PDA

View Full Version : Onions

Starboard Regulator FlareNUKE
02-09-2006, 07:37 AM
What is the purpose of the Onion Knight? Do they have abilities or something? Also... Why are they called "Onion" Knight?!

blackmage_nuke
02-09-2006, 07:51 AM
Maybe its because when theyre in near death mode it looks like theyre crying, get it onions, crying, its genius!

Ciretho
02-09-2006, 08:00 AM
That is why the onion knight will forever be great

Sir Bahamut
02-09-2006, 03:46 PM
Onion Knights (or Kids, as they're called in my translation) are ridiculously weak for all intents and purposes until the very end of the game. You see, in one of the final dungeons, you can meet a rare Dragon which can drop a piece of Onion Equipment. An Onion Knight with 2 Onion Swords and full Onion Armour will be practically invincible (ie. the final boss will be dealing around 200-400 damage instead of the regular 4-5000) and will deal more damage than anyone, even a Ninja with Shurikens once you increase their skill level a bit.

As if that weren't enough, once you reach level 88, something else kicks in. Prior to that level, Onion Knights will gain a +1 in all stats every ten levels or so. However, at level 88, they will suddenly start getting around +8 in all stats EVERY SINGLE LEVEL. That means that at level 99, they have 99 in all stats!

So basically, Onion Knights suck until the very end of the game, where they become walking demi-Gods.

As for why they're called "onion" Knights, I think it's because in Japan, an "onion kid" is a slang word for a 'poor kid' or something like that. Don't quote me on that though =P

Crossblades
02-09-2006, 07:09 PM
Which Dragon drops oinion equipment?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-09-2006, 07:20 PM
Green Dragon: drop/steal Onion Shield, Onion Helmet, Onion Armor, Onion Sword
Red Dragon: drop/steal Onion Sword, Onion Shield
Yellow Dragon: drop/steal Onion Armlet, Onion Armor, Onion Helmet, Onion Sword

Crossblades
02-09-2006, 07:45 PM
Green Dragon: drop/steal Onion Shield, Onion Helmet, Onion Armor, Onion Sword
Red Dragon: drop/steal Onion Sword, Onion Shield
Yellow Dragon: drop/steal Onion Armlet, Onion Armor, Onion Helmet, Onion Sword

And where can I find these Dragons?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-09-2006, 07:47 PM
Sylx Tower.

Crossblades
02-09-2006, 08:26 PM
Cool thanks. Gonna try that out when I replay the game

Sir Bahamut
02-09-2006, 10:02 PM
Actually, you can't steal any of the equipment. All you can STEAL from the Dragons is Elixirs. The Onion Equipment has to be dropped...

KoShiatar
02-11-2006, 10:05 PM
I want to try. This is another funny kick the guys at Square put in the game, because in the beginning people sure wouldn't figure out they were so powerful....XD

Slam Dancin' Moogle
04-06-2006, 10:10 PM
Hmm, can't the Onion Knights also equip the crystal equipment? I've heard this before...