PDA

View Full Version : I bought Tales of Legendia

Crossblades
02-09-2006, 07:29 PM
Haven't played it yet, but I noticed something cool on the back on the Manual. It had a picture of all the characters from Tales of Destiny, Tales of Eternia, Tales of Legendia, and even characters from Tales of the Abyss(This must be a hint from Namco that we're getting a US release for Tales of the Abyss). This must be a tribute for the Tales series that was released for the Sony consoles since characters from Tales of Symphonia and Tales of Phantasia weren't included in there. Now that I think about it, Tales of Rebirth characters weren't included in there as well, and that was released for the PS2 in Japan. Here is the picture

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/Crossblades/02_09_06_1422.jpg

Hopefully, today or tomorrow I will play the game and I will post my thoughts on it

Aphelion
02-09-2006, 07:47 PM
Either your theory is right, Crossblades, or instead of Namco giving us the Tales series 10th anniversary's official gift to the gamers (Tales of the Abyss), we're getting only that picture. I really hope yours is correct.

Crossblades
02-09-2006, 08:12 PM
Either your theory is right, Crossblades, or instead of Namco giving us the Tales series 10th anniversary's official gift to the gamers (Tales of the Abyss), we're getting only that picture. I really hope yours is correct.

I hope so too. I heard a lot of good things about that game and it would be a shame not to release it here

Jowy
02-09-2006, 11:59 PM
Looks spiffy. I can't afford to pick mine up until tomorrow, however I did get a nice little art book and lanyard.

Nick Schovitz
02-10-2006, 12:10 AM
I've heard the battles are pretty tough in my magazine subscription but one thing that they left out of the game to give it an 7.5 instead of an 8 is the storyline, they say it's so vague as an average episode of Teen Titans, and It's inceribly long, but it still has nothing on a Final Fantasy.

Vyk
02-10-2006, 01:33 AM
I hate to say but I was pretty disappointed by Symphonia. So I'm not holding out much hope for this game, or any upcoming. Destiny was awesome though.

ljkkjlcm9
02-10-2006, 04:28 AM
I hate to say but I was pretty disappointed by Symphonia. So I'm not holding out much hope for this game, or any upcoming. Destiny was awesome though.
symphonia was awesome, one of my favorite games, it was so much fun. I'll get this game eventually, sooner rather than later

THE JACKEL

crono_logical
02-10-2006, 07:30 PM
I thought Phantasia's getting a US release on the GBA some time soon?

edczxcvbnm
02-10-2006, 07:35 PM

Destiny is probably the worst in the series...that or Destiny II which was never release here.

Lindy
02-10-2006, 07:42 PM
I've heard the battles are pretty tough in my magazine subscription but one thing that they left out of the game to give it an 7.5 instead of an 8 is the storyline, they say it's so vague as an average episode of Teen Titans, and It's inceribly long, but it still has nothing on a Final Fantasy.
You do realise that all the Tales games have been longer and had more story content than any of the Final Fantasy games, right?

Aphelion
02-10-2006, 07:42 PM
Destiny is probably the worst in the series...that or Destiny II which was never release here.
I agree. Destiny was excessively boring (and losing all my money about halfway through the game and only noticing it 2 hours later has an unreachable spot in my video game history - I swear, I thought Stahn was joking when he offered it!), but still, the only thing that turned out okay was the character development for the 5 main characters (or 4, if you count one of them as...well, you know!).

Jowy
02-10-2006, 10:29 PM
The GBA port of Phantasia comes out on March 21st, clout.

Black Mage
02-10-2006, 11:49 PM
March 6th, actually, but close enough. ;)

Crossblades
02-11-2006, 07:44 PM
Doesn't matter what the release date is. The important thing is it's being released:D

Jowy
02-12-2006, 06:54 AM
Oh, wow. The computer at work says the 21st. Guess it's coming early then. :)

edczxcvbnm
02-12-2006, 07:33 AM
Okay. I am not buying this game. I am kind of pissed. I want Tales of Rebirth so much more. I will wait for Abyss. That game I heard was very good.

Aphelion
02-12-2006, 11:57 AM
Okay. I am not buying this game. I am kind of pissed. I want Tales of Rebirth so much more. I will wait for Abyss. That game I heard was very good.
There's no confirmation either of them will come to America, for starters, and that's why I'm trying to buy those being released here now than regret not having any Tales game later.

Lord Xehanort
02-12-2006, 12:03 PM
'Legendia' sounds like an STD.

ON TOPIC: I fell in love with ToS... but, based on what has been said here, ToL isn't as good...

Crossblades
02-12-2006, 04:02 PM
'Legendia' sounds like an STD.

ON TOPIC: I fell in love with ToS... but, based on what has been said here, ToL isn't as good...

ToL is good. The music is pretty good and the characters are fun. But yeah, ToS is still the better game