PDA

View Full Version : I've got a Final Fantasy plot idea!

Peter_20
02-07-2006, 11:32 AM
I was thinking about this plot right now, and I thought it was very dark and pretty cool:

In the beginning, there's this common Final Fantasy-ish style to it all, pretty much like FF9.
However, one day a dark power makes different kingdoms and cities making war upon each other, and evil rises between all sorts of people.
The evil aspects start off slowly, but go more and more perilous.
This dark power is very unknown at first, and all that we know is that SOMETHING out there makes people go mad.
Its goal is to make everybody destroy each other, and so on.

I think this plot has got some potential, but I'm not fully sure.

The Devourer Of Worlds
02-07-2006, 05:26 PM

That's pretty much the Mist from FFIX...

Peter_20
02-07-2006, 06:20 PM

That's pretty much the Mist from FFIX...Damn it, forgot that part.

Well, I'm pretty inspired by Morgoth from that Tolkien book "The Silmarillion"; he spread evil everywhere,
pestilences and all that weird stuff. :rolleyes2:D

Lychon
02-07-2006, 06:58 PM
1.) If you put original plot details on these forums, someone will steal it and make millions, i.e. me. :D
2.) That plot is like EVERY Final Fantasy and RPG out there. Plus a bunch of horror movies.
3.) My recommendation: New plot which is at least more complicated than same old evil power trying to destroy the world.

DJZen
02-07-2006, 09:19 PM
What about a benevolent force that is so misguided that it is going to unwittingly destroy the world with its hijinks and tomfoolery?

YTDN
02-07-2006, 09:38 PM
I did have a really good plot idea, but I hsall not tell you, because then you will steal it.

...ahh, screw it, here it is.

So you've got your world, and these demons that attack it. The world is basically used to it, but suddenly they start being a hell of a lot more vicious. Cue female lead, part human, part demon. Demon leader tried to control her, but then male lead saves her. Then go on a quest to detsoy damon leader, with female lead occasionaly going nuts with power and destroying stuff.

.. basically.

Flake
02-07-2006, 10:57 PM
How about.....
Hero lives in town.Town gets attacked.Hero must become a man.
Now you must fight the evil army who attacked your town with a rag tag group of adventuers.

Yeah I know it's been done,but I love RPG's that have small groups against armies. :)

RaidenWeb17
02-07-2006, 11:57 PM
what about:

you do something that messes with your mind exept that you think everything is normal. Then a zombie army attacks your town and destroys it and you kill off some of the zombie army. Then you flee to nearest town and then zombie army attacks you and destroys that town. Then you vow to destroy the zombie army and all of the undead. The zom army then takes over everything and you go around sneaking into the castles and killing the zombie general inside each town.

do that for a while

then you find out that there was no zombie army, you just went crazy. When you thought you were killing zombies you were killing the townspeople, and the zombie generals were really that towns king and queen. You realize that you have killed off half the world's nations and the other half is on a manhunt to kill you.

Someone steal that and go crazy with it.

Prancing Mad
02-08-2006, 12:08 AM
I like it lol. Mine had a spin on it, although it was a series. in the first one, you kill the "dark god" and then, yo ufind out you screwed up by doing that in the series after.

Vyk
02-08-2006, 02:59 AM
I did have a really good plot idea, but I hsall not tell you, because then you will steal it.

...ahh, screw it, here it is.

So you've got your world, and these demons that attack it. The world is basically used to it, but suddenly they start being a hell of a lot more vicious. Cue female lead, part human, part demon. Demon leader tried to control her, but then male lead saves her. Then go on a quest to detsoy damon leader, with female lead occasionaly going nuts with power and destroying stuff.

.. basically.
As much as I hate how lame and cliched these threads always end up being since nobody knows how to come up with (let alone write) a good story. For just a short little blurb, I actually like that. Even if it is cliched with the man saves special lady, the special lady never goes periodically insane. Good call

YTDN
02-08-2006, 04:54 PM
As much as I hate how lame and cliched these threads always end up being since nobody knows how to come up with (let alone write) a good story. For just a short little blurb, I actually like that. Even if it is cliched with the man saves special lady, the special lady never goes periodically insane. Good call

Thanks. Please don't steal that idea.

At least this isn't the roleplay boards on Neopets. Basically, if you come up with a half decent story, within five hours about ten n00bs have already stolen your idea. talk about gratidude!

Vyk
02-08-2006, 05:27 PM
At least it won't become anything. I used to be a writer, I can come up with my own ideas ^_~

Lychon
02-09-2006, 06:57 AM
What about a benevolent force that is so misguided that it is going to unwittingly destroy the world with its hijinks and tomfoolery?

That's called the antiChrist, and the idea is already out there.