PDA

View Full Version : Discuss your faveorite enemies :D

Markus. D
02-03-2006, 11:24 PM
Topic ^^ :)

SNOOZER
02-03-2006, 11:33 PM
I've always enjoyed fighting with Gigas and Manticores.

Miriel
02-03-2006, 11:37 PM
I think Mandragoras are adorable, but I hated battling them in the Jungle.

Roogle
02-03-2006, 11:58 PM
Fighting the crabs tend to make me hungry for seafood. They're very easy to beat, so I'd say they're one of my favorites.

escobert
02-04-2006, 02:03 AM
I love chasing Goblins down and beating them up ^_^

Yeargdribble
02-04-2006, 03:35 AM
Mobs I like

-Hpemde- They are really cute and they aggro you without actually aggroing you so you can get a huge train of cute sea creatures following you around but not doing anything to you. Also you can enfeeble them very badly before actually engaging them. Lotsa fun.

-Phuabo- Once you figure out their special attacks they make for great XP. Me and my wife can make 6-7k/hr just duoing VT Om'phuabos in sea.

-Worms- Awesome because if you have Aspir they are like free MP stations. Just run by and Aspir some MP out of them and move on.

-Crabs- Nice mobs that are easily soloable within a range where they give low XP still. Also great all around for skilling up because of their high defense. They also have MP you can Aspir so what's not to love?

-Elementals- So easy to take down with a BLM. They are up in droves 24/7 in sky so you can farm all the clusters that you want there and get good XP while doing it.

-Mandragora- Painfully cute... need I say more?

-Hippogryph- These just look cool and for being T-VT at 50 cap they are painfully easy to kill for farming or for merits.

-Doomed- Sadly there aren't more of these in the game. They are one of the coolest mob models. They can be annoying to fight but they are cool just because of the way they look.

Mobs I dislike

-Aerns- Very difficult and annoying for the most part. Seem to be able to take on whatever job they like and essentially have Reraise 5 (instant reraise with full HP and no weakness). Also one of the few non-NM mobs (seriously I can count them on one hand) that I cannot sleep with any reliability.

-Tonberry- They are fun and everything but Throat Stab and Everyone's Grudge is highly annoying. I could easily solo any of them with little fear if not for these moves which are potentially life threatening no matter what your sats look like.

-Goobbue- Anything with AoE Silence annoys the hell out of me. Also they hit like trucks.

-Fomor- They party. This is highly annoying if you are in a subligar hunting PT and they don't wanna fight the fomor you are after because it never solos and only PTs.

-Taurus- When hunting fomor you are likely to run into them and anything that is non-NM but True Sight is highly annoying. They hit hard and Doom sucks because you can't always remove with spells or items.

-Yovra- It's hard enough watching out for Phuabo below you but looking out for Yovra above you is almost impossible to do simultaneously. At least they are sleepable but they hit hella hard and are just freakin' annoying to try to avoid sometimes. Especially if they pop up nearly your Phuabo XP camp.

-Corse- Any non-NM mob that can Charm makes me a very unhappy person. Also fairly difficult to sleep for an undead which is even more problematic.

Lionx
02-05-2006, 12:53 PM
I think Mandragoras are adorable, but I hated battling them in the Jungle.

chionos
02-10-2006, 02:20 AM
for the most part I don't really have any general mob types that I like in particular, though anything big(rams, malboros, gigas) is fun.
Dragons/Wyrms would probably be my favorite type of mob to fight just bc of their size and majesty
but there are some of specific mobs that I've enjoyed fighting,

Ark Angels: this is one of the funnest bc's i've been a part of. Fighting demonic versions of yourself(Ark Angel GK) is hella fun

Shadow Lord: I've done it multiple times now, and it's not as exciting now, but when I first did this fight, it was incredibly exhilerating.

Behemoth: Just so fun, i've loved behemoths in past ff's and this version is bigger and better than ever.

mobs i hate; anything that does any kind of paralyze or aoe or casts -ga spells...all things that destroy a thief