PDA

View Full Version : How many FF games on ps2?

NeW2FF
02-07-2006, 07:19 PM
Can I get every Final Fantasy game on the ps2? I have just become interested in the ff games, but I own a xbox, and am wondering if I buy a ps2, will I be able to play FF1-12? Also could you list all the Final Fantasy games and the collections you can find them in to buy. Just any help on buying the games would be appriecated.

boris no no
02-07-2006, 07:22 PM
You can now in the UK
But not XI

List all the FF game?
Erm....I to X
then X-2
and XII soon

Flying Mullet
02-07-2006, 07:24 PM
You can play all of them except for FFIII on the PS2.
Final Fantasy I (Final Fantasy Origins) - PS1
Final Fantasy II (Final Fantasy Origins) - PS1
Final Fantasy IV (Final Fantasy Chronicles) - PS1
Final Fantasy V (Final Fantasy Anthology) - PS1
Final Fantasy VI (Final Fantasy Anthology) - PS1
Final Fantasy VII - PS1
Final Fantasy VIII - PS1
Final Fantasy IX - PS1
Final Fantasy X - PS2
Final Fantasy X-2 - PS2
Final Fantasy XI - PS2
Final Fantasy XII - PS2 (release date is later this year)

boris no no
02-07-2006, 07:25 PM
Not FFIII?
I'm pretty sure I've seen it....x___x I'm going mad

Leeza
02-07-2006, 07:26 PM
Not the real FFIII. Only FFVI, which is the fake FFIII.

Flying Mullet
02-07-2006, 07:31 PM
FFIII is currently in the works for being re-released on the DS.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
02-07-2006, 08:05 PM
Final Fantasy VII - PS1
Final Fantasy VIII - PS1
Final Fantasy IX - PS1
Final Fantasy X - PS2
Final Fantasy X-2 - PS2
Final Fantasy XI - PS2

err where exactly are these collections available from?

Flying Mullet
02-07-2006, 08:13 PM
Most used game stores have them. To compile the list I just searched on "Final Fantasy" at www.gamestop.com.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
02-07-2006, 08:22 PM
is it possible to get some of this stuff on ebay or amazon (sites I'm already registered with)

Flying Mullet
02-07-2006, 08:28 PM
Check and see. I know that you can find all of this stuff on eBay. Not sure about Amazon though.

NeW2FF
02-07-2006, 08:56 PM
thanks, how many of these titles are discontinued, meaning I have to buy them used? Also, will FF3 go to ps2?

DJZen
02-07-2006, 09:03 PM
As far as I know, anything for the PS1 has been discontinued at this point. FFX and FFX-2 are both on greatest hits, so you can probably still buy them new. Support for FFXI for PS2 has been dropped, so you'll have to scramble to find it, and even harder to find the Chains of Promathia expansion. You can still register a new account for it and play it, but there aren't going to be any more new units made, meaning the number of PS2 players is now finite. It'd be a LOT easier (and cheaper) to buy the PC version. FFIII may or may not come to the PS2. There have no announcements regarding this possibility. I wouldn't be too shocked if it did though.

NeW2FF
02-07-2006, 10:25 PM
Thanks, I'm not going to bother playing the online Final Fantasy game because I don't want to pay a monthly fee and I want to try beating the others.

Can someone make a list in order of how to play the final fantasy games, and watch the movies? I don't know where they fit and where Final Fantasy Tactics goes in the series? thanks.

Please do not post more than once in a row. Use the edit/delete button if you wish to add something. ~ Leeza

Crossblades
02-07-2006, 10:43 PM
Final Fantasy VII - PS1
Final Fantasy VIII - PS1
Final Fantasy IX - PS1
Final Fantasy X - PS2
Final Fantasy X-2 - PS2
Final Fantasy XI - PS2

You forgot to add FF VII Dirge of Cerberus and FFT to that list

Flake
02-07-2006, 10:53 PM
Final fantasy doesnt go in a order.
Each game is a brand new story with new characters and set in a new world.

Crossblades
02-07-2006, 11:17 PM
Final fantasy doesnt go in a order.
Each game is a brand new story with new characters and set in a new world.

The only exceptions are FF X, X-2, VII and DoC

NeW2FF
02-08-2006, 12:33 AM
Thanks guys, I think I will pick up a ps2 sometime soon, because I really want to play Resident evil series, Final Fantasy series, Kingdom Heart series, The chrono series sounds interesting also. What are other must-buy games for ps2?

raskerino
02-08-2006, 01:10 AM
Shadow of the Colossus in not an rpg, but it is so amazing. You should read reviews of it, it just has this unbelievable feel. I'll let someone else describe this.

My other fave PS2 series is Shadow Hearts, specifically Shadow Hearts: Covenant mixes jokes with a wonderful storyline based around great characters to the point where it is my favorite ps2 game. It's battle sytem is also a joy to play.

NeW2FF
02-08-2006, 03:16 AM
Thanks for all the information, now I just have to decide if I want to buy a ps2, they are cheap now, and have lots of great rpg titles I would like to play.... but I'm still undecided as there are lots of other things on my *list*. lol

DeathKnight
02-08-2006, 02:24 PM
You forgot to add FF VII Dirge of Cerberus and FFT to that list

and Eiheizer!(if that's how you spell it) you peeps remember that fighting game squaresoft released on the PS1 right???:D lol what a crappy game, I wish they did that again with ALL FF characters, or at least between FF VII-XII..with decent fighting mechanics.

Vyk
02-08-2006, 05:52 PM
Well it wasn't made by Squaresoft, it was published by Squaresoft, and given permission (or told) to put FF7 characters in to increase the chance of sales. It was called Ergheiz. You kinda got the name mixed up with Einhander, a shootet put out by Squaresoft (I don't know what their obsession is with German names)

starseeker
02-08-2006, 06:03 PM
Was IV ever released for the PS2 in Europe? Apparently the FF Chronicles package wasn't released over here.

Mirage
02-08-2006, 06:08 PM
As far as I know, anything for the PS1 has been discontinued at this point. FFX and FFX-2 are both on greatest hits, so you can probably still buy them new. Support for FFXI for PS2 has been dropped, so you'll have to scramble to find it, and even harder to find the Chains of Promathia expansion. You can still register a new account for it and play it, but there aren't going to be any more new units made, meaning the number of PS2 players is now finite. It'd be a LOT easier (and cheaper) to buy the PC version. FFIII may or may not come to the PS2. There have no announcements regarding this possibility. I wouldn't be too shocked if it did though.
I still see FF Origins, FF Anthology in stores. FF7, 8 and 9 now and then too.

You don't have to get FF11 for the PS2 anyway, it runs better on new PCs. You don't compete too much in FFXI either, it's mainly focused on cooperation.

NeW2FF
02-08-2006, 10:15 PM
I have wanted a new handheld, and I thought PSP, because it can do so much, but who really needs to do all that in a handheld? The DS is half the price, and seems like a great machine. I can get a ps2 and a DS for the price of a PSP which it seems like I will be doing.. Thanks for the help with the FF games.
How many are available on Gameboy/DS:
I know there is Tactics advance

NeW2FF
02-08-2006, 11:23 PM
Grrrr, now I hear that there is a DS LITE coming out, and not sure if I should wait for that!! Any ideas when the American/Canadian Release date is and the american/canadian price range?

Crossblades
02-08-2006, 11:32 PM
For the GBA there is...

Final Fantasy I and II Dawn of Souls
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

Final Fantasy V and VI will also be released this year for the GBA

Final Fantasy III will be released for the DS

And don't double post. If you have something else to say, edit your post

NeW2FF
02-09-2006, 12:55 AM
allright, thanks sorry about that. Should of read the forum rules or something. Does the game final fantasy mystic quest count as part of the series? No one has included it in their list, I saw it on a website. Also is the crystal chronicles game coming out for ds, the same as the gamecube version or a sequel to it? One more.. lol, Is the Before Crisis, and Crisis Core game set to be released on the DS or GBA? How can someone obtain this game when it comes to USA?

Starboard Regulator FlareNUKE
02-09-2006, 02:00 AM
There's X, XI, XII is coming out... that's it... if you include the PS1 then there is VII, VIII, IX, Chocobo game 2 and 3... and some PocketStation Games if you import

Crossblades
02-09-2006, 07:17 PM
allright, thanks sorry about that. Should of read the forum rules or something. Does the game final fantasy mystic quest count as part of the series? No one has included it in their list, I saw it on a website. Also is the crystal chronicles game coming out for ds, the same as the gamecube version or a sequel to it? One more.. lol, Is the Before Crisis, and Crisis Core game set to be released on the DS or GBA? How can someone obtain this game when it comes to USA?

Mystic Quest is a spinoff FF released for the SNES. It's an RPG for beginners

CC is supposedly a sequel released for the DS and the Revolution

Before Crisis is a cell phone RPG that features the Turks and Crisis Core is being released for the PSP as a prequel to FF VII

NeW2FF
02-09-2006, 10:21 PM
Allright, so If i get CC for the ds I won't really understand it because I haven't played the original? They should release the sequel and the original if this is the case, because I don't want to buy a gc.

Vyk
02-10-2006, 01:05 AM
I have the original. I don't recall there being much story. I don't think you'd be missing much.

Crossblades
02-10-2006, 02:10 AM
Allright, so If i get CC for the ds I won't really understand it because I haven't played the original? They should release the sequel and the original if this is the case, because I don't want to buy a gc.

NONE of the FFs have nothing to do with each other except for FF X and X-2. Each FF game has a different story and characters. Not much is known about the FFCC sequel, but I know for sure it will have an entirely different story from the GC version

NeW2FF
02-14-2006, 04:02 AM
I have made the decision that I am getting a DS Lite, but I am still unsure about a ps2 while i have a pc. I read you get can FF7 and FF8 on the pc. Are these the only ones besides XI?? Also, dont list the pre-playstation ones because i can get them on ds/gba

DJZen
02-14-2006, 06:05 PM
Try not to confuse the two CCs.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
A Gamecube FF spinoff. It is not an RPG, it is an adventure game. It was controversial because the multiplayer mode required everyone to have a GBA and GBA link cable. Depending on who you ask, this is either Nintendo, Square or Enix's method of screwing over their loyal fans for a quick buck.

Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
Not much is known about this game, but it is supposedly a prequel to FFVII. Because it is set BEFORE FFVII, you won't need to play FFVII first, but it will probably contain references to FFVII that you would miss out on if you hadn't played it. It will be coming out for the PSP. Very little is known about this title.

NeW2FF
02-15-2006, 01:31 AM
ok... are there any ff games on the pc besides 1-8.....like IX,X,X-2, or XII??

Dreddz
02-15-2006, 01:36 AM
You could emulate them, other than that though, sorry theres not.

DJZen
02-15-2006, 02:19 AM
Yeah, FFXI is on the PC. That's what most of the US players play it on.

NeW2FF
02-15-2006, 10:44 PM
Forgot to mention to exclude XI.. are 9,10,10-2,12 on the pc?? And is FF7 and 8 easy to find (pc version.)

Carmilla
02-24-2006, 12:14 AM
Just 7, 8, and 11 are on the PC. Thats it.
And no, part 7 and 8 are hard to find on the PC. You will probably have to get them on ebay for like $30 each.

Dude, just get the PS2. It has FF 1-12 on it, excluding FF part 3 which has never been released yet. It is so worth it just for those games and not even including all the other good non-FF games.

Also, i think its quite funny how each system got three Final Fantasy releases.

FF 1/2/3 = NES
FF 4/5/6 = Super Nes
FF 7/8/9 = PS
FF 10/11/12 = PS2
FF 13 = ?