insanity (i.e Psy) then no, I dont think anyone would have a problem with you doing that.

Psychotic
02-22-2006, 03:06 PM
As long as they dont mind being with a complete bunch of weirdo's and can deal with complete insanity (i.e Psy) then no, I dont think anyone would have a problem with you doing that.I was clearly the most sane one there last time, Little Miss I Put Rocks In My Mouth.

I don't suppose there'd be a problem if your friend went, although they might feel left out when we talk about EoFF stuff. Not that we do all the time, but sometimes you just can't help but discuss with Baloki how much BoB sucks. :D

amratis
02-22-2006, 06:21 PM
I was clearly the most sane one there last time, Little Miss I Put Rocks In My Mouth.

I so only did that to annoy you, and as I recall it didnt even work anyway. :mad2: And you did lots of insane stuff...I just cant recall it all now.

I still have that rock you know, somewhere.

themagicroundabout
02-22-2006, 08:09 PM
I should be making an appearance at this "meetup" hopefully! :excited:

Ultima Shadow
02-22-2006, 10:56 PM
Well... I WOULD go if it wasn't because of the extreme lack of cash. Being a sucker who lives in Sweden, this little trip would probably cost me a whole lot.

...now, if YOU people could buy me a ticket... I mean... c'mon! :greenie:

Psychotic
02-22-2006, 11:07 PM
I'll buy you a peanut, Shads. And maybe a hentai comic book if we can find any.

Ultima Shadow
02-22-2006, 11:12 PM
Hentai comic book? That's it! I'm coming!

...or, at least I hope so. Man, I just need the freaking cash! :greenie:

I wonder how much it will cost anyways. Probably something around 250£... or maybe more... :-/

ps: Will there be beer and hot chicks?

Psychotic
02-22-2006, 11:15 PM
Regarding the ps bit, yes, and Baloki is quite the looker when he's all dressed up.

Ultima Shadow
02-22-2006, 11:24 PM
Awesome. I'll try to find out how much a trip would cost tomorrow. :greenie:

Jack
02-23-2006, 01:38 AM
Bad news for me at least kids... I can't JUST book holiday for that day. (Hears a crowd's cheer) I have to do weird complicated things involving switching shifts and getting favours... :( Luckily I have plenty of time to speak in a husky tone and pull a unexpecting man toward me to do my shift.
Now all I need is now is a husky voice...

Anyways... I'm glad to see that we're getting down to the nitty gritty (And NOT what I did last night with Psy :D ) and sorting out the details of this meet-up.
I'm just gonna re-state stuff for those that need FACTs dammit!

-The meet-up is Saturday 15th April 2006 in Birmingham, England.

-We're meeting up in Birmingham New Street station intially. This will probably be from 10am on the Saturday morning. Anyone getting alternative transport (Bus, Car, Plane, Hovercraft (Hey, it happened in Rumble In The Bronx! If Jackie Chan, then I can too! :))
Anyone coming later (me probably considering the work thang) will have to use the magic of phones. PM us "adults" who've been before for numbers. I did it first time and it's not a bad system. I have boris no no's, Psy's and my own.

- Hotel is ALMOST a definite. As soon as we've got the numbers, we'll use a claculator and split it between those who are staying. I'd like to point out that although we asked if extra people could stay and they say no, and we did it anyway and they didn't notice... Let's keep the million and one sleeping bags SUBTLE. Hate to get spoke down to by that snotty women (if she still works there). I mean, the way she spoke to you zorander... *slap slap*
Is anyone up for having a bill on their credit card? If so, please book soon cause apparantly it's a popular day. Something to do with Easter apparantly *shrugs shoulders*

-Again, those over 18 come in your numbers. Those under will need permission. we trust you that you'll get it. Also, as requested by boris, under-age drinkers will probably have to NOT go drinking. I know I did, but that's because I borrowed zorander's shirt and the bouncer looked at my underaged i.d and STILL let me in. The word idiot comes to mind... Seriously, The last thing we need is "Kiddie Internet Group Shocker" in the Daily Mail.
My Dad reads that. Let's get in The Times kids!

-Send zorander your T-Shirt designs. Something new perhaps, witha design that'll stand out for the ages. Maybe a "famous" part of Birmingham with some FF characters in or a map of Birmingham with the roads with changed names? Who would resist going down "Omnislash Street?"
I've just realised my ideas are really weird. And not good weird....Stop me now.
Plus! We need a new name. 1st one was 10,00 miles from Mills. The second one was... The second one. It's not necessary but nor is jumping on a bed. We still do it.

So there you go. If that was repetative, it was meant to be.
I have nothing new to say. Other than: Let's go for it!
(hey if we get Nod then we'll almost have a complete repeat of last time!)

Current list...

Jack (I'm coming, but might be late)
boris no no (Not sure right now)
Baloki
Psychotic
kaggski
zorander
amratis (See?)
themagicroundabout
KaiserDragon with a hat
KaiserDragon with a hat's friend (I dunno)
kyuzo (Finds out in March apparantly...)
kitten
Russielloyd
agrudis (seemed intrested)
Tommy (What? He PMed me... I'll Pm back tommorow and see)
Ultima Shadow (From Sweden? I'm interested)

if i've missed someone... It's 1:44. Leave me alone.

P.S I'll do my best to come with you Psy THIS TIME. If I can't on the day, we'll go back with one another on the way home. You'll probably appreciate me more that way anyway.

P.S.S:
I so only did that to annoy you, and as I recall it didnt even work anyway. Anyone remember Hey Arnold!? Didn't that Helga act all weird and try and annoy Arnold, but that was only cause she loved him so much...
:mad2: Back off missy. He's mine. You haven't faced a shopping centrre guard armed only with a camera with him, have you? Thought not. If I see you make eyes at him once... *waggles finger*
...:p :D

Psychotic
02-23-2006, 02:15 AM
Well, that was one of the best posts I've seen all winter.

You forgot amratis from the list.

zorander
02-23-2006, 10:17 AM
Once the numbers are confirmed, I will put the bill on my card and collect the cash from the people staying over. The hotel we used last time was the 3 star Brittania hotel. Was very nice too.
Perhaps someone should also come up with a timetable or list of things to do at what times, not something we would have to adhere to, but just something to use as a guideline to cut out on unwanted random time wasting, that way we can get in as much as possible.
As Jack said, just pm me with your design for a t-shirt and after reviewing all applicants, a decision will be made.

amratis
02-23-2006, 05:04 PM
What the hell! I aint on that list, ah! I'm so :mad2: now!! GRRRR

*dies*

joking

Glad you noticed oh mighty leader. :bow:

EDIT - and I make no secret of my mad crazy attraction to Psy, I tell him so often. But he's just not interested. :cry:

Perhaps someone should also come up with a timetable or list of things to do at what times, not something we would have to adhere to, but just something to use as a guideline to cut out on unwanted random time wasting, that way we can get in as much as possible.

Dude thats waaaay to organized for us. By us I mean me.

Jack
02-24-2006, 01:56 AM
Well, that was one of the best posts I've seen all winter.
Thank you.

Sounds organised... *shivers*. I suppose what we have to consider is if we're gonna do the same things again. The last time we went to the Sealife Centre and a clubs (I think) called Snobs. Doesn't sound a lot does it? (To be fair we were playing too much Tekken 4 , Timesplitters: Future Perfect and Star Wars: Battlefront in the hotel). I'll agree that first time we did spend a little too much sitting around...
I dunno, we should decide if meet-up veterans want to do the same things again (I'm fine, but I'd rather do something new) and if not, search the tourist guides for cool things to do. I'll assume we'll go shopping at some point...
No offence, I don't want to designate allocated times for doing stuff. It reminds me of these University Open Days I've been going on...

A possible suggestion...
http://www.qdosentertainment.co.uk/pantomime/05PanImages/Panto056L/birmingham.jpg
Trust me, I'm joking.

ps: Will there be beer and hot chicks?
Personally, I'd rather there was some hard spirits. (What? I'm a vodka drinker!) As for the hot chicks, that's irrelevent AT THE MOMENT (we're having a tiff) cause I have my own. But I'd like to point out that (from experience) that amra, boris & kagga are beautiful women. We're not all ugly (Pity I am then eh?) at EoFF!!

EDIT - and I make no secret of my mad crazy attraction to Psy, I tell him so often. But he's just not interested :cry:
Why would he when he knows what I offer him? *wink wink* I'm sorry, amra but when you've had a taste of Jack, there's no going back!
Finger licking good!

NOTE: Those who are interested but haven't told me of your intrest...DO NOW. Trust me, coming earlier is better than coming later.
Except if you're spending the night... :D

Psychotic
02-24-2006, 02:14 AM
EDIT - and I make no secret of my mad crazy attraction to Psy, I tell him so often. But he's just not interested. :cry:I want you all to remember that she said that. Make a mental note, a written note and make a user note.

I'm disappointed that you're joking about Joe Pasquale, Jack. I want to go on and we can rush the stage and maybe sing a song about turnips to the expectant audience. The possibilities are endless.

Jack
02-24-2006, 02:36 AM
I'm disappointed that you're joking about Joe Pasquale, Jack. I want to go on and we can rush the stage and maybe sing a song about turnips to the expectant audience. The possibilities are endless.

I personally like the "BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND!!" blazed over the front of the poster. I want to know where they store this popular demand to bring stuff back from the dead.

I'm sure Rainecloud have some. The fact he's still here proves it.

Psychotic
02-24-2006, 02:59 AM
Well, it actually says public demand, not popular. I'm thinking it means they got some random member of the public off the street and forced them to demand Joe Pasquale.

Jack
02-24-2006, 03:19 AM
Depending who that person, the reasons for demanding Mr Pasquale could vary. I mean, obviously they would appeal to that person's needs and wants in how and what they demanded Joe Pasquale to do or be in. Then they taped it, and dropped off the last bit. Then they submitted all thse taped responses to the people with money (idiots) and brought the panto back.

For example...

Jack: "I demand Joe Pasquale to be drowned in his own saliva"

Chris Martin (From Coldplay): "I demand Joe Pasquale in my bed for some passionate rutting against the headboard"

Rainecloud: "I demand Joe Pasquale calls me back because if he does I can say I have more than one friend. That is assuming that me liking myself counts as having a friend..."

zorander
02-24-2006, 10:34 AM
aaaah mittens. I went to the cadbury world website to check out bookings for a tour on the 15th or 16th, but there are no performances happening on those days... no 3 hour tours on weekends!! Oh poopie :(

Rye
02-24-2006, 01:06 PM
P.S.S: Anyone remember Hey Arnold!? Didn't that Helga act all weird and try and annoy Arnold, but that was only cause she loved him so much...
:mad2: Back off missy. He's mine. You haven't faced a shopping centrre guard armed only with a camera with him, have you? Thought not. If I see you make eyes at him once... *waggles finger*
...:p :D

A Hey Arnold?! mention!!! :heart: Zomg.

I dunno if I'd be able to design a shirt, seeing as I'm not even going. xD

Ultima Shadow
02-24-2006, 03:10 PM
Aww, crap! The cheapest way I've found so far will cost me a total of a little more than 400£!!! Seems like I won't be able to come after all... :-/

I've not given up completely yet, though.

Levian
02-24-2006, 05:47 PM
Let's have a Swedish meetup at Svinesund with just the two of us, Shads. :grinpink: oh and kikimm can come too if she absolutely has to >:/

Ultima Shadow
02-24-2006, 07:33 PM
Let's have a Swedish meetup at Svinesund with just the two of us, Shads. :grinpink: oh and kikimm can come too if she absolutely has to >:/xD! That would be awesome! :D

Boosk
02-24-2006, 08:21 PM
I am having massive money problems but I should still be able to go. Hopefully they'll be sorted by then.
maybe we should be split into groups when we meet at the train station? Makes it easier to keep people together. If we have x amount of team leaders and x amount in each group then the team leader will be in charge of not loosing anyone!

Psychotic
02-24-2006, 10:50 PM
I'd overthrow my team leader, rename my team the Shadow Monks, and pick off members of the other teams one-by-one.

amratis
02-24-2006, 11:09 PM
I want you all to remember that she said that. Make a mental note, a written note and make a user note.

Thats just sad. *looks in user notes*

I'd overthrow my team leader, rename my team the Shadow Monks, and pick off members of the other teams one-by-one.

Though I am forced to admit this seems a good idea. As long as I'm not in another team.

lady yunalesca
02-25-2006, 12:13 AM
couldnt be bothered to read the whole thread!!! has a time and place been decided yet?

Carl the Llama
02-25-2006, 07:16 AM
Yes April the 15 (thats a saturday) oh and I thought id mention that my friend cant come now >.<

TheStalker
02-25-2006, 11:23 AM
Whew, half an hour later and I have finally read the whole post. :tongue:

Well I would be more than delighted to come and put me down for a certain. (I will contact both Boris and Jack after this post.)

Hopefully, if it turns out that the hotel thing is happening, I will be able to stay over for the night too! (Though don't count that as a certain)

Shads, you are coming to this meet-up, even if I have to come all the way over to Sweden and smuggle you in myself!

Wweeee
Can't wait for this one. ^_^

TheStalker
02-25-2006, 11:48 AM
Oh and I forgot, my mobile number is: *snip* Maybe not a good idea to give out your number to the entire internet. ~ Leeza
Add me and text with you numbers please ^_^

Boosk
02-25-2006, 12:19 PM
I think it's only over 18s for the hotel TheStalker because there will be drinking before hand and we don't want any under age drinkers. Plus, you need permission from parents etc. Oh and it's reaaaally silly to post mobile numbers in the thread, you never know who's looking, so PM one of us insted guys. If the whole groups idea is a go then you'll be PMing your group leader. It's less hassle for Jack, boris and me.

heehee. Well, maybe you should be a leader? It'll be those that are over 18.

Ultima Shadow
02-25-2006, 01:17 PM
Shads, you are coming to this meet-up, even if I have to come all the way over to Sweden and smuggle you in myself!
xD! That would be awesome! :D

amratis
02-25-2006, 09:55 PM
I've got some PM's from ppl with their numbers. Obviously this means I should be a team leader! Mwahahhahahahahahahhahaha! Then I get to look after all the adorable little ones! by look after them I mean sell them into slavery. :evilking:

themagicroundabout
02-25-2006, 10:03 PM
Wahey, yes, I just PM'd you with my number :excited:
Am I the youngest one going? :grinpink:

lady yunalesca
02-25-2006, 10:09 PM
any one off up from wales???

Iceglow
02-26-2006, 09:29 AM
I don't know about from wales but Kitten is Half Welsh, and yeah psy I will be showing my face there too as for the whole hotel rooms thingy...maybe maybe not depends cause I aint being funny why sleep in a room full of guys (if thats the plan atm according to the last update I got from Kitten it is) when I can rent a room for me and Kitten to share I mean it's all well and good for you lot but we're engaged and well if we gotta share we'd rather be the 2 of us ;)

Carl the Llama
02-26-2006, 09:41 AM
erm im just wondering, how old is everyone? wil I be the oldest one there? im *cough*22*cough*

Iceglow
02-26-2006, 09:45 AM
hmm don't worry in june I turn 21 so you aren't going to be exactly alone in this being "old" malarky

Burtsplurt
02-26-2006, 10:55 AM
Birmingham, oh no. I haven't been for ages (for obvious reasons), but unless they've knocked it down and started from scratch, I predict it will be a dump.

Still, I would go, but I'd feel weird with so many young people about. I'm training to be a teacher, and I can't imagine meeting up to talk with people the same age as those in my classes!

Iceglow
02-26-2006, 11:08 AM
You're training to be a teacher? so what you're about 22 - 25 (i've known a few trainee teachers) well there will be older people there too you got atleast 2 20+ people and I am sure there will be others. Come on, it doesnt matter if the place is a dump (my family are from west brom so I shouldnt really say that) it's a chance to let loose.

Boosk
02-26-2006, 12:58 PM
I've got some PM's from ppl with their numbers. Obviously this means I should be a team leader! Mwahahhahahahahahahhahaha! Then I get to look after all the adorable little ones! by look after them I mean sell them into slavery. :evilking:
heehee, that's cool. Just so laong as we get numbers it's all good!!
Anyone else think they can handle being a group leader?

Jack
02-26-2006, 01:33 PM
Everyone hates me, so I'm not gonna be a leader.
Plus, despite the fact I'm 18 and all, some of you knew me when I was younger so I have as much credibility as a dry fish.

As for this:

maybe maybe not depends cause I aint being funny why sleep in a room full of guys (if thats the plan atm according to the last update I got from Kitten it is) when I can rent a room for me and Kitten to share I mean it's all well and good for you lot but we're engaged and well if we gotta share we'd rather be the 2 of us

Answer: Knock yourself out.
We were just sharing (What's wrong with guys ANYWAY?) to cut down on money. Not because we wanted to impose us all in a living space. You can get a room (We had 2 rooms last time...To be so rich again) and that's fine. That's up to you. However, if more people come we MAY have to get two rooms anyway. However, if you still want your own room, then that's up to you. The balls in your court.

UPDATE

Jack
boris no no (Not sure right now)
Baloki
Psychotic
kaggski
zorander
amratis
themagicroundabout
KaiserDragon with a hat
kyuzo (Waiting till March...)
kitten
Russielloyd
TheStalker
agrudis (seemed intrested)
Ultima Shadow (Still trying...)
lady yunalesca
Lasuria

---

Currently, we have ALMOST double the number of the last meet-ups.

Russielloyd
02-26-2006, 01:35 PM
any one off up from wales???

I'm coming from Wales.

amratis
02-26-2006, 02:23 PM
I dont think ppl should worry too much about being too old or being too young. They'll be a variety of ages and we're hardly the sort to leave ppl out because they're younger/older then us. As for my age, its in my profile kaiserdragon.

edit - anyone coming from my area? south west? dorset in particular?

Clouded Sky
02-26-2006, 05:04 PM
i envy you all. i wish i was over there. i'd gladly come, provided someone pays for my airfare. great is the day i and psy and i combine out powers in real life.

Carl the Llama
02-27-2006, 06:25 AM
I think it would be a good idea if we made a list of the people that are going to be the team leaders, so far (I think) we havw Kagga, Psy, Boris and Amratis... I dont know about you but I think 4 leaders is more then enough but if you want to be a team leader then you should put your name down and if one of the other leaders cant make it then you can be a deputy leader. Another idea is to write the list and put a (ON) next to their name if they are staying overnight as it would make the hotel list much more easyer. :D

boris no no
02-27-2006, 07:30 PM
IMPORTANT

I am sure many of you have noticed my lack of involvement towards the meet up
This is because I am very doubtful that I will be able to go. I am happy to help out but I do think that the ball is rolling
Please do not pm me asking for too many details because I do not know them
I'm sorry for all this, but I have been very busy with uni work this year
Hope you all have fun though :)
Ruthie

zorander
02-28-2006, 05:47 AM
Ok, so. Hotel status:

There are only a coupple of single rooms available for the 15th. Each one costs £111. This isn't as bad as it sounds. If there are 10 people staying over, then they each pay £22 each and all is well. One room for girls, one for the guys. Sooooo, the sooner we know who's staying, male & female, the better.

TheStalker
02-28-2006, 10:23 AM
Well if the hotel thing is a certain 18+ then I will not be able to stay as I will only be 17 >.<

amratis
02-28-2006, 12:39 PM
I'm up for the hotel, which I've allready said, but I'll say it again.
Thats pretty steep. Is it the weekend prices or something? At that price it'll only be worth it if lots of ppl do stay over. And I'm not sure if enough over 18's are. Mind you, last time Jack stayed, and he was 17.

Shaun
02-28-2006, 12:51 PM
Hmm, I'd consider going. I don't know. If I have a job by the time it's going to happen, then yeah, maaaybe. However, there's a few things I'd like to know...

1. WHERE is this taking place (yes, I'm too lazy to skim through many posts, and hopefully it's nearer to where I live than Glasgow is!)?

2. So, is it possible for me to pay for the hotel room? I'm seventeen (but I have a far higher mental age! Usually! ;)).

3. What are the plans for the event? What will actually happen?

4. On average, if I were to come along, how much would I need (including the cost of the hotel room)?

Sorry about the large amount of questions, but maybe this will help others out too.

lady yunalesca
02-28-2006, 06:32 PM
surely we can find a cheaper hotel!!! those proces are sky high!!! plus if you make it more accesible then more people will go!!! plus if it were cheaper we may be able to get rooms on our own, or buddy up with someone without all cramming in together!!! its only a suggestion, but if the hotel were cheaper i would definitly come and so would a few more i think!!!

zorander
02-28-2006, 06:33 PM
Well, i'd be happy with allowing 17+ ages to stay over, especialy if it'll help with the hotel price. It's in Birmingham. We'll probably spend time playing video games in the hotel, shopping at the bull ring, visiting the acuarium, there's even a nifty little museum there and a big wheel as well as a whole artsy center. If 17year olds do stay, alchohol will not be supplied to them, but we won't stop you from taking your own risks with Identification. If the older guys buy alchohol, it's not likely we'll share it with you for obvious reasons... but i'm sure we'll work something out. But this is just what i think/say, and i'm not in charge here so i guess it'll be a roup decision.

DynasticJam
02-28-2006, 07:29 PM
Can I just ask, is everyone going to get an email from the eyesonff staff about this meeting?

Psychotic
02-28-2006, 08:17 PM
No. This is nothing to do with the EoFF staff.

Jack
03-01-2006, 12:45 AM
Right as one of the "leaders" of the meet-up, I'm coming in to sort this out. Since boris no no can't come (Bless her *hugs* I've decided to not bother her since she's busy so DON'T PM her)
I better actually make a executive descision. So here we go...

HOTELS
Firstly, no confrontation toward zorander. I like him. He's cuddly. He sorted out the hotel thing last time, and is a great asset. So less of that. *waggles finger*
However, I have to admit, I do not like those prices. Simply cause it involves sharing with a load of people, and I'm more worried about how to break maximum room occupancy with that number. Last time, it was only 2 extra people in a room (It could have been shared out more but something happened..). So in this point, I agree with lady yunalesca.

What I've just done is look around alternatives. The first one I found was City Inn on Broad St. It's about £63 a room, but this site crashed when I tried to check it out. So I'm not sure about availability. maybe someone with better than 56k modem can find out?
However, while it's close to the NIA and Sea Life Centre, it's a bit of a trek from the Bullring & Station. However, it's very close to a very active night-life area. Up for consideration.

Then I found the Holiday Inn . It said it was 4 minutes from the Station (which is good).Simply cause I was clicking away, I ended up setting up it so there was 6 adults coming and this required 3 double rooms. The overall cost is £210.
10 People coming= £21 each
Occupancy= 3 in 2, 4 in 1. (Or 2 in 1, 4 in 2 for kitten & other)

Of course, these are just suggestions. However, whatever hotel we choose it must be decided soon (as zorander said it's a very popular weekend) so I say a descision will be made on this Friday night.
This will be made between a board of 5. These are the following:
Jack - kaggski - zorander -Psychotic - amratis

It'll be our descison (Why? Cause we've done this stuff before), but please post your comments & suggestions here.If you don't like the sound of the ones above, look on the internet yourself and find one more appealing. Help out! I apoligise for sounding so severe but this needs to be sorted.

Right you know the score. On Friday, a descision will be reached.

I see the musty age problem has arisen. I would agree with boris no no and say that it's a no. But then that would be hypocritical. It is very true that I stayed over last time despite being 17. However, this was before all the new rules concerning alcohol and going out. I got into a club despite the man looking at my i.d. Which wasn't even proper i.d...
So because of my paticular circumstance here we go... *takes deep breath*

-If you ARE 17 and you wish to stay the night in Birmingham, then we (as meet-up organisers) DEMAND that you inform your parents of your intentions BEFORE. As well as this, we say that when appropiate (if possible) you CALL your parents/guardians during the meet-up to confirm this. Because you are not legally responsible for yourself, we must eb sure that those who are allow your prescence here. I understand that in some cases you would rather they did not know you were out. That's okay. Just say you're out with some friends (I did). They may have to talk with one of us, just to be sure you're not just saying.
I know that sounds serious but like I've said before:

... Seriously, The last thing we need is "Kiddie Internet Group Shocker" in the Daily Mail.
See? I DID say that!

-Concerning the alcohol. Here is a written disclaimer for you under-agers to read and print out.

I hereby declare that I will not drink or consume any liquid that conflicts with the Licensing Act 2003 which states that because I am under the legalised age for purchasing alcoholic beverages or alchoholic substances I will not.
It also must be stated that I will not pressure or suggest that those who are above the legalised age (according to the Licensing Act 2003) to purchase said beverages for myself or anyone else under the legalised age.
I agree that if I do find a manner of which to drink the substances declared in the Licensing Act 2003 as illegal for myself or anyone else under 18 to consume it is at my own risk and therefore accept full responsibility for my actions and the consequences of my consumption of the beverages deemed illegal for myself or anyone under 18.
This also applies to any attempt to purchase drinks that have been declared as illegal for my person (since I am under 18) or anyone else under the legal age that is sucessful or unsucessful.

I accept that those who are indeed over the age of 18 involved in the EoFF UK Meet-Up 2006 cannot accept any responsibility for my actions concerning the consumption of beverages outlawed for myself and others like me who are under the age of 18 years. All actions relating to myself either consuming said beverages or purchasing said beverages are taken and performed at my own risk and all consequences relating to this are mine and mine alone.

I think that covers everything! No print it off, sign it and bring it and we'd love you (more). Alternativly, just PM us with you agreeing. Again, seems silly but in this day and age necessary.
Sorry.Seems like we're picking on you but it's not us. It's Tony Blair.

Same goes wherever we go out, although that's not the law, but club policy. So no disclaimer needed!

Sorted? Any queries, please send a PM to me or kagga. Happy to help.

STAFF

Can I just ask, is everyone going to get an email from the eyesonff staff about this meeting?

Well...

No. This is nothing to do with the EoFF staff.

Thank you Psy for clearing this up. However, I think I know why this was asked...
While the staff here at EoFF do not take any involvement or responsiblity for the meet-up, they DO support it. This meet-up isn't related to the site itself, it is a product of it. This is a member formed meet-up for members, and has nothing to do with the staff.
However, once you've confirmed that you're coming (and we've confirmed what's going on), I'll PM you (or Kagga will) with every detail you need to enjoy this meet-up.

Hope that's sorted.

Lastly...

FAQ

1. WHERE is this taking place (yes, I'm too lazy to skim through many posts, and hopefully it's nearer to where I live than Glasgow is!)?

2. So, is it possible for me to pay for the hotel room? I'm seventeen (but I have a far higher mental age! Usually! ).

3. What are the plans for the event? What will actually happen?

4. On average, if I were to come along, how much would I need (including the cost of the hotel room)?

Sorry about the large amount of questions, but maybe this will help others out too.

It probably will help others too. So here we go.

1. This will take place in BIRMINGHAM, West Midlands, England

2. Yes. However, please read section on AGE in this post concerning this.

3. As zorander said...

We'll probably spend time playing video games in the hotel, shopping at the bull ring, visiting the acuarium, there's even a nifty little museum there and a big wheel as well as a whole artsy center.
There is nothing DEFINITE, but these are plans. These can be clarified closer to the event itself.

4.At the moment, costs for hotels have not be confirmed. Assume you'll pay something like £20- 30 for the night. As for the activities, nothing is confirmed but put away £15 (you never know). If we shop, money is spent at your discrestion. Since you're under 17 you won't have to spend money on alchohol. If we go out, clubs (In my area) are about £7.50 for entrance.
About £50 approx. Except for the hotel and the event we go, money is spent at your own discrestion.

Hope that helps...

Russielloyd
03-01-2006, 03:44 AM
Totally understood. Also, is anyone a light drinker? As in it doesn't take much for them to get pissed? I think this would be helpful to know aswell.

Iceglow
03-01-2006, 12:03 PM
damn logging out due to inactivity. Ok I had written quite a long post on room costs for the citi inn hotel in birmingham on the 15th of april. Now I have to re-type it all. Grrr :mad2:

Right of the address for the hotel is:

CITY INN BIRMINGHAM
1 Brunswick Square
Brindleyplace
BIRMINGHAM B1 2HW
UK

The rating is 4 stars

Now for the prices All these are based on 2 (adults) sharing a room.

City Inn Best Rate

Includes Vat Fantastic Restaurant DVD Player with Library Free Use of Gym

Queen bed room with CD Player Satellite TV Power shower Bathrobes Air Con Floor to ceiling window 24 hour room service £65.00

Twin room with two single beds CD Player Satellite TV Power Shower Bathrobes Air con Floor to ceiling window 24 hour room service £65.00

Sounds not too bad from that.

Or We have the next cheap option:

City Inn Best Rate Inc Brkfst

Includes breakfast VAT and complimentary bottle of wine when dining in City Cafe

Queen bed room with CD Player Satellite TV Power shower Bathrobes Air Con Floor to ceiling window 24 hour room service
£80.00

Twin room with two single beds CD Player Satellite TV Power Shower Bathrobes Air con Floor to ceiling window 24 hour room service £80.00

Or its over the £100 mark with:

Spring Time with Dinner

Rate Includes VAT Brkfst and 3 course dinner Free Broadband Internet In All Rooms

Queen bed room with CD Player Satellite TV Power shower Bathrobes Air Con Floor to ceiling window 24 hour room service £110.00

Twin room with two single beds CD Player Satellite TV Power Shower Bathrobes Air con Floor to ceiling window 24 hour room service £110.00

Shaun
03-01-2006, 12:39 PM
Heh, it all sounds good I guess. I don't even need to worry about your bitching over the alcohol. ;) I don't drink and don't intend on drinking, so no worries there. Most things appeal to me, although I'm not the clubbing type (and I'm sure, being a Final Fantasy forum, many others aren't).

Whether I DO come or not depends on whether I can get a job. It's looking grim so far, I've tried MANY places to get a job, and no luck so far (my town sucks!). I'm gonna keep trying, and as long as this doesn't take place too soon, I may well be able to. Thanks for answering my questions.

Iceglow
03-01-2006, 12:42 PM
Well for me and Kitten its all set I work and so will contribute the cost of our room and some spending money not that I intend on getting pissed (or atleast not legless) I can't stand the feeling of being totally out of control drunk.

(and btw I aint too bad a drinker once survived a pub crawl of camden town drinking in every pub and mainly on the JD. I only went hospital when I passed out on the bus....sitting there doing nothing aint good for you)

Jack
03-01-2006, 03:00 PM
Firstly, thanks for the City Inn infomation Lasuria. Useful. Like I've said, FINAL descision on Hotel shall be made on Friday by one of the 5. I trust them, and so should you. If you are one of those 5, feel trusted. *trusts himself*

I'm not the clubbing type (and I'm sure, being a Final Fantasy forum, many others aren't).

Final Fantasy Forum People Don't Go Clubbing? (http://www.eyesonff.com/members/album/UK2005)
As for the too soon, comment it's happening April 15th 2006. You've got just over a month.

I STILL like the Holiday Inn kids, here's where it is compared to the Station. (See attachment) Not far is it? It's not too far away from the hotel we used last time. Remember, my prices were based on 3 rooms with 6 adults attending.

Psychotic
03-01-2006, 03:32 PM
When I last stayed in a hotel in Birmingham, I stayed in one called the Comfort Inn. It was literally a minute from New Street. Can't remember what the prices were like but the room was big. It's a pretty scutty hotel but it gets the job done.

I think we need to know how many people are planning on staying the night, 'cause if all 17 on Jack's list plan on doing so (I'm not saying they are) then I don't think 2 hotel rooms will be enough.

amratis
03-01-2006, 06:24 PM
Oh I dunno Psy, could be quite cosy. ;)

Joking. Seriously- I agree, a poss 17 ppl in 2 rooms? Wee bit cramped methinks.

And ooh, I'm trusted. Yay me! :D
I'd say the hotel nearest the station would be best. The one Psy mentioned, did it have a TV Psy?

Psychotic
03-01-2006, 07:43 PM
Yeah, but it only picked up like, 3 channels. And one of those was Channel 5!

Boosk
03-01-2006, 08:01 PM
hey hey guys!

Well, looks like everything is going smoooothleh!:D

As for the 17 yr olds-I don't mind you staying in the hotel etc but I think it'll be a bad idea to take you out drinking. Just because of the new laws where you HAVE to look over 21 to get into a pub/bar/club. It won't be fair on the people who want to go out and drink because if one person dosn't get in, none of us do...It's just the right thing to do.

And one thing I wanna clear up. I will NOT be staying in the hotel. I'm staying at a friends. I'll meet you all the next day if I can, but as soon as I go, I'll go. Sorry. I'm VERY short of cash. And Hotel prices are going to be high no matter where you go, unless you want to stay in a poop whole...

As for parents concent, I don't mind you PMing me asking for my mobile number and your parents can call me if they're worried or want to ask questions. Plus, they can call me during the meet up if they wish. But if you don't have parent concent and are under 18...You will not be coming. I just don't want anything to happen and get in trouble. I'm not sure how it was done last time...You can PM me for my address and your parents can send me a letter, or an email...but if it's an email, i'd like to have a phone call as well, emails can be forged...

Um...I think that's all. Sorry I'm being all RULE WITH AN IRON FIST!! But I like things to be propper and organised etc. Esspesially with young teenagers on my hands :confused:

This is all about having fun and meeting people! Any funny bussiness then I'll be very angry...:mad2:

Oh, and to the people who don't drink. I'm a none drinker so don't worry. we can laugh at the people who have hangovers.

themagicroundabout
03-01-2006, 08:24 PM
I doubt I'll be staying the night! :greenie:

EDIT: Oh yeah, you said over 17+ anyway so I'm too young :p

Jack
03-02-2006, 12:17 AM
Hey everyone! How you doing?

The point of this post is to clarify. To confirm. To clear up any nagging doubts as much as possible.

THIS WHOLE AGE PERMISSION/DRINKING THANG
Righty, I set the rules. kaggski clarified and took charge. (Thanks my dear...) However, I started thinking and also thought that this thread's been around a while. You're either going or not. I apoligise if I cut you out if you want to come but you lack on non-interest in this thread has left me to believe that you are not coming. Prove me wrong kids!

For my own personal assurance, I did some digging. Sorry kids, but I hate mucking about with big thangs. Plus, those under-agers can be sneaky as I was when I was 17. So i used infomation PUBLICALLY available in your PP and came to a list. I also rounded it down to a line-up.
Basically, I looked up if you're either:
a) Old enough to stay over
b) Old enough to drink.

Legal for both
1) Jack
2) Baloki
3) Psychotic
4) kaggski
5) zorander
6) amratis
7) KaiserDragon with a hat
8) kitten
9) Russielloyd
10) lady yunalesca
11) Lasuria

Stay-able but not drink-able
12) Shaun
13) TheStalker
14) kyuzo

Legal for neither
15) themagicroundabout (N + N)

--
So Shaun, TheStalker, Kyuzo & themagicroundabout will need to:

As for parents concent, I don't mind you PMing me asking for my mobile number and your parents can call me if they're worried or want to ask questions. Plus, they can call me during the meet up if they wish. But if you don't have parent concent and are under 18...You will not be coming. I just don't want anything to happen and get in trouble. I'm not sure how it was done last time...You can PM me for my address and your parents can send me a letter, or an email...but if it's an email, i'd like to have a phone call as well, emails can be forged...

But for Shaun , TheStalker & Kyuzo, the subject of sleeping the night will have to be agreed upon also before they can.If their guardians/parents don't allow them, then that's it. Gotta go home. Sorry.themagicroundabout has to go home NO QUESTION, at a sensible hour. (Not MY sensible, kagga's). You four must either print off the disclaimer I wrote with your signature.If you MUSt you can Pm it or e-mail me it but i would really like a hard-copy. I believe that you're not stupid enough to flout the law, but it's all about security.

OKAY? Everyone else, you're all old enough to what you like. Pm Kagga for more.

HOTELS (AGAIN...I WISH WE COULD SLEEP ON THE STREET)
Not serious.

This takes effect right from NOW. Could all people PM me if you are staying in a hotel? I don't care if you've said you will in this post, I need to here it again for confirmation. Please don't forget.
The same goes for those trusted people. Obviously, kagga doesn't.
(Cause she's not staying in a hotel...)
The sooner we get this down to a estimate, the quicker we can get these rooms booked. Then we can sit back and relax can't we? Wouldn't you want to relax and know everything is sorted?
I bloody would.

The list starts HERE:

Jack

I can vouch for my own staying in a hotel right?

SORRY

I'd like to apoligise here and now for all the fussy nit-picking concerning the law. My opinion is that it shouldn't have to be necessary. We should just be able to go, have fun and then go home with some great memories. That would be nice. I really, really think that should be the case. However, what you've got to consider is it from our position.
We're members of EoFF. We like it here (edvidentedly) and we would like to meet-up with other members, make new friends and possibly more... However, because the staff here don't get as involved as they could (Most are US based to be fair) we're left to create these meet-ups as members purely. A meet-up for members by members. However, this comes as great risk toward those who start the meet-up and those who lead it because of the society we live in and because of our own lives.
We have our own lives, we have responsibilities, we have dead-lines. We have aspirations. All of this can be cut short because of this. Everyone reads those horror stories about the internet. Also, because we take responsibility, whatever goes wrong comes upon us. We don't wantb this, as neither do you.So all these precautions are in place so we don't get burned, and neither do you.

Because after all, who wants this to be the last one ever? Who would attempt one again if something went wrong, or one of was sued because of something stupid like permission? No one that who.
This is the last apology I'll make because of our apparant Iron Fist.Tolerate the worrying, it'll make things better for you.

P.S- That was directed at no one.

Again, FRIDAY is the day when the hotwl will be decided.
Nervous yet?

(Could we have some more infomation about the Comfort Inn please? Cheers)

Psychotic
03-02-2006, 12:53 AM
I'll probably stay in a hotel, I guess, although it'd just be cheaper for me to go home. :roll:

Baloki cannot stay in a hotel because he is poor and has no money.

But he has been a busy little bee:

"They look the same, but one's hi-res!"

zorander
03-02-2006, 11:40 AM
Right, well, ya all know i'll be staying over. I can do as last time, where i pay the hotel bill by card and people give me cash later in the day, or everyone can just hand over the cash at the desk and pay in 2 pence coins!

That t-shirt design looks good. Are we gonna use that one? Ya? Good. I'll just pop down to the local printers and have a couplple dozzen of em' made up. 7 small, 7 medium, 7 large, 3 extra large should do it.
I'm gonna call the other "In charge guys" during the week to talk about all this, as it'll be alot clerer to get details sorted if i cn speek 1-2-1 with someone rather than go back n' forth over the thread.

zorander
03-02-2006, 07:30 PM
I know i'm doubble posting, but i thought i'd just mention that i met up with Amra today and we had Sex on the beach. Mmmmmmmmm yummy!

EDIT - Hey this is Amra, not Zor, just to clear that up. Why cant Baloki come? Rubbish exscuse about being poor! Baloki could pay Zorander back later maybe? It'd be so cool if Baloki could stay, not saying it'd be boring without him but it'd be fun if he could stay.

Psychotic
03-03-2006, 02:27 AM
He IS coming at least (Baloki, that is) but he claims he is going without food for 5 days in order to do so. :p

And hey, no need to reassure any doubt from me. I'm staying. But maybe I'll book a penthouse suite for me and me alone with my fabulous riches! (Please someone believe me.)

Jack
03-03-2006, 02:33 AM
Hmmmm.
If I show you my boobs can I stay in your Penthouse? It's just that I kinda find it attractive when a "rich" "man" comes to Birminham whos just "wild". Hell, Dumb Bessie (4th corner by Bim's Kebab shop) says you're "Psychotic".

Make me Paul.

Elite Lord Sigma
03-03-2006, 03:39 AM
So, let me get this straight. You cannot stay the night at Birmingham unless you are 17 or older, correct?

amratis
03-03-2006, 06:19 PM
Correct :D

After the sex on the beach we had pina colada, then double vodka red bull. These are all pitchers you understand :D But I drunk lotsa water so I was fine.

On that subject, I think perhaps we shouldnt actually go out on the town in Birmingham. Because if the 17 year old ppl do decide to stay the night, the people who did want to go out....well, we cant possibly go out and just leave them. We dont have to out to have a good time, and no that is NOT dodgy comment.
We are bringing some ps2's. Isnt there some board thing that lets you have 4 controllers on the ps2? I've never done it so I dont know the details. methinks I may bring my time splitters 3. And if ppl do actually want a drink, the over 18's could go and buy their own.

Flying Mullet
03-03-2006, 06:23 PM
I'm expecting lots of awesome pictures again. :chef:

amratis
03-03-2006, 06:25 PM
Well I'm definetly bringing a camera this time. I was so annoyed that I forgot last time. I'm sure most of the others will too.

Iceglow
03-03-2006, 09:37 PM
T-Shirts If we're getting T-shirts then make mine a Small and Kitten'll have a Extra Small (or a small if not available in XS)

Flying Mullet
03-03-2006, 09:42 PM
What's the fun in that. You need to buy XL t-shirts and stuff pillows in them and act pregnant.

Iceglow
03-03-2006, 09:51 PM
hmm maybe it would be fun mullet but somehow I see if my family up north saw me doing that they'd never let me live it down. I'll stick with my size S

Carl the Llama
03-03-2006, 11:49 PM
sorry for the lack of activity lately but iv had a lot of bussiness at work and been to tired to do anything when I got back, anyways im a definate definate for the hotel and if anyone has a problem with money im sure I could help them out, as my only expenditure is £75 a week for rent which leaves me with 150 every week, (which I will be saveing up for the trip (oh and my BB phone bill obviously)) and I will be bringing Soul Caliber II (I dont have III... yet) oh and to the leaders could you pm me your phone numbers, it would be a great help, thanks.

EDIT: and I wouldnt mind if your abreviated my name to KDWAH =)
EDIT EDIT: I will hopefully be bringing my dad's digital camcorder so not only will we be haveing photo's but an EOFF MEETUP MOVIE!!!

PhantomXD
03-04-2006, 10:01 PM
Hey guys I really want to come on this meet it will be my first time of anything like this so I’m sure its going to be pretty interesting.

Ok a few issues:
1. Yes I am 18 (no comments please).
2. I don’t know if I’m the only one but I’m from Launceston (Cornwall) so to Birmingham that’s about 500 miles! If any body else from the southwest is suffering from this problem PM me and we can work some transport out the more the cheaper XD.
3. When is this happening because I really don’t want to trawl through the last 8 pages to find out.

amratis
03-05-2006, 04:27 PM
*sigh* Someone else who doesnt want to trawl through the pages, it really isnt that bad you know.
Its on the 15th of April.

And I'm from the south-west, I'm coming from Dorset however, which isnt as far as you and very probably would have different connections.

PhantomXD
03-05-2006, 09:40 PM
Thats about 50 miles form me how are you getting there?

Gh["]sT
03-05-2006, 10:04 PM
where is it being held i will go if it anit to far from blackpool:D

Psychotic
03-05-2006, 10:10 PM
Birmingham. I don't think that's too far from Blackpool. By the way, interesting sig you have there, cloud_vivi!

Shauna
03-05-2006, 10:11 PM
where is it being held i will go if it anit to far from blackpool:D

...:eep:

Have you even looked at the first post?

Jack
03-06-2006, 12:42 AM
I go out at the weekend and everything is upside down. Why if there were not young ears here, I would swear with some profanity!

NEWCOMERS
Hi! Hello! It's nice that with a thread that's been running for some time that people can suddenly see it and think "Hey that's not too bad". But I do not enjoy the lack of reading. I seem to note that it's only a couple of posts up where I say everything important.
But again for lazy people.

-It's in BIRMINGHAM, ENGLAND
-It's on a SATURDAY 15th April 2006
-We'll meet-up in NEW STREET STATION, BIRMINGHAM in the MORNING. No specific trime. Aim for 10am if possible.

I refuse to repeat anymore than that. if you're really interested, read backwards. Read my posts cause I generally specify details.

Anything else, I refuse to repeat. Far too late to care.

Can somebody help out the person coming from Cornwall? I'm not to knowledgable on transport...Just trains!
Blackpool is not toooooo far, but not exactly a walk in the park.

For both, can I find out if you';re coming and/or staying the night soon? Sorry for rushing you (i know you're new to this meet-up) but it would be a great help-out to me and the other leaders.

GOING OUT

On that subject, I think perhaps we shouldnt actually go out on the town in Birmingham. Because if the 17 year old ppl do decide to stay the night, the people who did want to go out....well, we cant possibly go out and just leave them. We dont have to out to have a good time, and no that is NOT dodgy comment.

Good point. I don't think we HAVE to go out anywere. However, it's up to people on the day really. I mean, if you are a real clubber and you've never been Birmingham before, it'll be unfair really to stop 'em? I think that if you want to go out, go out and I may look at some places before I go out (I don't know many).it's a really a question of preference and funds, and I'd hate to force people to do what they didn't really want to do. amra, if you stay in, fully behind it.
My opinion is based on if I've had to work that day/money/majority.
Captains go down with their ship.
Although I did once meet a Captain who just went down... :D

IF I GET ONE MORE QUESTION CONCERNING AGE AND THE HOTEL THING I WILL MURDER THE CAST OF CATS
Just watched Team America :D
"I tried to leave but Rumpleteezer held me down..."

-If you ARE 17 and you wish to stay the night in Birmingham, then we (as meet-up organisers) DEMAND that you inform your parents of your intentions BEFORE. As well as this, we say that when appropiate (if possible) you CALL your parents/guardians during the meet-up to confirm this. Because you are not legally responsible for yourself, we must make sure that those who are allow your prescence here. I understand that in some cases you would rather they did not know you were out. That's okay. Just say you're out with some friends (I did). They may have to talk with one of us, just to be sure you're not just saying.

18yr olds can do what they like. Except invite me in for "coffee"
I'm a peppermint tea man (Surely a contradiction in terms? :))

HOTEL PEOPLE
Jack
Psychotic
zorander
zorander's housemate
zorander's friend
amratis
Russielloyd
Lasuria
kitten (Don't count toward group cost...They're getting their own)
KDWAH (As he'd like to be known)

THE HOTEL ITSELF
I KNOW I said that we'd agree but i've been so busy with my clubbing fun...

...(Look, I'm 18 and women demand my presence with them. Who am I to refuse? :tongue: Note to all: Gay clubs are ALWAYS more fun. It avoids under-agers all sneaking in and especially avoids violent chavs who think you're looking at their girlfriend. Those plus points are very good. If we go out in Birmingham, I might find the nearest one and go on my own if so be it. :))

I said to zorander that it's the Holiday inn but i've heard some murmers of the City inn. I like the City Inn but has anyone actually checked how far it is out of the City centre? I think it's a mile, and doesn't have any great landmarks near it. Last time, it was easy to find cause it was on the high sttreet but since we've agreed to not pay for that ease, we're stuck between these two.
Sadly, it doesn't matter really cause it's whichever is better for the numbers we get staying the night.

Lasuria, I'm forewarding you PM to zorander since he's paying for the hotel (which will include yours as well) It's probably best to sort out cash with him.

Lastly, I'd like to thank zorander for being a great help. He's kinda had quite a lot of responsiblities on him despite being a instigator of this meet-up and he's done great. Thank you very much.

TheStalker
03-06-2006, 10:28 AM
I apologise for not replying sooner though I have been away at the weekend and without Internet connection.

In a short, less stressful, less venting way to say it, I will not be able to stay over at the hotel at this meet-up.
Though I still oughta be coming to the actual meet itself.

Again I apologise for the later than asked post.

Shaun
03-06-2006, 11:36 AM
Final Fantasy Forum People Don't Go Clubbing? (http://www.eyesonff.com/members/album/UK2005)

I just see some members writing out "BoB SUX" (or something) with fries and stuff. :D Nothing about clubbing, it seems. Oh well. And yes, I did go to pages two, three and four.

zorander
03-06-2006, 11:41 AM
You love me, you realy love me!!

Eh',ok, now that the emotional bit is done and dusted, all seems fine.
I just want to make sure that the names for the hotel and the location are final as i'd like to book the rooms in the next coupple o' days.
So it's 7 people for the night at the Holiday inn? Someone get back to me with confirmation and a contact number or web address for the hotel, plus i want to make sure i have the contact numbers of all those staying the night... So i just need Russielloyd, Lasuria & kitten. If anyone else want's to send me their numbers, feel free, i'm sure they'll come in hany.

Jack
03-06-2006, 01:37 PM
I'm posting during the day for once. Clearly, I've discovered free time when the sun is up. I am God.

CLUBS?

I just see some members writing out "BoB SUX" (or something) with fries and stuff. :D Nothing about clubbing, it seems. Oh well. And yes, I did go to pages two, three and four.

http://www.eyesonff.com/members/album/photos/UK2005/ukmeet24.jpg

Unless my eyes decieve me, that's boris no no and zorander struting they're stuff in a Birmingham Night Club.

BOOKING
Hold off until FRIDAY zorander. I'll go PM-ing around and see what I can rustle up. Plus, if people have been away, they might miss out. But as it stands, these people are getting beds. HAHAHA
If only these 7 come, we could only get 2 rooms and save money. But I bag the bed and as such am the real winner. :)

THESTALKER
That's okay, I wouldn't worry about it.
The only reason I got away with it last time was because I surprised her WHILE I was already in Birmingham. And also cause she likes me also (It helps that I've never let her down)/ I wouldn't worry.

MY LOVE FOR ZORANDER
There are no words to truly encpasulate my feelings and emotions for this man. :love: I even think the word LOVE is not enough to truly express and confirm the depth and breadth of passion I hold inside my still, beating heart for zorander.

Sorry Psy.