PDA

View Full Version : Epica

Rye
02-05-2006, 04:43 PM
Absolutly love this band. Any other fans

Simone Simons is an AMAZING singer, one of my favourites. I <3 metal opera. I suggest Consign to Oblivion and We Will Take You With Us, but the former is must better. Though both are great. I suggest the follow songs:

Trois Vierges (<3333)
Solitary Ground
Force of the Shore
Façade Of Reality (The Works - Live) (Not a fan of those little political speeches thrown in the middle of the song though, but the choir and Simone = <3)
Blank Infinity
Run For A Fall (Acoustic)
Memory (It's a cover of a song that everyone knows)
Cry For The Moon (The Works - Live)
Consign To Oblivion (A New Age Dawns Pt 3)

Their lyrics are a bit flowery because English isn't their first language, but their lyrics are still very nice in my opinion. :)

And by the way, you will not like this band if you don't like opera, orchestras or choirs so if you dislike all 3, please don't go and post "THIS STUFF SUX BECUZ OPERA SUX" or something along the lines of that. If you think they are untalented, state a VALID reason why. :)

Captain Maxx Power
02-05-2006, 05:00 PM
And by the way, you will not like this band if you don't like opera, orchestras or choirs so if you dislike all 3, please don't go and post "THIS STUFF SUX BECUZ OPERA SUX" or something along the lines of that. If you dislike it, state a VALID reason why. :)

I think not liking Opera is a perfectly valid reason.

Rye
02-05-2006, 05:11 PM
To dislike them, yes, but not to say they suck. There's a difference. I can't say I like particularly like country music, but that doesn't mean it sucks. :) But I see I did say dislike there, so sorry. Lemme reword that. If you think they're UNTALENTED, state a valid reason why. Thanks for pointing that out. :heart:

jrgen
02-05-2006, 05:37 PM
They're decent, but their female lead vocalist kind of destroys the music. They don't really have much compared to good symphonic/operatic metal bands like Therion and Haggard. Although I suppose they have more in common with bands like Nightwish.

And musical talent is only the ability to compose music I alone enjoy listening to. Nothing else.

Crushed Hope
02-06-2006, 08:37 PM
Cheesy. As. Hell.

I don't like the band at all. Totally boring Gothic metal.