PDA

View Full Version : Most hated class?

Markus. D
02-12-2006, 08:54 AM
in your eyes, which PC you run into thats a certain class that you despise ever so.

:mad: = Ranger.

it annoys me all the time being reminded that my Taru cant be a Ranger cause he's a mage and well :mad: :mad: .

grrrrrrrrr!

Lionx
02-12-2006, 09:14 AM
None really they all rock if played right, a good one and a bad job are easily distingushed.

And you can be a RNG, i am looking at being it after WHM too, you arent a RNG only because you choose not to or are too lazy to farm for ammo.

Miriel
02-12-2006, 09:15 AM
What? Why can't Tarus be rangers? Mik (who used to be a frequent poster in this forum) was a Taru Ranger and he was awesome, took it all the way to 75.

I don't despise any class. But the one I like the least would probably be DRK.

Garland
02-12-2006, 09:30 AM
Tarus have the second highest AGI in the game - they can be great rangers. If you have the gil to play with style, you can rain down mayhem with the best of them. I personally don't have the gilmaking skill to give the job the attention it deserves, and the same with ninja, its primary subjob, but there's nothing about my Taruness that's holding me back. Anyone who tells any player "Your race can't play this job. Go level cookie-cutter race/job combo X." is an idiot plain and simple. What you should do if you want to level ranger is to do so, invite said players to your party and show them all up. It's not hard to put other damage dealers to shame as a ranger. Even post nerf they still put up the numbers.

On topic, I don't think there's any job I hate. I do dislike the great post ranger nerf Blm Bandwagon. That's not an issue with any jobclass as much as it is player types. With any luck my own job, Blm, will get the axe next and all the big-number-syndrome players will jump ship again. I'll be rare like the other mages again. I hate being a dime a dozen. I have a feeling one of the new jobs in ToAU will provide competition for the Blm role in a party, so with any luck my job's ranks will be diluted. Do I hate any job? No, not specifically. I think every job is pretty cool. I do hold some disdain for whichever job becomes the current bandwagon job. And at the moment, this disdain is held towards my own job. Can't wait for some action that will trim the fat.

Rostum
02-12-2006, 09:37 AM
I like all of the jobs, if they're played right. And by right I mean that they actually care enough about their job to find out what's good and what's not.

Markus. D
02-12-2006, 10:22 AM
Im a white mage see, and I dont tend on being a ranger.

it angers me to see one... its a me thing...

edit: tis nothing to do with the fact that Taru rangers pwn.

Rostum
02-12-2006, 01:48 PM
You have problems. ;o

Miriel
02-12-2006, 05:49 PM
Im a white mage see, and I dont tend on being a ranger.

it angers me to see one... its a me thing...

edit: tis nothing to do with the fact that Taru rangers pwn.
Dude, then you just CHANGE JOBS.

I don't understand what the problem is. :confused:

Levian
02-12-2006, 07:42 PM
I hate whms because Miriel is one.

escobert
02-12-2006, 07:59 PM
I hate whms because Miriel is one.
I hate whatever that smelly guy is. He shure does smell

Levian
02-13-2006, 12:58 AM
Smelly is an Elvaan THF. What are you?

escobert
02-13-2006, 01:48 AM
Smelly is an Elvaan THF. What are you?
Oh hahaha you are so funny :(

Yeargdribble
02-13-2006, 05:43 AM
I hate players, not jobs. Sadly certain jobs tend to attract certain types of players.

WARNING: The following dissertation contains many generalizations about jobs and the people that play them. Do not be upset if I dis on your job and you don't meet my stereotypical mold.

BLM
A large number are the types that were the leet endgame gods as RNG and since everyone no longer licks their boots they leveled BLM to do omfg leet damage since there is no melee job (any more) that can compete. Others are just average joes that like to nuke /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif.

RDM
Most think they are the greatest gift to soloing there is an that everyone should always worship them for PTs because they can refresh. Many RDMs seem to have this ego thing vs. BRDs because obviously there's not enough room in the refresher boat for both of us and since obviously they are the omfgleetest soloers ever think RDM > BRD in every way.

Some let it go to far and try to do stuff like go /RNG in XP because they think dishing out a 150 damage Sidewinder makes them soooo awesome... um no. If you wanna be an awesome melee job go play melee and stop bitching about having to *GASP* do your job of refreshing, enfeebling and backup healing.

WHM
omfg you must worship me for IIIIII am a healer. I will not accept your invites unless your PT is already full. Ironically nobody else will accept your invites without me in the PT so I OWN YOU! MWAHAHAHAHA This is actually a very small amount of the WHM population. A lot of RDMs and BRDs are also this way. Many other WHMs are just very nice and nurturing types.

BRD
Wow... could there be a bigger prima dona? BRDs are even worse about the above. Also the vast majority of BRDs suck... because they can. If they were naked, subless and only had one eye they would still get fast invites... so obviously if you are playing BRD there's not reason to NOT gimp yourself. If you can play that cheaply never actually buy intruments and be good at your job.

DRK
Oooh I'm 13 and I like all things dark and black. I'm gonna hit stuff really hard. Even though I'm a moron and I'll die... Berserk+Last Resort+Soul Eater+Guillotine. Well crap I'm dead but I did 666 damage... worship me!!!! Now raise me and lets wait 5 minutes before we can XP again... and I can hit for even more damage and die.

Sadly DRK deals with this almost more than any other job. It just attracts very immature players that tend to suck horribly at it.

DRG
Also very attractive to immature little boys. A great job when played well but faces the fate of DRK. Good thing at least they can't name their own Wyverns. I don't wnana see anyone followed around by a little wyvern called 't3h sn1P3r"

PLD
omfg I have a chip on my shoulder because everyone loves NIN more than me. They're not better tanks... really they're not.. THEY'RE NOT! I can hold hate 1000000 times better. Yes... we all know you are great at holding hate... probably more so than a NIN but there's not reason to be so upset about it.

You should've seen how upset the PLDs in my LS became when they found out that a BRD/NIN has been tanking Fafnir on the Leviathan server. They aren't the only ones. It seems like a great number of PLDs get extremely touchy about the idea of anyone but them being able to tank anything.

RNG

Haha RNG? What RNG?? RNGs basically disappeared from endgame after the nerf. They are all BLMs or SMNs now because those are heavy DD endgame jobs and people will worship them for it. Sadly their personalities tend to be like a slightly more mature DRK.... not so much more mature... but old enough to slide their card and buy tons of gil from IGE so that they could do uberleet damage all the time.

This type of RNG really not longer exists as they seem to be lower on the totem pole than DRG and DRK for PT invites these days.

If I didn't mention a job it's because in my experience no large group of personalities play that job badly and give it a bad name. Sorry if you are one of those jobs and feel left out from the hatred ^^

lordblazer
02-14-2006, 03:24 AM
in your eyes, which PC you run into thats a certain class that you despise ever so.

:mad: = Ranger.

it annoys me all the time being reminded that my Taru cant be a Ranger cause he's a mage and well :mad: :mad: .

grrrrrrrrr!
If oyu mean class then I'll say their are certain WHMS on pande that are real jerkoffs especially in valkrum. Mainly because they tend to not know that they are needed. They tend to know that if they leave then the party is screwed and you have a few that will rudely leave not DC but just leave your party to join another party. Doesn't matter if oyur party was successful. Some leave your party so they can be int he same party as their friends.
Sure it sounds like a good reason but you just screwed over 5 players for it.

vampirepiggyhunter7
02-14-2006, 03:26 AM
Chemist. I rarely use items anyway, so I barely use it.

Lionx
02-14-2006, 03:28 AM
Chemist is not a FFXI Job..>_>

Miriel
02-14-2006, 03:32 AM
Chemist. I rarely use items anyway, so I barely use it.
What the heck man? :p

lordblazer
02-14-2006, 04:07 AM
What the heck man? :p
Alchemist isn't a job its a crafting skill and its a very useful one. It defines your job a bit if you use the potions and stuff you make from this crafting skills in EXP parties and etc. but other than that it ain't much a job just a little side thingy that helps define a character a little bit more.

Miriel
02-14-2006, 04:31 AM
Alchemist isn't a job its a crafting skill and its a very useful one. It defines your job a bit if you use the potions and stuff you make from this crafting skills in EXP parties and etc. but other than that it ain't much a job just a little side thingy that helps define a character a little bit more.
I don't understand why you quoted me since I'm not the one confused about the difference between jobs and crafting skills, but ok.

escobert
02-14-2006, 04:42 AM
I don't understand why you quoted me since I'm not the one confused about the difference between jobs and crafting skills, but ok.
Well, you needed that information of course!

Fayts
02-15-2006, 01:44 PM
You have problems. ;oit's prob one of thows thing that u know u just see a person and instantly hate them with out even getting 2 know them just a instant thing. i hate someone like that. plus the ppl on ff11 can be big @$% some ppl are o so mean owel KILL THEM ALL lol

DJZen
02-15-2006, 02:52 PM
I wanna hear what Captain WTF thinks of MNKs :D

Yeargdribble
02-15-2006, 03:46 PM
I wanna hear what Captain WTF thinks of MNKs :D

I had nothing to say about MNK because they don't fit a strong stereotype like the rest I did mention. Basically all of the MNKs that I know (pretty much all high leve) are very level headed and mature players. Of course MNK isn't the most popular job out there and they don't get super rapid invites. It takes a lot of work to get MNK to decent levels. This probably plays a factor in higher level MNKs being more mature. At least I'd like to think this but I do know some higher level DRKs and DRGs who had it even worse that are idiot asshats.

/shrug

lordblazer
02-15-2006, 09:36 PM
wowo calm down don;t get an angerism. YOu tend to me argumentive towards the most irrelevant things. If oyu know it wasn't addressed to you then don't worry. I accidently quoted you btw. And also Waas just trying to help you clarify what he meant.

Ouch!
02-16-2006, 01:27 AM
wowo calm down don;t get an angerism
I think you mean aneurism.

Aside from that, I don't think he was referring to the alchemy craft at all. I'd speculate that vampirepiggyhunter7 is just confused about where the heck he's posting. It happens.

Personally, I don't hold a grudge against any job in particular. Most often I found myself miffed with damage-dealing (magical or physical) jobs. Captain WTF already explained the reason: big damage dealers are always people who just want to see big numbers and don't give half a damn about anything else.

lordblazer
02-16-2006, 01:35 AM
I think you mean aneurism.

Aside from that, I don't think he was referring to the alchemy craft at all. I'd speculate that vampirepiggyhunter7 is just confused about where the heck he's posting. It happens.

Personally, I don't hold a grudge against any job in particular. Most often I found myself miffed with damage-dealing (magical or physical) jobs. Captain WTF already explained the reason: big damage dealers are always people who just want to see big numbers and don't give half a damn about anything else.
no I meant angerism slang for-a servere episode of mind blinding anger. I mean pain does not exist when such episodes occur.The rational part of a human's brain is reduced to a reptilian like brain.

Ouch!
02-16-2006, 02:26 AM
What slang are you using? O_o;

chronic_Maniac
02-16-2006, 07:13 AM
Ranger, bst, brd.
out of those my least is RNG