PDA

View Full Version : Sphere Break Anyone? Or maybe a round of lightnin rod towers?

IceAngel
02-10-2006, 11:17 AM
Plz help me im really stuck on this sphere break game. Its weird first tym i played the game though i beat shinra in chapter 5 even tho that could hav been luck. The problem is i cant beat him in chapter 3 in the sphere break challenge. I managed 2 work out that i need to do at least 5 quotas in a round but i just cant do it and i always lose. Any tips to help.

O and also. Any tips on completin the lightnin rod towers mini game. I can do all of them except 9 and 10. Luck made me complete 7 i think so pleeeeeeeez help! I wana get the game 100% complete for the bonus endin!!!:(

DeathKnight
02-10-2006, 11:48 AM
Those lightning rods are a BITCH!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I had to team up with my brother to get 'em done:eep: :choc2:

starseeker
02-10-2006, 04:59 PM
You only need to attempt to fix all of them, to get the reward. You might be able to get away with not completing 9. 5 is the minimum.

Renmiri
02-10-2006, 06:07 PM
Beating Shinra on the 3rd chapter:

For people who want to beat Shinra in chapter 3, you need to master 1 thing before you battle him
- Learn to use Coin Count Echo

At the tournament you are given the following coins:

** One of them comes with "Coin Count Echo", can't remember which

Starting: 1st turn
Do not go overboard and use 10 coins to do a break. This will cause Shinra's sphere to give you very few coins for the next 3 turns, i.e. very few options and low quota. You will go a lot further by liminting your coin counts to lower than 5.

From the first turn you need to start trying to get a Coin Count echo chain going

At any break try to use the same number of coins to keep getting echoes. Aim for a low coin count: 3 coins or 2 coins. Aiming for a chain of 4 coins is a bit risky. It is almost impossible to keep a good echo chain going with higher number of coins on most opponents, Shinra in particular.

If you keep on a steady 3 coins chain you will be close to 100 way before your last turn. Shinra's sphere throws a couple of "1" that will break your chain. Just start again, avoiding the "10 coins on a break syndrome" (unless you are at 90 coins and you can fill the quota in this turn, then go for it!)

Exception: Sphere throws a "2"
If you have just started a new chain and the sphere throws a 2 is party time: Pick 3 or 5 (or any odd number) from your center coins and then pick all the even coins on the border. Finish with an odd coin on the border that gives you goodies or use the other odd center coin. (5 if you started with 3's or vice versa). But this will cause the sphere to thorw very few coins for the next 3-4 turns so you may want to stop after the 5th coin...

http://www.ffx2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73081&page=3&pp=10

Rikkugrl12
02-11-2006, 01:16 AM
Plz help me im really stuck on this sphere break game. Its weird first tym i played the game though i beat shinra in chapter 5 even tho that could hav been luck. The problem is i cant beat him in chapter 3 in the sphere break challenge. I managed 2 work out that i need to do at least 5 quotas in a round but i just cant do it and i always lose. Any tips to help.

O and also. Any tips on completin the lightnin rod towers mini game. I can do all of them except 9 and 10. Luck made me complete 7 i think so pleeeeeeeez help! I wana get the game 100% complete for the bonus endin!!!:(

If you want to get the 100% completion and you cant do it the first time go through it agian on the new game plus and if you sided with the youth leage the first time side with yevon so you can get the completion pionts and youll go up thats wat im doing and its working. if you dont get it than just ask

Yuna_wannabe
02-11-2006, 02:03 AM
i hate sphere break...

DeathKnight
02-11-2006, 11:40 AM
i hate sphere break...

so do I:choc2:

IceAngel
02-11-2006, 02:20 PM
Thanx. i am doin da game agen but i still dnt think ill be able 2 get 100% coz of the sphere break and the gunners gaunlet. Can u still get 100% if u dnt complete these?

Renmiri
02-11-2006, 07:22 PM
You need the gunners gauntlet but you don't need to beat Shinra, you just need to compete and get to the final with him. win or lose you get the % points later

IceAngel
02-11-2006, 07:49 PM
Damb i hate the gunners gauntlet. Iv got the strategy guide n everythin n it still dnt help! I'm hopeless coz i keep getting killed by all the animals that keep coming at me. Any suggestions on that also.

Seto Fett
02-11-2006, 11:36 PM
I just beat the gauntlet. Try to avoid getting hit(duh), as it breaks your chain. Your chain goes up as you kill more fiends without getting hit yourself, and it will boost your points dramatically considering you keep the chain. You can easily breeze past 500 with 2-2.5 minutes left if you keep the chain alive. In fact, I lost it within the first minute but still had 2 minutes left with a new chain. Just keep pressing O and gathering ammo, and you should be ok. The fiends come in patterns too, so if you memorize that, it only helps more.

look_out_below
02-12-2006, 12:37 AM
You only have to defeat Shinra in Sphere break if you want the Lady Luck dressphere. For the gauntlet if found that just stopping in the area with the waterfalls worked best for building up points. The fiends will come to you from only one direction and there is enough space in between their apperances for you to get ammo. Also only (and always whenever you can) use the death shots on the birds.

IceAngel
02-12-2006, 09:12 PM
I hate those birds. Thanx guys. I'll give it a go! i'll probs ask 4 more advice tho. lol!

Xalioniaf
02-13-2006, 01:30 PM
I'm stuck on the lightning towers as well, but the only one I have left is Yuna's last one. Do I NEED to finish it for the 100%? It's gonna suck seeing my file iwth 99% completed ~.~

Tavrobel
02-13-2006, 02:55 PM
No, you do not need to finsh all the towers for 100%. The Percents are based on what parts of the story you reveal (events). Losing also gives percents. Beating the towers only gives you better items during a mission in Chapter 5. (some are not that useful even if you do get 10, but it can't hurt to try)

And you don't have to win ANY mini-game for 100%, but if you don't, it may take multiple games to get 100%, because you get more if you win.

IceAngel
02-13-2006, 04:16 PM
I'm tellin you that it better work!

BG-57
02-13-2006, 06:12 PM
The best items you can get for calibrating Lightning Towers 9 and 10 are a Sublimator and a Ribbon, respectively. You can get both items in other ways, so you need to consider if they are worth getting by calibration.

Yuna_wannabe
02-13-2006, 07:03 PM
I suck at Sphere break!! i cant actually believe i bet Shinra! its such an annoying game then again i think most of the mini-games in FFx-2 Are quit annoying like lupin dash what up wit dat?

The Lightning rod tower thingy wasnt that bad until # 7 i gave up after my score was 25. They are quite easy but i have to agree with Deathknight they are a Bitch!

IceAngel
02-14-2006, 01:47 PM
I beat him in chapter 5 1st time i played the game but i still cant defeat him in chapter 3. I dont' get why that is? I thought he had a lower difficulty level in this chapter!

Rikkugrl12
02-14-2006, 03:36 PM
Thanx. i am doin da game agen but i still dnt think ill be able 2 get 100% coz of the sphere break and the gunners gaunlet. Can u still get 100% if u dnt complete these?
well i think so my coousin play it and she got 100% on her game but maybe that was a new game plus? i dont no but ill play the game through and maybe ill get it but you have to do everything differnt like side with the oppsite person like last time it was youth and now yevon it will give you pionts cause i already have 86% or 87% im not sure i finished the game at 82%. I did the comsperes wrong so im going to do it agian and ill get some %, so good luck to both of us,lol.:choc:

Rikkugrl12
02-14-2006, 03:40 PM
Damb i hate the gunners gauntlet. Iv got the strategy guide n everythin n it still dnt help! I'm hopeless coz i keep getting killed by all the animals that keep coming at me. Any suggestions on that also.
i have the book to but i got 494 points and i ran out of time i through my controoler down i was so close!!!!! stupid Gunner Gauntlet!:mad2:

IceAngel
02-14-2006, 05:24 PM
lol. yes good luck next time!

BG-57
02-25-2006, 03:10 AM
I got to the Sphere Break challenge in Chapter 3 and so far I haven't been able to beat Shinra. Here's my dilemma:

The first time I lost against him, I nonetheless managed to score the Treasure Hunt Garment Grid. I saved that on a separate save file.

1) The guide said you can still get the Lady Luck Dress Sphere in Chapter 5. How do you go about getting it that way?

2) Is not having Lady Luck in Chapter 3 and 4 a big handicap?

3) Is the lack of completion points a big problem?

If the answers to the last two questions are no, I'll just take the loss and consider the Garment Grid a consolation prize. :greenie:

Markus. D
02-25-2006, 01:35 PM
as soon as I stopped playing sphere break, I forgot how to play it.

tis awesome.

just listen to what renmiri said though, should help ^_^

IceAngel
02-25-2006, 08:30 PM
I got to the Sphere Break challenge in Chapter 3 and so far I haven't been able to beat Shinra. Here's my dilemma:

The first time I lost against him, I nonetheless managed to score the Treasure Hunt Garment Grid. I saved that on a separate save file.

1) The guide said you can still get the Lady Luck Dress Sphere in Chapter 5. How do you go about getting it that way?

2) Is not having Lady Luck in Chapter 3 and 4 a big handicap?

3) Is the lack of completion points a big problem?

If the answers to the last two questions are no, I'll just take the loss and consider the Garment Grid a consolation prize. :greenie:

1)Go to Luca into the right side basement. Shinra will be standing next to the man next to the save sphere. His difficulty is more but that shouldn't be a prob! :)

2) I think if you dont beat him in the 3rd chapter (but qualify to beat him) and beat him in chapter 5 it increases you completed score anyway - not sure by how much though. The dressphere isn't that much of a difference though.

3)I think you only need to worry about lack of completion points if u wanna see a decent ending... :D

BG-57
02-25-2006, 10:21 PM
Hmm...so I have to eventually beat him at Sphere Break either way to get the Dress Sphere?

This brings up an interesting point though. Apparently you don't have to win to keep the items you get through the course of play. So theoretically I could play against Shinra until I get the Garment Grid, whether I win each time or not.

rubah
02-25-2006, 11:10 PM
The lady luck DS is a level and ap MAGNET. Plus, the outfits on the girls are cute:)

It's much easier to get in Chapter 3. You'll probably only need to reset about four times, if you're moderately skilled at spherebreak. In chapter five, you need many more points to win against him.

BG-57
02-26-2006, 02:22 PM
So I'm better off getting the Dress Sphere earlier and the Garment Grid later. When is the next time you can play against Shinra after the tournament ends?

true_bacon22
02-26-2006, 07:14 PM
i hate sphere break...

Its a piece of crap FFx-2 didnt suck but sphere break defently screwed it to hell. Instead of putting in gay retarded $@*(!@▐─Ü╘pσ÷ break they should of just put in FFIX's card game. That was good and actualy fun.This just.no..just..no. and the lightning towers werent bad I beat all of them except rikkus last one were you have to press two buttons at the same time.

BG-57
02-27-2006, 04:22 AM
Apparently you can have your cake and eat it to: After about 8 tries, I manged to get both Lady Luck and Treasure Hunt! :D

It took me longer than usual since I had to figure out how to consistently get echo bonuses. It's one thing to understand the principle, another to work it out in practice. Three coins seemed to be the happy medium for me.

IceAngel
02-27-2006, 07:07 PM
I think sphere break is just something that im not good at. I must have managed to beat Shinra in chapter 5 purely from luck! :(