PDA

View Full Version : Samurai Or Dynasty Warriors?

Spammerman
02-02-2006, 10:08 PM
I started thinking about it and havent come to a conclusion, but which one is better? Samurai Warriors is a good game and has a lot of cool people, like the guy with the musket, and people can also have two story lines, on teh other hand, dynasty warriors has great people that are kick-arse, a lot of levels, and differfent types of dyhnastry warriors like empires or the regular one.

Psychotic
02-02-2006, 10:17 PM
I've never played Samurai Warriors, so it'd be unfair if I were to compare the two. But Dynasty Warriors is a superb game, and even though it might be repetitive, it never gets old. Such a wealth of characters to choose from too, and yet most of them are still very memorable. I love it, and if Samurai Warriors is better than Dynasty Warriors, it must be perfect.

Spammerman
02-02-2006, 10:22 PM
For some reason after i thought of the question, I wstarted thinkning about who would win in a fight, Yukimura Senada or Zhao Yun?

Dreddz
02-02-2006, 10:24 PM
Dynasty Warriors is a series I hate with a passion, well I guess I dont hate the series, but Ive played Dynasty Warriors 3, and found it very, very , very boring.
Samurai Warriors gets my vote..

Behold the Void
02-02-2006, 11:19 PM
While I do enjoy Dynasty Warriors, by and large I enjoyed what they did with Samurai Warriors regarding the skills and such a lot more.

Yuffie514
02-02-2006, 11:22 PM
i only played Dynasty Warriors 4 and although i liked customizing my own character, i really prefer the style and gameplay of Samurai Warriors. i hope there will be a sequel to Samurai Warriors as well.

Crossblades
02-03-2006, 02:22 AM
I love Samurai Warriors. But I want to play Dynasty Warriors though

Mo-Nercy
02-03-2006, 11:52 AM
I was into Romance Of The Three Kingdoms long before I started playing Dynasty Warriors. Sure, Koei butchers a little more of what already is a romanticised history with each passing game but it does end up being more fun. But on the other hand, I'd probably like DW a lot more if it stuck to the book as much as possible. They could at least make it so that SOMEONE dies during the course of the 100+ year period of unending warfare. e.g. Sun Jian dies in Chapter Seven (of 120), dammit! He's not an important character at all!

I've never played Samurai Warriors. But I'm probably too into the Three Kingdoms Era to like it over Dynasty Warriors.

Spammerman
02-03-2006, 01:26 PM
People do die in DW 5. Pang Tong get ambushed and shot with an arrow in the first couple of levels. In wu, sun jian dies early on. Also liu bei and cao cao die. Dian Wei dies at fan castle and Zhuge Liang dies at wu zhang plains, and if you're playing iwht him he dies in his ending movie. Sun Ce dies probably from Yu Jin, also Lu Bu dies and so does dong zhuo, but they always die cause no one cares about them. I think others die as well.

Mo-Nercy
02-03-2006, 03:05 PM
Sun Ce dies probably from Yu Jin
I'm gonna be anal and say that Sun Ce should die from sickness after he kills an innocent magician and ghosts continually haunt him because of it.

Anyway. I might end up getting the add-on version of DW5 if it comes out.

Spammerman
02-04-2006, 05:53 PM
Yu Ji deserves to die, simply because Sun-Ce Kicks butt.

charchar
02-05-2006, 04:06 PM
i say dynasty warriors, because in DW3 ma chao looked a HELL of a lot like kain. and also cause jian wei and wei yan are wicked awesome.