PDA

View Full Version : Diablo 3?

Carmilla
02-05-2006, 03:22 AM
Blizzard has announced that the development team that made the first two Diablo games are starting work on a new game.

Hmm, i wonder what it could be...

Anyone else excited about a D3 in 3D? :p

I cannot even begin to count how many Mephisto runs that addicting game made me do! hehe :choc2:

Markus. D
02-05-2006, 03:27 AM
perhaps they could input a "story" line in it this time.

and perhaps they might be more creative with the quests.

LunarWeaver
02-05-2006, 03:33 AM
Almost the entire Diablo team has left, most of them gone to Flagship Studios (I think?). They've been working on the same game for the last 20,000 years. If they do make a Diablo 3 it will be with lots of new staff :( But that doesn't mean it will be bad. Blizzard is the awesome and all, and the only time I converse with any higher power is to ask for a Diablo III :chuckle:

escobert
02-05-2006, 03:36 AM
about 90% of the Diablo team moved on to make Areanet which now tuns Guild Wars. I would love to seea diablo 3, since 2 is one of my all time favorite games.

Epiphany
02-05-2006, 03:43 AM
Indeed, it's very unlikely that it'll be a good version much like the last, should be interesting though.

Shoeberto
02-05-2006, 03:45 AM
about 90% of the Diablo team moved on to make Areanet which now tuns Guild Wars. I would love to seea diablo 3, since 2 is one of my all time favorite games.
what

I thought they moved on to the studio that's making that Hellgate: London game or whatever it's called.

escobert
02-05-2006, 04:31 AM
No, I'm pretty sure that they formed a-net an made Guild Wars.

Chibi Youkai
02-05-2006, 04:32 AM
That's been a rumour going around forever. It would indeed be nice if it ever happened, but it's not likely. I'd love to see it come about, but it'd probably be one of those next-gen games that you'd have to buy a new computer to run.

Captain Maxx Power
02-05-2006, 03:24 PM
The "main players" of Diablo (Shenk, Schaffer, Roper etc.) went on to make Flagship Studios, which is making Hellgate : London. The people at ANet are some of the lesser bods as well as a few who weren't even involved in creating Diablo, which runs Guild Wars.

Madame Adequate
02-05-2006, 04:44 PM
Ah, but, Blizz has been advertising for jobs, to join whatever's left of the D2 team, and has specifically specified that they're looking for people who can do both Humanoid and non-Humanoid animation and yadda yadda.

So, while one can't guarantee D3, it's certainly a likely prospect. Burning Crusade is (I hope) already pretty far along. Though I guess they could be starting SC: Ghost again... or something different entirely, and just using the prestige of the D2 name to attract people (Like they need to.).

Still, something's happening.

a nirvana fan
02-05-2006, 04:56 PM
I didn't really like the original Diablo, Diablo II was really good so I'm hoping this one will be even better.:D

LunarWeaver
02-05-2006, 06:39 PM
I hope Starcraft:Ghost is a hit when it comes out in 2017 so that they make a Diablo-based game specifically for home consoles that I can play around 2090, when I'm hopefully still alive. But better late and quality then now and crappy, true stories.