PDA

View Full Version : EOFF....Taken a little far...

Dreddz
02-05-2006, 11:18 PM
Do you think EOFF is taken a little far ahead than other forums. I mean, stuff like the recent EOFF Party Election, The Ciddies, various other events. One I'd like to mention was that EOFF Prom, the fact that people took it seriously really downgraded this site and makes us all look a little sad dont you think.
I know most of this stuff is just fun and games, but this is just a gaming forum, not a real life youth club.
Discuss.

Leeza
02-05-2006, 11:21 PM
It's more than just a gaming forum for the oldbies and all of this stuff is just plain fun.

Xaven
02-05-2006, 11:23 PM
I agree with Leeza. We would just be like everyone else if we we're only devoted to gaming and stuff.

Yamaneko
02-05-2006, 11:25 PM
We're just trying to live out our wretched little lives here because we can't get a date for the real prom.

Miriel
02-05-2006, 11:35 PM
Do you think EOFF is taken a little far ahead than other forums. I mean, stuff like the recent EOFF Party Election, The Ciddies, various other events. One I'd like to mention was that EOFF Prom, the fact that people took it seriously really downgraded this site and makes us all look a little sad dont you think.
I know most of this stuff is just fun and games, but this is just a gaming forum, not a real life youth club.
Discuss.
I think you're taking it too far by complaining about what people do on a gaming forum when it's not like this is something significant enough that it should bother you in real life.

Dreddz
02-05-2006, 11:39 PM
Im not complaining, Its just I think EOFF is taken further than other forums, I sometimes join in on some of these events even.

Yamaneko
02-05-2006, 11:41 PM
Ok, so how is this feedback exactly?

Miriel
02-05-2006, 11:42 PM
He's feeding back to you that he thinks various EoFF events are lame. Lame and sad. And that makes you (specifically you) lame and sad.

Yamaneko
02-05-2006, 11:43 PM
Well, I guess that makes me lame and sad.

Loony BoB
02-06-2006, 01:04 AM
This place is an online community for FF fans. The awards, elections and so on are more for the online community than anything else. I think it makes this place a step ahead of the other places.

Del Murder
02-06-2006, 01:05 AM
Im not complaining, Its just I think EOFF is taken further than other forums, I sometimes join in on some of these events even.
So, are you just pointing this out? Please be more clear on what your intent is so that we may best handle your request.

rubah
02-06-2006, 02:24 AM
I like it. It makes the days fun.

You'll notice that this is how real life operates. People grab holidays and make up new ones for something to do with their lives to make days a little bit different from each other.

activities=activity activity=more posts more posts=something for us mods to mod.

Psychotic
02-06-2006, 03:07 AM
Do you think EOFF is taken a little far ahead than other forums. I mean, stuff like the recent EOFF Party Election, The Ciddies, various other events. One I'd like to mention was that EOFF Prom, the fact that people took it seriously really downgraded this site and makes us all look a little sad dont you think.You're worried about looking sad whilst posting on a role playing game forum on the internet?

escobert
02-06-2006, 03:20 AM
We've always had the prom/ciddies/elections it's not anything new really.

MecaKane
02-06-2006, 03:31 AM
If you're worried about it being downgraded and looking sad you can just leave you know. :o

Markus. D
02-06-2006, 03:40 AM
were a family, thus, the forum has to feed us with crapishly amusing events.

eestlinc
02-06-2006, 05:22 AM
EoFF has elections and ciddies
FFWA has tetris tournament
FFO has a secret Gen Chat forum

you be the judge

actually, didn't FFWA die?

Leeza
02-06-2006, 05:29 AM
A Secret Gen Chat forum? How elitist can you get!? :)

eestlinc
02-06-2006, 05:32 AM
well, you just can't see it until you have like 20 posts or two weeks of membership, or something.

Del Murder
02-06-2006, 05:40 AM
A Secret Gen Chat forum? How elitist can you get!? :)
I could top that.

Yamaneko
02-06-2006, 05:41 AM
Secret admin forum.

eestlinc
02-06-2006, 05:42 AM
you know there is one here.

Leeza
02-06-2006, 05:47 AM
But you're only a Knight, eest, so you can't <i>really</i> know. :shifty:

eestlinc
02-06-2006, 05:53 AM
but Yams knows.

Leeza
02-06-2006, 05:59 AM
Undoubtedly. :cat:

eestlinc
02-06-2006, 06:11 AM
actually, there probably isn't one because then Cid's Knights would have to be made forum moderators for every forum but it rather than just global moderators. Too much work. Plus, I think it would still show up on the forums list in the moderator control panel. I doubt you can hide forums from there.

Raistlin
02-06-2006, 06:14 AM
actually, there probably isn't one because then Cid's Knights would have to be made forum moderators for every forum but it rather than just global moderators. Too much work. Plus, I think it would still show up on the forums list in the moderator control panel. I doubt you can hide forums from there.
There was a hidden admin forum at FG back when I was stupid and adminned there. Although newer versions of vB might have changed that possibility.

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-06-2006, 06:31 AM
Basically, it goes like this.

EoFF is a place people come to to post with each other and just have fun.

Some members of EoFF, be they staff or otherwise, see this enthusiasm and rapport as a community (which indeed it is) and use it for fun events that, while not necessarily earth-shattering in significance, bring yet more enjoyment to the forums.

Thus, more people join the community and more people get involved with and enjoy these events.

We're doing these things because we like having fun. Nobody is forcing you to participate in it, and nobody is saying you have to like it.

I would like to point out, however, that you aren't really in a position to call any of the events "sad", because I'm sure there are plenty of people who could call just about anything you yourself enjoy sad. It's all subjective, and saying something is bad just because you personally don't think it's a good idea is a very frail argument.

We're EoFF. We have fun, we enjoy our time here, we talk to people, everybody's happy. Sure, people might complain about what we do or attempt to mock us (see: Something Awful), but you know what? We don't care. We're doing something we enjoy. And that's all that matters.

NeoCracker
02-06-2006, 06:37 AM
And may I point out the Something Awful thing was slightly ammusing

-N-
02-06-2006, 07:06 AM
How is this any less real than a youth club? Sometimes I wonder.

Old Manus
02-06-2006, 07:27 AM
We have no time for somethingawful sympathisers

Dignified Pauper
02-06-2006, 08:19 AM
I firmly believe in this voters rights to be heard. If he joins the Fat Chocobo party, we can directly help him.

Dreddz
02-06-2006, 09:25 AM
^^^ I have ^^^
Why have I got so much NEGATIVE feedback, Im just pointing out that EOFF is taking a little more seriously than other forums, Im not saying this in a negative or positive way. I only criticize that Prom, Honestly...
Online dates, we cant go down to the level of adolescent habbo users now ......

NeoCracker
02-06-2006, 09:50 AM
Um, I didn't think we took any of those events seriously. At all,

Dreddz
02-06-2006, 01:02 PM
Im gonna unearth that after party Prom thread and quote someone, then you'll see what Im talking about .....
EDIT :
It was fun! Except for when the people went drunk. Then we left(my prom date and I):p

NeoCracker
02-06-2006, 01:17 PM
Im gonna unearth that after party Prom thread and quote someone, then you'll see what Im talking about .....
EDIT :

For some reason I dought they were being serious. But of course I might be thinking the "Taking things to Seriously" thing the wrong way.

Psychotic
02-06-2006, 01:29 PM
And may I point out the Something Awful thing was slightly ammusingBy Something Awful's usual high standards, no, it wasn't. They ignored some of the much stupider stuff. Now, Fashion SWAT, that's comedy. I love you Dr. Thorpe!

Dreddz, if you were opposed to the prom, you should've invaded the thread with a spam attack, calling everyone who posted in it "n00b fags" or something. That's what happens on most of the "Not as serious as EoFF, allegedly!" forums on the internet.

Hawkeye
02-06-2006, 01:39 PM
I took the prom seriously. I sent PMs to thousands of people for their hand. Cause you know, EoFF prom.

Serious Business.

NeoCracker
02-06-2006, 02:17 PM
I took the prom seriously. I sent PMs to thousands of people for their hand. Cause you know, EoFF prom.

Serious Business.

Best Post here. Sarcasm is the bomb.

Shoeberto
02-06-2006, 02:18 PM
By Something Awful's usual high standards, no, it wasn't. They ignored some of the much stupider stuff. Now, Fashion SWAT, that's comedy. I love you Dr. Thorpe!
Hahaha Thorpe friggin' rox.

And the prom? Nothing sad about it. If you didn't want to take part in it, you didn't have to. Allie and I had a great time with it, and I'm sure others did too.

Raistlin
02-06-2006, 03:26 PM
If you're saying that EoFF takes things more seriously than other forums "not in a positive or negative way," then...why make this thread? This is the Feedback forum, not the "make idle comments about EoFF's atmosphere here" forum.

MecaKane
02-06-2006, 10:54 PM
This is the Feedback forum, not the "make idle comments about EoFF's atmosphere here" forum.

Eoff has a lof of people posting .......
discuss ............

Raistlin
02-06-2006, 10:58 PM
I'm not saying that in a positive or negative way, just that EoFF has a lot of people!

Crossblades
02-06-2006, 11:16 PM
you know there is one here.

Every forum has one. A forum isn't complete without one:)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-06-2006, 11:17 PM
By Something Awful's usual high standards, no, it wasn't. They ignored some of the much stupider stuff.It couldn't be helped. EoFF needs a Weekend Web every week for all the stupid crap it produces.
Now, Fashion SWAT, that's comedy. I love you Dr. Thorpe!Oh man I hear that.

Dignified Pauper
02-07-2006, 02:33 AM
I only take elections seriously. Other than that, the rest of the crap that happens here I tend to ignore. Except Ban Fest, Shenanigans, Ciddies, and well everything besides Prom.

Really, I love this place, and you should too, it's real life in here. We have people that fight with eachother then write about it on LJ, expecting no one to read it, why I made my own LJ post about it. funny stuff, I NO RITE!

escobert
02-07-2006, 03:23 AM
I only take elections seriously. Other than that, the rest of the crap that happens here I tend to ignore. Except Ban Fest, Shenanigans, Ciddies, and well everything besides Prom.

Really, I love this place, and you should too, it's real life in here. We have people that fight with eachother then write about it on LJ, expecting no one to read it, why I made my own LJ post about it. funny stuff, I NO RITE!
Geeze who would do that :rolleyes2

Miriel
02-07-2006, 03:24 AM
Geeze who would do that :rolleyes2
*jeez

-N-
02-07-2006, 04:23 AM
Geeze, don't be so grammar gestapo. :p

Dignified Pauper
02-07-2006, 01:36 PM
did someone say EGG?

Psychotic
02-07-2006, 02:15 PM
Remember when you PWNED all those EGG members in that really old thread, DP? Ooh, and when you won the Draw Britt contest, that was pretty great too! (personally I thought the naked stick figures on the beach should've won...) Man, those sure were the days, weren't they?

PS: Spiff was named Zell's Fists of Fury briefy after RSL Day, so I was totally referring to that.