PDA

View Full Version : Sin...

Ravenmasta
02-11-2006, 11:34 PM
I need help trying to kill sin [on the airship after you slice off both arms]...its like impossible not to get swallowed...

Sain Cai
02-12-2006, 12:37 AM
I always wondered why people have so much problems with Overdive Sin? Have you leveled up to at least the end of the characters grids? Have you any celestial weapons? If so, power them up with the crests, and whomp him with the Aeons overdrives.

mega_tonberry
02-12-2006, 01:42 AM
what he said

look_out_below
02-12-2006, 02:17 AM
First time through i didnt have the celestial weapons or had any of my chrarcters at the end of their own grids, it was rather hard, but i was able to do it. If your going to it like i did some suggestions i can give is
-make sure you use haste/hastaga
-Overdrives are your friend
-Have Rikku mix 2 doors of Tommorow so your characters that are out can do 9999 damage with each hit. You can get 99 doors of Tommorow from the monster arena if you catch all the fiends found in 6 different areas. You only have to capture ONE of each fiend not ten.
If your still having trouble after this then i suggest you level up (you can get the celestial weapons but i usually do not bother, most are too time consuming). Some good ways of leveling up are
-Go to the Omega Ruins
-get a weapon with at least 3 customize slots open. Customize it to have Overdrive-->AP (use 20 doors of Tommorow, i think), double AP (need 10 megaelixers) and triple overdrive (30 winning formulas). If you can not get the winning formulas then put on Double Overdrive (uses 20 or 30 Underdog Secrets which you can get 99 of from Rin after you have learnt Alhbed). Get the Overdrive Mode Loner for the character(s) with the custimized weapon (get mode by going up against a weak enemy, casting haste on character, slow on enemy and killing off the other characters. Just block(triangle) until it says you have recieved overdrive mode). Now go to somewhere like Besaid and go up against a pathetically weak creature. Have Yuna cast protect and regen on the character you are leveling up. Have haste cast on character and slow on enemy. Kill off other characters then just block. This will take a while i suggest you watch something else on the TV while leaving the game going and just continually pressing triangle (i watched an episode of The Simpsons). After enough time has passed just kill the fiend and watch as a huge amount of exp points get awarded to that character. This way of leveling is the easiest way, but prehaps not the most entertaining.

BahamutGurl
02-12-2006, 03:24 AM
Aeons work very well against him. So does lulu's doublecasting ability. Black magic like flare and ultima really come in handy

Markus. D
02-12-2006, 06:00 AM
Have Yuna spamming Black Mage "ga" spells.

and have Lulu also spamming black mage spells "ga" types.

take note that if you have followed there default paths, Yuna will outdamage Lulu.

Psydekick
02-12-2006, 08:55 AM
Kill him quickly Attack Reels and Slice and Dice(Blitz ace if you have it) do the job.:)

D.os
02-12-2006, 08:17 PM
Anima is a good aeon for this fight, along with Yuna/Lulu , Tidus and Auron. Good Luck:D

Sain Cai
02-12-2006, 08:54 PM
My guess is that you dont have the Magus Sisters. If you do, then you shouldnt need advice. If you dont, then what the heck you waiting for!!!! GO GET THEM!!!!

Tavrobel
02-12-2006, 10:24 PM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=76967

Refer to this thread for help on Overdrive Sin.

In summary, it has been established that Aeons are too risky to use unless you are desperate, and at the last turns before he pulls you in. Magus Sisters excluded. You normal party should prevail, if you mix Trios of 9999, or Quartet of 9s, or you have learned Flare/Double or better. (Holy/Ultima/Copycat). Really, Overdrive Sin can be defeated before any of the characters get to the end of their Sphere Grid sections (except Kimahri).

a nirvana fan
02-12-2006, 11:04 PM
BOSS BATTLE: Overdrive Sin
HP: 140,000
AP: 20,000
Weakness: none
Steal: Ether, Supreme Gem
This fight requires that you MUST use Hastega in order to win. If not, you'll have to deal with the power of his overdrive, which will almost certainly kill the entire party. If by chance he does get off his overdrive, try to have an Aeon in there to take the blow. Better yet, use Yuna's Grand Summon on an Aeon to unleash two overdrives in a row. In general, use all of your strongest attacks as fast as possible and try to move in all party members to get the great AP.

Source: http://www.evermynd.com/ffxwalkthru.html

And from my personal experience try using Overdrives, equip Celestal Weapons and cast high damaging spells(prefebly Black spells) and use high damaging moves.

Psydekick
02-13-2006, 07:45 AM
I didn't use Hastega

Tavrobel
02-13-2006, 06:33 PM
I didn't use Hastega

A good alternative to Hastega is power leveling.

f by chance he does get off his overdrive, try to have an Aeon in there to take the blow.

An aeon can't take the blow. It inflicts an automatic game over.

Dreddz
02-13-2006, 06:47 PM
Overdrives, Aeons, Attack Reels.

Psydekick
02-15-2006, 08:58 AM
A good alternative to Hastega is power leveling.

An aeon can't take the blow. It inflicts an automatic game over.
Yes thats what i did lol