PDA

View Full Version : Trouble finding parties...

DMKA
02-10-2006, 08:09 AM
Do you ever find it...EXTREMELY hard to find a party invite?

I got to Kazham a week or two ago and ever since I find it real hard to find a party to get into. Could it be because of my job (RDM main/BLM sub), or are some areas just naturally slow with the parties like this?

Miriel
02-10-2006, 08:29 AM
Could be your sub, or it could be plain bad luck.

But if you're really in need of a party, why not start your own?

Lionx
02-10-2006, 10:00 AM
Bad Time Zone?
Not enough players online?
Gimp sub?
Bad equip and maybe others have bad experiences with you?
You arent LFG at the right areas?
you are Anon?

If the above doesnt apply and theres enough people seeking, start your own.

DMKA
02-10-2006, 10:15 AM
I would start my own but I have no clue how to properly build a party.

Rostum
02-10-2006, 10:25 AM
Usually just need a tank (PLD, NIN or WAR/MNK), two melee DD's (WAR, SAM, DRG, DRK, MNK, etc.), a healer (WHM, RDM, SMN), and two other mage DD's (RDM, BLM, SMN).

That's pretty much it at those levels. Later on you pretty much need a BRD or RDM for refresh -- unless you're in a burn party (i.e. All blms, all mnk's, all melee, etc)

Edit: I lie, you need a refresher in manaburn, and probably a brd in melee (don't know too much about burn parties).

Yeargdribble
02-10-2006, 09:15 PM
need a refresher in manaburn, and probably a brd in melee (don't know too much about burn parties).

Yeah... pretty much BRD is the heart of all burn PTs. We keep them moving fast with 0 downtime.

BHL (lionx) pretty much nailed it on the head.

1) If you are playing at odd times you will miss most PTs. I notice the Jungles are less populated these days anyway but if you are playing on JP primetime you are less likely to get a PT period. Same if you are playing between primetimes and not many people are on.

2) Your subjob is a huge issue. The higher you go with RDM to more you will be pretty much required to have WHM as a sub along with BLM. Also if your subjob is underleveled don't even think of putting your flag up. Always have your sub leveled as it can affect many other things.

3)Reputation... this is probably the bigggest one. Never PT badly or with a bad attitude or with gimp gear or a gimp sub. Also there are RDMs that make it all the way to 75 without both BLM and WHM as subs... but it earns them a bad reputation for lacking the versatility. Doing your best and having these available will make you get more PTs. Also keep in mind that after a certain point you will basically not be allowed to mele without people being pissed at you as a RDM. Some people are dense and think a RDM should NEVER melee but those people are morons and don't know why except some high level person in their LS told them RDM shouldn't melee... whatever.

4) Some players expect you to have the leetest gear... this isn't really a necessity but you should have reasonable gear. A few INT and MND pieces here and there to help your enfeebles land. The Baron's (Trader's +1) set is very good for RDM all around in most slots but is out of most people's price range on their first job. Still people are idiots and half expect to see this.

5) lol going /anon and forgetting has lost me a few PT. Make sure it's off. Also be realistic about PT invites. You can't expect them too fast all the time especially at certain times. I experience a slow down on invites at these levels. RDM really doesn't get popular until 41+. Also this is the point right after which BRD > RDM from 25-41 so that could affect you.

6) Also your rank might be an issue. You should be at least Rank 3. People (however mistakenly) judge your abilities based on your Rank. Also ranking up shows that you care about more than just grinding and a lot of people like that.

escobert
02-10-2006, 09:31 PM
I think I cold also have these troubles soon being a theif. Where do I fit into the picture of things? I'm level 13 right now , and I've solod there.

Lionx
02-10-2006, 09:53 PM
Level 15 is where THF gets more love with Sneak Attack.

RDM meleeing gives the mob sword TP(whatever you gain) with an additional 3 and you wont do more than 20 damage(and thats generous) and it also distracts many RDMs from doing their jobs right, hence why you dont melee(post 51 you should use ele staves anyway).

DMKA
02-11-2006, 12:58 AM
Yeah... pretty much BRD is the heart of all burn PTs. We keep them moving fast with 0 downtime.

BHL (lionx) pretty much nailed it on the head.

1) If you are playing at odd times you will miss most PTs. I notice the Jungles are less populated these days anyway but if you are playing on JP primetime you are less likely to get a PT period. Same if you are playing between primetimes and not many people are on.

2) Your subjob is a huge issue. The higher you go with RDM to more you will be pretty much required to have WHM as a sub along with BLM. Also if your subjob is underleveled don't even think of putting your flag up. Always have your sub leveled as it can affect many other things.

3)Reputation... this is probably the bigggest one. Never PT badly or with a bad attitude or with gimp gear or a gimp sub. Also there are RDMs that make it all the way to 75 without both BLM and WHM as subs... but it earns them a bad reputation for lacking the versatility. Doing your best and having these available will make you get more PTs. Also keep in mind that after a certain point you will basically not be allowed to mele without people being pissed at you as a RDM. Some people are dense and think a RDM should NEVER melee but those people are morons and don't know why except some high level person in their LS told them RDM shouldn't melee... whatever.

4) Some players expect you to have the leetest gear... this isn't really a necessity but you should have reasonable gear. A few INT and MND pieces here and there to help your enfeebles land. The Baron's (Trader's +1) set is very good for RDM all around in most slots but is out of most people's price range on their first job. Still people are idiots and half expect to see this.

5) lol going /anon and forgetting has lost me a few PT. Make sure it's off. Also be realistic about PT invites. You can't expect them too fast all the time especially at certain times. I experience a slow down on invites at these levels. RDM really doesn't get popular until 41+. Also this is the point right after which BRD > RDM from 25-41 so that could affect you.

6) Also your rank might be an issue. You should be at least Rank 3. People (however mistakenly) judge your abilities based on your Rank. Also ranking up shows that you care about more than just grinding and a lot of people like that.
How the hell do you have more than one subjob? o__O

Lionx
02-11-2006, 01:14 AM
By leveling other jobs up as well and asking the party what to sub to most benefit the party. I have BLM and BRD leveled up and i have used both before(BLM more usually) and they work well. I dont level SMN up because i feel its too weak compared to BLM, but i might one day just to have more versitility. The more subs you can use the better.

Yeargdribble
02-11-2006, 01:48 AM
A big one I didn't mention is having a search comment. You should always go in and edit your seach comment with your TNL and other such stuff. People tend to invite the people with a search comment first. Putting in your comment that you have WHM and BLM available will make people wanna invite you more because they'll assume you have more experience in the game. Also the higher you go the more you might need WHM sub for main healing where you absolutely must have things like Paralyna etc to main heal.

Fayts
02-15-2006, 02:54 PM
Do you ever find it...EXTREMELY hard to find a party invite?

I got to Kazham a week or two ago and ever since I find it real hard to find a party to get into. Could it be because of my job (RDM main/BLM sub), or are some areas just naturally slow with the parties like this?
wuts ur lev it could be that ppl normaly only invite till around lev 20 then u have 2 go to jeuno and lev at quafim island

DJZen
02-15-2006, 03:03 PM
Kazham is generally regarded as the next zone to level in after Qufim, unless I'm wrong, which I might be.