PDA

View Full Version : Finding Ultimate Weapon

Fooksan
02-11-2006, 05:04 PM
Now this might be a noob of a question, but its been 5 years since I last played this game. You can fight and defeat Ultimate Weapon right after he attacks Mideel right? Coz I spent an HOUR last night trying to find it. I remember the last time I played the game I just chased right after the attack and beat him a couple of times up to Cosmo Canyon, but in my new game a little after the attack (I've just got Key Of The Ancincts) I just can't find him...

Does he appear after Diamond or am I am right and is he available for an ass kicking now?

Fatal Impurity
02-11-2006, 06:23 PM
he is available for an ass kicking youve just gotta keep following him around the world until he stops lol

Clodan
02-11-2006, 10:56 PM
you must defeat that monster 5x. if you do that, you get the Weapon "Ultimate Weapon" or in my country "Ultimative Waffe". ;)

a nirvana fan
02-11-2006, 11:18 PM
you must defeat that monster 5x. if you do that, you get the Weapon "Ultimate Weapon" or in my country "Ultimative Waffe". ;)

Pretty much although you might have to fight him 6 times.

Fonzie
02-12-2006, 05:49 AM
First, you must beat Diamond Weapon and the Northern Crater has to be open. Then you'll find him flying over cities.

Brian The Pink Shark
02-12-2006, 09:34 AM
you dont need to defeat him 6 times, if you take off enough damage int he first battle you can defeat him the second time you fight him ie use KOTR *is a cheating bastard* :choc:

Neco Arc
02-12-2006, 10:28 AM
Or you can not damage him and steal as many circlets and reflect rings as much as you want.

cloud_doll
02-12-2006, 06:03 PM
the first time you beat him he's just standing above the big circle lake in the middle of the east continent...well thats where he was in my game

Masamune·1600
02-19-2006, 01:08 AM
Ultimate Weapon can only be defeated once it hovers in the "final location" near Cosmo Canyon. In order to force Ultimate to fly to this location, one must reduce its HP to ≤ 20,000. The monster begins with 100,000 HP, and (much like Doom Gaze in FFVI) loses HP during battles, which is not recovered for subsequent fights. Consequently, Ultimate Weapon can be forced to the final site almost immediately, or the process can be dragged out for however long one desires.

After the Mideel incident, the first optional battle with Ultimate will take place at a "lake" on the initial continent, where a forest used to be located. After this, it can eventually be chased to one of several locations; these sites are Midgar, the Northern Crater, Mideel, Ft. Condor, Gongaga, the Nibelheim area, and the entrance to the path to North Corel. The battle location will shuffle randomly between these locations until 80,000+ HP has been taken off, at which time Ultimate can be chased to the Cosmo Area.

Captain Maxx Power
02-19-2006, 01:14 AM
Out of interest what factor causes Ulty to leg it after each battle?

Masamune·1600
02-19-2006, 01:59 AM
I'm not totally sure, but I believe the story battle ends after Ultimate uses his normal repertoire (Quake2, a physical attack, Ultima Beam), while the optional battles end after roughly 3-5 turns. This seems to be a random determination by the AI. Damage plays no real role in the escapes, other than the 80,000+ damage forcing him to flee to the final location.