PDA

View Full Version : Seymour - Mt Gagazet

Crim
02-10-2006, 08:01 AM
I have been stuck on this bit for a year now (Even through I havent played it in months and I have finished many other Square Enix titles). It is on Mount Gagazet when you have to fight Seymour. Regardless of how many different tactics and methods I try I still can't beat him so if you have time to spare can you please post some good tactics so I can finally beat the game ;).

My current party is Lulu, Yuna and Tidus

Thank You Very Much

By the way, I haven't been bothered to create a new file but althrough I have started trying again if it is not possible I might as well start again.

Rhi
02-10-2006, 01:01 PM
well, to start with, he uses magic in patterns, so if you get Yuna to use the correct nul spell, he can't touch you that much. also, try to get all your aeons overdrives full, and blast him with them, cause he gets rid of your aeons after one attack, so you can't use them for much else. you might have levels too low, so you should train your sphere grid levels while you are builing EVERYONE'S overdrives (you swap your characters around so that they all use their overdrive) you should have Yuna in your team cause she can heal and use the important nul spells

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
02-10-2006, 02:29 PM
charge up all ur aeons overdrives
charge up ur chars overdrives
first cast bio on seymour to reduce about 5,000 per go
then use all ur overdrives (if u don't hav wakka's attack reels get that before you start)
then put in ur strongest attackers (usually tidus wakka n auron)
cast hastega
beat him to death :D

jobs a gud un

starseeker
02-10-2006, 04:53 PM
Level up greatly

Lost Number
02-10-2006, 04:56 PM
Cast haste on seymour, aling with bio. Then JUST HEAL! DO NOT ATTACK!

Renmiri
02-10-2006, 06:23 PM
Let he turn one of your your guys into zombies and cast reflect on him. He will try to heal the zombie to kill it but reflect won't let him. Your zombie character can not die, .i.e., you can not get Game over. Attack with your other guys and you will eventualy kick his butt

PS: Use the same tactic to beat Yunalesca, your next tough fight after Seymour

boys from the dwarf
02-10-2006, 06:49 PM
have as many healers as you can to heal from the amount of damage he gives you and only have one person attack so you can just slowly peck him to death. play it as defensively as possible. i think most of your characters should have 3000-4000 HP or else his total annihilation attack near the end will wipe you out. seems as total annihilation counts as a magic attack its best to have shell to lower the damage from around 3000-4000 to 2000-2500. as long as he doesnt heal too much you should just play it safe. keep characters alive for as long as possible and open the battle with as many aeon overdrives as you can. usually unleashing everybodys overdrives will kill a boss or nearly kill him because he has 70000 HP which is more than anything youve battled.

look_out_below
02-10-2006, 07:59 PM
I have a few tips
-Like the above people said have all your characters and aeons set to use overdrives.
-Have Rikku in the starting party and have her mix 2 doors of tommorow (if you have them i cant remeber when you get them) for trio of 9999 damage, if you dont have doors of tommorow then have her mix sleeping powder and a firegem to do abanddon fire which will posion and damage Seymour.
-Dont waste turns at the beginning of the battle casting regen, protect, shell, and reflect; Seymour will only dispel them (cast shell on characters ONLY near the end of the battle)
-Use dispel on Seymour
-try to have Zombie ward armour, if you dont have this then have lots of holy water and phonenix downs
-cast haste at least on Yuna and have her cast the Nul spells on everyone else
That should help, i hope

Lost Number
02-10-2006, 08:00 PM
To get doors to tomorrow, bribe the machina in calm lands.

Renmiri
02-10-2006, 08:45 PM
-try to have Zombie ward armour, if you dont have this then have lots of holy water and phonenix downs

It is easier to do just the opposite: LEAVE YOUR GUYS AS ZOMBIES as zombies can only be killed by a healing or life spell , which you can easily stop by casting "reflect" on your zombie character. This way Seymout can not hurt your characer not even with his strongest spell, so you have plenty of time to chisel away at his life points.

Lost Number
02-10-2006, 08:57 PM
With my never fail method, you dont even need to attack!
No attack, so he never trigger Total Annihilation!
He kills himself!
Just heal, and guard from the sweep attack(or whatever)!

D.os
02-10-2006, 10:32 PM
Well, I used tidus, Yuna and Auron (I've also use rikku's overdrive once)
equip tidus and yuna with a Blessed Shild/Ring.
Put Auron and Tidus' overdrives has Warrior, so that way u'll have yr bar always full, don't forget to put Yuna's overdrive has Healler.
With Tidus put haste on everybody and cast Protect and Shell with Yuna.
Focus your attack at Mortiorchis, and i'll absorve some Hp from Seymour. Keep your characters Hp high cuz Total Annihilation will come when Seymour's Hp starts to decresse! When it's above 8000 u can use Shiva's Overdrive and finish with him :D
That's what i did anyway.:p

Storm
02-11-2006, 12:30 AM
Have Yuna cast "Protect" to defend against Cross Cleave, and have Yuna cast "Shell" on everyone to defend against Total Annihilation. As someone already suggested, get Lulu to cast Bio immediately.

raskerino
02-11-2006, 02:05 PM
As I said in a thread a little while ago:

So most probably all of this has been said before but here goes:

(the below numbers are from the boss faq by Haunter120 on gamefaqs)

Seymour Flux, Mortiorchis
HP: 70000, 4000

So you must deal about 70,000 damage without dying from his arsenal of attacks including mainly, Lance of Atrophy (again this info is stolen, with some ideas of my own and some not), Full-Life, Annihilation and dispel.

We can deal with these attacks thusly:
Lance of Atrophy casts zombie on a character- no threat a holy water quickly fies this and his follow up cast of Full-Life which would kill you heals you... no danger here.
Dispel can be annoying as haste is very helpful but once again it can be easily stopped, this time by silence (probably Wakka would be best for this, though Rikku's tosses are good for status).
Total Annihilation is his most dangerous move dealing maybe 3500-5000 damage. However Shell brings this move down a huge degree, it should do no more than 2000 to a shelled character. This can be cast by a white mage, or if you have it Kimahri's mighty guard.
Banish kills an aeon instantly, so only rely on a single attack from them such as an overdrive.
Seymour also has flare, but I think silence avoids that and a few other moves I can't recall- but nothing dangerous.

Your Way of Killing him:
There are many different ideas and here they are:
-Tidus is very useful, he does reasonable damage and can haste (hastega) your party.
-He has a huge weakness to poison which is easily exploited by a variety of moves, specifically bio from Lulu and item usage from Rikku.
-The standard Aeon sac strategy is effective, bringing in a few aeons with prepared overdrives can easily hugely deplete his HP.
-Heavy damage is of course helpful so your strongest characters should be used. Yuna's excellent as a healer/summoner and I like Tidus for haste skills and Wakka because of silence buster, which will keap Seymour on a leash.
-Wakka can stop Seymour from using dispel. This may not sound good but it means he won't cancel your haste or your shell- this turns out to be very helpful for surviving Annihilation.

He's probably (read:undoubtedly) the toughest yet but his attacks can all be equalized and with skills such as bio, aeons and strong attacks he shouldn't be too hard to knock off. If I remember rightly Mortiorchis has lower defense, so attacking it with physical attacks from Tidus or Auron is probably helpful (not Wakka because silencing Seymour is so helpful).

Hope this helps!

Psydekick
02-15-2006, 08:59 AM
Raska said it all

Tavrobel
02-15-2006, 08:20 PM
Bio does not work all the time, it should take about 4 tries at most to poison Seymour, but it does not do 25% to Seymour as it does to your characters. It does about 5% (which is still more than anything you can do at this point).

The Mortivessel regenerates in this pattern 4k (starting), 4k, 3k, 2k, 1k. So either use the Aeons as early as you can (causing 9999+4000 to Seymour), to avoid the declining returns, or use them only for the Overkill.

Psydekick
02-16-2006, 08:21 AM
Aeons in Overdrive works

obsessed_wif_yuna
02-19-2006, 06:42 AM
yeah charge all of ur pplz overdrives in cluding ur aeons. then get evri 1 do do their over drives but warning: if u do yunas over drive, the aeon she uses will die coz he banishes them. then use all ur aeons over drives aswell. oh and hav zombie proof or zombie ward armour on .. i think... if that duz nt work then just cure them b4 he uses full cure or wateva the fk he uses and kills u.

~owy

Zeromus_X
02-19-2006, 06:47 AM
I'm on this exact same part. That strategy with Wakka could be helpful :cat:...