PDA

View Full Version : Green Magic? Great or Bodegas?

Avenging Soul23
02-09-2006, 11:17 PM
Hmmm, well I think its just like status promblems....I wonder if there will be any new magic? Please leave a msg.

DJZen
02-09-2006, 11:21 PM
There's always new magic. If nothing else, they tweak around the effects of a spell from one game to another. Just look at Quake. Originally it was an instant-death spell. These days it's an earth element attack. That's only the first example that came to mind. I don't mind them breaking up the magic system, it'll be easier to sort through spells in a reasonable amount of time this way.

Avenging Soul23
02-09-2006, 11:24 PM
yeah good point, i wonder if Ulitma will be in the list, co's its not in everyone.

boys from the dwarf
02-10-2006, 07:53 AM
its pretty likely that near the end of the game youll get spells such as flare, meteor and ultima.

Gilthanes
02-10-2006, 04:09 PM
Green Magic in the demo had Protect and Shell, so buffing spells may go in there, but maybe debuffing spells as well. Also you can rest assured Ultima will be there, Its just they wouldnt show you every spell and ultimate spell in the game in the 15 minute demo they gave us.

Vincentsinnerdemon
02-13-2006, 09:55 PM
the name of flare meteor and ultuma just screams END OF GAME AND A LOT OF DAMAGE!!!

Nakor TheBlue Rider
02-13-2006, 11:15 PM
I'm one of thos peopel who almsot never uses Status Magic, except maybey Haste for Boss fights.

it just seems like most battles end so quickly theres no point, or most Status effects dont work on bosses.

you cant just cast petrify on a boss and win.... it never works, so i dont even bother.

Awesomeman
02-14-2006, 12:40 AM
Flare was in the demo and yeah, I find it easier to keep track of all the spells.

Gilthanes
02-14-2006, 06:43 AM
*shrug* about the "never using status magic" comments and how the fights seem too short to be useful. 1) Its a demo, and some of the more important battles are sure to take longer. 2) I personally used the Slow spell in the demo on the hard enemies and bosses, I could tell it made a different on keeping my guys healed.

Avenging Soul23
02-15-2006, 03:36 AM
hmmm yeah

boys from the dwarf
02-15-2006, 01:03 PM
i dont use status magic much. i sometimes use it and if im stuck on a boss i will use a lot of buffing spells like protect but most normal battles are too short. auto abilities and staus inducing weapons are much more useful.

true_bacon22
02-15-2006, 10:50 PM
Well depends I always use haste even if im losing im like he has 1 hp and i have 9999Hp HASTE YAA special in FFX. I only used Status magic in 7 and 9 and I only used like bad status in X-2 to get Ap i only used bio cuz i kept forgetting it dosent do damedge. Overall status magic is only useful against annoying enemies. and haste is fun. and about flare and ultima its annoying if theydont have ultima. in ff9 that was the only problem with it, no ultima. I hope they add apocolypse like in FF8 that u could draw from the :) last boss