PDA

View Full Version : FF trends???

DeathKnight
02-09-2006, 02:08 AM
I believe that in the beginning of the making of FF XII....the main character was REALLY the "cajun" looking guy with the brown hair....you know the one with the gun(weapon). But it kinda seems like they KNEW they had to add a blonde character so they added Vaan and made him as girly as possible. Anyway, is SquareEnix concentrating too much in making blonde characters??? (and are they kissing white people's ass by doing it???) I mean they could make japanese looking characters instead right or latin, or arabic, or african american, or Indian, or mixes???????:choc2:

DJZen
02-09-2006, 03:53 AM
Why do you care? Do you have something against blondes? HAIR-IST!

Starboard Regulator FlareNUKE
02-09-2006, 07:16 AM
Let's see there's:

Racism
Sexism
Ageism
Jingoism
Sexualism
and now hairism...

Meat Puppet
02-09-2006, 07:49 AM
They should make the main character a homosexual robot. It worked with Star Wars!

AngelicHymn
02-09-2006, 03:34 PM
They should make the main character a homosexual robot. It worked with Star Wars!Awesome...

You know DeathKnight, you do have a point. I've been noticing that myself. Not that I have anything against blondes, mind you (I am one) but it is becoming rather consistant. I wanna see some main characters with black, red, brown, green, orange, and purple hair. Maybe all of the above colors combined...

On a serious note, I suppose the Japanese think that blonde hair, blue eyes is what 'American' is.

Vyk
02-09-2006, 05:44 PM
I agree. I'm getting tired of it myself. But what really matters is the character's personality. Not their looks. So lets hope Vaan is still likable. Tidus didn't stand up to par in my opinion.

Shadow The Red XIII Thing
02-09-2006, 10:49 PM
The prob is in Japan ther going through this huge metrosexual phase and it looks like were in for a bunch more blondes. Also umm how to say this without flaming, okay youre taking people in general as opposed to looking at the situation right. I will agree Square has made a habit of kissing white folks asses but youre saying all Japanese kiss white peoples ass and thats not true.

DJZen
02-09-2006, 11:15 PM
Or maybe Squenix just really likes blondes.

DeathKnight
02-15-2006, 02:40 AM
Or maybe Squenix just really likes blondes.

nah, not really, ONLY the FF team does. Star Ocean has a blue haired main character and some other Enix games have main characters who are not blonde.

Sad thing is there are LOTS of games whose main character isn't blonde but in FF they have a RULE that it has to be blonde, that's sad.

In FF XII the guy with the brown hair (gun) looks more like the main character than that girly Vaan............it's just so sad. Squall was a surprise a good one. Why can't they make characters like Vincent the main characters??? or Nooj? or Barilai?:choc2:

The Devourer Of Worlds
02-15-2006, 02:43 AM
Amano had a thing for blonds iirc.

TheAbominatrix
02-15-2006, 02:44 AM
Star Ocean 2 has two main characters. One of them is blonde.

FF has a rule where the main character has to be blonde? Wow, bad news for Frionel, Butz, Cecil, Terra, Squall, and Yuna.

vampirepiggyhunter7
02-15-2006, 03:12 AM
...Whatever.

DeathKnight
02-15-2006, 03:31 AM

FF has a rule where the main character has to be blonde? Wow, bad news for Frionel, Butz, Cecil, Terra, Squall, and Yuna.

I'm talking 'bout Star Ocean for the PS2

AND!

I'm talking 'bout the latest FF games, FF IX, X/X-2 (they go together if you didn't know), and now XII.

TheAbominatrix
02-15-2006, 03:34 AM
Then you should have said Star Ocean 3.

X and X-2 are related!? Really!? Wow. Despite that fact, Yuna, a brunette, is the main character of X-2.

DeathKnight
02-15-2006, 03:41 AM
Then you should have said Star Ocean 3.

X and X-2 are related!? Really!? Wow. Despite that fact, Yuna, a brunette, is the main character of X-2.

I really don't caer 'bout Yuna technically being the main character in X-2, it IS obvious that Tidus is STILL the main male character. So to me FFX/X-2 go together

TheAbominatrix
02-15-2006, 03:49 AM
It's not technically. Tidus isnt even neccesarily in the game. The entire game focuses on Yuna. It follows her, not Tidus. So yes, she's the main character. You can argue it all you want so you can pretend your blonde theory is right, but it just isnt. Sorry.

DeathKnight
02-15-2006, 07:08 PM
Wow..just wow. you still don't get it do you? with females they don't really care what their hair color is, but when it comes to the male main character the DO. OK? capito? comprende?????:mog: If you THINK 'bout it FFX and X-2 go together so it's dumb to point it out in this conversation.

like I said FF VII, FFVIII(miracle that it wasn't blonde), FFIX, FFX, and NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW FFXII. I could forgive the past but again in FFXII??? It's rediculous if you ask me:choc2:

when you see XII you clearly see how obssessed and bias they are. We all KNOW that the character with the gun(insert name) would fit better as the main character.

TheAbominatrix
02-15-2006, 07:53 PM
They do? Why? Because you say so? That's a dumb reason. You arent even really making any sense on that. I could say that all the female leads are brunette, because many of them are.

when you see XII you clearly see how obssessed and bias they are. We all KNOW that the character with the gun(insert name) would fit better as the main character.

Please dont speak for the rest of us. I think Vaan is a fine main character, but I'll reserve my judgement until I... well, I dunno... maybe play the game! You're just against him because his hair is blonde? That's utterly ridiculous.

Personally, I judge people and characters based on personality, not on their hair color. It's just a weird little quirk of mine.

TheSpoonyBard
02-15-2006, 08:22 PM
In the preliminary release of FFX screenshots Tidus had black hair. The majority of main characters in the first generation games didn't have blonde hair, as TheAbominatrix already mentioned. In the words of Yuna, "I don't like your plan. It sucks.". I'm sure that if the main characters had all been blonde you would be saying they should include more brown-haired characters.

Next you'll be complaining there are too many Cids in the FF games.

Tavrobel
02-15-2006, 09:04 PM

FFIV had 3 of the 4 main characters as blonde (Cecil, Kain, and Rosa). But we must also consider that FFIV had the world most like the European feudal system in the Middle Ages. (it all seems like payback for WWII)

And the small thing people are forgetting is that a story has multiple main characters, even if the males are on the majority, the most important. However, I think that Tidus is the MAIN/MOST IMPORTANT. If not at the beginning, then very much so at the end. We can see him clearly becoming taking the mantle of leader when we encounter Seymour the third time, when he tells Rikku to go get Auron (and the others), instead of rushing head first to get Seymour all by himself. (notice he doesn't say Yuna first, even if the pilgrimage is all about her)

And there ARE too many Cids in FF! We will resolve this situation by subtracting the remaining amount of Cids by a grand total of NEGATIVE ONE.

TheAbominatrix
02-15-2006, 09:09 PM
Cecil's hair is white, actually.

And I never said Tidus isnt the main character of X. He is not, however, the main character of X-2.

Tavrobel
02-15-2006, 09:37 PM
Cecil's hair is white, actually.

And I never said Tidus isnt the main character of X. He is not, however, the main character of X-2.

It could be interpreted as blonde (another problem all together, as to what his hair color could be, for all you know, some people I know would be crazy enough to say purple or blue).

And I never said Tidus was the main character of FFX-2. Just X.

TheAbominatrix
02-15-2006, 09:39 PM
It's pretty clearly white/silver in all the pictures, same as Sephiroth. It's not in any way blonde. It certainly could be white-blonde, but it isnt the golden locks that are being bitched about in this thread.

And I never said you did. You did, however, argue my point of Yuna. I never said she was the main character of X, I was refering to her in X-2 and clearing that up for you.

Tavrobel
02-15-2006, 09:47 PM
It's pretty clearly white/silver in all the pictures, same as Sephiroth. It's not in any way blonde. It certainly could be white-blonde, but it isnt the golden locks that are being bitched about in this thread.

Blonde is still blonde, even if it IS whiteish. Of course it could be like Saruman's cloak from LotR; it could change color depend on which angle it is being viewed from. But I haven't seen the new Cecil face sprite from FFIVA, so that could help.

I don't think there are too many blondes in FF, since that is the topic being bitched on. But the new series seem to be more... modernized, and in a desperate attempt to appeal to the new generation of gamers that can see all they want thanks to the onslaught of GTA games.

And I never said you did. You did, however, argue my point of Yuna. I never said she was the main character of X, I was refering to her in X-2 and clearing that up for you.

Ohh.

TheAbominatrix
02-15-2006, 09:55 PM
I really dont think so. I mean, I really think they were going for white/silver, to have a more mystical influence. It's even different from Rosa's white-blonde Amano art. But that's neither here nor there, really. It's a matter of opinion on the subject, after all.

I do agree that they're taking a more modern angle, but that's been happening since VI. VI was sort of the industrial revolution steam-punk kind of thing. I think it's just a depature from doing the more medieval stereotypical sort of thing.

Heero Yuy NWZC
02-15-2006, 10:12 PM
here's a trend for ya...tonberries! :D

rubah
02-15-2006, 10:52 PM
Blonde is still blonde, even if it IS whiteish. Of course it could be like Saruman's cloak from LotR;

Tell that to old people who are going grey haired.

Hikaro Takayama
02-16-2006, 04:07 AM
Since we're on bad trends in recent FF games.... Am I the only one who finds the clothing (or rahter lack thereof) that the main female characters are wearing to be getting more and more (to put it mildly) skimpy? I mean in FF X-2, they take the material that would clothe one young lady, and try to make it into outfits for three..... And I'm not even going to touch the outfits that the viera wear in FF TA and XII with a 20 ft pole....

TheAbominatrix
02-16-2006, 04:09 AM
It doesnt bother me. The outfits have always been pretty skimpy, but the graphics havent really shown them.

I think all the outfits are really pretty, so I enjoy it.

cloud_doll
02-17-2006, 05:59 PM
hey ya, it doesn't really matter what hair color they have or have skimpy their outfits are. Cloud and blonde hair, and he was a totally awesome character. I liked him because he was brave and had a really cool background story, his hair color just makes him look hot. Then Tifa had a real skimpy outfit, but she was probably the most caring person in FFVII. So what does it matter?

DeathKnight
02-18-2006, 07:15 PM
hey ya, it doesn't really matter what hair color they have or have skimpy their outfits are. Cloud and blonde hair, and he was a totally awesome character. I liked him because he was brave and had a really cool background story, his hair color just makes him look hot. Then Tifa had a real skimpy outfit, but she was probably the most caring person in FFVII. So what does it matter?

It DOES matter:choc2:

Rengori
02-19-2006, 01:07 AM
No, no it doesn't. It's their character's personality that matters.

DeathKnight
02-19-2006, 03:47 PM
50/50 if you ask me. So you're telling me that if Cloud had pink hair, looked asian and was short you would've liked him?:choc2:

Gilthanes
02-19-2006, 05:06 PM
That post almost reeks of racism against asians and short people

For the record, Squall was not blonde (VII), Yuna was not blonde (X-2), Terra (arguably the main character of VI), not blonde.

Main characters of FFI (none of the sprites had blonde hair that I can remember), FFII (no blondes in the main group... didnt the chick have like pink/green hair or something?), FFIII (a few sprites have blonde hair but thats hardly worth arguing about)

IV had Rosa, but I wouldnt call her the "Main" character, that role was shared equally with Cecil (who had white/silver hair), and Kain (who, yes, was blonde even though you only see it in the ending. So ok you win FFIV). The only blonde character in V didnt even join you till the last 5 hours of the game, shes hardly a "Main".

VII, IX, and X- You win, blonde main characters.

From what I've read about XII, is that Vaan wont be the only main character, but sharing it with the dark haired man you spoke of (and I also remember reading that if they arent able to flush out the dark haired mans storyline in this game, they would prolly make a sequal focusing on his story alslo)

So what, 4 (maybe 5) games out of 11 console games. Yeah, we're definately overflowing with blonde main characters here

DeathKnight
02-19-2006, 05:29 PM
I really don't care 'bout FFs before the Play Station era, so please let's dismiss them. And to me FFX-2 isn't a game of its own, it's just TIED to X and has no REAL way of making a blonde main character.

FFVII, IX, X, and NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW XII, it's something that's becoming a rule, I will dimiss it if XIII's character is not blonde(caucasian).

Gilthanes
02-19-2006, 06:59 PM
Technically, Tidus has dark (brown) hair. Its just its dyed or bleached in the sun, maybe a little both.

Rengori
02-19-2006, 09:21 PM
50/50 if you ask me. So you're telling me that if Cloud had pink hair, looked asian and was short you would've liked him?
You really think anyone would be stupid enough to make Cloud look that retarded? And I wouldn't mind if he had pink hair if he wasn't a guy. The asain and short remarks are hardly anything.

I really don't care 'bout FFs before the Play Station era, so please let's dismiss them.
Those are some of the best ones, and you should care about them because if they hadn't sold well (FFI in particular), there would be no Square.

TheAbominatrix
02-19-2006, 09:42 PM
I dont like Cloud as is. Doesnt matter what his hair color is. I dont care about character appearance or hair color, I care about character personality and the storyline.

Rengori, he just wants you to dismiss them because it proves him wrong. That's why he's saying X-2 doesnt count either.

And for that matter, what about XI? Your characters can have any hair color they want, out of the selection. Seems to me, if Square was so obsessed with blonde hair, they wouldnt have allowed it.

Rengori
02-19-2006, 09:45 PM
Pwned.

Death Penalty
02-19-2006, 11:38 PM
No, no it doesn't. It's their character's personality that matters.
Tis the truth

50/50 if you ask me. So you're telling me that if Cloud had pink hair, looked asian and was short you would've liked him?
Dont judge a book by its cover my small minded friend.

I really don't care 'bout FFs before the Play Station era, so please let's dismiss them. And to me FFX-2 isn't a game of its own, it's just TIED to X and has no REAL way of making a blonde main character.

FFVII, IX, X, and NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW XII, it's something that's becoming a rule, I will dimiss it if XIII's character is not blonde(caucasian).
X-2 is a sequel to a game but it still stands alone. What is your problem with blondes you just sound like a little boy afraid to go into the drugstore and buy some hairdye.

I dont like Cloud as is. Doesnt matter what his hair color is. I dont care about character appearance or hair color, I care about character personality and the storyline.

Rengori, he just wants you to dismiss them because it proves him wrong. That's why he's saying X-2 doesnt count either.

And for that matter, what about XI? Your characters can have any hair color they want, out of the selection. Seems to me, if Square was so obsessed with blonde hair, they wouldnt have allowed it.
QUOTED FOR UTTER AND ABSOLUTE TRUTH

Pwned.
Agreed

DeathKnight
02-21-2006, 07:56 AM
Tis the truth

Dont judge a book by its cover my small minded friend.

X-2 is a sequel to a game but it still stands alone. What is your problem with blondes you just sound like a little boy afraid to go into the drugstore and buy some hairdye.

QUOTED FOR UTTER AND ABSOLUTE TRUTH

Agreed

First of all, let's get one thing straight just because someone tries to TWIST my thread's main point doesn't mean I"m owned ok?:twak: And you'd have to be BLIND to say that looks don't matter. We all like Lulu because of how she acts and how cool she is.......but c'mon.....her looks play a big role in us liking her so stop your campain of "it's the personality that matters" crap, to me it's 50/50:hourglas:

"X-2 is a sequel to a game but it still stands alone. What is your problem with blondes you just sound like a little boy afraid to go into the drugstore and buy some hairdye.tupidest thing I've ever heard" STUPIDEST thing I've ever heard:irked:

FFX-2 is a game of its own which has NO possible way of twisting the story to make the main character blonde. And I've said before, I don't have a problem with the main FEMALE characters, it's with the male main characters.

TheAbominatrix
02-21-2006, 08:02 AM
No, I dont judge characters based on their looks. At all. I appreciate their looks for sure, but I dont like or dislike a character on how they look. I like them for personality and backstory. Don't speak for the rest of us simply because you're an extremely shallow person.

I like Lulu because of her mellow personality, her strong will, and her tragic past. Not because of her breasts. Not because of her very pretty outfit or hair. Sorry you cant look past those things.

And you're right about one thing. You arent owned because someone changed the topc of your thread (especially since no one did). You're owned because you were proven wrong. Sorry to inform you.

DeathKnight
02-21-2006, 08:02 AM

You STILL don't get it do you? I don't give a rat's ass what they did in the SNES days, actually I do 'cause back then they weren't so ridiculous and obssessedwhen it came to making MAAAAAAALE main characters blonde and white. If you're so blindly guided and can't even read my previous posts then please stop running your mouth, it's really annoying.

FFXI ain't even a REAL FF game(at leat not as we know 'em) c'mon why don't you open your eyes, sheesh.

TheAbominatrix
02-21-2006, 08:04 AM
Where did I say anything about SNES in that statement? You really shouldnt say someone's blind when you're picking things out of thin air.

You went from hating blonde characters just to hating male blonde characters because you were proven wrong. And how is XI not a real game? It's a Final Fantasy game, sorry to inform you.

DeathKnight
02-21-2006, 08:06 AM
No, I dont judge characters based on their looks. At all. I appreciate their looks for sure, but I dont like or dislike a character on how they look. I like them for personality and backstory. Don't speak for the rest of us simply because you're an extremely shallow person.

I like Lulu because of her mellow personality, her strong will, and her tragic past. Not because of her breasts. Not because of her very pretty outfit or hair. Sorry you cant look past those things.

And you're right about one thing. You arent owned because someone changed the topc of your thread (especially since no one did). You're owned because you were proven wrong. Sorry to inform you.

You're some funny kind of thing. Same /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif I could say to you my friend. You don't speak for all of us. You're female, OF COURSE Lulu's looks don't matter to you, ask or make a poll and you'll see that the majority do care 'bout her looks, and I'm not saying that that's ALL that matters but it does matter to a degree.

You proving me wrong, try again.

TheAbominatrix
02-21-2006, 08:09 AM
Well then lets use Tidus for example (since I guess females arent allowed to have opinion on other females). I dont care about Tidus' looks. I care about his personality, his action, and his backstory. His hair color doesnt make a damn bit of difference in my book, and if you bothered to read this thread you'd see that everyone agrees with me about that.

If it only matters to a degree, why is it such a big issue with you? Why are you freaking out about hair color if it isnt that big of a deal? Why do you keep saying it's a huge deal, and then saying it only matters to a degree?

DeathKnight
02-21-2006, 08:09 AM
Where did I say anything about SNES in that statement? You really shouldnt say someone's blind when you're picking things out of thin air.

You went from hating blonde characters just to hating male blonde characters because you were proven wrong. And how is XI not a real game? It's a Final Fantasy game, sorry to inform you.

wow, buy yourself some glasses "he just wants to dismiss them(SNES FFs) because it'll prove him wrong" something like that you said to Rengori:frust: Blind very blind my friend.

Use your brain for once, If I start the thread and say, almost all FF characters STARTING from FF VII are blonde (you should use logic and fiture out that I'm talking 'bout the main male characters since Tifa/Aeries aren't blonde)

DeathKnight
02-21-2006, 08:13 AM
Well then lets use Tidus for example (since I guess females arent allowed to have opinion on other females). I dont care about Tidus' looks. I care about his personality, his action, and his backstory. His hair color doesnt make a damn bit of difference in my book, and if you bothered to read this thread you'd see that everyone agrees with me about that.

If it only matters to a degree, why is it such a big issue with you? Why are you freaking out about hair color if it isnt that big of a deal? Why do you keep saying it's a huge deal, and then saying it only matters to a degree?

don't put words in my mouth and I'm not freaking out. When I say it matters to a degree, yeah it does, 50(looks)/50(perso.) and varies from person to person.

This thread is MERELY 5% of the people in the forum, so your point of people agreeing with you is invalid.

Heero Yuy NWZC
02-21-2006, 04:56 PM
whoa...some ppl need to chill. anyways, isn't Squall's hair light brown, and he is in FFVIII.

EDIT: nevermind, you said main characters, not main character.:tongue:

Rengori
02-21-2006, 10:32 PM
Use your brain for once, If I start the thread and say, almost all FF characters STARTING from FF VII are blonde (you should use logic and fiture out that I'm talking 'bout the main male characters since Tifa/Aeries aren't blonde)
Lets see, Barret, Vincent, Cait Sith, Red XIII, Squall, Irvine, Steiner, Vivi, Quina (?), Amarant, Wakka, Kimarhi, and Auron.

So the only blonde male lead characters are Cloud, Cid, Zell, Seifer, Zidane, and Tidus. 13 (12?) > 6

TheAbominatrix
02-21-2006, 11:07 PM
don't put words in my mouth and I'm not freaking out. When I say it matters to a degree, yeah it does, 50(looks)/50(perso.) and varies from person to person.

This thread is MERELY 5% of the people in the forum, so your point of people agreeing with you is invalid.

And no one agrees with you that hair color makes or breaks a character. Which is my point.

Llanowar
02-21-2006, 11:18 PM
ok does it bother anyone else that we have wasted over two pages of thread discussing how many BLONDE HAIRED characters are in Final Fantasy's!!! If that is the ONLY THING YOU ARE CONCERNED ABOUT than go find an FF you have not yet beaten and spend all this time you plan to waste arguaing and BEAT ANOTHER RPG BROADEN YOUR GAMING HORIZONS!!! Whatever just spare us the worthless and gut wrenching pain of listening to a bunch of what I assume to be intelligent human beings acting like 4 year olds fighting over who had a hold of the toy first!

DeathKnight
02-22-2006, 12:37 AM
wow........use your brain. IT IS the thread I started, don't like the topic...then don't post in it, simple as that. It ain't ain't really my fault that a lot of people in this thread are blind. Lead protagonists in a game are JUST as important as in movies(looks AND personality).

Llanowar
02-22-2006, 12:41 AM
I don't mind posting a trend you think you have noticed and the first few posts seemed ok to me but the more I read in the state I was in earlier today. Hungover The more that I felt that we had degraded a conversation into a POINTLESS argument between a couple of people who had decided that they were COMPLETELY infallible in their statements and weren't going to budge an inch. Which defeats the purpose of DISCUSSION which is what this started out as.

Rengori
02-22-2006, 01:00 AM
wow........use your brain. IT IS the thread I started, don't like the topic...then don't post in it, simple as that. It ain't ain't really my fault that a lot of people in this thread are blind. Lead protagonists in a game are JUST as important as in movies(looks AND personality).
He has the right to post anything he wants. Most people ,when you say "FF Trends", will think of Moogles and Tonberries, not blonde protagonists.

02-22-2006, 01:06 AM
I thought we agreed DeathKnight was pawned and we all laughed at him and then this thread would die. Why isnt it going according to plan

DeathKnight
02-22-2006, 01:28 AM
pfft who the hell are you???? :twak:

02-22-2006, 01:37 AM
I am Shadow The Red XIII Thing bitch so dont ask dumnass questions just read the name. The king has arrived and I only have one thing to say damn you got pwned.

Death Penalty
02-22-2006, 01:50 AM
My older brother has arrived and damnit I have to agree you got PWNED

Rengori
02-22-2006, 01:58 AM
I just gotta say it again: pwned.

Death Penalty
02-22-2006, 02:24 AM
Lets start a chant Pwned
Pwned

Llanowar
02-22-2006, 02:27 AM
Pwned!!

Welcome to the closing moments of this thread be4 site personnel see us chanting pwned LMFAO

02-22-2006, 02:39 AM
Pwned! This thread will die a horrible death at my hands. HWAHAHAHA

DeathKnight
02-22-2006, 03:55 AM
[!]*smacks the sh*t out of you three morons* :twak: :twak: :twak:

go to hell[/!]

We do NOT address other members like this. Don't let me catch you doing it again.

~Void

Leeza
02-22-2006, 05:18 AM
Shadow The Red XIII Thing, Death Penalty, Llanowar: This is a warning. If you have problems with a poster, use the warn button or don't post at all. Shadow and DP, I believe you two have already had more than one warning so this isn't a good thing for you.

Death Penalty
02-22-2006, 10:18 PM
wheres the warn button all I see is two quotes

Rengori
02-22-2006, 10:27 PM
wheres the warn button all I see is two quotes
On the same row as date and time.

Death Penalty
02-23-2006, 01:07 AM
Thanks Rengori