PDA

View Full Version : Michelle Kwan withdraws from the Olympics

SuperMillionaire
02-12-2006, 03:10 PM
Michelle Kwan has withdrawn from the Olympics.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11302192/

Chris
02-12-2006, 08:55 PM
Is that really a surprise when you think about it? :(

krissy
02-12-2006, 09:06 PM
^ hey man groin injuries are freaking tough

believe you me

RSL
02-12-2006, 09:09 PM
Why is she a loser? How many figure skating medals do you have?

Chris
02-12-2006, 09:09 PM
Michelle Kwan's talent died years ago.

RSL
02-12-2006, 09:10 PM
That doesn't make her a loser. In her prime she was one of the best in the world. Are you one of the best in the world at something? I know I'm not. I must be a loser.

escobert
02-12-2006, 09:13 PM
She got hurt why is she a loser? wtf. It even said a Dr rcommended she not continue. It's not like she said "omfg nailz broken! LOLz I BETTAR QUIT!

Chris
02-12-2006, 09:15 PM
That doesn't make her a loser. In her prime she was one of the best in the world. Are you one of the best in the world at something? I know I'm not.
But man, have you've heard any of her interviews in the past couple of years? I have. She keeps hanging on even though it's over. It's time for her to move on instead of clinging on the very last note.

TheAbominatrix
02-12-2006, 09:15 PM
The fact that she even made it to the Olypmics shows she's amazingly talented.

I really hope she can compete next time, this has to be really really hard on her.

edit: She keeps trying no matter what, is good enough to make the cut for the Olypmics, and that makes her a loser? Anyone who has that much drive and commitment is beyond amazing.

RSL
02-12-2006, 09:18 PM
Yeah. She may have lost a step, but she's still one of the best. And I can't believe I'm having an argument about figure skating.

TheAbominatrix
02-12-2006, 09:20 PM
Oh RSLylyly sweetie, you know figure skating is your reason to live.

Chris
02-12-2006, 09:20 PM
LOL, me niether. But I guess TheAbominatrix has a valid point. It just pains me to see someone holding on to something that's clearly over.

-N-
02-12-2006, 09:22 PM
But man, have you've heard any of her interviews in the past couple of years? I have. She keeps hanging on even though it's over. It's time for her to move on instead of clinging on the very last note, not being willing to let go and move on makes her a loser.Kinda like you and your Grace Jones, right?

Slam.

escobert
02-12-2006, 09:22 PM
Kinda like you and your Grace Jones, right?

Slam.
OMFG UBER PWNED

Chris
02-12-2006, 09:23 PM
:(

TheAbominatrix
02-12-2006, 09:23 PM
LOL, me niether. But I guess TheAbominatrix has a valid point. It just pains me to see someone holding on to something that's clearly over.

I think as long as she continues making the Olypmic cuts, it isnt over. It's not like they let her compete every time just to be nice. She still has the talent, obviously, or they wouldnt let her in.

BatChao
02-12-2006, 09:41 PM
Damn... that sucks. I've been a big Kwan fan since she first started skating like 10 years ago or something. She was a really big deal since it isn't every day you have such a great Asian American role model (and she comes from my home town! - My sister and I used to skate at the same rink she did!) Every Olympics I've been hoping for her to get the gold, but she never did. I was really hoping for her to pull through this time around, but I guess that's not possible any more... Damn... I am really depressed. I was really depressed last year when she didn't get gold... but now I am like... REALLY depressed since there's no chance for an Olympic gold for her now. She won't go to any more (she's getting too old...figure skaters are all in their teens and early twenties at the next winter games, she'll be 29!). At least she's had a great career...

Mandinka... I dunno why you are calling her a loser. I think losers are the ones that give up when they don't succeed at first... your thought is kind of the opposite. I will give you that she's not as good as she was in her prime, but currently (without the injuries) she is still one of the best in the world. If she wasn't injured, she'd have a real chance at winning a medal this year. I wouldn't call dropping from best in the world to around best in the world a severe drop in talent.

Chris
02-12-2006, 09:44 PM
Okay, maybe loser wasn't the appropriate term, but alas, it still saddens me to think about her.