PDA

View Full Version : Interesting article concerning voice actors, theme music, and release date

SeeDRankLou
02-09-2006, 12:06 AM
For all those who don't like it that Lance Bass voiced Sephiroth, just wait until you see who's doing Roxas' voice. :tongue:

http://www.gaming-age.com/news/2006/2/8-12

Except for the voice acting stuff, I have no idea how credible any of this is, but I hope you enjoy the read. There's nothing new about story or gameplay or anything like that. This article claims the "confirmed" release date of KH2 to be March 28, 2006, and has further quoted Nomura saying that it's being released in March (just March). Also, the English version of "Passion" will be titled "Sanctuary." I just hope she leaves in that backwards line in the song. So read, discuss, and have a good one.

RaidenWeb17
02-09-2006, 12:16 AM
Ah well I new someone stupid would do Roxas's voice. I like Christopher Lee as DiZ, and Steve Burton as Cloud, and the girl doing Tifa is fine by me. Thats all I read, great find!!

Hambone
02-09-2006, 12:36 AM
Crap! Jesse McCartney as Roxas!? They just ruined it.:mad: But thank you for the informative article.

Skyblade
02-09-2006, 01:40 AM
Three threads is a little overboard, but we're all so happy, it doesn't matter. Yay!

SeeDRankLou
02-09-2006, 06:06 PM
Mine was first, but you're right, it doesn't matter, because YAY!!! I didn't know it was official when I made this post, but now I do. YAY!!!

Sefie1999AD
02-09-2006, 08:33 PM
That information is correct. For the official report, see Square Enix's site (http://www.square-enix.com/na/company/press/2006/0208/). Now, don't get shocked and abandon all hope just because of who's acting Roxas. We don't know how well he'll perform. *prepares to :shoot: anyone who bashes Sephiroth and Roxas' voice just because of the actor's name* :D I hope Passion's English version, the Sanctuary, has the melody properly translated and not toned down like with the case of Hikari / Simple and Clean.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
02-09-2006, 08:56 PM
welcome back skyblade

JM AS ROXAS!?!? this is gonna b a good laugh

Skyblade
02-09-2006, 10:10 PM
That information is correct. For the official report, see Square Enix's site (http://www.square-enix.com/na/company/press/2006/0208/). Now, don't get shocked and abandon all hope just because of who's acting Roxas. We don't know how well he'll perform. *prepares to :shoot: anyone who bashes Sephiroth and Roxas' voice just because of the actor's name* :D I hope Passion's English version, the Sanctuary, has the melody properly translated and not toned down like with the case of Hikari / Simple and Clean.

Agreed. You may not like the voice actor, but I personally had no problem with Sephiroth's lines. I'd advise that you ignore any prejudice you have against the voice actor, until you see their performance. Rather than lowering your opinion of the game, it could wind up raising your opinion of the voice actor.

Thanks, Tifa's Real Lover (really. BTW, why doesn't your name include a close parenthesis on the end?

Hambone
02-10-2006, 01:50 AM
yeah? did you forget to put that?

Psydekick
02-10-2006, 08:57 PM
Hmm Interresting:cool:

SuperMillionaire
02-11-2006, 02:28 AM
I thought it was March 1st, not the 28th! D*mn, yet ANOTHER month-long delay. That's almost like April! It's not a three-month delay, but FOUR months!

Jesse McCartney as Roxas, Brittany Snow as Namine, Matt McKenzie as Auron, Rachael Leigh Cook as Tifa... at least they didn't use Hilary Duff, Michael Jackson, Kevin Federline, or his wife, Britney Spears (which, by the way, Kevin is cheating on her BIG TIME and Britney was driving with her baby on her lap!)!...

"...hit me baby one more time..."

Psydekick
02-11-2006, 03:28 PM
there is no voice actors i despise against in the game:)

SuperMillionaire
02-11-2006, 03:42 PM
I don't despise them either. I don't blame them for casting popular singers and actors for the roles; it's always been like that here.