PDA

View Full Version : This is impossible for me!

BahamutGurl
02-04-2006, 10:26 PM
Hey, has anybody ever beaten any of the created/boss monsters from the monster arena? If so, what have u done to beat it?:confused:

Tavrobel
02-04-2006, 10:45 PM
Yes, I have, and I routinely pound them into the ground. Maybe once a month I beat them... once through; but Shinryu I like to destroy multiple times.

There are a number of thing you can do to defeat the created monsters. First and foremost, you will want a well trained party, with at least 3 fully activated Celestial Weapons. Also have characters that have mastered at least 3 sections, and reasonably well-customized armor (+30%HP/MP, and 2 things of choice, depending on character). I will assume that you have all the Aeons in your possession. Having Wakka's Attack Reels and his weapon are the best way to beat an enemy, Auron's Bushido Blade will inflict all breaks, so that is useful, and either use Yuna/Rikku for healing and item purposes. (surprisingly enough Yuna is FASTER than Tidus and Wakka, despite people saying otherwise)

The area creations are relatively easy to defeat, and leveling up in Omega Ruins should be sufficient to defeat most of them. The species will be more difficult, but most of them are pushovers, and they drop the blue spheres that give +4 to stats, +40MP (not at ALL necessary), and +300HP (<3).

There are 8 monsters, and the easiest ones to beat are Ultima Buster, Neslug, and Catastrophe. the bonues for beating these monsters is HUGE, so for every one you beat, it will make the others 1% easier.

I apologize to the moderators, but I might have to double/triple post to give a detailed guide to beating these... abominations.

Tavrobel
02-04-2006, 11:10 PM
Catastrophe is the easiest. I used Anima, and gave him Haste, Drain, Cura, and Osmose. These are the ones you will need. Using Anima negates ALL of the stasuses that he uses, except curse, which stops your overdrive, so use it when it counts.
Haste for Aeon = 10 Chocobo feathers (Cactaurs and Qactaurs)
Cura for Aeon = 30 X-Potions, or Curaga = 60 Mega-Potions (Various enemies)
Drain for Aeon = 60 Stamina Springs, which I believe you can get from defeating one of the Area/Species for the first time
Osmose for Aeon = 10 Mana Springs, same situation

After you get in battle, have Yuna summon/Grand Summon Anima, and Overdrive. Then you should get around 3 turns or more on Catastrophe. Demi and Sneeze are no problem, but the one you should worry about is Hundred Thorns. Simply attack (DO NOT USE PAIN, THE COOLDOWN IS TOO LONG AND IT DOES NOT PROVIDE EXTRA DAMAGE OR ANY STASUSES), on the first two turns (or osmose/drain), and shield on the last turn you get, if you think Anima will not survive the attack. If Anima dies, then summon the Magus Sisters, and hope for Passado, and if you do, have Mindy use it by repeating herself. If they die, then summon more Aeons and hope they don't die. It should take about 30 minutes

Th'uban is next, but you will want to use your characters, not Aeons. Like the first, he casts Curse on you by using Rainbow, and Mana Vortex. While he does have an attack pattern, don't depend on it. Hastega, and Revive as needed. Auto-Life is useful. Any weapon you have equipped will always do normal damage, but this changes on some of the other bosses, where only Celestial Weapons will do normal damage. Pound away until defeated.

Neslug is harder, because he can kill you instantly with his tounge attack, so the only way to make it easier is by Strength and Magic, and never giving him a turn. Hastega, and hit him. If you can do 99999 damage, Use Wakka's Attack Reels, and hope you line up 2x 3 times, for 99999x20. Otherwise, Doublecast Ultima and copycat it. (Yes, Ultima the magic spell will only look more and more annoying as you see it more and more). when his shell dissolves, attack him with magic/physical, whichever does more.

Ultima Buster is harder, but still easy. Auto-Life is useful, unless you are fast enough to never give him a turn, or you can survive ultima, which will do around 20k damage. Celestial and piercing weapons will damage the arms normally, and Wakka can hit the head away. After his body is left, go all out assault, since he will not counter half the time. If he does, revive and haste, and continue the onslaught. Quick Hit is VERY useful.

At Completion of a character's sphere section, most attack will do over 10k damage or more, and you will not have many of the skills you need to beat the enemy. (4k HP)
At 100 (except Luck), you should survive most normal attacks, and named attacks, and probably have Auto-Life/Celestial weapons on most characters, if not all. (7k-9999hp)
At 150 (except Luck), you begin to do 99999 on non-Celestial Armor enemies. (9999hp for non-limit breakers, 10k+ hp for those who have it)
At 255 (except Luck), you should be able to do on all enemies except Nemesis (whose armor randomly reduces attack damage), and should survive almost all attacks. Some you will not escape, and the ones you will not survive usualy only affect one character. (Anywhere from 15k to 50k hp)
Luck is a non-factor in these battles. These battles are about consistency, not pulling off the "awesome, never thought it could happen" type of wins. If you are expecting your luck to save you, it never will. Unless you have 255 Luck, which means you have already beaten Earth Eater... 100 times... stupid Dark Matter drop ratios!

Tavrobel
02-04-2006, 11:29 PM
Earth Eater has Celestial Armor, which reduces attacks by a random amount, usually a VERY HIGH amount. Not even attack reels will always do 99999, but it should do enough to knock it down. Normal attacks (Quick Hit, Mug) will do the most damage. When he falls back, he will be able to cast Flare, instead of Megaton Punch, which does 10k or less. You will quickly notice that he has reflect. So either Ultima and copycat, and hope it does 10k+ damage, or normally attack (normal attacks will begin doing normal damage). If he gets back up, entrust, and attack reels. It should kill Earth Eater. Don't use Hastega when he is still standing. You will lose too many turns on the user, and since he will do nothing but Megaton Punch, only Auto-Life and Pheonixes will help.

Greater Sphere is mostly annoying, since it will counter with Ultima, and when it attacks, it does Hydraulic Press, which does damage EXACTLY equal to your HP, unless you cast Protect and Shell. It will save you. Don't use magic, and all normal attacks will do normal damage. Use Potions as your main healing source, since you have Shell and it reduces healing effects as well.

Shinryu is underwater, so it will be Tidus, Wakka, and Rikku only, regardless of party set up. He counters all attacks with a normal attack, so cast protect. The only thing to worry about after Protect and Hastega is his attack causes Petrify. Otherwise, attack, and it should not be too hard. You will need to routinely defeat Shinryu if you wish to customize Break HP Limit on all your characters, but since all attacks do normal damage...

Nemesis.

Two words: Use Zanmato.

But if you want a rematch, or beat him legitimately without losing ALL of your money and time on soft resets, having stats above 150 is a good place to start. His Celestial Armor will randomly reduce all damage, and Black Magic isn't worth using. If you missed Omega Weapon's Supernova for Kimahri, get it from Nemesis. The essentials; Auto-Life, Hastega. Customizing Auto-Remedy on armor will be useful beyond words. Ultra Spark causes around 7 Statuses, (including death by damage if your HP is below 20k) and some are painful to endure. Ethereal Cannon will simply cause heavy damage, but he uses it less often than Ultra Spark. Supernova = death, unless you can survive multiple Ultra Sparks. Auto-Life.

Have fun beating the enemy! MUAHAHAHHAHAH.
If you need more help, feel free to ask by PM or post.

BahamutGurl
02-05-2006, 03:14 AM
Thank you very much!

BahamutGurl
02-05-2006, 03:23 AM
Nemesis is hardest to beat right? What does he look like?

Sain Cai
02-05-2006, 04:14 AM
http://www.ffcompendium.com/EspMon/nemesis10.gif

Tavrobel
02-05-2006, 04:46 PM
He only the hardest to beat because of his HP, and rigged attacks, and the fact she looks like Poltergeist from FFVI. Except gold, and has attacks that do 10k+ routinely. Although I've never seen Nemesis or any of the Weapon class monsters use a regular attack, except once, and it was while I was getting a drink, playing FFX-2. What a bad decision.

Psydekick
02-05-2006, 05:33 PM
To beat Nemesis you need very good stats:)