PDA

View Full Version : X-MEN 3, OH SNAP!!

Lychon
02-02-2006, 05:29 AM
Who's excited about this movie? I'm about to hurl myself skywards if I don't see this soon!!

Can't wait to find out if Apocalypse is in this film. I'm picturing that maybe he shows up in shadow at the very end, and half the theater goes "OH, SNAP!!!!!!"

L O L

The Devourer Of Worlds
02-02-2006, 05:33 AM
Kelsey Grammer is going to play The beast. You would have to be mad not to see this movie.

Lychon
02-02-2006, 05:37 AM
Fo sho...Mystique rocks too!! I love the actress who portrays her...and Gambit is coming too, supposedly, SNAP!! Here I go, I'm hurling skywards!

The Devourer Of Worlds
02-02-2006, 05:39 AM
No actually, it has been stated that Gambit is not going to appear in this movie to any significant degree.

There may be a cameo or something, but that's it.

Alixsar
02-02-2006, 05:46 AM
Still pissed about no Gambit, but it looks good. I'm actually more excited about the spin-off Wolverine movie that's supposed to be made after X3, because there's a chance that Deadpool will be in it, since he crosses pathes with Wolverine many times. And Deadpool is AWESOME.

Lychon
02-02-2006, 05:58 AM
No actually, it has been stated that Gambit is not going to appear in this movie to any significant degree.

There may be a cameo or something, but that's it.

From UpcomingMovies.com: (3/24/05) The three X-Men that are now confirmed as appearing in this movie as new characters in some capacity are Angel, The Beast (who will be played by a new actor) and Gambit.

So, we'll have to wait and see.

The Devourer Of Worlds
02-02-2006, 06:01 AM
http://www.thexverse.com/news/0125.shtml

Today, Ralph Winter (one of the film's producers) confirmed to The Xverse that there is no appearance by Gambit in X-Men 3 -- but that it might be included in "the next one"

Del Murder
02-02-2006, 06:04 AM
I am very psyched about this movie. No Gambit, but whatever, too many cooks spoil the broth. I just hope they don't do something stupid like kill Xavier or Magneto.

Samuraid
02-02-2006, 06:15 AM
I liked the first 2 movies...I hope this one follows suit.

-N-
02-02-2006, 07:02 AM
I'd actually like to see someone hurl themselves skywards.

No Gambit, no dice. I can wait.

Loony BoB
02-02-2006, 04:12 PM
I'm not surprised about the lack of Gambit, purely for story reasoning. I just don't picture him coming into the team until 1) Rogue is a fair bit older,

I personally look forward to the movie that Gambit does come out in, though, as well as Mr. Sinister. I don't know why, but I always thought he was pretty cool.

SammieBabe
02-02-2006, 04:30 PM
I'm stoked because somewhere soon Phoenix is coming!!! Yay!!! :D

Loony BoB
02-02-2006, 04:34 PM
The whole Phoenix ordeal always bugged me. They should have delayed that for a much, much longer time, in my opinion. But hey, I guess that's show business... Phoenix just always struck me as the point where X-Men decided that they needed to throw something into the mix to make things a little different, so having that happen right at the start of the movies is pretty terrible to watch for someone like me.

a nirvana fan
02-02-2006, 04:48 PM
Well I enjoyed watching X-MEN 1, but didn't really like the 2nd one, so I hope this will be a lot better than the 2nd one.

Raistlin
02-02-2006, 04:53 PM
X-Men has been the most consistently good superhero movie series. X-Men 3 should be great.

Vyk
02-02-2006, 05:38 PM
Those bastards. Releasing the teaser 5 months ahead of the release date. When I first saw it I watched it like 5 times in a row. I'm fairly stoked. Though I've heard Scott gets his screen time cut way down. Something like 20 minutes. So there's rumors abuzz that he might kick the bucket (putting it in stone that this is a totally different universe than any other X-Men series). As I've said in the other thread, the thing that really bothers me is supposedly this won't even really focus on the Phoenix, even though that's the whole reason to X-2's ending. It's supposed to take a lot of time to flesh out Wolverine more (though things may have changed during filming). And then Wolverine is getting his own spin-off movie. I know he's the most popular character, but jeeze. And this Wolverine isn't really even portraying the one we know and love. So it hardly even matters. But oh well. Oh and before someone jumps on it. I'll notify this thread too. Magneto is also getting his own spin-off.

This was supposed to be the final X movie. Guess things changed during production there too. So I'll have to wait and see how much of the pre-production announcements I've heard actually came to light. Now I'm going to go watch the teaser... again.

Death Penalty
02-02-2006, 06:28 PM
The real problem is there will be no nightcrawler.:cry:
I want the X man but he wont appear for a bout 5 years after this movie.

Vyk
02-02-2006, 07:17 PM
Depending on which universe they decide to imitate more (if they even go that far) there may never be an X-Man. It could be Cable. Or someone else (there was a third. I forget the name. I think it was a girl...)

Lychon
02-02-2006, 07:23 PM
One word: JUGGERNAUT AND APOCALYPSE. Ok, 3 words. Can't wait for that...here I go Neel, I'm hurling myself skywards....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!(voice drowns out, reaches stratosphere, chats with Zeus, smokes some cloud-grass, hurls back to Earth).

Death Penalty
02-02-2006, 07:39 PM
Depending on which universe they decide to imitate more (if they even go that far) there may never be an X-Man. It could be Cable. Or someone else (there was a third. I forget the name. I think it was a girl...)The girls name was Rachel Summers. If the movie brings in Apocalypse then the Xman will exist.

Vyk
02-02-2006, 07:59 PM
Not necissarily. Its still just one possible outcome. The X-Man was part of a future setting (granted, so are the movies) but the X-Men themselves fought Apocalypse in both comic and cartoon form before Scott and Jean were even married in certain universes. They can pull from a plethora of inspirations. Plus its their own universe so they don't have to abide by anything. But they could still pull from an inspiration on Cable's future. Or there's always the future where Wolverine ended up with Jean (when she had short spikey hair)

Death Penalty
02-02-2006, 09:10 PM
But in every universe Apocalypse is alive ther is either a cable or Xman or Rachel Summers. I just hope they choose the most kick ass one. The Xman :cool:

Vyk
02-02-2006, 10:16 PM
I'll agree on that. He was bad-ass. Mr Sinister's obsession was born on that possibility. Guess he was right.

Chris
02-02-2006, 10:18 PM
I've been waiting for so long for this movie. What a gap between the 2nd and the 3rd movie.

Skarr
02-02-2006, 10:27 PM
It should be a good movie. Can't wait till it comes out.

Chibi Angel
02-02-2006, 10:30 PM
I personally look forward to the movie that Gambit does come out in, though, as well as Mr. Sinister. I don't know why, but I always thought he was pretty cool.

Gambit was always my favorite character in the cartoons series. I can't wait for this movie to come out I've been waiting a long time.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
02-03-2006, 12:40 AM
Josh Holloway (sawyer from lost) was tipped to play gambit in this movie but i guess he couldnt do it because of Lost lol. This isnt the last Xmen movie btw they say that in the context of this tying up any loose threads or relationships established from the first two movies!

Nevertheless this movie is titled Xmen 3: The last Stand

Very excited about this movie i dont know who could handle

-N-
02-03-2006, 01:28 AM
One word: JUGGERNAUT AND APOCALYPSE. Ok, 3 words. Can't wait for that...here I go Neel, I'm hurling myself skywards....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!(voice drowns out, reaches stratosphere, chats with Zeus, smokes some cloud-grass, hurls back to Earth).Cloud grass, eh? Bring me back some. ;]

theundeadhero
02-03-2006, 01:39 AM
Apocalypse has always been my favorite villian. It will be intersting to see how the movie portrays him. I've never much liked Cyclop's good boy scout personality so I don't mind much that he's falling short. I would have liked to see Gambit, but seeing as how long a wait we had just to get the first X-MEN movie it's no big deal.

Del Murder
02-03-2006, 03:09 AM
The whole Phoenix ordeal always bugged me. They should have delayed that for a much, much longer time, in my opinion. But hey, I guess that's show business... Phoenix just always struck me as the point where X-Men decided that they needed to throw something into the mix to make things a little different, so having that happen right at the start of the movies is pretty terrible to watch for someone like me.
How many movies do you expect there to be? 10? There will be four or five tops. If they want to do Phoenix they better do it now while the series is hot.

I think a plot with Sinister would be good. I always found him intriguing. But I don't think any of the more detailed comic plots will ever be included. Some things are just too complicated to do for a two hour movie.

BatChao
02-03-2006, 03:42 AM
You know what's bothering me? The fact that Psylocke is gonna be in the Brotherhood in X3... that is just whack! She's been an X-man almost her entire career! That is just retarded.

Other than that, the movie looks HOT!

Vyk
02-03-2006, 03:45 AM
I haven't heard or seen anything about that o_o

Loony BoB
02-03-2006, 09:58 AM
How many movies do you expect there to be? 10? There will be four or five tops. If they want to do Phoenix they better do it now while the series is hot.

I think a plot with Sinister would be good. I always found him intriguing. But I don't think any of the more detailed comic plots will ever be included. Some things are just too complicated to do for a two hour movie.
I think that as long as they become box office hits, they'll make more. That's how the industry works, right?

As for Phoenix, if there were only five movies I'd rather they do her in the last movie, but oh well. I never liked Phoenix because I always hated the fact that she was so powerful. I enjoy having a bunch of people putting their skills together, on both good and bad sides, rather than having this superpower coming in to play.

Del Murder
02-03-2006, 05:47 PM
I think that as long as they become box office hits, they'll make more. That's how the industry works, right?

Eventually the actors get tired of playing those roles so they stop making them. Unless, of course, this was Batman, where for some reason it is a revolving door.

I can't think of any good movie franchise that lasted more than 5 pictures. And Rocky V sucked.

Captain Maxx Power
02-04-2006, 12:13 AM
Wolverine wins. Ergo this movie will also win. I am so stoked.

DeathKnight
02-08-2006, 04:31 PM
There's no Gambit...this movie sucks ASS:irked:

and everyone knows why the producer (wolverine) doesn't want Gambit in the movie, he'll be way more wicked than Wolverine and would steal his spotlight:choc2:

There aren't enough X-men characters.........

where's Jubelee???..........and where's Rogue??? Bishop??? and others:eep:

Setzer Gabianni
02-08-2006, 04:35 PM
Rogue was in the first two movies, let some of the others have their time out in the spotlight!

The Devourer Of Worlds
02-08-2006, 04:36 PM
Jubelee is in the movie, as far as I know.

DeathKnight
02-08-2006, 04:42 PM
Jubelee is in the movie, as far as I know.

she is???:mog: NOW I'm gonna watch the movie:D ..........but damn STILL no Gambit........................................

and I didn't see Rogue in the first 2 movies, I watched some of the 2nd movie and sincerely didn't see her...............hmmm can anyone else confirm this for me???:choc2:

Zell's Fists of Fury
02-08-2006, 05:14 PM
Dude. Rogue was the whole point of the first movie. And she was all over the second one. How could you not see her?

The Devourer Of Worlds
02-08-2006, 05:18 PM
To be far, there is a world of difference between the movie Rogue and the comic Rogue. Even so, you couldn’t have been paying ANY attention if you didn’t hear them say her name during not one but TWO movies…

DeathKnight
02-08-2006, 05:25 PM
To be far, there is a world of difference between the movie Rogue and the comic Rogue. Even so, you couldn’t have been paying ANY attention if you didn’t hear them say her name during not one but TWO movies…

lol I didn't like the first two movies, I didn't even cared for them, they fucked up cyclops(from a TALL army looking guy in the comic/tv series to a skinny short white boy) so I didn't really care much 'bout the movie.

and yeah I only watched HALF of the 2nd movie, so it's not my fault they COMPLETELY overhauled Rogue:confused: :eep:

The Devourer Of Worlds
02-08-2006, 05:31 PM
Even if they did change Rogue (the main differences were she was younger and couldn’t fly) and even if you didn’t like the first movie, it would have been very, very had for anyone to not notice her. As someone pointed out, she was the focus of the plot.

I’m beginning to get the feeling that you didn’t watch the first movie at all…

Vyk
02-08-2006, 05:38 PM
Dude everyone looks like an army guy in comics. You'd have to get an insane body builder to match the depictions in comics. I think you might be the only Cyclopse fan I know though. Everyone else I know likes that they depicted him in the movies as the wussy punk he really is :D

And Rogue is the main character of the fist movie. But she doesn't get that white splotch in her hair until the end. And Jubilee was removed as a character (she had a short cameo that was cut from the first movie) and her biography or whatever (persona?) was spliced with Rogue (teenage girl, becomes rather fond of Wolverine?) The Rogue we know who's an adult and can fly and is nigh invincible doesn't exist in the movie's universe. But she sticks with Wolverine through most of the second movie too. I wouldn't consider her overhauled though. She's toned way down (power-wise) from the comics (where she winded up having Ms Marvel's powers AND Thor's)

Raistlin
02-08-2006, 06:15 PM
I could see why they wouldn't want Rogue to fly and have super strength. That is a bit overpowered.

The movie Rogue is basically Jubilee with Rogue's powers, though not nearly as annoying and actually has a usable power.

Lychon
02-08-2006, 06:25 PM
I could see why they wouldn't want Rogue to fly and have super strength. That is a bit overpowered.

The movie Rogue is basically Jubilee with Rogue's powers, though not nearly as annoying and actually has a usable power.

Oh, come on! Jubilee rocks! Best X-Men ever!
Seriously though, Jubilee isn't that powerful but I like her personality and involvement in the whole X-Men story.

DeathKnight
02-08-2006, 06:47 PM
Even if they did change Rogue (the main differences were she was younger and couldn’t fly) and even if you didn’t like the first movie, it would have been very, very had for anyone to not notice her. As someone pointed out, she was the focus of the plot.

I’m beginning to get the feeling that you didn’t watch the first movie at all…

I said I watched half of the SECOND movie, and it was so long ago, you think I really care 'bout such a crappy movie?????

LET IT BE CLEAR, I watched HALF of X-2

The Devourer Of Worlds
02-09-2006, 02:16 AM
So, you're saying that you haven't seen any of the first movie at all? I guess that makes more sense then. Although it's kind of odd to comment on what characters were and weren't in the movie if you don't really know...

DeathKnight
02-09-2006, 02:31 AM
So, you're saying that you haven't seen any of the first movie at all? I guess that makes more sense then. Although it's kind of odd to comment on what characters were and weren't in the movie if you don't really know...

:laugh: you don't seem to read the earlier posts I make:twak: I was more pissed off at the fact that Gambit's not there. And yes I did mention Rogue, but whatever. I was more interested in seeing Jubilee, Gambit, Sabertooth, Juggernut, and others in the movie:choc2:

Zell's Fists of Fury
02-09-2006, 07:51 AM
I said I watched half of the SECOND movie, and it was so long ago, you think I really care 'bout such a crappy movie?????

LET IT BE CLEAR, I watched HALF of X-2
Doesn't matter. SHe was all over that half too. ANd I don't even know which half it was.

Death Penalty
02-09-2006, 07:55 AM
The prob is he sound like he just doesnt have an appreciation for the Xmen outside of the saturday cartoon show that used to come on.

BatChao
02-09-2006, 08:11 AM
Dude, I am a Cyclops fan. I like him because he's all on the straight and narrow. I think he looked pretty much how he's supposed to look in the movie: AWESOME. Kinda didn't like how he didn't have much to do in X2...

Jubilee had a short cameo in the both movies (though I can't remember if she was cut from the first one or not... I think she was). In the first movie, she's in a classroom with Storm and she asks a question or something. I think she might also be in the scene where the Prof is teaching the kids in his office. In the second one, she is one of the kids that is captured by Stryker. You see her when Nightcrawler bamfs them out of their cage.

Death Penalty
02-09-2006, 11:03 PM
Cyclops was quite possibly the worst Xmen charachter ever and him having an affair with Emma Frost just left you confused as to who his charachter was.

Shlup
02-09-2006, 11:08 PM
Kelsey Grammer is going to play The beast. You would have to be mad not to see this movie.
Ha, that's actually pretty cool.

HybridFan
02-10-2006, 12:22 AM
Can't wait to see Juggernaut in action he is very very very strong.

Vyk
02-10-2006, 01:03 AM
They'll probably tone him down like they have everyone else

Del Murder
02-10-2006, 03:37 AM
I heard some people complain about the Kelsey Grammer casting. Are they nuts? He will be an awesome Beast. His voice is perfect. The only thing that could go wrong with his character is if the makeup is done bad, but I doubt that, because Mystique's makeup is awesome.

X-3 is my wallpaper. I can't wait for this movie!

Death Penalty
02-12-2006, 04:49 AM
I have seen Kelsey as Beast and I have gotta say the did a good job. Look i=on Wikipedia under beast and they should have the pic.

Zeromus_X
02-12-2006, 05:17 AM
well, beast is a kinda intellectual guy, and grammer fits that. though they'd have to to some CG for his muscles...

i've actually liked the movies so far. (granted, i dont know alot about the comics beyond wikipedia summaries. and picking up random issues to read...:p)

as long as i get to see magneto again...:love: and professor x of course.

Death Penalty
02-12-2006, 05:31 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/ff/Beast3.JPG/150px-Beast3.JPG
a method of removing the powers of a mutant has been discovered, thereby allowing mutants to be "cured" and become normal humans. Alcatraz is also believed to be important to the plot. Jean Grey will return as Phoenix, as hinted by the ending of X2, and will join Magneto's Brotherhood of Mutants.
I got the cast list.
Wolverine / Logan .... Hugh Jackman
Professor Charles Xavier .... Patrick Stewart
Storm / Ororo Munroe .... Halle Berry
Phoenix / Dr. Jean Grey .... Famke Janssen
Cyclops / Scott Summers .... James Marsden
Rogue / Marie .... Anna Paquin
Iceman / Robert "Bobby" Drake .... Shawn Ashmore
Colossus / Piotr "Peter" Rasputin .... Daniel Cudmore
Shadowcat / Katherine "Kitty" Pryde .... Ellen Page
Beast / Dr. Henry "Hank" McCoy.... Kelsey Grammer
Angel / Warren Worthington III .... Ben Foster
Jubilee / Jubilation Lee .... Kea Wong
Magneto / Eric Magnus Lehnsherr .... Sir Ian McKellen
Mystique / Raven Darkholme .... Rebecca Romijn
Pyro / John Allerdyce .... Aaron Stanford
Juggernaut / Cain Marko .... Vinnie Jones
Callisto .... Dania Ramirez
Multiple Man / Jamie Madrox .... Eric Dane
Psylocke / Elizabeth "Betsy" Braddock .... Meiling Melançon
Arclight / Philippa Sontag .... Omahyra Mota
Dr. Moira MacTaggert .... Olivia Williams
Dr. Kavita Rao .... Shohreh Aghdashloo
Warren Worthington, Sr. .... Michael Murphy
Leech .... Cameron Bright
Artie Maddicks .... Bryce Hodgson
Siryn / Theresa Rourke Cassidy .... Shauna Kain
Young Warren .... Cayden Boyd
Young Jean .... Haley Ramm

Del Murder
02-12-2006, 05:44 AM
Young Warren and Young Jean? So a flashback involving Phoenix and Angel? Interesting.

Boy, they sure added a lot of characters!

Death Penalty
02-12-2006, 05:48 AM
I am afraid that they will just have charachters that are normally major but they wont develop them at all like they did with collossus.
Yeah it will be a flashback.

Del Murder
02-12-2006, 05:57 AM
Well the flashback suggests that they will at least develop Angel.

I don't mind cameos by random X-characters. There's way too many to develop them all for a movie.

Death Penalty
02-12-2006, 06:10 AM
I dont mind the cameos but some charachters that should have some characterization like jubilee.

Zell's Fists of Fury
02-12-2006, 08:56 AM
Psylocke!