PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Challenges

Lost Number
02-12-2006, 02:03 PM
I am looking for the ultimate FF challanges, to prove I am the master of FF.

All suggestions welcome, from I to X-2, including Tactics and Tactics advanced.

FFI - Solo WM(Is this possible?)
FFII -
FFIII -
FFIV -
FFV - Looking this one up
FFVI - NM, LL
FFVII - No materia, no equipment, Only Cloud
FFVIII - No Junction
FFIX - lvl 1 Ozma
FFX - NSGIENC
FFX-2 -
FFT - Solo Ramza.
FFTA -

Come on, I need suggestions.

Dreddz
02-12-2006, 02:46 PM
No Materia, thats a goodie for FFVII.

Lost Number
02-12-2006, 02:48 PM
I mean harder than that.

Dreddz
02-12-2006, 03:40 PM
Ok, then I would suggest No materia, No equipment, Only cloud challenge.

Crossblades
02-12-2006, 04:00 PM
The all party White Mage challenge in FF I

Lost Number
02-12-2006, 04:32 PM
Right, thats the FF7, is All WM the hardest for FFI?

Crossblades
02-12-2006, 05:13 PM
Right, thats the FF7, is All WM the hardest for FFI?

From what I've heard yes

raskerino
02-12-2006, 05:28 PM
FFV-Ultima Shadow did a challenge on this that was practically impossible (specifically Shinryu) but I don't remember it.
FFVI-Natural magic, low level is the standard.
FFVII-Solo Character, No Materia, Initial Equipment (no accesories) is the standard.
FFVIII-No Junction (very difficult, but more importantly boring), or only junction command abilities.
FFIX-Level one Ozma, or if you want a bit easier (I think) the Excalibur II challenge.
FFX-Necro did a NSGIENC (no sphere grid, no customizing, initial equipment) but it's impossible to beat Seymour (final form) so I'd say NSGIE.
FFT-Solo Ramza looks fun, or solo character, solo class for uber challenge.

Ultima Shadow
02-12-2006, 09:46 PM
to prove I am the master of FF."THE" master of FF? xD Oh well...

FFV-Ultima Shadow did a challenge on this that was practically impossible (specifically Shinryu) but I don't remember it.Here's the link to the challange: http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=57684

A normal playthrough is far from impossible, but Omega is extremely tough and Shinryuu is so hard that you'll go insane. Seriously, Shinryuu in that challange was probably the toughest battle I've ever fought in an RPG.

Other than that, I agree with raskerino on all the other challanges. But if you play FF8 with command junctioning, you should also not allow the use of weapon upgrading and card refining etc.

Captain Maxx Power
02-12-2006, 10:00 PM
From what I've heard yes

Actually it would be the _solo_ WM party.

TheSpoonyBard
02-13-2006, 12:01 AM
Have a go at beating Dark Anima in NSGNZ (No Sphere Grid, No Zanmato).

Starboard Regulator FlareNUKE
02-13-2006, 01:20 AM
The single Wh.MAGE sounds easier actually

DJZen
02-13-2006, 02:32 AM
FFII:

Give heavy armor to all characters (Genji Armor is a must), equip dual spears on everyone, and only attack with black magic. Never use elixirs, always leave the 4th character dead, defeat all 4 optional bosses in the final dungeon AND the Iron Giant without exiting, and defeat the Emperor with the 3 main characters alive.

nik0tine
02-13-2006, 02:54 AM
I don't know if the level one Ozma challenge is the toughest FFIX challenge or not. It really isn't all that difficult, save for a select few spots.

DMKA was attempting an FFVIII challenge where he changed absolutely nothing. (As in, no GF's junctioned, no leveling, and no weapon upgrades.) That is probably the most difficult FFVIII challenge around.

Lost Number
02-13-2006, 07:29 PM
Right, nice.
Oh and by the way, it just makes me the master of my own select group of friends. Not the internet.

Shin Gouken
02-13-2006, 07:37 PM
Any final fantasy single player run. If it looks like it will be too easy, ban levelling/materia/junctioning or whatever.

For final fantasy V i know of two challenges which seem impossible but have aparantley been accomplished. Low level. The guy who did this finished on level 9. And all beserker party. Which includes Omega and Shinryu defeated with four beserkers

Marche
02-13-2006, 09:32 PM
only montblanc and marche for ffta (if possible)

Lost Number
02-14-2006, 07:27 PM
Need clarification on FFTA and FF! Solo WM, but OK, oh, and KH challenges too now.

Ultima Shadow
02-15-2006, 07:40 PM
oh, and KH challenges too now.http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?p=903690#post903690

That thread had an insane lack of updates because I got too busy with other things at some point and then I forgot to update etc. But, even though I never wrote about them, I still remember some parts of that challange... so if you've got any questions about anything that's not mentioned in the first post, feel free to PM me about it.

04-24-2007, 10:01 AM
if you want the super uber never going to happen challegen it is this DAAAA DAAAA DAAAAANNNNN (dramtic effect)

ff VII - kill all weapons with only starting weapons (eg buster sword, gatlin gun ect) no mime materia no materia over to stars up and no knights of the round, and only using level 2 limit breaks.

have fun trying to do that xD