PDA

View Full Version : Nemesis monster!!

BahamutGurl
02-05-2006, 03:17 AM
Has anyone ever beaten the nemesis monster in the monster arena?I have never fought him and I heard he is as hard as HELL to beat.If so, how did you beat him?

Anyone?

anyone at all?

Edit by Kishi: Don't triple-post. Do realize that this is a message board, not a chat room.

Psydekick
02-05-2006, 05:36 PM
No i haven't beaten him cause i can't be bothered to catch 10 Tonbeerys:)

The Devourer Of Worlds
02-05-2006, 05:41 PM
Sure, he looks tough with 10 million HP, but his defence and Luck are his downfall. You can easily Attack-Reel/Blitz Ace/Quick hit him to death.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
02-05-2006, 07:40 PM
he's not really that tough, sure he has a lot of HP but his moves suck. it's just perserverence really

4evarisha
02-05-2006, 07:44 PM
I got him but i didn't fight him yet

Tavrobel
02-05-2006, 09:26 PM
Sure, he looks tough with 10 million HP, but his defence and Luck are his downfall. You can easily Attack-Reel/Blitz Ace/Quick hit him to death.

His defense may suck, but considering he can randomly reduce attack power, its not fun. And for some reason, if you have 255 strength, Blitz Ace and Attack Reels will ALWAYS not do 99999 per attack. Usually around 40k or higher, but not above 75k without a critical hit.

And his attacks routinely do ABOVE 10k. You need Break HP limit if you don't like casting Auto-Life. It's all about preserverence (as Pheonix said), and consistency.

The Devourer Of Worlds
02-06-2006, 04:34 AM
His defense may suck, but considering he can randomly reduce attack power, its not fun. And for some reason, if you have 255 strength, Blitz Ace and Attack Reels will ALWAYS not do 99999 per attack. Usually around 40k or higher, but not above 75k without a critical hit.
When I fought him, Attack Reels did 99999 damage per hit. I think Blitz Ace may have done less, but at least 70000+. I don't know the game mechanics well enough to really work out why your attacks did so little, but I say it would either be because of low luck or you weren't using the Celestial Weapons.

Tavrobel
02-06-2006, 07:10 PM
When I fought him, Attack Reels did 99999 damage per hit. I think Blitz Ace may have done less, but at least 70000+. I don't know the game mechanics well enough to really work out why your attacks did so little, but I say it would either be because of low luck or you weren't using the Celestial Weapons.

To be honest, I don't know why either. All my stats are 255 except Luck, I just assumed that Celestial Armor affects Overdrives also. But Wakka DID have his World Champion equipped. The last time I did Blitz Ace, Tidus would only do 20k without Caladbolg.

The Devourer Of Worlds
02-06-2006, 07:14 PM
How high was your luck? Mine was just over 100. Or maybe you didn't dispel power break?

Fireblade13
02-06-2006, 09:21 PM
Still just training and as Earth eater was a scrape by I don't think ill be able to take him down.

mega_tonberry
02-07-2006, 02:28 AM
I'v only beaten it 2 times.

Sanji
02-07-2006, 01:30 PM
I've beaten by cheating... ZANMATOOOOOOOOOOOOO....! :D

Gilthanes
02-07-2006, 04:58 PM
Any suggestions on Tonberry Hunting. Thats the only thing keeping me from finishing the Nemesis creation. (Almost done with all the area/species conquests, and still building my "ultimate armor" as I do this. 1 down, 2 to go heh.

I spent over an hour in that Temple and only saw 1. Not looking forward to spending 9 more hours in there :( ps I swear if i see another Magic Urn I'm gonna throw something out my window, possibly this computer

Lost Number
02-07-2006, 05:01 PM
Nope. Random luck o' the draw. Dont you just love it?

Gilthanes
02-07-2006, 05:02 PM
I stepped on a bunch of tacks that spilled on my floor yesterday. I'd rather do that 10 more times than spend another day in that place

Lost Number
02-07-2006, 05:05 PM
Vary it around. Go some where else, get Dark matter, something. Make yer armour. Then go back. I know, it takes hours, but its worth it. Just imagine when you beat nemesis WITHOUT BREAK HP LIMIT!!!

Gilthanes
02-07-2006, 05:13 PM
I used to think BHPL was the end-all of armor abilities. But since then I've realized the power of armor with Auto-prot/shell/haste/phoenix. Talk about immortality. Only thing that could wipe out your group is something that does 20k+ to all party members (which most of the time you can just sacrifice an aeon to take that attack for you, then continue the Quickhit spam

Lost Number
02-07-2006, 07:31 PM
Or get HUGE DEFENCE. 255. Tough, but rewarding.

ScottNUMBERS
02-07-2006, 07:46 PM
I beat it solo character. With three characters it's way too easy. Penance is only about five-hundred and seventy two times harder. :cool:

Lost Number
02-07-2006, 07:49 PM
Penance on only 9999 hp is EASY. I beat him so many times, I know him off by heart. I once tried only 1 char, but got killed, even with BHPL.

Tavrobel
02-07-2006, 07:55 PM
I used to think BHPL was the end-all of armor abilities. But since then I've realized the power of armor with Auto-prot/shell/haste/phoenix. Talk about immortality. Only thing that could wipe out your group is something that does 20k+ to all party members (which most of the time you can just sacrifice an aeon to take that attack for you, then continue the Quickhit spam

Or get HUGE DEFENCE. 255. Tough, but rewarding.

All of his attacks are magical, and even with 255 in both defenses, he will still do considerable damage. Beating him without break HP limit is easy, and can be easily done, as long as you have Auto-Life.

And Auto-Haste/Shell/Protect/Pheonix is NOT the best armor that you can get. It won't save you if you ALL die, and if you can get Auto-Pheonix, you already have Auto-Life. The best is actually Auto-Remedy instead of everything except auto-haste, but having 255 speed only causes your user character to lose one turn, because half of Nemesis' attacks cause status.

I have yet to do it solo character, but I could beat him with anyone because of having 50k hp on all, and NONE of his attacks damage me above 10k.

ScottNUMBERS
02-07-2006, 08:10 PM
Penance on only 9999 hp is EASY. I beat him so many times, I know him off by heart. I once tried only 1 char, but got killed, even with BHPL.
Any super-boss on 9999HP is easy.

Lost Number
02-07-2006, 08:37 PM
PENANCE?

Bomber
02-07-2006, 08:48 PM
I've beaten by cheating... ZANMATOOOOOOOOOOOOO....! :D

I've yet to figure out how to use Zanmato. How do you get it?

Lost Number
02-07-2006, 08:50 PM
Uh, Yojimbo. Pay more, use overdrive, that sort of thing.

Tavrobel
02-08-2006, 01:43 AM
I've yet to figure out how to use Zanmato. How do you get it?

There ARE ways to get Yojimbo to use Zanmato everytime without fail. The way to do this is to first get lots of money, (the easiest way to obtain this is by robbing the banks in Spira) then eject the disc, (no need to save), and put in FFX-2, and go to the Calm Lands gorge in chapter 3 and fight Yojimbo. He will use Zanmato EVERYTIME.

rubah
02-08-2006, 03:39 AM
he was pretty easy. Hastaga/auto haste, smack with quick hit, summon aeon, resume quick hits, aeon, etc.

Tempest
02-08-2006, 03:47 AM
He's easy to beat but, the battle is long as hell. Auto-Haste, Auto-Life and break hp limit is all ya need to beat him.

Bomber
02-08-2006, 07:21 AM
There ARE ways to get Yojimbo to use Zanmato everytime without fail. The way to do this is to first get lots of money, (the easiest way to obtain this is by robbing the banks in Spira) then eject the disc, (no need to save), and put in FFX-2, and go to the Calm Lands gorge in chapter 3 and fight Yojimbo. He will use Zanmato EVERYTIME.

Very funny...

Anybody have a REAL answer for me? Or is it impossible?

Gilthanes
02-08-2006, 11:04 PM
I'm not a Yojimbo expert, but from what I've read is that Yojimbo has a certain level of happiness with you, kinda like FFVIII. His Happiness can go up or down depending on things. i.e. If he dies his happiness goes down, dunno what else. The more often you use him, and the more money you pay him, the higher his happiness will go. I think theoretically, after you pay him trillions and trillions of gil and never let him die or such, the Zanmoto threshold will be much easier to reach.

Of course, The website I read may have been completely full of BS, I'll let other FFX experts here comment on this theory

Lost Number
02-08-2006, 11:07 PM
Having him use Wakisashi(esp.against all) or Zanmato increases his Respect level.

Tavrobel
02-09-2006, 02:34 AM
There's some kind of formula to figuring out his respect level for you.

Level is determined by money incentive, and attacks previously used. So if he keeps using Daigoro, save and wait until when you pay him, if he uses something better, save, and keep going. If he does not, then soft reset.

Daigoro = minus respect
Kozuka = null, no gain or loss
Wakisashi = plus respect
Zanmato = plus twenty points (I think)
Giving Yojimbo 0 gil = minus twenty points (usually more)

When actually using his attack, the number is added, and plus a random number. If the number is above 200 (or 255, I don't know), he will use Zanmato. It is far from impossible to use, but difficult.

And despite what most people think, having overdrive does not affect his motivation, only how many enemies he can attack. Not having a full bar attacks a random enemy, while having a full bar affects all enemies on screen. But a Grand Summon can't hurt. But neither will it help, unless you are feeling Vegas lucky.

Carl the Llama
02-09-2006, 03:34 AM
with Yojimbo his Zanmato level depends on the answer you give him when buying him, if you want him to be "happy" tell him the reason "to fight the strongest enemy's" (i think) and then proceed to pay him maximum money and he will say "You alone realise my true worth" or somthing like that and when you summon him only do so on the strongest enemy's (hence the answer) and pay him shizer loads of gil and he will almost always do zanmato, also with his affection value if you summon him and dismiss him without paying/useing him his zanmato level will go down and if you pay him a pathetic amount and he uses the attack Daigoro (his mut) that also means his evaluation of you has gone down as such if at any time he does such an attack you should reset the computer also if he dies he zanmato will go down. oh and one more thing Yojimbo knows how much money you have and so if you have like 1,000,000 and you pay him 2/3 or 3/4 he is much more likely to use Zanmato but say for instance you have like 100,000,000 and you pay 750,000 he is unlikely to use it. hope this helped KDWAH.

BahamutGurl
02-11-2006, 06:53 AM
Whoa,I didn't even know there was a respect scale for yojimbo...