PDA

View Full Version : anyone even like X-2?

daniel kid
02-03-2006, 05:18 PM
anyone even like X-2?
i hate it so i never finished it

Setzer Gabianni
02-03-2006, 05:20 PM
I liked it. Somewhat. Good battle system, some of the story I liked ( New Yevon vs Youth League ). It was stupidly easy in most parts, and that disappointed me.

daniel kid
02-03-2006, 05:28 PM
i didnt like it cos i think it was a chance to get more gals into ff,with the rediscoulous costumes,do they come ith matching bags and accesories?

Fatal Impurity
02-03-2006, 05:38 PM
i thought it ok.....it was ff in some parts but bloody rayearth girliness in other parts....

Lost Number
02-03-2006, 05:46 PM
I liked it. 100% says it all.
Gameplay matters for me.

TheSpoonyBard
02-03-2006, 06:16 PM
I liked it. I actually prefer it to FFX.

Heero Yuy NWZC
02-03-2006, 06:39 PM
i like all FF games. i liked FFX better though.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
02-03-2006, 06:55 PM
I really liked it actually :D

LunarWeaver
02-03-2006, 07:04 PM
Compared to a lot of other games it still comes out looking great, but in the realm of Final Fantasy is isn't much of a contender.

I had fun with it and enjoyed running amok in Spira again, so I was happy enough.

SummonerSteph
02-03-2006, 08:07 PM
i loved it! oh and daniel kid sorry to say this but SHUT UP they dont care about bags and acessories(unless they have upgrades) oh and the costumes were not rediculous!

SummonerSteph, this is a warning. Do not tell anyone here to SHUT UP! ~ Leeza

YTDN
02-03-2006, 08:33 PM
It was OK. The battle system was good, the plot was OK in some parts, band it was and overall OK game

Bad points: It was infuriatingly easy (the only time I died was to get the bad ending),the costimnes were a leetle (lot) too revealing, and the bad guy sucked. AND the sidequests! argghh! I think some of them were designed to drive me INSANE!!!!

TheSpoonyBard
02-03-2006, 08:35 PM
People who complain about the amount of bare skin in this game should take a visit to the Honey Bee Inn or Costa del Sol (both FFVII).

theundeadhero
02-03-2006, 09:14 PM
The battle system is the best in any FF game. I'm on chapter 5.

teaandmachines
02-03-2006, 10:05 PM
FFX2 was really something. Don't know what, though. :-/

daniel kid
02-03-2006, 10:28 PM
what's the word im llooking for er

[!]SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT?[/!]
Fluffy bunnies and rainbows of happiness!

Don't go around the swear filter.

~Void

teaandmachines
02-03-2006, 10:35 PM
Yeah, that's it.

Yet we all made the mistake of buying it thinking, "Wow.. this is gonna be awesome."

And it was awesome, alright. :eep:

Old Manus
02-03-2006, 10:47 PM
People only say they like X-2 because they want to disagree with you

We all know deep within that the game is rubbish

Yuna_wannabe
02-03-2006, 11:04 PM
I loved it more then FF10. I dont know maybe it was because i hated yuna in the first one and focased more on tidus. This one you were able to get to know the girls better and i actually like yuna.

And i am not saying it to disagree with you i actually mean it i liked it better then 10. I thought the costumes were really good. If i were a Dark knight or samuri i would wear the same thing. The Moggle dressphere was pretty ridiculas though. No matter what your gonna say, i still think it was one of the Best Final fantasy games i have played.

AdVincent
02-03-2006, 11:11 PM
It's good as a game. But by Final Fantasy standards, I think it's decent. The constant side questing overshadows the actual story. But when you just rush through the game, you miss out on a lot. And it never got me into the game like X did. Maybe it's because the main character is female and whenever a guy hits on her I don't feel a thing, but when a girl hits on Tidus, it's comepletely different.

Markus. D
02-03-2006, 11:19 PM
People who complain about the amount of bare skin in this game should take a visit to the Honey Bee Inn or Costa del Sol (both FFVII).

or the golden saucer (corneo, also FFVII).

or even monster hunter for the ps2.

theres also Smackdown vs Raw, Rumble Roses, Playboy Mansion..... and theres a tonne wrose offenders.

okay, back on topic, ive mentioned countless times that this is one of my faveorites story and gameplay wise.

Venom
02-03-2006, 11:20 PM
People only say they like X-2 because they want to disagree with you

We all know deep within that the game is rubbish

JackNapier
02-03-2006, 11:22 PM
I actually had to turn my PS2 off at times bcz the game made me feel homosexual, but deep down it had potential.

vampirepiggyhunter7
02-03-2006, 11:24 PM
very fun

Markus. D
02-03-2006, 11:30 PM
I actually had to turn my PS2 off at times bcz the game made me feel homosexual, but deep down it had potential.

Kefka is a drag queen.

LunarWeaver
02-03-2006, 11:38 PM
WHAT'S wrong with being homosexual?!?

Nah I kid not trying to start a whole thing here :D

X-2 is sort of a gay-leaned game by American standards in many ways... Oh wait, is that the only reason I liked it?! Tricked into buying fluffy-pink-products by another company, dang!

JackNapier
02-03-2006, 11:48 PM
Kefka is a drag queen.

True....but he was also EvILe!!....and thats what matters.

Slade
02-04-2006, 04:02 AM
I liked it. Just not as much as the other Final Fantasy titles I played. I'd have to say it had the best battle speed and the battle system was executed well.

Markus. D
02-04-2006, 04:11 AM
True....but he was also EvILe!!....and thats what matters.

*is straying from my point*

DeathKnight
02-04-2006, 04:37 AM
what's the word im llooking for er

[!]SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT?[/!]*snip*

a KID with a HIM icon shouldn't be talking:kaolaugh: :kaolaugh: :kaolaugh: :kaolaugh: :kaolaugh: :kaolaugh: :kaolaugh: :kaolaugh: :kaolaugh: :kaolaugh: :kaolaugh: :kaolaugh:

Do not go around the filter, even if you are quoting. This is a warning. And if you cannot contribute to the thread, do not post. ~ Leeza

Marluxiaswife
02-04-2006, 05:40 AM
I love Final Fantasy X-2 more than any Final Fantasy I mean it!
I have have playing it. :kaocheer:

Renmiri
02-04-2006, 07:20 AM
Compared to a lot of other games it still comes out looking great, but in the realm of Final Fantasy is isn't much of a contender.

I had fun with it and enjoyed running amok in Spira again, so I was happy enough.

I only playrd FFX but I agree with you. The active battle system rocks and it is good, just not on FFX level

Awesomeman
02-04-2006, 07:36 AM
Look, I don't get it. Why do haters post on the game that they hate's forum. Same with all the CC haters. If you hate the game, don't post. It's that simple. I liked it, alot. The battle system was the best and the job system wasn't bad either. The story did need work, but so did VIII's. I liked all FFs including CC. X2 was good.

Rikkugrl12
02-04-2006, 07:49 AM
anyone even like X-2?
i hate it so i never finished it

I,,,,, LOOOVVVVEEE it i can play a thousand times:love:

The Devourer Of Worlds
02-04-2006, 07:56 AM
Look, I don't get it. Why do haters post on the game that they hate's forum. Same with all the CC haters. If you hate the game, don't post. It's that simple. I liked it, alot. The battle system was the best and the job system wasn't bad either. The story did need work, but so did VIII's. I liked all FFs including CC. X2 was good.

The topic here is 'do you like FFX-2'. You have every right to say no.

That isn't to say though, that people who then rant on about how terrible the game is don't come across as idiots.

Awesomeman
02-04-2006, 10:13 AM
Yeah you're right. And to stay on topic, I liked the skill part. You know, when you learn those better skills by doin something...I havn't played this game in awhile.:p

Mr_Moogle
02-04-2006, 10:39 AM
overall X-2 is an excellent game in my opinion. take a look at my reasons:

PROS
- ability system is excellent in my opinion
- dressphere system is good, especially specials.
- Rikku: 'Oh, poopie!' Rikku is one of my fave FF characters!
- many hypellos in X-2. You gotta love hypellos!

CONS
- how many sidequests are there????
- fluffy bunnies and rainbows and ponies and kittens... need i say more? :cat: :monster:
- a bit too easy for my liking

so there you go. X-2 is a pretty good FF but i've seen better. especially with the cheesy ending in X-2.

Yuna_wannabe
02-04-2006, 01:26 PM
I can see whats so bad about it. I reallly loved.

it is girly i can see why any guy would say that it made them feel homosexual.

Fatal Impurity
02-04-2006, 03:18 PM
why would any guy feel homo? i made me feel like i was turning into a transexual....it wasnt long before i was wearing my mothers cloathes......:0

kikimm
02-04-2006, 05:33 PM
I loved the gameplay and everything; that was really really fun, and it made the game exciting.

But it wasn't a good game, in my opinion. The story was crap.

Mark Bailey
02-04-2006, 05:49 PM
i like all FF games. i liked FFX better though.

Hi there my name is Mark I also like Final Fantasy X best of all.
I was a tiddy bit let down on X-2 the fighting system was differnt
but apart from that the game is great!

4evarisha
02-04-2006, 06:35 PM
any1 like me love

a nirvana fan
02-04-2006, 06:45 PM
I personally love this game thank you very much.

Heero Yuy NWZC
02-04-2006, 06:49 PM
any1 like me love

what do you mean?

and Mark, hello and yeah, i agree with you there.

Dreddz
02-04-2006, 06:49 PM
I enjoyed it, I enjoyed the return of the Job system, Story wasnt bad. What I didnt like was the fact that there was little exploration, in the fact that you can go anywhere from the start. The battles didnt amaze me, no strategic battles at all, just mash X and you'll get through them, blah.
FFX would of done better without it, but it fortunately isnt ruined by it though :(

4evarisha
02-05-2006, 01:42 AM
lolo i 4 got

Nebride
02-05-2006, 02:36 AM
Hmm....I don't like it as well as the first one. In fact, I've betten FFX, but I have yet to beat FFX2...I just can't get into it even thought I want to know who that is on the video. All those changing costumes confuse my littlish brain! Makes me want to cry cause I hate to think to much when I play the game. At least the other one was more interesting.

Markus. D
02-05-2006, 03:42 AM
I enjoyed it, I enjoyed the return of the Job system, Story wasnt bad. What I didnt like was the fact that there was little exploration, in the fact that you can go anywhere from the start. The battles didnt amaze me, no strategic battles at all, just mash X and you'll get through them, blah.
FFX would of done better without it, but it fortunately isnt ruined by it though :(

have you explored every nook and cranny there is?

ps: so you could beat the Via Infinito trials just by mashing X, yeah, and my real name is farlene mcfane for donaldsans dane.

Death Penalty
02-06-2006, 06:39 AM
Overall this game belonged in my garbage can but those damn those dmn pixelated vixens kept pulling me in.

DMKA
02-06-2006, 06:48 AM
I really enjoyed it. It was a really fun game.

Cubster
02-06-2006, 07:41 AM
I thought the game was all right and had a good battle and "job/dressphere" system. But what I hated was that the game doesn't allow you to correct mistakes and getting 100% is quite hard (If you make one slip up without knowing it, you're screwed for the rest of the game!) as to force you to replay it. Even just going to a certain area too early or late without any warning could result in losing a hidden item.:mad2:

And I agree with some of you that the game had too many side quests. I prefer games to be linear with some side quests but not a huge amount of them that are meaningless and take a long time to do.:frust:

Either than those cons, the game itself was all right and a different change of pace in the FF universe. Nice Graphics and music, an okay storyline, good gameplay, and I would have to give credit that it was done by a different staff.:thumb:

Mo-Nercy
02-06-2006, 05:31 PM
It's a pretty fun game. I liked the battle system, the dresspheres/GG system, all the little quests Yuna could do and even X-2 Blitzball. :D

Yuna_wannabe
02-06-2006, 10:34 PM
I dont see why there is such i problem i thought it was a really/Pretty good game!

Maite_Sweet_Rebelde
02-07-2006, 01:28 AM
The Game....Was The Best! ;) I Loved It!

Marluxiaswife
02-07-2006, 01:57 AM
The Game....Was The Best! ;) I Loved It!

Ouch!
02-07-2006, 02:01 AM
I enjoyed the fast-paced battle system, even if you ended up mashing attack over and over again. The gameplay was enjoyable. I've always been a huge fan of the battle system, but I wasn't too fond of being able to switch jobs in the middle of the battle. That was another thing that turned me off to FFX-2 as well as FFX. The strategical element of forming a party that functions effectivelyby using combinations of characters based on their job-specific abilities is totally negated when you can switch in a job mid-battle if you need it.

I would say that FFX-2 was a let down, but I hadn't had much faith in it to begin with. The music was absolutely atrocious, for one. It was annoying to the point of major distraction. I found myself putting the television on mute when "plot" wasn't being "developed" through dialog.

Which brings me to my next point: the plot. FFX-2 featured the most half-assed attempt at a plot in the history of numbered Final Fantasy titles. If the vast disappointment that was the plot--or lack thereof--hadn't been enough, it completely ruined FFX's ending. I'll admit, I was never a huge FFX fan. It was an enjoyable game. It had a decent plot. It was fun to play. That was about the extent of it. My favorite part of the whole game was most definitely the ending and FFX-2 shattered everything that made the ending so good.

FFX's ending was a good one. It wasn't happy, but maybe that's why it was as good as it was. Sometimes I get sick of happy endings. When it comes down to it, FFX's ending wasn't all that sad. The best part of the whole thing was the scene after the credits that shows Tidus waking up underwater. I loved the ambiguity that that scene evoked. Did Tidus come back? Or was he just awakening in another dream world (the one that Shiva's fayth promised him when you revisit the temples and go to the fayths' rooms)? Obviously, having a sequel answered this question. Where's the fun in that?

As if that wasn't enough, the multiple endings situation irritated me to no end. Okay, I understand the idea of completing the game to get a better ending, but come on! Some of the side quests you had to do to get 100% completion bugged the hell out of me. On top of that, there was that whole deal of knowing to press the X button at the right time. What's up with that?

Overall, the game was a vast waste of my time. I played through once only because I was hoping for the plot to improve at some point. I was praying that there would be a hint of depth to the game. I play RPGs for a good story. I don't need fabulous gameplay to make me happy. As long as the gameplay doesn't detract from the plot, I'll take just about anything if the plot is good. That's why I play RPGs. When I want a game that's just mindless fun, I'll go play something else. FFX-2's horrible plot doomed the game no matter how much fun the battle system was.