PDA

View Full Version : Training areas

Ciretho
02-12-2006, 08:42 AM
I've just picked up FF6 again and I was wondering where the best place to train is near the end of the game, before you go into Kefka's tower. Right now I training in a forest near the veldt against Tyrano's which give me 2200 exp and 3 magic points.

tailz
02-12-2006, 10:16 AM
thats the best place to train if your stron genough but be sure to use only 2 chars at a time one who is high enough to kill all except brachio in 1 or 2 turns and the second should be verry low with an exp egg

Captain Maxx Power
02-12-2006, 01:40 PM
For training I shamelessly abuse the Vanish + X-Zone combo. There's two areas of note. The desert near Maranda that contains two enemies, the Cactrot and Hoover. One gives a lot of Gil, the other quite a bit of experience. There's always Dinosaur Forest which is best for experience bar none. You can always choose to have one character fighting which will speed things up a bit (unless you want everyone on level 99).

feioncastor
02-12-2006, 03:57 PM
For training I shamelessly abuse the Vanish + X-Zone combo.
You and me both. I'd rather use that and be criticized than die.

At any rate, if you want to over simplify the game, you can do the river trick in the world of balance. It makes the game stupidly easy, though.

Crossblades
02-12-2006, 04:13 PM
Tyrano Forest

KoShiatar
02-12-2006, 10:00 PM
If you want to train Magic, good places are the Fanatics Tower (at least 5 Magic Points for each battle) or the Ancient Ruins (under Figaro Castle). If you go to the Tower, make sure you have the appropriate magic though, or you'll be wiped out even at fairly high levels.

eestlinc
02-13-2006, 02:10 AM
the dinosaur forest is the place to go. just don't try to level up on the veldt. :D

Ciretho
02-13-2006, 06:56 AM
So I'm basically training in the best spot already... Oh well, it is sufficient I suppose.

tyxXx
09-17-2006, 05:51 AM
where is the dinosaur forest located?

Kryton87
09-17-2006, 10:27 AM
For training magic, I'd say there are two excellent places. In the World of Ruin, the fanatics tower, bar none. On the other hand, if you don't have a lot of magic already, its kinda crappy. Then in the World of Balance, Triangle Island, fighting Intigir's (I think thats what they're called) and casting doom on them is the best way to go. 10 MP per battle. The only trouble is that you'll run into a lot of weak pathetic thingies before finding one. But not so much that it makes it impossible, just enough to make it reasonable.

If you're trying to get experience, go anywhere, and just work your way up to a million GP. I got a party up to the 70's by doing that. I just wanted to get the Model Blackjack from the Auction House. That $*&! little kid and his &#@* rich parent... Well, a million GP is a high price to meet, so by the time you get there, you'll be wealthy in exp as well. Provided you didn't go to the Veldt (which is pretty random, so you probably shouldn't anyway)

tyxXx
09-17-2006, 11:46 AM
nevermind, i found the forsest. i need help with one thing though. i keep on getting pincer attacked and its really fucking pissing me off. even though i have a back guard equipped im still getting pincer attacked. does anyone know how to fix this?

Peter_20
09-22-2006, 09:26 PM
For EXP:
Dinosaur Forest

For AP and Gil:
Maranda Desert

nevermind, i found the forsest. i need help with one thing though. i keep on getting pincer attacked and its really smurfing pissing me off. even though i have a back guard equipped im still getting pincer attacked. does anyone know how to fix this?Seems like a bug, so there probably ain't nothing you can do about that.
Your best bet would probably be equipping everyone with Flame Shields and abuse Merton forever; this will heal your chars AND attack the enemies!
Totally wonderful! :thumb:

Avarice-ness
09-22-2006, 11:28 PM
I just wanted to get the Model Blackjack from the Auction House. That $*&! little kid and his &#@* rich parent... Well, a million GP is a high price to meet, so by the time you get there, you'll be wealthy in exp as well. Provided you didn't go to the Veldt (which is pretty random, so you probably shouldn't anyway)
I know! Those damn Jidoorians and their money! DO YOU KNOW WHAT THEY DO WITH ALL THAT GP YOU PEOPLE GIVE TO THEIR AUCTION HOUSE!? ... Me neither. But I think they eat it. :(

But yeah, as everyone said, le dino filled forest. :D