PDA

View Full Version : Which DS game of these 7 should I get with my next allowance?

KentaRawr!
02-11-2006, 04:29 AM
Edit: Gosh darnded Enter Key! I didn't finish making the poll!!! :mad2: If a mod can do this, could you add the other games to the poll? You can leave out the quotes.

Hello. Once again, I am making a topic where I am stumped about which game to get next. Every month, I get an allowance which happens to be just about enough to get a used DS game, and since the DS has been getting so many games that happened to catch my interest, I have decided to get one with this month's allowance. I am getting my allowance on the 15th, but the poll will stay open after that date for future reference. Just in case I also decide to get a DS game next month as well. :p

I am an RPG fan, mostly. I also like adventure games, such as Super Metroid and Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow. When I played Aria of Sorrow, the game was impressive to me. Dawn of Sorrow was recently announced, and I wondered if I should get it. That is why I put Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow on my list of games I am considering.

I also heard many good things of Advance Wars for the GBA, and I tried it out for a while. It was very enjoyable for the time I played it, and was considering actually buying one of the games. I heard about Advance Wars: Dual Strike, and then looked at my DS collecting dust while a game like this was on the shelves. This is why I put it on my list of games I am considering.

When my family got the N64, after a years period, we had 3 Mario Rip-offs that each belonged to one of the three that actually used it in our family. To my sister was Mario Party 3, and it was pretty much her favorite game. My brother had Super Smash Bros., which quite honestly, I didn't get good at until I played SSBM. And I had Mario Kart 64, and I remember how much fun we all had with it. My Mom, Poppy, Brothers and Sister all loved it. We would have mini-tournaments, and I remember how great we were at it. I always chose Luigi, due to my older sister being the Mario. My eldest brother always chose Bowser or Toad. I remember one day, my little brother Danny was playing, and he was going backwards for a while. He didn't really want to win the race, but he still found the game fun. He got bored with it after a while, and my sister said: "I bet you can't win the race.", and I reacted by getting in 2nd place. My sister said to me: "Hey, you're pretty good..." and then announced to everyone: "Nico's good at Mario Kart!" These are the reasons why I put Mario Kart DS on my list of games I am considering.

I used to be quite the fan of the Sonic Series, but when they turned all 3D, it was kind of bleh. I liked the 3Dness for a while, but now I really am not interested. I loved Sonic 3 and Knuckles for the Sega Genesis, though. I don't recall beating it frequently, but it was one of my favorite games when I was younger. :D That is why I put Sonic Rush on my list of games that I am considering.

One day, I was browsing the boards. It was before the DS was getting good games, and I was losing faith. I saw a topic by Kawaii Ryukishi, and it was about a new DS game called Nanostray. At first I thought it would be funny to get a game with my eldest brother's name in the title, but then I looked at a video, and it seemed pretty cool. I was going to get it, but I got Metroid Prime instead. Month(s) later, I played Ikaruga. Was greatly impressed, and was satisfied. And for reasons I forgot, I never played it again. Then this month came around, and I was considering getting a DS game. I looked back at Nanostray, and this is why I put Nanostray on my list of games I am considering.

Kirby: Canvas Curse is considered to be the first DS game to use the Stylus well. When I heard about it, I considered it to be a must-buy. But similar to Nanostray, I got Metroid Prime instead. It doesn't have many big memories, but it looks pretty darn cool. I have seen video's and pictures, and Kirby: Super Star IS one of my favorite games of all time. I put it on my list of games I am considering because it looks so cool.

Super Mario: RPG. My first RPG to beat ever, and also my first square game. When I beat it, I probably never touched it again. But it still remains one of the greatest memories ever. A year or so later, my sister was feeling ill. We went to block-buster to rent her a game to play, and she was a Mario Fan. We somehow picked Paper Mario to rent for her, and both her and I played it. I helped her get past certain parts, but even though she required help, she went far beyond me in the game. She says she almost got to bowser's castle, but she never beat it after then. I was considering getting Paper Mario 2, but never did. Now I look back at Mario RPG, and wonder if this new RPG for the DS will have the same charm as the other Mario RPG's. It seems great, but I still wonder. Should I get it? This is why I put it on my list of games I am considering buying.

I wish I could get all 7, but it would take 7 months to get them all. I will probably try to get them all, but with other games coming out as well, I wonder if I ever will. So I will just decide now, which game should I get in the first month? This poll will start with 2 votes, but only one will be shown. I will vote for my Mom in this poll, but I will just have to keep my sister's vote in mind. Remember that Kirby: Canvas Curse has one more vote than it does on the poll chart.

Happy voting. n_n

Each vote choice will contain a memory of something I said in the far past or a quote from someone else. (They are mostly from me.) I just put those there for entertainment. Please don't let them alter your vote. Again, happy voting.

ljkkjlcm9
02-11-2006, 05:08 AM
doesn't matter what the other choices are, get Mario Kart

THE JACKEL

Del Murder
02-11-2006, 05:13 AM
I only see three games on the poll. Anyway, this is a moot point since Castlevania is the one to get.

KentaRawr!
02-11-2006, 05:19 AM
I only see three games on the poll. Anyway, this is a moot point since Castlevania is the one to get.

The first part of the post says I accidentally hit the enter key before the poll was done. :( It's a sad day for this poll.

Rase
02-11-2006, 05:25 AM
Castlevania, easily. Don't get me wrong, I love Mario Kart and Kirby, but man, Dawn of Sorrow has just owned my soul since I got it.

Awesomeman
02-11-2006, 07:49 AM
Castlevania!:D

a nirvana fan
02-11-2006, 11:12 PM
Castlevania is excellent.

Zeldy
02-11-2006, 11:16 PM
MK: DS :( You can go online! None of the others can! Nerrr!

DK
02-11-2006, 11:33 PM
I've got Sonic, Mario Kart and Kirby, and they're all great, but Kirby is really awesome. So is Mario Kart. I dunno. :D

Ashi
02-12-2006, 04:37 PM
I'm getting Mario Kart next so I vote Mario Kart!

eestlinc
02-26-2006, 01:35 AM
Castlevania!

NeoCracker
02-26-2006, 03:16 AM
Didn't feel like reading it, so I will assume randomly Lunar Dragon song is on that list

Rengori
02-26-2006, 07:10 AM
Get Mario Kart.

Jowy
02-27-2006, 05:53 AM
I just got my DS three days ago. Brief rundown of what I've picked up so far:
Castlevania's freaking hard but I LOVE it. If you're a fan of the series, pick it up.
Resident Evil's terrible voice acting and tank-like controls still have a warm spot in my heart, and the rebirth mode and multi-player is worth a purchase alone.
Mario Kart is an obvious choice. It's the best one yet, I think.
Kirby's entertaining. I didn't play it much because my girlfriend just decided to gank it while I cooked her dinner.
Trauma Center's very unique and executed well, but it gets a bit on the difficult side. Of course, surgery isn't supposed to be easy.
I preordered Super Princess Peach too. Getting that on Wednesday.

Lunar: Dragon Song is terrible. Please stay away from it. :)

KentaRawr!
03-01-2006, 02:59 AM
Well, I bought a game a few days ago. The person working there claimed Castlevania has been cancelled. "One time shipment." I just assumed he was wrong, considering he also claimed that Metroid Prime 3 was cancelled due to horrible sales. I simply got Mario Kart. :p Thanks for voting. Next time I have the money, I will buy Castlevania. Then I will go to the shop and wave the case in that guys face. :)