PDA

View Full Version : KOTOR or KOTOR II

Awesomeman
02-08-2006, 09:54 PM
These two are older games but still, I need to know. I was replaying KOTOR, and my friend says, "KOTOR sucks! KOTOR two is so much better" This shocked me, because KOTOR is one of my favorite games. So we started to argue about which one is better. I like KOTOR alot better than KOTOR II. They story had more depth, the characters were more original, and the worlds were more magical. In your opinion, which one is better?

Tifa's Real Lover(really
02-08-2006, 09:57 PM
kotr!

escobert
02-08-2006, 10:15 PM
I have both but do to monitor problems I have yet to play the 2nd. I loved the first, I should replay. I was darkside when I beat it ^_^

Chibi Youkai
02-08-2006, 10:20 PM
The first is so much better than the second. Better plot, better character, just all around better. The only thing that 2's got is the improved battle system, but that's just because it came out later, and made improvements of the first.

Awesomeman
02-08-2006, 10:21 PM
Being evil is also funner in the first one, right Bert?

escobert
02-08-2006, 10:49 PM
Being evil is also funner in the first one, right Bert?
Yes ^_^

Rice Cake
02-08-2006, 10:50 PM
KOTOR II IS TEH SUK!!!!!11!!!1!!!!

mega_tonberry
02-09-2006, 01:27 AM
KOTOR was better in everyway besides the battle system. Also, I remember saying outloud when I finished KOTOR 2"What the hell?!? Thats all?!?

Awesomeman
02-09-2006, 01:36 AM
KOTOR was better in everyway besides the battle system. Also, I remember saying outloud when I finished KOTOR 2"What the hell?!? Thats all?!?

Teah, Kraia was easy, a little too easy. And the ending did suck.

Tempest
02-09-2006, 03:23 AM
Yeah, the ending in KotoR 2 sucked because there wasn't one. KotoR is better in every way except for the little things like better robes, lightsaber colors, force powers, and feats. Plus, there was romance options in KotoR 1.

Vyk
02-09-2006, 03:48 AM
The characters, even the dialogue, were/was a lot deeper in KOTOR 2. And you didn't have just one romance option like in KOTOR 1, you could have up to three. I loved both games tremendously. But they were very different. KOTOR 2 had a broader scope and a bit slower and more foreboading, it fit it quite nicely I think. KOTOR 1 was the embodiment of everything wonderful about the original movies. Epic and adventurous with wonderful plot twists. But KOTOR 2 has the edge for more detailed and in depth characters. Depending on how you play Kreia can seem almost like a badass mother. She was pretty awesome. I fashioned my character after myself to a degree. And when Visas Marr was professing her love for me, I actually blushed. That's how awesome and realistic the voice acting and characterization was. And I seriously felt afraid that she would die. I'm gonna give it to KOTOR 2, but depending on your preference it can go either or. They're both truely awesome games. But I have to admit KOTOR 2's beginning is way slower and doesn't quite draw you in as much. But once you get past that and things start rolling, I couldn't stop. I just loved how everything felt so foreboding.

Zante
02-09-2006, 07:04 AM
I liked I more. II would habe been better if they actualy finished it.

Az Lionheart
02-09-2006, 01:58 PM
aditedly that thew ending to the second one was total /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gife, howveer it leaves it perfectly for another one to finish the serise on the 360 and we final get to find out what the hell is going on instead of these romors going about relating to what bhappens next :D

Shaun
02-09-2006, 02:58 PM
I only played the original KoTOR. It was great fun, but I didn't get all that far on it. I just randomly gave up on it.

Vyk
02-09-2006, 04:13 PM
I would kill for a KOTOR III but I'm not sure if I'd be interested in learning what's going on out there in the farther reaches of space with all that ancient evil stuff, whatever the Exile went off to take care of (with you know who).

Tempest
02-09-2006, 04:23 PM
The characters, even the dialogue, were/was a lot deeper in KOTOR 2. And you didn't have just one romance option like in KOTOR 1, you could have up to three.
I guess you were playing male Exile. I never finished male Exile playthrough. The romance is almost non-existent as the female Exile, except the fights between Atton and Di. All the other stuff was cut. But, you gotta admit, the romance with Carth or Bastila is a lot better.

The characters are very deep in KotoR 2, it's just a shame there wasn't any sidequest for them like in KotoR 1.

Captain Maxx Power
02-09-2006, 04:27 PM
There was way too much cut back from Kotor II that really made it a highly inferior game compared to the one it could have been. Considering that many of the dialogue options and sounds still exsist the company can only blame lazyness for their abscense. For this reason Kotor I wins.

Zante
02-09-2006, 04:36 PM
Yeach, do you know there was actualy supposed to be robot planet? There we were supposed to learn the origin of the assasin robots. I think they should release a patch or something and finish it.

The Last Ancient
02-09-2006, 05:30 PM
The first one had a much better classic story, and much better characters. Mission, Carth, Bastila, Zalbaar, all better characters then any in Kotor 2. Plus you didn't have kreia talking to you every few steps for two hours(although she was interesting it was like alright I got the point already). The planets are better and the revan - malak saga is more interesting to me then the fallen jedi storyline. That said I still love both games, but kotor will go down as a classic while the second one wasn't as good, not really in the same league.