PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VII-Best Square Game?

SEPHIROTH_CLONE_666
02-06-2006, 11:03 PM
Sure, it had the best sales, and it's my favorite...*cough*sephiroth*cough*... but what do you think? Was there a better FF game? :confused:

raskerino
02-06-2006, 11:10 PM
Yes... FFVIII.

Lost Number
02-06-2006, 11:13 PM
No. FF7 is my PERSONAL favourite. But its a close thing...I LIKE THEM ALL!

SEPHIROTH_CLONE_666
02-06-2006, 11:13 PM
See, I have to disagree. FFVIII was too military-oriented...the whole 'draw' thing rubbed me the wrong way, too.

Lost Number
02-06-2006, 11:15 PM
I think draw was innovative.

SEPHIROTH_CLONE_666
02-06-2006, 11:18 PM
I think draw was innovative.

Innovative, yes, but not very convinient... you have to worry about how many of the spell you have at all times. To me, that's just too difficult. I want to play the game, not worry about if I dont have enough 'fire' spells.

Lost Number
02-06-2006, 11:20 PM
Compared to MP and materia?

SEPHIROTH_CLONE_666
02-06-2006, 11:23 PM
Compared to MP and materia?

Yes. You always know if you have the spell or not, and if you don't have MP you can always buy something to restore it. Whereas with draw, you always have to track down a monster to get the spell back.

Lost Number
02-06-2006, 11:25 PM
But junctioning gives even more stats. So NOT using spells make you better in melee.

SEPHIROTH_CLONE_666
02-06-2006, 11:29 PM
But junctioning gives even more stats. So NOT using spells make you better in melee.

True, but for those who PREFER magic, it can be rather annoying.

Dreddz
02-06-2006, 11:30 PM
No, FFVII is the best, there will always be people that think otherwise, and hear how great FFVII, them thinking they know better, will continue to point out reasons why FFVII is overrated, not very good etc. While there are far more reasons why the FF that they consider best, is not very good.
Why cant people just get it through there skulls that FFVII, maybe, just maybe, be the greatest game ever ....

Crossblades
02-06-2006, 11:32 PM
Sure, it had the best sales, and it's my favorite...*cough*sephiroth*cough*... but what do you think? Was there a better FF game? :confused:

Yeah

FF I, II, III, IV, V, and VI

TheAbominatrix
02-06-2006, 11:35 PM
No, FFVII is the best, there will always be people that think otherwise, and hear how great FFVII, them thinking they know better, will continue to point out reasons why FFVII is overrated, not very good etc. While there are far more reasons why the FF that they consider best, is not very good.
Why cant people just get it through there skulls that FFVII, maybe, just maybe, be the greatest game ever ....

Yeah, what total retards people are for having a different opinion.

Anyway, closed-minded VII-fanatics aside, I feel its a pretty good game. Certainly not their best though. At least, not in my opinion.

Jowy
02-06-2006, 11:46 PM
Best game by Squeenix? I don't think so. Most revolutionary game by Squeenix? By far. It opened the floodgates for RPGs, and drew in a larger crowd to the once nerdy RPG genre. FFVII was the last Final Fantasy game that I enjoyed from start to finish, and I hope that FFXII gives the series the same flair that it used to have.

TheSpoonyBard
02-07-2006, 12:05 AM
Jowy, FFVII is by Squaresoft, not Square-Enix.

In my opinion FFVIII is the best, with FFIX and FFVI coming in joint second.

Jowy
02-07-2006, 01:46 AM
Still the same company. They just merged with another and changed the name. That's like saying the old EB Games down the street that became a GameStop is still an EB Games.

materia_master
02-07-2006, 02:55 AM
VII is my favorite, VIII was decent but just never caught me like VII, IX or X did.

starseeker
02-07-2006, 06:12 PM
I think VII was the best, I got really involved with the storyline. VI is a close second though.

SrBehemoth
02-15-2006, 07:16 PM
:mog: the problem here is the there is some decsension in our ranks. this is a website dedicated to what we all can agree is the best series of video games ever. who cares which in the series is the best, thats wat makes the series soo great the fact that each game is a diferent experience and those of us that perfer different elements of each game just need to choose the best one for their style. if you like cuztomizing yur party, and having a different experience each time you play, theres ff i, iii, v, x-2, and tactics. for those that prefer a more regimented linear gameplay with static(albeit awesome characters) the tend to perfer the others. there are other examples, and that why we all know that final fantasy does and will awesome kick the ass of every other game made.:mog:

vampirepiggyhunter7
02-15-2006, 07:35 PM
I wouldnt say so but now that Im starting to think back on it Im beginning to appreciate it more.

Skyblade
02-15-2006, 09:10 PM
FFVII had the best magic/skill system of any Square/Squaresoft/Square-Enix game. The Materia system was easily the best. Sure, the Junction system of VIII was great for maxing stats easily, but it eliminated the usefullness of magic, and it also got rid of a ton of the really cool abilities that dominated in VII. 4xCut, Slash-All, Deathblow, Morph, and of course Mime.

Was VII the best game? Much more difficult decision. It was one of the better games, no doubt, being well rounded in terms of plot, characters, graphics, sound, and gameplay, but I won't comment on whether or not it was the best.

I Don't Need A Name
02-15-2006, 09:24 PM
No way! never the best square game. i admit it is a great game, but has many downfalls. too many

a nirvana fan
02-15-2006, 10:11 PM
FINAL FANTASY VII is not only the best square game, it's THEE best game of all time in my opinion.:D :D

Setzer Gabianni
02-15-2006, 10:15 PM
Seriously, there is no BEST FF game!

FFVII > FFVIII XD

~Setzer Gabianni

cloud_doll
02-15-2006, 10:31 PM
I favor FFVII, but i havent played ALL of the FF games, only I, II, VII, VIII, VIX, VX soo...

Aaron.m
02-15-2006, 10:35 PM
my personal fave is also ffVII, i thought it had the best storyline and although the charaters looked square.... i liked the fact that they were square.

DMKA
02-15-2006, 10:59 PM
FFVII is my favorite, but I think Xenogears is better.

Neco Arc
02-16-2006, 09:53 AM
FFVII is a really good Square game, probably tied with FFVI for my favorite Final Fantasy game. However it isn't my favorite Square game.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
02-16-2006, 11:48 AM
i can never decide which is my favourite between 7 and 10, i think 10 probably tops it just, but only becuse it has graphics and wot not that weren't available when 7 was made. i think if 7 got remade n ps3 i would need a serious rethink.

cloud_doll
02-16-2006, 10:38 PM
lol DMKA's sig is funny

Nick Schovitz
02-16-2006, 11:19 PM
Innovative, yes, but not very convinient... you have to worry about how many of the spell you have at all times. To me, that's just too difficult. I want to play the game, not worry about if I dont have enough 'fire' spells.

Nah, you can just cast fire from your opponet instead of using it from your stock and I go with VIII and IX as my favorite FFs, Squaresoft chooses VII for some reason, I would've thought it would be the original since it saved their butts from retirement. But I would rather much see a FFVIII movie and a sequal for FFIX rather than VII or X.

Rengori
02-16-2006, 11:59 PM
Have you not heard of Final Fantasy VI?

Hinky the Pickle
02-17-2006, 04:06 AM
Having played every mainstream Final Fantasy game to date I can safely say FFVII is not the best Final Fantasy game. It's probably somewhere in the top 5, but it certainly doesn't deserve top honours. FFIX on the other hand... classic.

Dell
02-20-2006, 02:15 PM
I liked both FFVII and FFVIII, I like FFIX the first followed by both of these two games. FFVIII is not military like, its love type, it's a great game. I never played FFVIII but I enjoyed it with my friend tutorials. FFVII is also a great game with changes in graphic and I like the storyline. I honestly don't like FFVIII storyline but it was okay for me.