PDA

View Full Version : Which DS games do YOU have?

Shaun
02-08-2006, 02:22 PM
I only had two DS games...until Saturday! Before I had:

Nintendogs
Wario Ware Touched!

On Saturday, as they had no (musical) keyboards in town, and I didn't want to go back empty-handed, I got four DS games. I now own...

Advance Wars: Dual Strike
Mario Kart DS
Nintendogs
Project Rub (Or Feel the Magic XY XX)
Super Mario 64 DS
Wario Ware Touched!

Do you think I bought the right games? The four of them that I got on Saturday added to £100, so I think it was a pretty good deal, but what other DS games do you recommend I try?

And like the title suggests, which DS games do you own?

EDIT: Oops, I just realised that I used 'Twisted' instead of 'Touched'. Wario Ware Twisted is still NOT out for the GBA!! Gee. After a year!

Crossblades
02-08-2006, 02:26 PM
None :(

Mo-Nercy
02-08-2006, 02:28 PM
I HAVE NONE!

I reckon Advance Wars: DS is a must-buy. And Mario Kart is also pretty high up on the 'needs and wants' list if you're a Nintendo fanboy. I don't know anything about Super Mario 64 DS, but it sounds like it has a bit of a identity problem.

Project Rub is just plain inappropriate. My soul has been tainted by the silhouette of suggestiveness!

Rase
02-08-2006, 02:42 PM
Seeing as how I just got one about four days ago, I only have two games: Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time and Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow. But oh, what games they are. :)

Shaun
02-08-2006, 03:13 PM
Well, if I had to give a wee summary...

Advance Wars: DS - Yeah, totally a must-buy. It's like one of those "one more go" games multiplied to twenty! XD! It's simply the best turn-based strategy there is. It's best if you've played the first Advance Wars at least as you'll have learnt a lot more (and you'll only be getting A and S ranks in Campaign like me) but nonetheless - you'll love it. It lasts ages with tons of extras, it's got great audio, the visuals are great in their own style. You MUST buy this if you have a DS!

http://www.dnainternet.fi/pic/pelit/konsolit/uutiset/advance_wars_ds_1_050705.jpg

Mario Kart DS - Well, in many ways, the Nintendo fanboy will love this. If you've played the previous Mario Kart games, you'll find many tracks from them in this new version, and there's some greatly-detailed new tracks, of course. It's got a very nice control method, and it's great fun, but I haven't played Wi-Fi yet, and I don't even know if my nearby McDonald's does it. However, it does have its disadvantages. I mean, these are small things, but they annoy me. The voice acting. Why!? You only hear it briefly, but you listen to some of the voice samples and think: "What the hell!?" Then there's also all these new characters Nintendo are trying to introduce, or keeping the fairly new ones in (like the uber-annoying Waluigi). Overall, a great game though, that you should buy.

http://gc.advancedmn.com/images/media/051104_mario-kart-ds_ss-02.jpg

Nintendogs - I actually got this because it came with the DS, and buying the Nintendogs package worked out cheaper than buying the original package. I considered the whole "non-game" concept before buying it. It's okay, it depends what you're looking for. It will probably piss you off though. You can't even go to college for so many hours without seeing to your dogs as they'll go to "famished" and "dehydrated" status or whatever. But meh, this game can appeal to anyone. It's hard to explain how it might appeal to you (God, that was a crap summary).

http://www.armchairempire.com/images/Reviews/ds/nintendogs/nintendogs-2.jpg

Project Rub - I didn't really know what to expect upon buying this. I only got it because I had a spare tenner, and guess what? The game was £9.99, brand new. So, I found it to be an offer I simply couldn't refuse. One of the great things that really makes Project Rub stand out is its graphical style. It uses flat-shading, and it's really...interesting, and different. However, gameplay-wise, whilst I expected to be using the stylus to do something, hence the name.

I didn't expect the game to offer me to touch some random girl's breasts with the stylus. I don't really approve of that stuff. I mean, if you thought that Dead or Alive showed girls as objects, think again. But putting that aside, some of the mini-games that Project Rub has to offer are quite fun. You'll find yourself escaping from the inside of some giant snake, performing some kind of dance to 'impress' the girl, and tons of crazy stuff. Well, it's okay. You might like it, you might not. Like marmite, or something.

http://gfx.dagbladet.no/pub/artikkel/4/42/425/425930/project_bilde.jpg

Super Mario 64 DS - Now, this truly is a gaming gen. Controlling Mario in 3D, in these totally amazing, creative levels on the Nintendo 64, in my opinion, at the time, was revolutionary. I cannot stress how fun Mario 64 was back then. One of the greatest games of all time, surely. Mario 64 DS expands on the game, and does it well. Now, you'll not only be controlling Mario, but Luigi, Wario and Yoshi help out too. They all have unique abilities and come in handy for certain parts of the game. Then there's multiplayer! And tons of mini-games that put the stylus/touch-screen to use. Buy it!

http://www.armchairempire.com/images/Reviews/ds/super-mario-64-ds/super-mario-64-ds-4.jpg

Wario Ware Touched! - This is the first DS game I played, and it still remains one of my favourites. The game, as you may know, is made up of hundreds of 'micro-games' and how the hell the developers thought of some of these micro-games is beyond me. If you've played any of the previous Wario Wares, you'll know what to expect. The real difference in this is that you'll be using the touch-screen. It's just so much fun. Then there's the microphone. It won't last forever, but in the time that it does, it's a real blast.

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2005/041/reviews/920757_20050210_screen015.jpg

Phew.

Jebus
02-08-2006, 03:30 PM
Right now I just have:

Mario Kart DS
Trauma Center: Under the Knife
Wario Ware: Touched

I've been looking nearly everywhere for Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, but I can't find it anywhere except Amazon.com or eBay. It's $60 used on Amazon, and I'm not buying anything off eBay.

Shaun
02-08-2006, 03:45 PM
Trauma Center is one that I'm looking forward to, but it's not out in the U.K. yet. Though I guess I could import it, but I don't really have the time to set up a Paypal account or whatever...

Zeldy
02-08-2006, 04:13 PM
Well, I'll combine myn and my brothers collection.

Another Code
Mario Kart DS
Animal Crossing
Nintendogs
Mario & Luigi partners in time
Sonic Rush
Super Mario DS
Advance Wars
Wario Ware touched
Castlevania

But im currently playing the Spyro game. Ive completed Another Code and swapped games with my friend. My brother says It was an unfair trade on my terms :p But its not so bad! and its the only game she had that I didn't.

Kawaii Ryûkishi
02-08-2006, 05:34 PM
Have
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Kirby Canvas Curse
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
Have to get
WarioWare Touched!
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
And then coming up there's
Tetris DS
Children of Mana
Final Fantasy III
Castlevania DS 2

ljkkjlcm9
02-08-2006, 05:53 PM
Mario + Luigi
Megaman Double Team
Mario 64
Advance Wars
Mario Kart
Meteos

Next on my list are Castlevania, and Metroid Prime Hunters when it's released

EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE METEOS!!!!

THE JACKEL

Lindy
02-08-2006, 06:20 PM
Advance Wars : Dual Strike
Castlevania : Dawn of Sorrow
Nintendogs! Labrador and Friends
Mario Kart DS
Sonic Rush

US Versions :
Kirby Canvas Curse
Phoenix Wright : Ace Attorney
Trauma Center : Under the Knife

I'm aware that Canvas Curse (under the name of Power Paintbrush) is out in the UK, but Xander bought me it and the US version is much nicer.

Trauma Center is out here in March too, but I can't wait that long for a game that is just SO awesome.

I gotta pick up Partners in Time at some point too, since I loved Superstar Saga.

Black Mage
02-08-2006, 06:21 PM
I have:

Super Mario Bros 64 DS
Super Mario Kart DS
Kirby Canvas Curse
Jump Superstars

Need to get:

Meteos
Advance Wars DS
Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan
Sonic Rush

Upcoming:

Super Princess Peach
Children of Mana
Tetris DS
Final Fantasy III DS
Vandal Hearts
Xenosaga I & II

Tifa's Real Lover(really
02-08-2006, 08:03 PM
i dont like 4

Endless
02-08-2006, 08:46 PM
I have:
- Mario 64 DS
- Mister Driller: Drill Spirits
- Advance Wars DS <-- <3
- Meteos <-- <3
- Mario Kart DS <-- <3<3
- Puyo Puyo Fever 2 <-- <3<3

Edit: I need to get Children of Mana. Yes. Mana <3<3<3

Vermachtnis
02-08-2006, 08:47 PM
Animal Crossing: Wild World (I'm stuck at the final boss)
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (100% Souls, Map, Hard)
Lunar: Dragon Song (Half-way through Dragonmaster story arc)
Mario Kart DS (Unlocked all character and barely done any missions)
Megaman.EXE 5 Double Team (ForteCrossRock is so freakin' awesome)
Super Mario 64DS (Yay nostalgia)

Seriesly, I need help with the final boss of Animal Crossing. He keeps killing off Resitti in one hit. Bob and Agent S can barely even make it to him. Stupid Nintendo, making the Nookfather so freaking hard.

I wanna get
Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time
Metoes
Metroid Prime: Hunters
and the Shohen Jump fighting game

DK
02-08-2006, 08:52 PM
This thread makes me happy in the pants, because i'm getting a DS tomorrow and didn't know which games were good. :heart:

NM
02-08-2006, 09:06 PM
Mario Kart DS
Mario64 DS
Yoshi Touch & Go
WarioWare Touched!
Ridge Racer DS
Nanostray
Asphalt Urban GT
Madden 05

Mythra
02-09-2006, 02:31 PM
For now I only own Castlevania: DoS, but I'm thinking about getting Mario Kart DS and the FFIII remake for the DS when that comes out

Shaun
02-09-2006, 02:41 PM
The FFIII remake doesn't appeal to me. Typically, being a Nintendo console, they've gone to the cute Crystal Chronicles look. It just isn't right.

KentaRawr!
02-09-2006, 05:51 PM
The FFIII remake doesn't appeal to me. Typically, being a Nintendo console, they've gone to the cute Crystal Chronicles look. It just isn't right.
There are pictures? :D Send me a PM with some!

Anyways, my collection:

Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits
Super Mario 64 DS

Games I want:

Mario Kart DS
Nanostray
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time (PT? What happened to DS?)
Kirby Canvas Curse
Sonic Rush

Games I will probably be getting upon release:

Children of Mana
Final Fantasy 3 DS
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles DS
Metroid Prime: Hunters
Super Mario Bros. DS
Xenosaga 1 & 2

Ashi
02-09-2006, 06:32 PM
Just Animal Crossing: Wild World, and I haven't touched that in weeks. *Blows dust off my DS* I'm thinking of getting Mario Kart.

Yamaneko
02-09-2006, 06:39 PM
Super Mario 64 DS
Meteos
Mario Kart DS
Animal Crossing

Elite Lord Sigma
02-09-2006, 09:38 PM
Right now I just have:

Mario Kart DS

I've been looking nearly everywhere for Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, but I can't find it anywhere except Amazon.com or eBay. It's $60 used on Amazon, and I'm not buying anything off eBay.

Ok, $60 for a DS game is an utter and total ripoff. Even for Mario Kart DS.

I have:
Mario Kart DS
Animal Crossing: Wild World
Super Mario 64 DS

I plan on getting:
Final Fantasy III
Meteos
Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon Pearl
Metroid Prime Hunters

KentaRawr!
02-09-2006, 09:45 PM
Right now I just have:

Mario Kart DS

My friend, go to www.half.com

You'll be glad you did.

Ryth
02-09-2006, 09:51 PM
I only have two, I mostly use my DS for my GBA RPGs.

Super Mario 64 DS

Jebus
02-09-2006, 09:56 PM
My friend, go to www.half.com

You'll be glad you did.

Well, I probably would, if they weren't selling it for $60 too.

KentaRawr!
02-09-2006, 10:20 PM
Well, I probably would, if they weren't selling it for $60 too.

Correction: $59.24

Endless
02-09-2006, 10:30 PM
Wait for Lik-sang to restock and get it from them. Or if you can't wait, try this store (http://www.targetstar.com/13388320011-videogame.html).

GooeyToast
02-09-2006, 10:37 PM
Mario Kart and Castlevania

Markus. D
02-09-2006, 11:32 PM
I will buy it when Dawn of Sorrows comes out into my local store of storeyness.

omnitarian
02-10-2006, 12:38 AM
Super Mario 64 DS
WarioWare-Touched!
Polarium
Puyo Puyo Fever (I would have gotten PPF2... had I known it was coming out at the time! >:| )
Kirby: Canvas Curse
Meteos
Advance Wars DS
Mario Kart DS
Ossu! Tatakae! Ouendan! (http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/aosj/175r/index.html) (Freakin' best DS game ever)
Animal Crossing: Wild World

Endless
02-10-2006, 11:56 PM
Puyo Puyo Fever (I would have gotten PPF2... had I known it was coming out at the time! >:| )

Well, so far it's available only in Japan, with everything in Japanese, since PPF2, unlike PPF (J) doesn't have the option of turning the menu into English. That said, it's still a great game even though I had to use trial and error to figure my way around.

Craig
02-11-2006, 01:14 PM
Mario Kart DS
Bomberman
Sonic Rush
Battles of Prince of Persia