PDA

View Full Version : Just seen Coheed live..

Cuchulainn
02-07-2006, 04:37 AM
...and might I say what a gig. His hair was bigger than the stage & the only way of telling there was other band members behind that MOON OF HAIR was the odd furball coughed into the crowd from behind him on the high notes. EVEN SO, sweet set.

The backing was from Belfast. A band who's name I forget with a set I forgot quicker. They looked about 12.

Incidentially, the amount of ex girlfriends you meet at gigs is amazing...and yet...awkward at the same time. You KNOW you gotta say hello but after that...it's pretty much up to the tides. Saying 'and this is my wife Kira' normally ends it 'You're married???' shuffle off dear, evolution is waiting.

Anyway...been to any good gigs lately? What's your star sign?

-N-
02-07-2006, 04:49 AM
Last good gig I went to was a Blackalicious show in Los Angeles at the Troubadour - on the day of the release of The Craft. We were so close he spit on us. So we took his extra water bottle afterwards. :p

Can't say I've had the ex-gf problem, but I've run into old friends at Coachella Valley and other huge places like that. I don't know what you mean by star sign though. :p

Good to see you back, Cuchulainn. You should join me in the Fat Chocobo party.

eestlinc
02-07-2006, 04:56 AM
last good show I saw was Medeski Martin and Wood. I'm seeing Black Rebel Motorcycle Club at the end of the month and Animal Collective in March.

Neel, don't advertise in here.

Cuchulainn
02-07-2006, 11:19 AM
Stop trying to pimp your party in the guise of a welcome Kneel you may fool the fish but not I. Psh.

Madame Adequate
02-07-2006, 12:36 PM
The only concert I've ever seen (Aside from some crap BBC 'Party in the Park' crap.) was Jason Mraz. Now, he was accomplished and whatnot, but as I anticipated the entire atmosphere was horrible and I had absolutely no fun whatsoever.

TheSpoonyBard
02-07-2006, 01:08 PM
Does Reading '04 count as a gig?

Epiphany
02-07-2006, 01:22 PM
The last good concert I went to was all the way back in October of '04. Went to see Children of Bodom, with Fear Factory, Throwdown, and Lamb of God in Tampa, Florida. I was a very happy camper, except that in metal concerts, the heat of Florida itself gets increased tenfold.
I've never met any ex-relationships at gigs, but there were many times where I'd seen friends that I had had a fairly huge arguement with, so it wasn't very pleasent.

JackNapier
02-07-2006, 08:30 PM
Last concert I went to was Gigantour '05 in Montreal. It was pretty awesome but the set up was kinda weak. PS:Coheed are awesome.

Pure Strife
02-07-2006, 08:42 PM
Last great gig I saw was Corrosion Of Conformity, playing with Clutch and Stinking Lizaveta. That was easily one of the best gigs I've seen, COC even made the venue get rid of the barrier between the stage and the floor. Stinking Lizaveta opened and instantly became a band I had to check out, Clutch were the highlight because I love them, and COC were just awesome, even breaking the rules (and law) to play an encore.

And you're a lucky so and so, I was going to see C&C but Manchester sol out.