PDA

View Full Version : BLUE MAGE!

KagomJack
02-06-2006, 03:07 AM
I just read that the Blue Mage will be a job being introduced to FF XI! I cannot even begin to describe how much this makes me want to play the game again. I've said for the longest time to friends that a Blue Mage job would make this game totally kick-ass! Anyone got more info on this?

Crossblades
02-06-2006, 03:27 AM
It will be included in the next expansion

escobert
02-06-2006, 03:28 AM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=78177

Fayts
02-09-2006, 02:49 PM
will the blue mage for ff11 be like the one in ff5-6 i think thats the ones they are in

Gwelenguchenkus
02-09-2006, 05:47 PM
I'm willing to bet it will be hell trying to get all the Blue Magic. If you're not paying for your spells, you'll probably have to quest them. And lots of hellish questing there will be!

Ouch!
02-09-2006, 08:13 PM
I doubt you're going to learn blue magic through any sort of scrolls. Either you're going to have to be hit by the enemy's ability and survive or there will be a lancet-style ability like the one Kimahri used in FFX to learn his overdrive skills which was, essentially, blue magic. Quests wouldn't make any sense.

escobert
02-09-2006, 08:15 PM
I'm guessing your going to have to hunt down the monsters and survive the magic which, I kinda like. Yes it will be hard but it'll be fun anf you'll know what every one of the spells does before you even use it ^_^

Fayts
02-09-2006, 08:51 PM
I'm willing to bet it will be hell trying to get all the Blue Magic. If you're not paying for your spells, you'll probably have to quest them. And lots of hellish questing there will be!

thats wut i was thinking they would do or something like it. but still its going to be a cool job

Gwelenguchenkus
02-09-2006, 11:59 PM
I doubt you're going to learn blue magic through any sort of scrolls. Either you're going to have to be hit by the enemy's ability and survive or there will be a lancet-style ability like the one Kimahri used in FFX to learn his overdrive skills which was, essentially, blue magic. Quests wouldn't make any sense.

When I said questing, I meant a specil quest that puts you in a fight with a monster that you can learn that ability from. It doesn't have to be a scroll. I'm thinking that there might be unique monsters that are hard as hell that you have to fight to get the magic.

Vaprice
02-10-2006, 01:26 AM
If they make it like Kimhari's lancer ability I'd think it'd be a bit too easy to get spells/abilities. If they make you survive the ability by a mob then it'll be a lot tougher. Especially all of the higher lvled mobs/spells. But none the less it'll be good. FFXI is a difficult MMO, I hope the job will not dissapoint me.

chionos
02-10-2006, 02:38 AM
Lancet-like ability would not necessarily be too easy.
say for instance that Meteor is a BLU spell, it would be very very difficult to get bc there aren't many mobs in the game that cast Meteor(ie: the behemoths, hard to claim nm's: last KB pop on shiva there were 230 campers...more ppl in Behemoth's Dominion than in Lower Jeuno at the time)
the easier/basic spells you'll probably be able to get from regular mobs you can find all over the place, but the special ones, like meteor, will be found only on nm's and be much harder to get.

chronic_Maniac
02-10-2006, 04:26 AM
good example chionos but it doesn't apply to the other spells. I just gotta mention lancet was the easiest way to learn them next to surviving a hit. What about FF9's way of doing it. I don't remember the character's name but you had to eat them to get the spell. as for the scroll thing I think that would be the way they do it. seeing that you will either have to buy the spell or get the rare drop from a monster. either way I hope it will have a good cure spell as well as a few elemental spells. I'm so looking forward to might guard btw.

Del Murder
02-11-2006, 04:24 AM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=78177