PDA

View Full Version : Missable items suck!

Peter_20
02-03-2006, 12:09 PM
I'm the perfectionist kinda player, and I really like getting everything while playing, and therefore it's a major pain running around and keeping track of every single once-in-an-event-appearing things.
One good example is those things in Dali during the third disc, which in turn require lots of other items that you must get before the event in question.
It's kinda frustrating, I have to keep track of everything from great, selfmade lists, and STILL there's always the risk of missing something, be it a single weapon in some shop or some similar item.
I do see the charm in missable items, but I also think they're very irritating while aiming for a perfect game. :(

Rhi
02-03-2006, 05:38 PM
...you don't need extra items to get into Dali. you just have to check something by the door a few times (like the desk) until the boy does 'zzz...' then check the heater...and there's a mini-brahne up the ladder

Peter_20
02-03-2006, 06:40 PM
Well, yeah, but you need the Coffee Beans in order to get the Mini-Prima Vista. :cool:

Quindiana Jones
02-03-2006, 07:36 PM
I could never get the coffee beans, or the Mayor's Key. Anyone know where they both are? I hear the Mayor's Key takes patience, but there must be a trick to it. And i can never find the last bean. I always have 2/3.

Peter_20
02-03-2006, 09:43 PM
I could never get the coffee beans, or the Mayor's Key. Anyone know where they both are? I hear the Mayor's Key takes patience, but there must be a trick to it. And i can never find the last bean. I always have 2/3.You find the first beans at South Gate close to the Chocobo's Forest, by the spring; the second beans are located in Eiko's kitchen in Madain Sari.

The last one, the Burman Coffee, is pretty tricky:
first go inside the Mayor's room during the Card Tournament in Treno (disc 3) and check the Desk twice (could be thrice), and then the Heather.
Now you'll get the Mayor's Key; use it to open up the door in the windmill, and check the treasure chest outside TWICE, and you'll get the Burman Coffee. :)

I know some parts sound pretty dubious, but this is the way to go. :cool:

RaidenWeb17
02-03-2006, 10:26 PM
To get the last coffee beans, you have to check the desk until the sleeping says "zzzzzz" then check the heater, and thats when you get the mayor's key. then go check the chest outside the windmill twice for a bunch of gil and the coffee

yuno
02-04-2006, 01:34 AM
does the mini-prima vista have any effect on your treasure hunter ranking?you never have it in your item list anyway.well,yeah,i guess you need it for a "perfect" game but i would like to ask anyway.

Quindiana Jones
02-04-2006, 12:20 PM
To get the last coffee beans, you have to check the desk until the sleeping says "zzzzzz" then check the heater, and thats when you get the mayor's key. then go check the chest outside the windmill twice for a bunch of gil and the coffee

Cheers stalkee.

Rhi
02-04-2006, 02:47 PM
the mini prima vista is in the Tantalus hideout in Lindblum. it won't fly on disc 3 but will on disc 4 - it runs on mist.

yuno
02-04-2006, 03:08 PM
the mini prima vista is in the Tantalus hideout in Lindblum. it won't fly on disc 3 but will on disc 4 - it runs on mist.
yes,yes,but does it count in your treasure ranking?

RaidenWeb17
02-04-2006, 03:20 PM
Yes it does, but it wont appear in your key items

xenapan
02-09-2006, 11:42 PM
then theres excaliburII... annoying as all heck to get. not to mention impossible on your first play through.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
02-09-2006, 11:55 PM
WOOHOO MISERABLE ITEMS

oneandonly_sephiroth
02-10-2006, 12:57 AM
yea same here i had some serious problems getting it too it took me nearly 2 days playing it till i got what i needed to get it.:mad2:

RaidenWeb17
02-10-2006, 01:54 AM
You dont need any item to get the Excalibur II, you just need to get the terrace in Memoria (where you fight Lich) and then examine the side in under 12 hours. Yeah, it is impossible.

Rhi
02-10-2006, 01:06 PM
not impossible, incredibly difficult. playonline has a few tips on doing it, but nothing particularly special. i'll han dout the website and keyword for anyone that doesn't have them that wants to look

oneandonly_sephiroth
02-11-2006, 03:44 AM
appreciate it,friend gave me bad info :mad2: (Get rats tail then go the cavern where lich was on the side and pick it up) that makes me happy that ill never have to go through that again.. Thanks alot.. :D