PDA

View Full Version : your own game

Lynx
02-02-2006, 03:36 AM
has anyone ever written a story for a game? i dont mean actually sold the idea or anything but thought up your own characters and everything and made a story.

ive been writeing one for awhile. i started years ago but completely through away all my old ideas and started new not long ago. ive drawn all my characters too its a fun thing to do in your spare time.

rubah
02-02-2006, 03:39 AM
Sure. Refer to my previous signature.

Rengori
02-02-2006, 03:42 AM
If by "write a stroy" you mean "come up with ideas for a Megaman X/FFVI fangame" then yes, I have.

YunaGirl05
02-02-2006, 03:45 AM
I never really wrote anything down but me and my friends thought of this awesome videogame to make were zombies attack our town we planned that out for a while it was inseresting

Meat Puppet
02-02-2006, 03:45 AM
Spaz monkey in space!

Lynx
02-02-2006, 04:07 AM
mine is supposed to be played as an RPG a lot like final fantasy. the time frame of it is wierd they have castles live in castles but still have cars guns motorcycles. ive got like 10 pages written. and ive found its hard to create a story with no main character like ff6. i like haveing no main character gives you a lot more freedom in the game.

Shoeberto
02-02-2006, 04:26 AM
Like twenty hojillion. A lot of them were less "hay I wanna write a game story" and more "hay what would be cool and possible with my skill in programming?"

Nothing was, of course, but I had some supah cool game ideas that came through it.

NeoCracker
02-02-2006, 04:55 AM
I've thought of a lot of games. I think they are awsome Ideas, and pretty original. Maybe not the most original, but good consepts. Except I'm horrible with comign up with Physical design of some characters, so in My head I saw a showdown of Millon of FF and Jr. Of Xenosaga. Good fight right there.

mooglebunni608
02-02-2006, 06:03 AM
i'm still working on writing.....
Ive drawn all the female characters but i can't draw guys xD

Noj_R
02-02-2006, 06:54 AM
I wanted to make a game so bad when I was little. But I didnt know how, so I wrote a 500 page Mario choose your own adventure book instead. :D

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-02-2006, 06:58 AM
A friend of mine and I might whip up a game that takes place in the world Ganalath the Extraordinary does at some point, using an RPG maker toolkit. It'll be all spritey, but it should be good.

Noj_R
02-02-2006, 07:16 AM
A friend of mine and I might whip up a game that takes place in the world Ganalath the Extraordinary does at some point, using an RPG maker toolkit. It'll be all spritey, but it should be good.

Have you checked out the RPG maker at www.RPGtoolkit.com?

I have used it before. It uses its own language, RPG code which makes it incredibaly easy and versatile to use. It has everything. Best thing is ANYONE can download this thing and make a game. There is a huge community there to help too, thats a big plus also. :)

Markus. D
02-02-2006, 10:26 AM
I am using RPG Maker XP edition.

its spiffy.

Shaun
02-02-2006, 11:42 AM
I'm planning a story for an RPG I intend to make, which could possibly expand into a Final Fantasy game (but I'd need Square to give me permission first). It might possibly be a 3D RPG...

Lynx
02-02-2006, 11:31 PM
i thought about doing the whole hopeing it would span into a final fantasy thing. but then i realized chances are they wouldnt buy the idea so i decided to come up with everything on my own. so far hardest part is names for towns and people. i have to many towns in my game that are called ?????? same with character names.

Levian
02-03-2006, 12:04 AM
I'm working on a game called Finel Fantasy X. It has nothing to do with Final Fantasy X, though. Notice the E in Finel.