PDA

View Full Version : In the Still of the Night

Chris
02-13-2006, 04:51 PM
Do you ever just lay still in your bed, with the lights turn off and the window open and just listening to everything that's happening outside at night? I love it. I just lay there and listen to the crickets and I love to watch the fire flies, the singing frogs are so cute and the bats lurking outside are less appealing. Oo

Heero Yuy NWZC
02-13-2006, 04:53 PM
I know what you mean. It is nice to listen to nature every once in a while. It is quite soothing. :D

fire_of_avalon
02-13-2006, 04:55 PM
That's why I love where I live, especially the peep frogs. Starting in late March/early April they start peeping and it's wondermous. Also bullfrogs are great xD

Jess
02-13-2006, 04:56 PM
It isn't often I do that because I'm worried that creepy crawlys might come in through my window! Plus, there isn't as much wildlife (other than bugs) where I am. However, I do like lying there and listening to rain outside. It's totally soothing. ^_^

Dreddz
02-13-2006, 05:50 PM
I know what you mean
I live in London, so its very hustly and bustly, so theres lots going on outside, I love listening to it all, Its great.

Rye
02-13-2006, 06:07 PM
I love doing that in the summer, especially since I sleep very bad in the summer. I dunno why, in the winter I can sleep, but I get insomnia in the summer. :)

Zeldy
02-13-2006, 06:13 PM
I would do, but in my room is the boiler for the heating that when you open the window you can hear loads of noise from it which I find annoying.

I have my window open in summer, but there is no noise, and then I get the dreaded Cranefly which make me cry like a 2 year old.

SammieBabe
02-13-2006, 06:29 PM
I would love that. I used to do that. But now, I'm so tired by the time I go bed, that I'm out by the time I hit the pillows. :)

Captain Maxx Power
02-13-2006, 06:38 PM
One of the funnest games I play is figuring out what animal has been killed in what way from their death throes.

Ashi
02-13-2006, 06:52 PM
I don't really do that. I don't go to bed until I'm absolutely sure I'm "just" about to fall asleep. However, I do wake up to catfight noises occasionally. Or just a cat sounding terribly upset. :cry:

-N-
02-13-2006, 07:19 PM
Every time I do that I fall asleep.
I guess that's not a bad thing though.

Twisted Tinkerbell
02-13-2006, 07:22 PM
I live on an estate where the chavs are outside shouting till like 2 in the morning, so I don't do it very often, unless its raining, then its quiet and sounds so nice. If I'm at my aunt's then I have the window open cause she lives in the middle of nowhere and its really nice listening to nature.

Sergeant Hartman
02-13-2006, 07:22 PM
All i hear are cats fighting, funny though.

T-MaN
02-13-2006, 08:49 PM
I live in London, so its very hustly and bustly, so theres lots going on outside, I love listening to it all, Its great.

You and me both.:)

Bart's Friend Milhouse
02-14-2006, 11:36 PM
i like the atmosphere of the nights in summer. Just open your window open a let the cool breeze occasionally waft past your sleepy face

Dreddz
02-14-2006, 11:41 PM
I get insomnia in the summer. :)
I sweat really bad :)

Tempest
02-14-2006, 11:43 PM
I love doing that. Especially when a nice breeze comes through the window. I used to anyways. Now...

However, I do wake up to catfight noises occasionally. Or just a cat sounding terribly upset. :cry:
I feel your pain.

Lost Number
02-14-2006, 11:45 PM
I love doin that, its so quiet where I live.

Aurey
02-14-2006, 11:54 PM
My window is open practically all year, so now I have to actually have my window open to go to sleep, because I've become so used to the noise from outside.

But I only really like it when my neighbours decide not to be jerks for one night. Sometimes they're really quiet, and then sometimes you can hear them yelling or them listening to music really loud. I once woke up at 6 a.m. to my neighbour blasting Bosnian music.

Shlup
02-14-2006, 11:58 PM
I don't need to open my window to hear the noises outside. Those damn hooligans turn the base in their cars up loud enough it shakes my walls.

Anaisa
02-15-2006, 12:00 AM
Id never leave my window open at night. Bugs would get in. Or people. An I can hear the noises outside without opening my window, so much for double glazing.

Meat Puppet
02-15-2006, 12:02 AM
I don't have a front door at the moment so I guess I have to do that everynight. Usually the sounds of the night outside just come into my house anyway, which include frogs, hedgehogs and drunken neighbours.

DarkLadyNyara
02-15-2006, 12:12 AM
Ah yes, the sounds of night. Dogs barking at people, screaming fights, rap music, police sirens... You can tell I live in a lousy area, can't you?

Trumpet Thief
02-15-2006, 12:18 AM
Trowa: I like driving/being driven in a busy part of town during the night. The lights are on, and it just looks beautiful.

Albedo: Trowa, that's an akwards way to show emotion. After all, YOU HAVE NO FEELINGS! *laughs maniacally*

Trowa: :(

Skarr
02-15-2006, 12:43 AM
I can understand what Mandinka's saying. It's very relaxing to just to sit in a darkly lit room and let your mind ponder on mindless things. I can also understand Shulp's post. Its not our neighbours or anything. Its just if you go anywhere in the day, that's all you'll hear. Mindless fools that have the base in thier cars up, as high as it can go. I hate that. :mad2: