PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Emulator??? Help?

MateriaBladeVII
02-01-2006, 10:35 PM
Hey guys- I can't bring my PS2 with me to work and class and such so I'm just wondering if ya'll know of any good PS2 Emulators to put on my comp?

I want something that can allow me to play Kingdom Hearts on my laptop. (I have the disc.)

Also- could anyone provide me with a walkthrough of how to go about installing it? I have a Pentium 4 processor on my laptop, I believe, if that helps. :)

Shoeberto
02-01-2006, 10:46 PM
There are no PS2 emulators that can emulate the system properly nor are current age computers fast enough to do so anyway.

MateriaBladeVII
02-02-2006, 12:05 AM
Well, this site I've found says it can simulate it. PCSX2? Ever tried it?

Captain Maxx Power
02-02-2006, 12:33 AM
There are no PS2 emulators that can emulate the system properly nor are current age computers fast enough to do so anyway.

Current Age computers ARE fast enough to emulate them. What they lack is the subsequent dedicated processing time in order to do so. Your average PS2 only has to deal with running the game and any internal graphics. A computer has to deal with it's OS, IRQs, or any other number of acronyms. They also haven't yet created adequate emulation coding for the PS2. Gawd, if PCs were lagging behind PS2's in terms of technology in this day and age then we'd be so far behind the current console market people just wouldn't make PC games.

Mirage
02-02-2006, 01:17 PM
The computers have enough power to run PS2 games, sure. But emulating a system takes a lot of resources. No way you could run zsnes on a 386, even though the SNES has a 16 MHz cpu.

Shaun
02-02-2006, 02:02 PM
Here. Try this:

http://www.world-import.com/ps2.jpg

Shoeberto
02-02-2006, 02:20 PM
Current Age computers ARE fast enough to emulate them. What they lack is the subsequent dedicated processing time in order to do so. Your average PS2 only has to deal with running the game and any internal graphics. A computer has to deal with it's OS, IRQs, or any other number of acronyms. They also haven't yet created adequate emulation coding for the PS2. Gawd, if PCs were lagging behind PS2's in terms of technology in this day and age then we'd be so far behind the current console market people just wouldn't make PC games.
I didn't mean that PCs didn't match the processing power of the PS2. That'd be stupid. Emulation code takes much more processing power, though. So yes, the emulation code hasn't become streamlined enough, you could say. But it's more like our machines aren't powerful enough to run the emulation code in its current state :P

Samuraid
02-02-2006, 05:27 PM
pcsx2 is getting close, but still requires a very fast machine to get any sort of performance.

MateriaBladeVII
02-02-2006, 08:48 PM
Alright- well are there any regular PlayStation emulators out there that work well? Can anyone direct me to their site?

edczxcvbnm
02-02-2006, 08:52 PM
epsxe is a good one. Look it up on a search engine.

Mirage
02-02-2006, 09:28 PM
http://www.epsxe.com/
It's a good one. Remember that you still need to get a BIOS yourself. This is because it is not illegal to create a system that emulates a PS1, but it is illegal to copy the BIOS, because it is copyrighted.

MateriaBladeVII
02-02-2006, 09:31 PM
What is a BIOS? How do I go about getting one?

Lost Number
02-02-2006, 09:32 PM
They are illegal.
Use 1001.

Dreddz
02-02-2006, 09:34 PM
PS2 Emulators are horrible, end of.
And I wont help you if your planning to take it class, your the future, treasure your education !

MateriaBladeVII
02-02-2006, 09:55 PM
Wait- what? 1001? I'm confused...

And are you kidding me? My education is number one on my list of importance! I just want a damn portable PS console or... possibly, when they come out with a PS2 emulator, a portable PS2.

And don't go saying buy a PSP, I already own one. I wanna play my PS games on my laptop. So can anyone help me get this BIOS, whatever it is. Illegal or not- I already own a PlayStation and a PlayStation 2- so why should it matter that I wanna emulate it on my comp?

Lost Number
02-02-2006, 09:56 PM
The bios can be found. Google 1001 and BIOS. I have done it, it works. However, you will need good plugins.

MateriaBladeVII
02-02-2006, 10:01 PM
...good plug-ins...

and the list keeps going on. lol. what do you use?

Lost Number
02-02-2006, 10:03 PM
WORK IT OUT, MAN!
Google is for a reason!