PDA

View Full Version : World Map?

FrozenStar
02-13-2006, 02:20 PM
Does anyone know if there is going to be a 'World Map' area like there was in FFVII.

I personaly loved the world map with vehicles etc and I think it really adds to the RPG exploration side of the game.

Where as Final Fantasy X2 was more locations linked by a menu.

Thank you

Crossblades
02-13-2006, 03:59 PM
No World Map

Awesomeman
02-13-2006, 09:36 PM
You don't know that Crossblades, it hasn't come out. Unless you've asked the developers, then no one knows. And I would love to see the world map return. But we'll only know once we get it.

Vincentsinnerdemon
02-13-2006, 09:50 PM
didnt this question already been asked... like 1000 times?

Awesomeman
02-14-2006, 12:41 AM
I don't think so. I think it was thrown into a conversation as a wouldn't it be cool thing.

eestlinc
02-14-2006, 01:07 AM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=67739

It's an older thread, but it might have some answers for you.

Dreddz
02-15-2006, 01:03 AM
FFX suffered with no World Map IMO, made the game very linear.
I'd love the world map back, probably my favourite part of the past games. Even if FFXII dosent have a world map, I hope its not just going to be a point A to point B buisness.

Vincentsinnerdemon
02-15-2006, 02:00 AM
no this topic definately came up just like this on this site before. i know because i responded to them.

im for a world map all the way cause it makes u feel like you are more in control of where your character goes. and the airship couldnt even be piloted in FFX.

Dreddz
02-15-2006, 10:41 AM
I enjoyed the exploring aspect, I like finding places that I havent seen before and not knowing whats inside.

boys from the dwarf
02-15-2006, 01:00 PM
the new FFs without world maps are good but i loved going around on an airship looking for new citys islands and places not marked on my map. i hope that in FF12 though there will be a lot of travelling through fields to get to new places but also it would be good if instead of going in a straight line like in FFX you have more choices to go to and can explore for new and secret as if its just a closer up version of the world map.

Vincentsinnerdemon
02-15-2006, 08:19 PM
FFX was way too linear for my tastes but i still enjoyed it for the most part. The story and battle system were the only things keepin me playing though. I really hope they bring back the world map like FFVII's. That was the best one.

Crossblades
02-16-2006, 08:32 PM
You don't know that Crossblades, it hasn't come out. Unless you've asked the developers, then no one knows. And I would love to see the world map return. But we'll only know once we get it.

It has been said many times that there won't be a world map

Dreddz
02-16-2006, 10:43 PM
But it still hasnt been said on what there will be, We ( well I ) can only hope it wont be like FFX's way of moving from place to place.

Slothy
02-16-2006, 10:52 PM
FFX suffered with no World Map IMO, made the game very linear.
I'd love the world map back, probably my favourite part of the past games. Even if FFXII dosent have a world map, I hope its not just going to be a point A to point B buisness.

Every FF I've ever played has been totally linear pretty much until you get the airship, with the exception of the odd side quest or two along the way. Having a world map wasn't any less linear.

I will agree with many of you that I'd like to see a situation where you can actually explore with the airship (the only thing that FFX lacked with no world map). Yeah you can still explore even if you can't fly it all over the place, but it was just fun to be in control rather than choosing points on a map.

Dreddz
03-18-2006, 05:31 PM
Seeing as the game has been released, anyone got any sources saying if they have brought back the world map, or what will they be using in its place.