PDA

View Full Version : Getting the final Airship

m00se
02-11-2006, 07:22 PM
Boy this cave is tough. Any hints on how to get past these multiplying monsters? I made it pretty far with a thief but then you come to a point where you can't escape the monsters. I'm using a karate master, knight, white mage, and dragoon/thief.

Crossblades
02-11-2006, 07:32 PM
Yeah, this cave was annoying as hell. Just have a Black Mage use his strongest magic on the monsters and have a Knight or Karate Master finish them off.

Captain Maxx Power
02-11-2006, 07:53 PM
One word : MKnights. Their weapons are the only ones that, provided they make the killing blow, DON'T cause the monsters to divide. Switch EVERYONE in your party to MKnights and whack away.

m00se
02-11-2006, 07:54 PM
where can you pick up some MKnight weapons? I'm not sure i have any. My crew's at level 28.

Crossblades
02-11-2006, 08:16 PM
One word : MKnights. Their weapons are the only ones that, provided they make the killing blow, DON'T cause the monsters to divide. Switch EVERYONE in your party to MKnights and whack away.

But you can't get any MKnights weapons till AFTER you get the Invincible

KoShiatar
02-11-2006, 09:50 PM
No, because the village where you get them is over the mountains. If you don't have weapons good for the Mystic Knight, try to use magics that will kill the enemy instantly.
For that purpose I like Exit (if cast on a monster in battle may cause instant death) and Break (causes petrification). Also the Odin summon works fine, but I don't think you have it yet, do you?

Captain Maxx Power
02-11-2006, 10:08 PM
But you can't get any MKnights weapons till AFTER you get the Invincible

My memories not what it once was. Plus I've only ever completed this game once.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-11-2006, 10:31 PM
Just be relieved you only have to deal with the respawning guys for a couple floors. After you get the Invincible, there's an entire dungeon full of them.

Crossblades
02-12-2006, 05:28 AM
Just be relieved you only have to deal with the respawning guys for a couple floors. After you get the Invincible, there's an entire dungeon full of them.

The Cave of Darkness. I highly recommend using a Walkthrough

KoShiatar
02-12-2006, 09:21 PM
A walkthrough is not really compulsive, but at least 2 Magic Knights in your party are.
By then you can go to the village where you buy their weapons, so it won't be really too hard to fully equip them (a lot of things also can be found in chests).

Tavrobel
02-12-2006, 10:12 PM
First off, you can't get any MK weapons until Fargabaad, which is over some mountains, which only the Invinclible can cross. There are two caves with spliting enemies, the Underwater Cave, and one in Fargabaad. the underwater cave is required to pass through to get the Invincible. The best way to get through is to use your classes with the highest skills, or if you have a Black Mage, blast them away with whatever is your highest spell. (Thieves are recommended for their high escape rate)

If you defeat them, you will find they are not very efficient EXP givers, unless you make them multiply. A nice and fun way is to stick everyone in the front row, and wait for an ambush, and have your white mage use Exit on all but one splitter, and attack. If there's only one splitter left, and is low on EXP, and you wish to get EXP, heal it, and resume attacking.

Crossblades
02-13-2006, 03:55 PM
First off, you can't get any MK weapons until Fargabaad, which is over some mountains, which only the Invinclible can cross. There are two caves with spliting enemies, the Underwater Cave, and one in Fargabaad. the underwater cave is required to pass through to get the Invincible. The best way to get through is to use your classes with the highest skills, or if you have a Black Mage, blast them away with whatever is your highest spell. (Thieves are recommended for their high escape rate)

There's 3 caves. You forgot Cave of Darkness

And Thieves are useless because you can't escape when fighting these enemies

Tavrobel
02-13-2006, 06:31 PM
There's 3 caves. You forgot Cave of Darkness

And Thieves are useless because you can't escape when fighting these enemies

Ohh, right, I forgot. I haven't played this in a year.