PDA

View Full Version : Best of the Big four?

Venom
02-04-2006, 12:57 AM
Who do you think was the best of the big four of thrash?

Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax or Slayer?

I couldnt decide what do you guys think?

Captain Maxx Power
02-04-2006, 01:41 AM
Metallica were good up to the point in the career when they went up their collective assholes (Read:Load/Reload/Napster/St. Anger). Megadeth have been doing Megadeth stuff for, well, forever. They're like Irom Maiden in that their sound rarely changes over the years but what they do put out is consistently high quality. Ain't broke, don't fix. Anthrax are probably the most successful of the "experimenting" old-school thrash metallers. Their later stuff (post-We've Come For You All et al.) is hugely different to their Among The Living era, but it's still very good and still very 'Thrax. Slayer...well, what can we say about them? Hugely campish and silly and they probably know it, Slayer started out cool, became a joke, then seemed to embrace it in a way and have just gone with it. Kinda like a post-modern Thrash metal band. They don't take themselves too seriously.

Man I'm not even close to putting them in any order and I've hardly touched on the music yet...

Brian The Pink Shark
02-04-2006, 09:16 AM
Definetly not the big four, if it's a big four of Metal then you've missed out, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Motorhead and many more :choc:

Crushed Hope
02-04-2006, 02:13 PM
Definetly not the big four, if it's a big four of Metal then you've missed out, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Motorhead and many more :choc:
Those bands are the "Big Four" in records sales, refering to the **** Venom posted. Infact, out of those bands, the only band to release more than 3 good albums was Megadeth.

Slayer had one, Show No Mercy
Metallica had two, Kill 'Em All and ...and Justice For All
Anthrax had none.
Megadeth had their first five albums.

Venom
02-04-2006, 02:49 PM

Big four of thrash metal.

THRASH METAL.

Shoden
02-04-2006, 03:52 PM
Metallica, Kill 'em All, Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, ...And Justice For All, Black Album and S&M, the other stuff just sucked.

Megadeth's later stuff is great but Dave sounds like a woman in Rust In peace and farther back. Slayer were only good for reign in blood and Anthrax are in the middle, not oo bad not too great.

I say Metallica, Load/Reload werent so bad but if it was in the 2CD album as originally proposed then it would of sold more, Garage Inc. Fuck that just covers that's all S&M was amazing St Anger frichin sucked, their new album is said to be inspired to RTL and MOP with the drumkit from Load, I think this "new album" will show us Metallica still has something left to give with their thrashing. Listen to Hunger and that seems ok, James Hetfield is the superior vocalist but since Jason Left Kirk seems to be slacking and Lars is getting Lazy and stopped his drumming htat made RTL pwn.

Pure Strife
02-04-2006, 03:59 PM
Megadeth by a long shot. I never really got into Slayer or Anthrax, and Metallica have nothing on Megadeth. Megadeth also had Marty Friedman at one point, who is easily one of my favourite guitarists. Dave may be a dick, but they're still a great band.

I also saw Meagdeth live at some last year, twas awesome.

Shoden
02-04-2006, 04:23 PM
Megadeht's only problem is Vocals, Dave cannot sing at all but still if they got someone better they'd rock.

I see no poll, I DEMAND A POLL!

Venom
02-04-2006, 04:56 PM
Megadeht's only problem is Vocals, Dave cannot sing at all but still if they got someone better they'd rock.

I see no poll, I DEMAND A POLL!

I demand a million dollars but you dont see me running around anouncing it.

Anyway I finnally came to a decision.

Its a tie between Megadeth and Anthrax for me.

Brian The Pink Shark
02-04-2006, 05:06 PM
Big four of thrash metal.

THRASH METAL.

everyone knows thrash metal is just a big conspiracy :choc:

The Man
02-04-2006, 11:17 PM
Slayer.

DeathKnight
02-08-2006, 04:22 PM
:choc2: MetallicA:choc2: followed by MegadetH then Antrhax then Slayer.

Jebus
02-08-2006, 07:59 PM

Rock.

War Angel
02-08-2006, 08:22 PM
Gee, and I thought this is going to be a battle between the Four Beatles... oh well.

Metallica. Because they're the only ones I'm familiar with, and heard more than one song of theirs. Megadeath made a cool Duke Nukem mix, though. I don't know the other two bands.

Jebus
02-08-2006, 08:56 PM
Well if it was between the Beatles, it'd be Lennon or Harrison, no contest.

Mythra
02-09-2006, 02:25 PM
Metallica until their St. Anger album. So different and alot worse than their other great albums. I personally prefer the one's from the 80's and the Black Album