PDA

View Full Version : Septerra Core

NeoCracker
02-04-2006, 02:32 AM
Today I found A copy of a really old PC RPG called Septerra Core: Legacy of the creator, and did a happy dance. For anyone who has played this, or has any Idea of what it is, what are your thoughts. I found it to be about the funnest PC game I can remember playing. Awsome Characters, cool moves, and its battle system was quite entertaining. For those who havn't played beneat your characters Icon in battle is a bar with three segmants, as time goes the bar fills. Every Segmant of the bar has different attacks. So the more segments filled, the more attack options you have.

Pauten
02-04-2006, 04:53 PM
I used to have it. It was alright, nothing too special but a rarity on the PC none the less. I'd like to play it again one day.

Skyblade
02-05-2006, 12:23 AM
I remember playing that one before too. I wish I still had it. Where'd you find yours?

Samuraid
02-05-2006, 12:28 AM
It's a pretty interesting game. Many of the later areas were far too repetitive and long; however, the story was interesting. I did beat it though eventually. :)

NeoCracker
02-05-2006, 02:31 AM
I remember playing that one before too. I wish I still had it. Where'd you find yours?

I got a new copy at EB. I didn't think they printed it anymore. It was about Ten bucks and I think I was just really lucky they had it. First time I played the copy was glitchy and kept kicking me off when i found the freaky sound lava thingy or whenever Led attacked. You might be able to order one of EBGames or Ebay.

Vermachtnis
02-05-2006, 10:13 PM
This is my favorite game for the PC. I can't believe other people have played it. I'm serious, everyone I've tried talking to about this game draw up a blank. I loved the story and the battle system. Mixing cards was fun, but I wish they expanded it and you could mix any card with any other one you wanted. Sure in the end, I would probably only mixed with Barrier and Summon; but, it would have been fun to experiment. One more thing about this game I liked was all the optinal stuff thrown through out the intire game. It seemed like at the end of an important event, about 3-7 new side quests opened up. Espically after you got Lobo and his ship. I could probably go on and on, but I think I'll stop. BTW, thanks for the nostaligia rush :p

NeoCracker
02-06-2006, 02:21 AM
This is my favorite game for the PC. I can't believe other people have played it. I'm serious, everyone I've tried talking to about this game draw up a blank. I loved the story and the battle system. Mixing cards was fun, but I wish they expanded it and you could mix any card with any other one you wanted. Sure in the end, I would probably only mixed with Barrier and Summon; but, it would have been fun to experiment. One more thing about this game I liked was all the optinal stuff thrown through out the intire game. It seemed like at the end of an important event, about 3-7 new side quests opened up. Espically after you got Lobo and his ship. I could probably go on and on, but I think I'll stop. BTW, thanks for the nostaligia rush :p
Anytime

bipper
02-06-2006, 02:33 AM
It was ok .. Nothing special. It had a few ups, but was to long and repetative in the end. I would give it a 4 out of 10.

Bip

SpikingZero
08-26-2006, 04:07 AM
Yo, I know that bumping old threads is a major no-no around these parts, although I really don't think it would make sense to start a new thread considering another one exists. This one doesn't contain many replies anyway. However, if this is still a problem, I'll happily start a new thread, and perhaps less people will hate me...I think.

Anyway, Interplay released a patch for this game to be playable on Windows XP back in March. This was fortunate, because the game liked to crash during that annoyingly difficult fight with the Lava Monster.

For the most part, I found the game to be really solid...until it started to go downhill (what I call FFVIII syndrome). Eventually, everything becomes a "Fetch and Retrieve" quest, the dungeons become too long (There are a massive load of dungeons that are several hours long, I kid you not).

I was also really disappointed by the ending. I mean, you toss 50 hours of effort into the game only to sort of insult you with a brief summary of "Oh, here's what happened after the fight" along with a rather weak explanation. Rather poor writing if you ask me. It makes me wonder if Valkyrie Studios was on a deadline or something.

Kain Strife
08-26-2006, 05:13 AM
Wow, my eyes almost literally popped outta my skull when I saw this thread! Back in early 2000 I finally had a PC and was out shopping with cash I got for my birthday and came across this game. I bought it on impulse, but only really played a few hours before becomming bored/sidetracked by other games. I'm now tempted to search for the copy of the game...if I can find it beneath this fortress of junk known as my bedroom.

Eh, some other time...it's too dangerous. :mad:

kikimm
08-26-2006, 05:23 AM
I'd really like to let this go, but the thing is it's still against the rules. It's just too old, sorry. =/ Making a new thread is a better idea. :p