PDA

View Full Version : Question for all FF7 BATTLE EXPERTS

Bart's Friend Milhouse
02-05-2006, 11:23 PM
hi everyone
simple problem
Ruby Weapon is taking absolutely ages to beat. I'm using the Dazer --> KOTR ---> mime tactic and sitting there waiting for about 2 minutes for each summon to come and before my second character gets the chance to mime he counters with Ultima. I only have one Ziedrich so two of my characters are bound to get hit. When I do get the chance to mime the HP of my characters is REAL low and I have not time to use the Megalixirs since he counters with Ultima again thus destroying the chain and my party. And to add further insult to injury I couldn't summon KOTR after four attempts (the option was grey (inactive) even though I had enough MP).
Can someone give me a few pointers?

yuno
02-06-2006, 12:56 PM
in my game,when i use dazers on ruby,i get to pull off the kotr and the mime,and it is only then that the stop status wears off,so ruby doesnt counter with ultima.maybe your battle speed is too fast.or your dexterity is too low.i dont remember putting my battle mode on wait,but it might help if you do that.equip your mystile (armor) if you have it.throw in some mastered hp+ materias if your hp is real low.your kotr might be at level 4 only,which means you can only summon kotr for 4 times.but it doesnt matter.when you are out of kotr,you can use your regular 4xcuts.

im quite sure that in my game,the stop status on ruby never wore off before the second kotr (thru the mime command) was finished.

Sephitachi7
02-06-2006, 01:09 PM
Try using W-summon materia and use Hades Summon and KOTR. Then just mime. That is always bulletproof. I even managed to keep all my characters alive with it.

Shin Gouken
02-06-2006, 07:08 PM
Attach HP absorb to your KOTR. Then you will be fully healed after the summon hits

Neco Arc
02-06-2006, 09:45 PM
beat emerald first to get master summon then use that instead the KOTR materia.

or you could try this:

master summon connected to mp turbo
KOTR connected to either hp absorb or mp absorb...

Bart's Friend Milhouse
02-06-2006, 09:52 PM
all that is good advice but my main problem is when he counters with Ultima. Have you any tips on how to boost dexterity?

Neco Arc
02-06-2006, 10:01 PM
equip mystiles to counteract ultima (there are two in the game)...
go to the gunken gelnika and morph poodlers into speed sources...

boys from the dwarf
02-07-2006, 07:51 AM
use KoTR and HP absorb together, have a mime materia , wear an accessory that gives you automatic haste(you can get one by winning the battle sqare and talking to the person outside.).then have pheonix and final attack together and a lot of speed and HP boosting materia.

yuno
02-07-2006, 08:02 AM
equip mystiles to counteract ultima (there are two in the game)...
actually,there are three.

Carl the Llama
02-14-2006, 06:20 AM
Its quite simple, first off kill off 2 of your characters and have a materia setup of this
KotR o=o HP Absorb
Mime o=o Counter (prefeably mastered)
W-Summon
Final Attack o=o Life 2

if you equip a Ribbon then his status ailments will be null so all you do is go in and KotR his ass till he dies.

TheSpoonyBard
02-14-2006, 11:48 AM
The Mystile and Aegis Armlet have higher MDef% than the Zeidrich. I think Dexterity only affects your Def%, not your MDef%.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
02-14-2006, 09:02 PM
thanks for the advice guys
as it turned out I beat Ruby last Friday thanks to some tips given here and some amending to the silly set-up i had beforehand.
Nonetheless still feel free to post any other worthy tactics that are worth mentioning to make the battle even easier or quicker!

Vincentsinnerdemon
02-15-2006, 02:27 AM
if you have a free spot on your characters u could use HP plus if ur hp is too low

Dell
02-19-2006, 07:20 AM
w-summon phoenix and KotR
three of them have mime
KotR is attached with HP absorb
best equipment for the party such as ribbon, mystile, fire ring, tetra-elemental e.t.c.

that's the tactic I use to win although phoenix will heal ruby (about 300-400) but a little is fine. You might consider combine two KotR

Alive-Cat
02-19-2006, 12:52 PM
If you PM me, I could give more setups, and even strategies for battle, but the main thing is, make sure 2 of your character's are dead. I'd call that common knowledge, though...
Here's 1 good setup:

Cloud-

Enhance Sword
Mystile
Ribbon

[In Weapon] Hades = Sneak Attack;
Master Summon = MP Absorb;
Knights of the Round = HP Absorb;
Final Attack = Revive;
[In Armor] Knights of the Round = Quadra Magic;
Enemy Skill = Magic Plus;
Speed Plus = W - Summon
Other party members dead from start of the battle, so Ruby puts his claws in the ground.