PDA

View Full Version : Ive Had Enough !

Dreddz
02-12-2006, 03:15 PM
No, not of FFVII
But of the abuse Cait Sith gets, I just read the recent thread on who's everyones least favourite character, and Cait Sith pretty much got kicked while down. Honestly, I like Cait Sith.
I prefer alot more characters from FFVII, but Cait Sith is still pretty awesome, One memorable scene is when he takes his own life for the Group, yeah, I know he didnt really take his life, but you know what I mean. If we want to go Battle wise, some people need to do there Homework if they say Cait Sith is crappy in battle, as I said, he is overshadowed by other characters, but Ive used him once, and he is an all rounder IMO, his Magic stats are what really shine out.
Well, thats my rabble, dont post if you want to just say
" OMFG, he sucks "
Reasons please....

cloud_doll
02-12-2006, 06:05 PM
i like cait sith too, but id would just rather use my more skilled people

Meat Puppet
02-12-2006, 06:34 PM
I must not have posted in that thread, either that or you're LYING.

Levian
02-12-2006, 07:50 PM
The only real difference battlewise between the characters are their limit breaks. And Cait Sith's limit break sucks, so he's not really used a lot. He also doesn't contribute to the story all that much, and FFVII could've existed without him with not much difference. Sure, he was a part of the whole stealing the black materia thing, but that's it. Also, he's not sexy.

Setzer Gabianni
02-12-2006, 08:10 PM
I actually like Cait Sith, but I just don't use him in battle.

His character is more likeable then Yuffies

~Setzer Gabianni

Dreddz
02-12-2006, 09:21 PM
The only real difference battlewise between the characters are their limit breaks
What, Your wrong, they all have very distinct differences IMO.

mooglebunni608
02-12-2006, 09:32 PM
Cait Sith is awesome.
He makes me happy.
He is a cool guy.

Reles
02-12-2006, 09:39 PM
I've always liked him for some reason. I think his personality is very different from any other character I've seen. I personally liked how he contributed to the story line in 7. In any case, he seemed to be a decent fighter, but I guess I didn't really pay much attention. So I don't know much on that.

Levian
02-12-2006, 09:44 PM
What, Your wrong, they all have very distinct differences IMO.

Oh, ok! Your arguments behind that statement has caused me to change my mind! Cait Sith rock! :grinpink:

a nirvana fan
02-12-2006, 10:45 PM
Well he has good points and bad points, but generally I don't like him.

kikimm
02-13-2006, 12:19 AM
I found him annoying...really annoying. Why was he put in the game? Why? :( I didn't like anything about it.

But yeah, it's all personal opinion and stuff. Doesn't really matter.

Slade
02-13-2006, 05:35 AM
I like Cait Sith more than Tifa. Yes, its true. As a character anyhow, usage wise I never use him. The only thing I didn't like about Cait as a character was his sudden change in accent near the end of the game............bad translation anyone?

boys from the dwarf
02-13-2006, 07:54 AM
cait sith isnt my favourite but he is very good. i never really used him in battle but ive considered doing it on my next playthrough.although i never found him very useful is like his personality and character design and hes a very good character. the reason that he always seems to get kicked out early in the favourite character tournatents usually is because people dont like him as a favourite but still like him.
these are my 3 least favourite characters
1.aeris.HATE.
2.yuffie.HATE.
3.cait sith. a like a lot of the other playable characters more than him and he doesnt realy stand out but even though hes on my bottom three i still like him.

Shin Gouken
02-13-2006, 08:45 AM
He's a loooooooooooooser :mad: seriously, he's a lying piece of scum.

I never used him in battle either but regardless of how good he might be, he just can't look cool in battle. Think of it like this: Your going head to head against the big bad sephiroth and you have a big hard solid wall of muscle firing out of his gun arm, and a slick cool swordsman wielding a sword twice his size. Then you have this stupid houscat riding some gay fat thing and bouncing around :rolleyes2 ghey !

Jess
02-13-2006, 05:40 PM
Also, he's not sexy.
I thought he was hot stuff. :jokey:

But seriously, I didn't dislike Cait sith as such, I just preferred everybody else to him. Like everybody else said, he had no real purpose. The game would of been pretty much the same without him. :)

TheSpoonyBard
02-13-2006, 05:42 PM
Play a LL game, then you'll see the power of the cat shine through.

Captain Maxx Power
02-13-2006, 07:01 PM
As a character he's not overly bad. Granted he's annoying, stupid, fluffy and has no really cool lines compared to some of the other characters (for the record anything said by anyone in the game is automatically overshadowed by anything Cid says ever). He's interesting in that he's not really a mechanical robot but rather controlled by another person, and someone on the "inside", which adds an interesting slant to his character.

Apart from that his stats aren't really important since a character is more about their materia than their stats. He's got very high HP amounts, but that's about it. Plus he just looks stupid. And he gets the least number of limits.

He still remains my most underused character. Even Yuffie's useful for her Conformer for Morphing, and I freakin' hate Yuffie. Cait Sith hasn't got anything going for him. Not a thing.

Anniexo
02-13-2006, 08:50 PM
I don't really like him and here are some reason why
1: he doesn't have a very good backguond unlike the others you can't fine out a lot about him apart from he works for shin-ra
2: dice and slot, i would have liked him if he had more then just the two
3: he's pink okay this isn't a biggy but i just don't like pink (it's the only reason why i don't like aries cus she has pink on) if i think of any more i'll tell ya

TheSpoonyBard
02-13-2006, 08:53 PM
Cait Sith is black and white, not pink.

http://www.ffnet.org/images/cait_sith_waving.gif

Dreddz
02-13-2006, 09:14 PM
1: he doesn't have a very good backguond unlike the others you can't fine out a lot about him apart from he works for shin-ra

I thought the whole Reeve thing gave him a very intresting stpry, more so than Red XIII or Cid ( although Cid is definately my favourite )

Zeromus_X
02-14-2006, 12:52 AM
well, i do love kitten sith! :love: (you knew it was coming...) i even made my "cait sith fan club", which i dont feel like digging for right now...

and anyway, i've killed emerald weapon with "game over". granted, it was almost dead anyway, but still! :p

also, regarding certain thing kitten sith is useful for, he can use the hypno crown and become the best manipulator in the game. i often do this to make him my "blue mage", with enemy skill. :D

plus he's a kitty! A KITTY!!!! :love: :cat: :love: :cat: :love: :cat:

okay, i'm alright now...:choc2:

TheSpoonyBard
02-14-2006, 12:57 AM
Here's your fanclub.

Any character can be the best Manipulator if they are on a high level, since that's what determines the success rate.

Dell
02-19-2006, 07:48 AM
cait sith is a decent character . maybe cause what he done to the party make him the lamest but I still like him, he's in my first data with cloud and red x111. I just hate that big mog, still the mog is cute. could cait sith just use doll like lulu? I like every animal, so the cat, cait sith is one of my favourites. the limit break might be the worst but I like his dice and slots. Don't you all see he help at the temple, junon and midgar on disc 2, he also give lots of information about shinra's plot.

by the way, what is LL game, The Lone Forest Ranger?

Alive-Cat
02-19-2006, 01:01 PM
I think he's an okay character. Battle wise, with the right combinations, he's pretty decent.

TheSpoonyBard
02-19-2006, 01:29 PM
LL = Low Level

Vincentsinnerdemon
02-21-2006, 04:42 AM
I got no real problem with the guy besides i just dont like cats riding giant mogs. im more frustrated about people saying they dont like vicent cause his limit doesnt make sence.

Skyblade
02-21-2006, 07:17 PM
Battle wise, Cait Sith isn't that good. His Limits frankly suck (yes, Game Over is awesome, but it's also very rare, and Slots can kill you too). Since stats don't matter that much, I won't go over them here. True, he makes a good manipulator, since the Hypno Crown seems tailor made for the kitty (he wears a crown anyway, and he comes with the Manipulate Materia, just put 2 and 2 together).

Story and character wise, he's great though. Yeah, until you find out he's Reeve, you don't know that much about him, but after that you find that you know quite a bit about him. He is also the only character who is willing to stand up to Barret and tell him to his face why his terrorist actions were wrong (on board the Highwind, right before they go into the Northern Crater). He will do what he has to in order to help out and do his job, even things he finds morally incorrect, like taking Marlene hostage.

So, he's not a great fighter. But he is a fun character.

YTDN
02-21-2006, 09:17 PM
I want to hug him... so flufy!

AdVincent
02-22-2006, 12:35 AM
I don't like him because I was never aware that he was just the cat until a while (Keep in mind I first played when I was about 8)

I find him to be annoying. I can't take a Cat using his arms to hit a monster seriously. Tifa is a boxer/kicker, Cloud's the Sword man, Cid uses a spear, Vincent uses a gun, Barrett uses his armgun, Yuffie uses her little boomerang thing, and Aeris uses a rod (that's ok because she's mainly used for magic).

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
02-22-2006, 12:59 AM
I personally love Cait Sith. For me he is one of my favorites! :p

Skyblade
02-22-2006, 01:17 AM
I don't like him because I was never aware that he was just the cat until a while (Keep in mind I first played when I was about 8)

I find him to be annoying. I can't take a Cat using his arms to hit a monster seriously. Tifa is a boxer/kicker, Cloud's the Sword man, Cid uses a spear, Vincent uses a gun, Barrett uses his armgun, Yuffie uses her little boomerang thing, and Aeris uses a rod (that's ok because she's mainly used for magic).

And Cait Sith hits them with his Mog. What's wrong with that?

AdVincent
02-22-2006, 03:56 AM
You're using a remote controlled fat piece of Marshmellow to help kill this one man who is single handedly trying to destroy the earth. Yeah...

Tempest
02-22-2006, 04:02 AM
I don't have anything against Cait Sith, I just don't use him much in battle.

Zeromus_X
02-22-2006, 05:21 AM
I'm so glad that there are actually other people that like Cait Sith too! I thought I was the only one :D

Anniexo
02-22-2006, 04:22 PM
Cait Sith is black and white, not pink.

http://www.ffnet.org/images/cait_sith_waving.gif

ya well i was thinking of the thing he rides that's pink

Skyblade
02-22-2006, 05:23 PM
ya well i was thinking of the thing he rides that's pink

No, it's white.

Vincentsinnerdemon
02-27-2006, 08:56 PM
Its pink on my tv and white on my other.

Zeromus_X
02-28-2006, 12:38 AM
Some pictures of the Mog make him appear very light pink, like my strategy guide, or the instruction booklet. (His polygon, anyway.)

Omnislash07
02-28-2006, 02:34 AM
Cat Sith is my least favorite character because like was stated earlier the only thing that really makes a difference in battle is what limits each character has and Cat Siths suck. Vincent is my second least favorite because while his limits are strong you lose control of him and i dislike that. my favorite characters are Cloud, Tifa, and Barrett because their limits hit multiple times doing big damage, also Cid is good cept i get him when my party is on like level 30-40 and have like level 3-4 limits and i dont like to go through the work of leveling him.