PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon online dueling game

Erdrick Holmes
02-12-2006, 06:09 AM
http://www.tvsian.com/netbattle/

This was really cool. It's a program that allows you to make your own team of pokemon and battle them online with people. Download this and try playing with me sometime.

I recommend people don't CHEAT either. Do what I did and take my creatures from my game and copied the stats to this.

Lost Number
02-12-2006, 02:40 PM
Downloaded, put my team on, when do we begin?
It doent seem to be working.

Suikojowy
02-12-2006, 02:58 PM
Used to play that a couple or so years ago. I was quite well known among the community but I doubt they'd remember me now :(.

Someone should start a eoff server =O

Lost Number
02-12-2006, 02:59 PM
And then I will beat you.

Suikojowy
02-12-2006, 03:20 PM
Haha, it's on. I'm gonna set up an eoff server in a sec.

No legendaries, right?

EDIT: Gah! I can't connect to the registry server. Someone else will have to do it :(

Lost Number
02-12-2006, 04:33 PM
Try the site, they give other ones.

Erdrick Holmes
02-12-2006, 04:56 PM
I think you gotta register on the site for free.

Lost Number
02-12-2006, 05:15 PM
When ever you want, ill battle.

Crystal_Clear
02-12-2006, 05:44 PM
I only play UU. :(

The Summoner of Leviathan
02-12-2006, 06:06 PM
I had that on my computer then got rid of it since I did not use it. The thing is I do not have my GBC with me at University so I do not know my Pokémons' stats.

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-12-2006, 07:19 PM
Just downloaded it, haven't really fiddled around with it yet. Someone really should make an EoFF server, that'd be a lot of fun.

Rengori
02-12-2006, 07:54 PM
I made a team, now how do I play?

Erdrick Holmes
02-12-2006, 08:32 PM
I wish there was a WAY to make a server. If anybody wants to battle me shoot me a PM if I'm online.

Elite Lord Sigma
02-12-2006, 08:56 PM
I just downloaded it. PM whenever I'm online if you want to take me on.

Suikojowy
02-12-2006, 10:10 PM
I wish there was a WAY to make a server. If anybody wants to battle me shoot me a PM if I'm online.

There should be a "tools" option when you go to start>programs>hubertware>netbattle. Run a server should be there.

I tried before but it wouldn't let me >_<

Spammerman
02-12-2006, 10:17 PM
I put some of my favorie pokemon on my team. Im tryin to run a server now. For some reason i cant connect to any servers/

Rengori
02-12-2006, 10:37 PM
I'm trying that too, making a server for EoFF. But it booted me out. Joel said the server was down.

02-12-2006, 10:41 PM
The main server is frigged up, so you have to use other ones, they have a list of IPs on the site's forum...

Anyways, I would make one but I am pretty sure the router for my residence willl block it.

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-12-2006, 11:21 PM
I really should pick up the newest one and reacquaint myself on all the available pokemon and moves. Right now I'm terribly retro as far as teams go.

02-12-2006, 11:28 PM
I forgot my team's stats, so I set it to 50 and used my knowledge of Gold.

Elite Lord Sigma
02-12-2006, 11:48 PM
I finished making my party, but I can't seem to connect to the server.

Lost Number
02-13-2006, 12:27 PM
Join an alternative sever, they have a list on the site. Goto advanced.
Also, if you want to play me, PM me.

ShunNakamura
02-13-2006, 01:31 PM
I played netbattle a while back. Fun to fiddle with.

As for all of you having issues with server making... that is odd, I did it a while back ago when our ISP went down so that Bro and me could play one another with ease. However I imagine my router firewall would not like outsiders joining..

BizzerocitY
02-13-2006, 02:11 PM
I used to play. Do they have moving graphics yet? Last time it was just the pokemon and I don't even think it showed animations for the move. XD

Suikojowy
02-13-2006, 02:44 PM
which server is everyone on? =S

ShunNakamura
02-13-2006, 02:49 PM
BizzerocitY, I am fairly sure the animations are NOT in yet. But I could be wrong.

As for server, when I was playing I mostly used smogon. but it has been awhile since I have played.

BizzerocitY
02-13-2006, 03:07 PM
Well, I've put on my old team rocket uniform, collected my poison type pokemon, and I'm ready for battle. Now I just need to find this server everyone from here is using XD

Lost Number
02-13-2006, 04:37 PM
Goto batle, goto advanced, type in nb.smogon.com.

Suikojowy
02-13-2006, 05:06 PM
I'm Suikojowy (surprise!), message me and i'll un-away so we can battle.

Spammerman
02-13-2006, 05:26 PM
is any1 on now?

02-13-2006, 05:35 PM
I am on, under the name Eoson...

BTW I put my levels 100...*sighs* I was tired of everyone being WTF 50?

Spammerman
02-13-2006, 05:39 PM
Sui kicked my butt uising substitutes.

Suikojowy
02-13-2006, 05:44 PM
Sui kicked my butt uising substitutes.

I beat you without using my Jolteon. Once...

Making a water theme team right now anyway =)

Aphelion
02-13-2006, 06:10 PM
Already downloaded it (and lost only a few matches in a row...Come on, it's been two years since I hadn't touched my moveset notebook...). When you come across a certain guy named Aphelion, don't be afraid to put him out of his misery.

BizzerocitY
02-13-2006, 06:28 PM
I'm "on" but I can't connect to ANY servers or anything, unfortunately.

BizzerocitY
02-13-2006, 06:31 PM
I am RoCkEtInToXiCaTe btw

Shoden
02-13-2006, 07:44 PM
68.105.58.76 this server works, get onto that you'll know who I am :D, I suck so easy wins.

Lost Number
02-13-2006, 07:47 PM
What? how do you use that?
EDIT No wait, got it.

Shoden
02-13-2006, 09:06 PM
Eoffers log your battles with other eoffers, me and lost number are in nb.smogon.com.

Suikojowy
02-13-2006, 09:12 PM
What are your names? I don't see you anywhere =(

Shoden
02-13-2006, 09:19 PM
I disconnected, I'll go back on.

BizzerocitY
02-13-2006, 09:33 PM
For everyone to know, I am RoCkEtInToXiCaTe. I'm a member of team rocket and I use poison only pokemon.

Shoden
02-13-2006, 10:55 PM
nb.smogon.com. is the server we're using at the moment.

Rengori
02-13-2006, 11:17 PM
What's your screen name?
EDIT: Nevermind, what's a sleep cluase?

Spammerman
02-13-2006, 11:19 PM
a setting so that only 1 poklemon can be asleep on you bench.

Rengori
02-13-2006, 11:22 PM
How do I put it on?

Spammerman
02-13-2006, 11:26 PM
challenge someon and click the box

Rengori
02-13-2006, 11:40 PM
challenge someon and click the box
What's your name?

Spammerman
02-13-2006, 11:41 PM
same as here.

Elite Lord Sigma
02-14-2006, 12:37 AM
My screen name is the same as the one I have on here. Minus the "First Mate" of course.

BizzerocitY
02-14-2006, 02:10 AM
Okay, does anyone here know of a Team Rocket clan or want to join one with me as the sort of leader, but someone else can be if they name themselves RocketGiovanni?

vampirepiggyhunter7
02-14-2006, 02:15 AM
Sounds neat.
Too bad I'm not gonna play it.

Shoden
02-14-2006, 10:49 PM
People, Eoffers hardly are there, come on, I'm eager to battle some of you.

Elite Lord Sigma
02-14-2006, 10:56 PM
Last night, I fought Rengori about 10 times. We were going by Challenge Cup rules (Random attacks, Pokemon, and Levels). I won pretty much every time, except when I had a crappy Pokemon *cough*Metapod and Cascoon *cough*.

Lost Number
02-14-2006, 10:58 PM
Ill get you all, someday! I beat Bladen................................................................once.

Rengori
02-15-2006, 12:33 AM
Last night, I fought Rengori about 10 times. We were going by Challenge Cup rules (Random attacks, Pokemon, and Levels). I won pretty much every time, except when I had a crappy Pokemon *cough*Metapod and Cascoon *cough*.
Hey! I winning a lot today!

lordblazer
02-15-2006, 01:35 AM
how do I build a team using the team builder?

Elite Lord Sigma
02-15-2006, 02:13 AM
For convienence, I'll put a list of people who go onto the game whom I've seen so far.

Elite Lord Sigma
Rengori
Bladen
Suikojowy
BizzerocitY (RoCkEtInToXiCaTe)
Lost Number (L N)

Rengori
02-15-2006, 02:18 AM
I've only seen First Mate Elite Lord Sigma. And myslef.

02-15-2006, 02:27 AM
I have seen:

Rengori
Bladen
Suikojowy
link31793

The thing is you guys probably did not recognize me...(Eoson)

Spammerman
02-15-2006, 02:36 AM
Ive seen ELS
Rengori(could battel you casue you were battlin ELS
Me
Suijiwouky

ShunNakamura
02-15-2006, 05:59 AM
how do I build a team using the team builder?

If you haven't figured it out yet-
1- once in team builder the first screen you see is the screen for your name, info, your avatar(they call it image), the auto messages when you win/lose, and the graphics you want to use.

Name- Self Explainatory, just enter what you want to be seen as.
info- when someone challenges you they will see your info. If you like special circumstances to be enacted when battled(such as no skarm-bliss) you can put it here.
Avatar/Image- meh... you know this...just pick one you like
AutoWin/AutoLoss- Enter what you want to be said in those conditions.
graphics- If you want your pokemon to appear as they do in a particular game, this is your chance. It applies to the whole team, so you can't have one pokemon with colloseum graphics and one with Emerald Graphics(at least to my knowledge).

2-Also on that screen you will see tabs with PKMN and then the pokemon party number right after it. By clicking that tab you can edit what pokemon will be in that slot.

3-In the PKMN(pokemon slot number) screen you see an array of info and choices.

The Pokemon Field- This is a drop down list that lets you pick the pokemon you want added there. You can also just type in the name and hit the enter key. As you will see it will try to show a possible autofill as a suggestion. Using a letter key is also a quick way to go through the list if you happen to know only the poke's name's first letter.
Below the Pokemon field you got the nickname field. This gives a name to your pokemon.
Below the nickname field is the Held Item field. It works much like the Pokemon field except for items.
Below the Item Field you got a list of all the moves it can legally learn. Just check the move you want it to have. If you decide you want to get rid of the move. uncheck it. No big deal.
You have probably noticed that next to the Nickname field is an 'Expert' Button This allows you to chose whether or not it is shiny, pick its trait, pick its gender, choose it's hidden power type, to change your IV's, and to change your EV's. Also in the Expert window you can change your level. Default(and what much of the server plays at often) is level 100. You can change it as you wish.
Also in the PKMN window are some buttons on the bottom of the screen. You can access boxes just like in the games, you can save or load teams, or you can rearrange the order by clicking arrange. This way you don't have to get rid of your pokemon in order to change your lineup order. There is also the done button which brings you back to the main screen.

4-Additional tools available are in the main menu.
4a-Under 'DataDex' you can access a variety of useful tools.

The PokeDex- Just your average PokeDex that is searchable by various means, and that shows min and max stats at level 100. Quite useful for finding the one poke you need to complement your team.
You got the MoveDex- It lists all of the attacks and gives you information on them. It also allows you to search for pokemon with the selected move. In addition it lists all the items and thier affects as well as the pokemon traits. It also alows you to search for pokemon with the selected trait.
The BattleDex - Never leave home without. It gives a comprehensive chart showing what is supereffective against what and what resists or is immune to what. Very useful chart if you haven't memorized it already.
The DamageCalc- Another never leave home without. It calculates the possible damage that you will do. Useful in battle and when building the team. Such as I made my machamp capable of surviving a full powerd psychic from Alakazam, leaving just enough health to fire a retalitory attack to kill alakazam. I would never have known how many ev's I needed off of the top of my head.
When you open any of those windows the tabs on top will navigate between the four options.

4b- In the team builder there is also a version option on the main menu. This lets you pick which of the games you want to adhere to, or if you want to apply a server mod(such as smogon has a mod that implements the moves from the recent game(can't think of its name off the top of my head).

That should be enough to get you started.

I am on from time to time. But I have been sick as of late. And have been a bit... temperish.. Meaning I ain't really in the mood to play the guessing game invovled with pokemon.

Also as a note you have to have a full team before you can battle(or at least you did last I checked).

If this isn't enough, point me to what exactly you need help with and I can go in further detail there. I just didn't want to spend hours writing a post containing a detailed walkthrough.

Lost Number
02-15-2006, 09:11 AM
I seen Suikojowy and Bladen. Ill be either Lost Number or L N.

Zante
02-15-2006, 09:51 AM
I play it from time to time, names Ryou. Feel free to chalenge me, I suck at it though. :/

Shoden
02-15-2006, 06:17 PM
I'm on it nearly all evening, get on quick if you wanna ass me.

Elite Lord Sigma
02-15-2006, 09:28 PM
It appears link31793 has made an EOFF server. Good for him! Too bad not many people are using it just yet.

lordblazer
02-15-2006, 09:38 PM
If you haven't figured it out yet-
1- once in team builder the first screen you see is the screen for your name, info, your avatar(they call it image), the auto messages when you win/lose, and the graphics you want to use.

Name- Self Explainatory, just enter what you want to be seen as.
info- when someone challenges you they will see your info. If you like special circumstances to be enacted when battled(such as no skarm-bliss) you can put it here.
Avatar/Image- meh... you know this...just pick one you like
AutoWin/AutoLoss- Enter what you want to be said in those conditions.
graphics- If you want your pokemon to appear as they do in a particular game, this is your chance. It applies to the whole team, so you can't have one pokemon with colloseum graphics and one with Emerald Graphics(at least to my knowledge).

2-Also on that screen you will see tabs with PKMN and then the pokemon party number right after it. By clicking that tab you can edit what pokemon will be in that slot.

3-In the PKMN(pokemon slot number) screen you see an array of info and choices.

The Pokemon Field- This is a drop down list that lets you pick the pokemon you want added there. You can also just type in the name and hit the enter key. As you will see it will try to show a possible autofill as a suggestion. Using a letter key is also a quick way to go through the list if you happen to know only the poke's name's first letter.
Below the Pokemon field you got the nickname field. This gives a name to your pokemon.
Below the nickname field is the Held Item field. It works much like the Pokemon field except for items.
Below the Item Field you got a list of all the moves it can legally learn. Just check the move you want it to have. If you decide you want to get rid of the move. uncheck it. No big deal.
You have probably noticed that next to the Nickname field is an 'Expert' Button This allows you to chose whether or not it is shiny, pick its trait, pick its gender, choose it's hidden power type, to change your IV's, and to change your EV's. Also in the Expert window you can change your level. Default(and what much of the server plays at often) is level 100. You can change it as you wish.
Also in the PKMN window are some buttons on the bottom of the screen. You can access boxes just like in the games, you can save or load teams, or you can rearrange the order by clicking arrange. This way you don't have to get rid of your pokemon in order to change your lineup order. There is also the done button which brings you back to the main screen.

4-Additional tools available are in the main menu.
4a-Under 'DataDex' you can access a variety of useful tools.

The PokeDex- Just your average PokeDex that is searchable by various means, and that shows min and max stats at level 100. Quite useful for finding the one poke you need to complement your team.
You got the MoveDex- It lists all of the attacks and gives you information on them. It also allows you to search for pokemon with the selected move. In addition it lists all the items and thier affects as well as the pokemon traits. It also alows you to search for pokemon with the selected trait.
The BattleDex - Never leave home without. It gives a comprehensive chart showing what is supereffective against what and what resists or is immune to what. Very useful chart if you haven't memorized it already.
The DamageCalc- Another never leave home without. It calculates the possible damage that you will do. Useful in battle and when building the team. Such as I made my machamp capable of surviving a full powerd psychic from Alakazam, leaving just enough health to fire a retalitory attack to kill alakazam. I would never have known how many ev's I needed off of the top of my head.
When you open any of those windows the tabs on top will navigate between the four options.

4b- In the team builder there is also a version option on the main menu. This lets you pick which of the games you want to adhere to, or if you want to apply a server mod(such as smogon has a mod that implements the moves from the recent game(can't think of its name off the top of my head).

That should be enough to get you started.

I am on from time to time. But I have been sick as of late. And have been a bit... temperish.. Meaning I ain't really in the mood to play the guessing game invovled with pokemon.

Also as a note you have to have a full team before you can battle(or at least you did last I checked).

If this isn't enough, point me to what exactly you need help with and I can go in further detail there. I just didn't want to spend hours writing a post containing a detailed walkthrough.
WEll everytime I try to choose my pokemon I can't. It like erases all the info I put into it.

ShunNakamura
02-15-2006, 09:46 PM
Alright. Have your tried just selecting the Pokemon from the dropdown list and then hitting the switch button? I know I had a problem like that once before, and that was the only way I could get around it.

If that doesn't help, I'll have to play around and see if I can recreate the issue.

Shoden
02-16-2006, 06:28 PM
smogon is down so on the main server list is this one called pokerealm, that's where I am at the moment, join that server for now untill the EOFF server is up.

I'm having mass problems with my team, Can Lost Number or Sigma help me, I can help you back!

Updaate: This server I'm an admin on, We can use it for EOFF, it;s called Junk Server.

BizzerocitY
02-25-2006, 02:36 PM
Okay what exactly is the name of EOFF server? I can't ever find anyone I know from here. Or do you guys still play this? Because I do.

Lost Number
02-25-2006, 02:40 PM
I can tfind it, and I still play. I use smogon. Names L N cause of something.

BizzerocitY
02-25-2006, 02:48 PM
Yeah I use smogon and I'm RoCkEtInToXiCaTe.

Lost Number
02-25-2006, 02:53 PM
Yes, found you.

BizzerocitY
02-25-2006, 03:03 PM
I use only poison type pokemon to fight. =D

Lost Number
02-25-2006, 03:15 PM
I use only one I have from the games.

BizzerocitY
02-25-2006, 04:05 PM
Well, I have the games, and the team I use on netbattle is the team I use in game. XD

Bowser
02-25-2006, 06:33 PM
I can't download .exe files. :(

06-30-2010, 05:02 AM
how do you play or is this achat site

Shiny
06-30-2010, 05:48 AM
Sorry, but it appears that this game doesn't work anymore. Also, please do not revive old threads. This one was from all the way back in '06!