PDA

View Full Version : I Think This Game Had A Negative Impact

Oddball19
02-05-2006, 09:10 PM
This is going to sound really bizzare and in a way I hope somebody else out there is the same because this is driving me nuts.
I recently bought the OST for FFVII, and when playing Aeris theme it bought a tear to my eye.
This may not sound THAT odd because it's quite an emotional piece of music, but now any music I listen to from the game makes me feel all emotional because it makes me remember what for me was the greatest game and story ever told. I can't explain why it makes me sad but it does.
Also what I find odd is that I played this game when it came out on the Playstation and I have always thought about it occasionally and I cant explain the feeling when I see a bit of FMV from the game or something it's just so odd. Considering Im 20 years old I cant help but feel I may need some kind of help.

If anyone has any suggestions/ideas please help because Im at a real loss here!! I don't WANT to forget about the game completely so thats not an option. MY first ever FFVII dream actually happened lastn ight as well which is what prompted me to find an active FF forum and share it, basically I was talking to Aeries and saying how she should stay on Earth because of people missing her but she was saying how bored she was and as she was going back up to heaven I started screaming rude words at her and callingh er selfish because she wouldn't stay.

Ryushikaze
02-05-2006, 10:19 PM
1. It's a dream. Don't read too much into it.

2. Down to heaven. Remember, the lifestream is heaven for the Cetra.

Reles
02-05-2006, 10:25 PM
It's just a game. I'm sorry it impacted you so badly?

TheSpoonyBard
02-05-2006, 10:53 PM
My thoughts exactly, Reles - it's just a game. Crying and dreaming about it is a bit of an overreaction, in my opinion. If you get upset whenever you hear the music, I'd suggest you stop listening. Try something new for a while.

Oddball19
02-05-2006, 11:01 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I just reminded myself it was a game and something clicked. Listened to the same music and just thought this is cool. Cant belive it was something so simple :) Thanks a lot guys/gals I really appreciate it.

Emerald weapon
02-05-2006, 11:03 PM
The music is supposed to make you feel emtional,thats what Nobuo intended it to do,am sure evry1 has obsessed about a game sooner ot later and right now its just your turn,dont get to deep into it the obsession will be over soon

Noj_R
02-06-2006, 12:17 AM
Hey dont worry about it...

When you start having nocturnal emissions about Aeris, THEN get some real help buddy. ;)

mooglebunni608
02-06-2006, 12:28 AM
o my gosh the same thing happens to me the music makes me sad i cry almost every time i here it.

Randgris
02-06-2006, 12:33 AM
In front of other people I don't really show my real emotions. Even if I hear the OST of ANY FF game, I just get the chilly, creepy, feeling. Hell I always get goosbumps. But after Listening to it 100 times now, I'm used to it. And Nobuo's music is really emotional, don't get obssessed or else you'll want to become like Aeris and be 'one with the planet'. :rolleyes2

Sephitachi7
02-06-2006, 01:36 PM
right...:eep:

feioncastor
02-10-2006, 09:00 AM

When you start having nocturnal emissions about Aeris, THEN get some real help buddy. ;)
Where do you sign up for that help, and what if your nocturnal emmisions are about Heidegger?

Gilthanes
02-10-2006, 04:05 PM
I've gotten emotional over a select few theme songs, Aeris's was one of them (cuz it does bring back memories of her death in the game). I wouldnt feel bad, the song is meant to do that to the person hearing it.

Lost Number
02-10-2006, 05:05 PM
People get very emotional over books and music, and poetry.
So why not games?
FF7 was one of the most emotional games.
The music, the FMV, it can still bring a tear to my eye. And im a bit of a hardman.

boys from the dwarf
02-10-2006, 06:33 PM
i believe this game was the darkest FF with the most depressing feel to it , but the music suited the game and the aeris tune when its used when she dies is great for the time its played. the music and overall feel of the game is dark but seems as it suits the game i dont mind.its not my favourite FF but as long as its not negative for no reason i think its fine.

therealquigmaster
02-11-2006, 12:37 PM
Hmm. That music always makes me happy for some reason:tongue:

Chris
02-11-2006, 12:45 PM
When I first finished the game in 1998 I remember feeling the same way about the whole thing. I loved Aeris and I didn't want her to die! Anyways, years later I don't even play the damn game.

Prancing Mad
02-11-2006, 01:04 PM
Some pieces from games bring a tear to my eye because I remember the moment in the game, or I just think the music is freakin' amazing whether it's in a game or not. I love music :) But anyways, it could also remind you (like FF6 does for me) of a time when your life was much simpler. You had less worries in your life and so, when you see the game, or hear the music, it reminds of the good ol' days. That's what I think it is for me.

Oddball19
02-11-2006, 08:48 PM
MY fave music is the proper version of Terra's theme. Really nice piece.

Fonzie
02-12-2006, 01:48 AM
Ok...i admit it...i cried when i first saw Aeris's Death, but i was 7 lmao. Now when i see it i laugh and chuckle because theirs no blood on the sword. Just a very clean gray/white tint sword.

Oddball19
02-13-2006, 12:23 PM
What is that piece of music calls that plays if you when it rolls the credits at the start of FFVII. As in if you dont lcick start and it plays that little tune.

Dreddz
02-13-2006, 02:09 PM
I recently bought the OST for FFVII, and when playing Aeris theme it bought a tear to my eye.
This may not sound THAT odd because it's quite an emotional piece of music, but now any music I listen to from the game makes me feel all emotional because it makes me remember what for me was the greatest game and story ever told. I can't explain why it makes me sad but it does
I feel I can relate to this alot, whenever I listen to my FFVII OST ( Which is nearly every day ), I get all the memorys pouring back on how much of a great time I had with the game, makes me wanna go back and play it, which I normally do. And then for the rest of the day I'd just spend playing FFVII.
Even though Ive beaten the game about 5 times, about 2 weeks ago, I listened to Life Stream and I just needed to play the game, I sat down and started it up, then spent a good portion of the day playing FFVII, I got to the chocobo farm then thought It'll be time to turn it off.
Oh crap, Ive rabbled on a bit ...

Bendak
02-13-2006, 03:58 PM
Ok...i admit it...i cried when i first saw Aeris's Death, but i was 7 lmao. Now when i see it i laugh and chuckle because theirs no blood on the sword. Just a very clean gray/white tint sword.
LMAO!!!!!

Jess
02-13-2006, 05:34 PM
It is a sad peice of music. The reality is though, that is just a game. :)

Seifer
02-17-2006, 08:14 PM

No, that's perfectly healthy. Not that I'd know anything about it myself.

Shadow The Red XIII Thing
02-18-2006, 03:53 AM

Hi im Jordan and I have a problem

.CloudStrife.
02-18-2006, 06:01 AM
Sometimes I want to do Tifa but I don't think that will happen

Dreddz
02-18-2006, 12:33 PM
Sometimes I want to do Tifa but I don't think that will happen
:mog:

Shadow The Red XIII Thing
02-18-2006, 10:30 PM
I know youre pain

cloud_doll
02-20-2006, 12:46 AM
What is that piece of music calls that plays if you when it rolls the credits at the start of FFVII. As in if you dont lcick start and it plays that little tune.

The Prelude to Final Fantasy?

Ryushikaze
02-20-2006, 05:33 AM
Hi im Jordan and I have a problem

::tosses you some skin rags:: Here's your cure. Can't have narcoerotic emissions if you emit while concious.

vampirepiggyhunter7
02-20-2006, 05:39 AM
The FF7 music is emotional. I sometimes think about it and my mind zones out.

Dell
02-20-2006, 02:08 PM
I don't think I feel anything, It was just sad to lose aeris, the theme are emotional a bit but I feel the song not the scene, but when the theme end, I found myself just waking up from sleep, (I was sleeping when I heard the theme!). A newly become teen like me don't have that kind of emotional feeling yet. I'm 13 actually.

chronic_Maniac
02-20-2006, 07:36 PM
watch what you hand your heart to. lol lmao lmfao