PDA

View Full Version : The PSP Soon to get its own ripoff of Nintendogs

Tidus Andronicus
02-10-2006, 12:26 AM
:rolleyes2 This is almost too silly to be real, but as it would seem, it is no joke! XD

Riding the success wave that Nintendo had started with the DS game Nintendogs, the Sony PSP will be getting its own version of, basically the same game idea... XD
While not developed directly by Sony, one can still see the almost comical 'i told you so'-ness of all this copying... :rolleyes2

"The Dog Happy Life" will be released in Japan on the 27th of April for the PSP.

Personally, I doubt it will be anywhere near as popular as its DS counterpart... with out a touch screen, it kind of looses a lot of the interaction aspect. Besides, if your the kind of person that wants the PSP, would you really want a puppy simulator? XD

For more on this, including a more complete description and pictures, here's the article on it:
http://www.britishgaming.co.uk/?p=454

Edit: here are those pictures :p
http://www.britishgaming.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2006/02/dogpsp.jpg
http://www.britishgaming.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2006/02/dogpsp2.jpg

Tifa's Real Lover(really
02-10-2006, 12:29 AM
cheap imitations xD

Shlup
02-10-2006, 12:34 AM
Praise Jesus! *does a happy dance*

Elite Lord Sigma
02-10-2006, 01:10 AM
This justs confirms my belief that Sony sucks.

Shlup
02-10-2006, 01:14 AM
Why does it suck? I want a doggie simulator for my PSP, dammit! I demand and they supply. Hooray for capitalism!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-10-2006, 01:22 AM
Not surprising considering the PSP already has a WarioWare rip-off.

Vyk
02-10-2006, 01:28 AM
They could at least offer some competition and went with a cat simulator or something.

Shlup
02-10-2006, 01:28 AM
Doggies are cuter.

TheAbominatrix
02-10-2006, 01:39 AM
I think it's great. Now that's one less game I dont have to hear Shlup bitch about not being able to get.

Shlup
02-10-2006, 01:45 AM
Seriously! I tried to get Barry to get it for me but he said no. :(

Erdrick Holmes
02-10-2006, 01:47 AM
Wow, a PSP game that isn't a racing game.

Rengori
02-10-2006, 02:09 AM
My thoughts exactly.

ffxfreak93
02-10-2006, 02:22 AM
*sigh*....

Vaprice
02-10-2006, 02:23 AM
It's a great game. I played it a couple of times for a few minutes and it was just so adorable.

And if sony sucks how come it's been around for so long?

And I'm happy that we're not getting a game that isn't a sports game.

TheAbominatrix
02-10-2006, 02:24 AM
I think it's so nice when different consoles have really similar games. It's such a pain having one system and missing out on so much. I wish everyone wouldnt get all pissy about it.

Erdrick Holmes
02-10-2006, 02:32 AM
I think that rather than having another handheld dog game (so far this makes three) why not have one for cats too? I mean why do the people who like cats better than dogs (like me) have nothing to play?

TheAbominatrix
02-10-2006, 02:34 AM
And before it was the people who wanted a dog sim but couldnt have one cause they have a PSP. I'm sure a cat sim will come along eventually.

Lionx
02-10-2006, 02:36 AM
...i just wish it was a tad bit more original in ideas...it reinforces my ideas of whatever Nintendo makes, Sony can rip and get profit from..at least for certain things.

Rengori
02-10-2006, 02:37 AM
I think that rather than having another handheld dog game (so far this makes three) why not have one for cats too? I mean why do the people who like cats better than dogs (like me) have nothing to play?
You're dead to me. Unless you could own me at Street Fighter, which more than likely you could. So you're not dead to me.

Erdrick Holmes
02-10-2006, 02:47 AM
What's wrong with liking cats?

Rengori
02-10-2006, 03:05 AM
Cats suck.

MecaKane
02-10-2006, 03:27 AM
What? A game where the little assholes ignore you and scratch the /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif out of your funiture?

TheAbominatrix
02-10-2006, 03:30 AM
What? A game where the little assholes ignore you and scratch the /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif out of your funiture?

xDDDD

Erdrick Holmes
02-10-2006, 03:43 AM
My cat never ignored me... or scratched my furnature. In fact my cat's probably smarter than you.

TheAbominatrix
02-10-2006, 03:45 AM
Oh God he was making a joke about a cat stereotype. Don't ruin this thread please.

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-10-2006, 03:48 AM
Holmes, that was uncalled for and you know it. I'm tired of seeing you and Kane snipe at each other, and you KNOW that Kane's comment was not in any way directed at you. You needn't take every one of his posts as a personal insult, and I will NOT tolerate any flaming from either of you.

vampirepiggyhunter7
02-10-2006, 03:54 AM
*sigh*
PSP. Hellz no.

PSP. It's like a nut you can play with outside...
And then get arrested for indecent exposure.

PSP. It's like cheese you can listen to outside.
And then watch hair grow as you wait for the good games to come out.

PSP. It's got barely anything better than games with big guns.

ljkkjlcm9
02-10-2006, 04:46 AM
i think a puppy simulator is better, but cats are easier to take care of than dogs in real life. In a game, if you don't want to do it, you just turn it off. Much easier, but dogs require a lot of work in real life as opposed to cats which pretty much take care of themselves.

THE JACKEL

Shlup
02-10-2006, 05:17 AM
That's exactly what I was thinking. xD

Ashi
02-10-2006, 07:04 PM
I didn't try Nintendogs yet, but if I ever decide to get a PSP this might be worth a looksee. And yeah, I agree on different consoles having similar games being not a bad idea at all. It's nice being able to buy games without needing to fork out the cost of an entire new console.

Elite Lord Sigma
02-10-2006, 09:18 PM

Or that isn't a port of a PS2 game.

KentaRawr!
02-10-2006, 10:15 PM
It's obvious that this is a response to Nintendo's Nintendogs, but it's still nice to see that the PSP fans get to have a pretend doggy of their own. But why is there still not a cat simulator? You could raise the cat from a kitten, and depending on how you raise it, it could become one of the following: A Happy cat, a lazy cat, a mean cat, or a playful cat. Depending on how you feed it, it could be skinny, normal, chubby, or just plain fat. Depending on WHAT you feed it, it will do some of the following: Drink from the toilet, eat birds, eat mice, eat bugs, drink from the sink, eat from a cat dish, drink from a cat dish, eat your left-overs, eat your food while you look the other way, not eat, and/or not drink.

See how much replay value a cat sim could have? Jeez... :mad2:

Oh well. This will bring peace between DS Dog Lovers and PSP Dog lovers, so let's be happy.

TheAbominatrix
02-10-2006, 10:27 PM
I'm sure that, in time, a cat sim will follow on one or both systems. I think the reason why they went with a dog sim in the first place is because so many people (especially in overcrowded Japan) cant have dogs because they just dont have the room. Cats, on the other hand, live comfortably almost everywhere.

Erdrick Holmes
02-10-2006, 11:59 PM
Still, a Cat game would be pretty cool. Cats can listen if you care for them enough.

TheAbominatrix
02-11-2006, 12:04 AM
Not saying it wouldnt. I have four cats of my own that I love to death.

Maxico
02-11-2006, 12:46 AM
...i just wish it was a tad bit more original in ideas...it reinforces my ideas of whatever Nintendo makes, Sony can rip and get profit from..at least for certain things.

Once again people jump on the "SONY IS TEH STEALING" bandwagon far too early.

First of all, this is being developed by Yuke's, not sony.

Second, remember the tamagotchi? A virtual pet is hardly an amazingly original idea.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
02-11-2006, 01:39 AM
Not surprising considering the PSP already has a WarioWare rip-off.
they did? O_O

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-11-2006, 01:58 AM
Yeah, Byte Hell 2000. Released only in Japan, it made a blip on the game news a while back for blatantly stealing not only the WarioWare concept but also a couple familiar character designs (http://www.nintendogal.com/index.php?/archives/341-BYTE-HELL-2000-Update.html).

Madame Adequate
02-11-2006, 02:22 AM
Yeah, Byte Hell 2000. Released only in Japan, it made a blip on the game news a while back for blatantly stealing not only the WarioWare concept but also a couple familiar character designs (http://www.nintendogal.com/index.php?/archives/341-BYTE-HELL-2000-Update.html).

Nintendo owns zombies and diamonds now?

Markus. D
02-11-2006, 09:27 AM
just get some kind of monster ranchers game and your all set :)

Meat Puppet
02-11-2006, 10:33 AM
Replace the dog with a t-rex and I would buy it.

THE JACKAL

Erdrick Holmes
02-11-2006, 03:57 PM
just get some kind of monster ranchers game and your all set :)

Actually, I heard the DS is getting an Monster Rancher game that works like the Playstation games. Meaning it makes monsters depending on what you got in your DS's cartridge slots.