PDA

View Full Version : Soft Reset => Corrupted/Ruined Data Saves?

lionhearted
02-03-2006, 08:53 PM
Today I was playing FF7 - had just gotten to Nibleheim again and had saved outside the town. Went inside and got the basement key - went to get Vincent but chose the wrong answers. Naturally, I used soft reset to try and get back to the save quickly, but when I tried loading the save file it said that the data was ruined.

This has happened to me when I played FF8 as well, after using the soft reset buttons. Im not sure but this may be a side effect of using the soft reset? I say this with no real proof, and Im not saying soft reset is a bad thing but it has happened now 4 times altogether to me.

I would like to make it clear that I used soft resets many times before - my ruined save only occurred today.

This happened to anyone before? Got any ideas how/why it happened? What do you all think?

TheSpoonyBard
02-03-2006, 09:10 PM
Are you using a cheat system of any kind? That might be the cause of it. Then again, it could be your memory card. Is it an official Sony one or is it third-party (e.g. MadCatz)? I've heard many people losing save files that were one unofficial cards.

SeeDRankLou
02-03-2006, 09:48 PM
That usually happens when you save over an area of a memory card too many times, means you've worn it out.

daniel kid
02-03-2006, 10:34 PM
got an idea i have a memory card fixer code which can fix this problem (for action replay and Xploder) but you need to use the code everytime,it might work i will port it tomorrow

Tempest
02-03-2006, 11:33 PM
My first memory card did the same thing to my FF VII game. I had to have 3 or 4 saves in case a file got ruined. Eventually I got rid of the memory card and it never happend again with my other cards. So my guess would be a bad memory card.

daniel kid
02-03-2006, 11:44 PM
i hope my old one dont break i have 15 ffvii and ix saves on it

RaidenWeb17
02-04-2006, 01:39 AM
If it is a MadCatz memory card toss it in the trash and get an official Sony one. Used ones at EB Games are pretty cheap.

lionhearted
02-04-2006, 06:46 PM
I wasn't using a cheat system, but I was using a Competition Pro memory card - time to use my official PS card.

a nirvana fan
02-04-2006, 06:59 PM
Try blowing your memory card, it works for me.

NeoCracker
02-04-2006, 07:04 PM
Never use a madcat card. IF you leave it alone and do nothing with it for to long you'll lose data. That was a sad sad day for me. I wept when I had to redo SSBM.