PDA

View Full Version : Does Kawazu producing worry anyone else

LunarWeaver
02-05-2006, 07:10 PM
I hate to be one of those people who gets all judgmental before something is even out, but I felt very safe and secure this would be another wonderful roleplaying experience until Matsuno's unfortunate health complications forced him to leave. They replaced him with Kawazu? I mean, the SaGa and FF:Crystal Chronicles guy?! The SaGa series is one of the few things Square puts out that blows (er, opinion alert). I know Kitase and Nomura are busy folks these days and Sakaguchi left for his Mistwalker business, but aww man, this guy?

Well the composer and two directors make me a happy boy though, so I suppose there's hope. Plus Matsuno was on the team for a very long time so hopefully everything important he wanted to be put in already is. I like everything I see so far, and I'm very flexible with games and accepting what's good about them. Plus I like that each Final Fantasy is so different from the last and I realize the experience itself will never be all that is formed in my head pre-release (instead of hyping it up so much I proclaim it's my favorite before it's even out *cough*), so it's not like I'm whining about the game itself because I don't know what it will be like as a finished product, I'm just whining about the new Executive Producer, which is different...Apparently. All I'm saying is, this guy better not go screwing anything up, or I will think about writing a VERY angry letter and then be too lazy to do it, and I know that frightens him dearly.

Like it matters, I guess... I'm going to buy the damn thing anyway.

DMKA
02-06-2006, 01:55 AM
What's this you're going on about?

The other guy was responsible for Vagrant Story anyway, one of the few Square games I really didn't like.

LunarWeaver
02-06-2006, 02:04 AM
I don't like Vagrant Story, but I did like Final Fantasy Tactics. Matsuno got sick and isn't producer anymore, now this new fellow is. He does the Unlimited SaGa and Romancing SaGa series, and yeah they are horrible.

Slade
02-06-2006, 03:07 AM
Does it worry me? No. Im sure it'll be a worthy title no matter who makes it.

LunarWeaver
02-06-2006, 03:19 AM
Does it worry me? No. Im sure it'll be a worthy title no matter who makes it.

That's like saying a Final Fantasy movie will be good even if Uwe Boll directs it.

Vyk
02-06-2006, 03:33 AM
I'm not a big fan of this Matsuno's work either. But I suppose I probably would pick that stuff over SaGa and Chronicles. But there's always a chance they'll churn out something I will like. But since the last FF I truly enjoyed was 7, it wouldn't really surprise me if I disliked this one too. No matter who did it ;D

Ouch!
02-06-2006, 11:07 PM
Isn't this relatively old news?

Anyway, I'm not worried. I'm going to assume that Kawazu didn't have the guts to change much. With how long Matsuno did work on the title, I'm sure his influence will be much more... influential. >_>;

Slade
02-07-2006, 04:41 AM
That's like saying a Final Fantasy movie will be good even if Uwe Boll directs it.
Basically what I'm trying to say is that people complain too much about change...........alright it didn't sound like it but thats what I'm saying NOW ;)
I have full confidence in 'whatever-his-name-is', its nice to have a change. Without change, it would be 'same old' and people would then start complaining about that.

LunarWeaver
02-07-2006, 05:13 AM
I've made it clear I enjoy change a lot. I love that Final Fantasy has morphed itself so many times. But I'm worried that this guy doesn't know how to make GOOD changes. I like the battle system, a LOT actually. But I don't have my hands on it yet, and so much is still unknown. He could still funkfu it up! I guess I'll know March 30th, when Famitsu will score it.

edczxcvbnm
02-07-2006, 06:49 AM
There are too many other people involved and looking over him for him to screw this up.

I didn't like Tactics or Vagrant story but I could tell that they were done very well which is why I was so pleased when he was announced the producer. He did his job very well. I am sure the game was just having polish put on it at this point and testing done. Not much left to be done at this point. His job as producer will be minimal.

DJZen
02-07-2006, 08:56 PM
Nope