PDA

View Full Version : Release Date & Voice Cast

Lord Magician
02-13-2006, 10:01 PM
1Up Reports Release Date and English Cast
The Following article is taken directly from 1UP.Com

"Hot on the heels of the Kingdom Hearts II voice cast, which was announced just last week, comes the first peek at the English-language voice cast of Final Fantasy VII Advent Children, which has been delayed repeatedly due to some last minute signings, most notably that of American Beauty jailbait, Mena Suvari, who was brought on to perform the voice of Aerith Gainsborough in not only Kingdom Hearts II, but also to reprise the role in Advent Children. While Sony's DVD head of marketing, Mike Stratford, was quoted talking all kinds of crap to The Digital Bits, claiming that we'd see the release of Advent Children in North America by "end of 2006" (causing much consternation among Final Fantasy fans nationwide), 1UP is glad to inform you that the DVD and UMD will ship in the U.S. on April 25, 2006. So in case you haven't already downloaded the movie from the Internet (bad, pirates, bad!) and are looking forward to seeing this hour-and-a-half slice of CG Final Fantasy fan-service for yourself, you've roughly two months to go. Here's the mostly anonymous voice cast, with the exception of Rachel Leigh Cook (Tifa), and Mena Suvari (Aerith), with Steve Burton playing the role of Cloud Strife (he was the voice of Cloud in Kingdom Hearts 1). But who cares about that when it can finally be revealed that "Girl" will be played by Andrea Bowen?

[Editor's Note: This information pertains specifically to the English dub, and does not indicate whether or not the original Japanese language track will be included -- featuring English subtitles -- which it will, because Square Enix is very aware that that's how their fans like it.]

Final Fantasy VII Advent Children voice cast:
Cloud Strife: Steve Burton
Tifa Lockhart: Rachael Leigh Cook
Kadaj: Steve Staley
Rufus Shinra: Wally Wingert
Reno: Quinton Flynn
Rude: Crispin Freeman
Yazoo: Dave Wittenberg
Loz: Fred Tatasciore
Vincent Valentine: Steve Blum
Barett Wallace: Beau Billingslea
Cid Highwind: Chris Edgerly
Yuffie Kisaragi: Christy Romano
Cait Sith: Gregg Ellis
Red XIII: Liam O'Brien
Reeve: Jamieson Price
Tseng: Ryun Yu
Elena: Bettina Bush
Marlene: Wallace Grace Rolek
Denzel: Benjamin Bryan
Girl: Andrea Bowen
Zack: Rick Gomez
Aerith Gainsborough: Mena Suvari
Sephiroth: George Newbern

Other features unique to the U.S. release of the DVD are: * Story digest * Deleted scenes * Featurette: "Making Of Final Fantasy VII" * Footage of Final Fantasy VII at the Venice Film Festival * A sneak peek of the games in the upcoming "Compliation of Final Fantasy VII" series (i.e. Dirge of Cerberus)"

Tifa's Real Lover(really
02-13-2006, 10:10 PM
BOU DAMM TIME

vampirepiggyhunter7
02-13-2006, 10:12 PM
koo so... is Advent Children ready yet?
Sorry nvm.

Jimmch939
02-13-2006, 10:18 PM
Let's hope that date is accurate.

vampirepiggyhunter7
02-13-2006, 10:27 PM
I'm gonna cream myself. As in half and half.

Jessweeee♪
02-13-2006, 10:32 PM
Steve Burton...where have I heard that again?

Zeromus_X
02-14-2006, 12:47 AM
oh thank the heavens!! i'm so glad that lance bass isnt sephiroth...not that he's a bad actor, but i'd just be laughing all through out the movie if i had to listen to him say some of the more serious lines... :cat:

still, it won't be good. but of course american voice actors cant really compare to japanese seiyuu... meh. :choc2:

edczxcvbnm
02-14-2006, 03:21 AM
What?!?!? No JP audio/subtitle track? No version that includes the deleted scenes? No Last Order? This DVD fucking sucks already.

Shiny
02-14-2006, 03:26 AM
I looked on the official U.S. AC site and they took off the voice acting info. What's up with that?

Kingdom Hearts or Chain of Memories ring a bell?

The Last Ancient
02-14-2006, 03:33 AM
Day after my birthday, about damn time already.

Sephex
02-14-2006, 04:54 AM
What?!?!? No JP audio/subtitle track? No version that includes the deleted scenes? No Last Order? This DVD smurfing sucks already.

You need to read that article more carefully. Your're right about one thing, and you MAY be right about another thing (though I am SURE they will have jap subtitles), and you are DEAD WRONG about something else you said there. I'll let you figure it out.

edczxcvbnm
02-14-2006, 05:29 AM
I am right about the deleted scenes. They have them as an extra and not integrated into a version of the movie. Think Sin City special edition for what I mean by version that includes deleted scenes.

Raven Nox
02-14-2006, 08:45 AM
Rude: Crispin Freeman

Since this is my favorite voice actor, I'm satisfied. *jumps up and down for joy* Though, I do wish he had a bigger part, I don't see him as Rude much, but I'm sure he'll do well.

At least we'll be getting the movie soon, hopefully.

The Devourer Of Worlds
02-14-2006, 09:22 AM
The guy who played Spike Spiegel is playing Vincent. I'm happy.

Lol at the fact that Rude is being played by the same guy who did Alucard...

Mo-Nercy
02-14-2006, 03:13 PM
Since this is my favorite voice actor, I'm satisfied. *jumps up and down for joy* Though, I do wish he had a bigger part, I don't see him as Rude much, but I sure he'll do well.
I don't know about that. Alucard and Rude are pretty similar in some ways. I think he'll make a fine Rude.

Mena Suvari = Aerith? Awesome.

kikimm
02-14-2006, 05:57 PM

Maybe on that soap opera, General Hospital? ;D

That's an interesting list of voice actors. I could care less about the release date, cause I've already seen the frickin movie, but yay for all the rest of you people!

tifastrife
02-14-2006, 06:24 PM
I HAVE ALREADY SEEN THE MOVIE TO BUT I STILL WANT TOO GET IT ON PSP & DVD

Ryushikaze
02-14-2006, 07:23 PM
Indeed. I enjoyed the movie. I now look forward to purchasing it myself and promoting SE's future endeavors.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
02-14-2006, 09:24 PM
i don't think Rachel Leigh Cook has any kind of connection with Tifa Lockheart

Jessweeee♪
02-14-2006, 10:57 PM
Haven't beat the first KH yet so no I haven't heard that...and please tell me you're kidding about the soap...no way i'd be able to take it seriously if not

Lord Magician
02-15-2006, 12:17 AM
Under April 25th. They finally got it on!

http://www.sonypictures.com/homevideo/upcoming.html

cloud_doll
02-15-2006, 12:34 AM
I am right about the deleted scenes. They have them as an extra and not integrated into a version of the movie. Think Sin City special edition for what I mean by version that includes deleted scenes.
wrong. go to this site and read the news and it says what is on the DVD... and deleted scenes is included

This site (http://na.square-enix.com/dvd/ff7ac/)

edczxcvbnm
02-15-2006, 01:22 AM
wrong. go to this site and read the news and it says what is on the DVD... and deleted scenes is included

This site (http://na.square-enix.com/dvd/ff7ac/)

It is on the second disc. They are not integrated into the movie.

What the fuck. I spelled it out and some dip/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif still doesn't get it. FUCK YOU!

Prancing Mad
02-15-2006, 02:00 AM
The relation to Tifa and Rachel is that they're both sexy. Unfortunately, tifa is not real. However Rachel leigh cook sure is!

Necronopticous
02-15-2006, 03:31 AM
Mena Suvari as Aerith is the most surprising and awesome thing ever.

SnoopyG
02-15-2006, 05:46 AM
what is this story digest they're including?

edczxcvbnm
02-15-2006, 06:08 AM
what is this story digest they're including?

Maybe they give back story to the events leading up to Advent or Explain some of the symbolism in the movie that would be unfamiliar to western audiences.

Seifer
02-15-2006, 10:54 PM
Crispin Freeman should have been cast as Sephiroth. Fits better.

Lord Magician
02-15-2006, 11:21 PM
Who is George Newbern?:confused:

Shiny
02-16-2006, 04:01 AM
The guy who played Spike Spiegel is playing Vincent. I'm happy.

Lol at the fact that Rude is being played by the same guy who did Alucard...
Oh that's right! If this is true it'll make Vincent 10x better. :thumb:

.CloudStrife.
02-16-2006, 08:42 PM
I HAVE ALREADY SEEN THE MOVIE TO BUT I STILL WANT TOO GET IT ON PSP & DVD

I'm new to these forums but I've got a quick question. When you say you've seen the movie do you mean you've seen it in Japanese or is there somewhere you can find it with English subtitles? Or is there even somewhere on the internet you could download an english version?

Just wondering because lots of people have said they've seen it and obviously understood it and I'm sure not ALL of those people understand Japanese. So do they have an English version or Japanese version with subtitles anywhere?

Lord Magician
02-17-2006, 12:46 AM
Not allowed to say.

Darth Tjador
02-17-2006, 01:00 AM
BOO YA! Its about time to thank SE.

Lord Magician
02-17-2006, 01:04 AM
:D

Darth Tjador
02-17-2006, 01:10 AM
Lets Party!!!!!

Shiny
02-17-2006, 01:19 AM
Lets Party!!!!!
Break out the party snacks and alcohol...:shifty:

Mo-Nercy
02-17-2006, 03:01 AM
I'm new to these forums but I've got a quick question. When you say you've seen the movie do you mean you've seen it in Japanese or is there somewhere you can find it with English subtitles? Or is there even somewhere on the internet you could download an english version?

Just wondering because lots of people have said they've seen it and obviously understood it and I'm sure not ALL of those people understand Japanese. So do they have an English version or Japanese version with subtitles anywhere?
A lot of people, myself included, have seen a fansubbed version of the original Japanese.

I'm not sure what time of day the movie was released in Japan, but according to my friend who was nice enough to download and burn me a copy of FFVII:AC, those crazy Japanese had managed to put English subtitles and upload the movie onto the internet within 6 hours of it's release. :D

Gotta love the Japanese.

Social Moon Firesky
02-22-2006, 10:25 PM
Vincent Valentine: Steve Blum

J. Hudson Brownlee would have been a better choice, I think. His voice is shmexi. ;)

Tifa's Real Lover(really
02-22-2006, 10:35 PM
BOO YA! Its about time to thank SE.
not yet.......they can still back fire

zbonks
02-25-2006, 01:31 AM
Rachael Cook will be a good Tifa, I like her

DMKA
02-25-2006, 06:03 AM
YAY! I think it's a real date this time!

I can't wait. It'll be cool to see a dub version of it...I'm really excited for that. It's too bad we don't get Last Order though.

Rinoa_Heartillly
02-25-2006, 08:10 AM
Tifa Lockhart: Rachael Leigh Cook

Yuffie Kisaragi: Christy Romano

lol Evertime I think of Rachael I think of All That, "Hi, my name is Conny Maldoon!" I love that chick! :D

OMFG! I HATE Christy Carlson Ramano with a bloody passion!!!! WTF! Why is playing Yuffs voice?! She sucks as a singer AND and Actress! :mad2:

DMKA
02-25-2006, 02:37 PM
OMFG! I HATE Christy Carlson Ramano with a bloody passion!!!! WTF! Why is playing Yuffs voice?! She sucks as a singer AND and Actress! :mad2:
Because she was Yuffie's voice actress in Kingdom Hearts, which makes sense since she's one of the little owned by Disney people (a la Hilary Duff). I think that's cool that they're using the same voice actress personally.

Rinoa_Heartillly
02-26-2006, 03:15 AM
Because she was Yuffie's voice actress in Kingdom Hearts, which makes sense since she's one of the little owned by Disney people (a la Hilary Duff). I think that's cool that they're using the same voice actress personally.

I knew that she did the first KH voice for Yuffie, but she sucked at it! I rather have Hilary Duff, even though I don't like her either, but she's alot better than the chick that plays "Kim Possible".

Zeromus_X
02-26-2006, 03:48 AM
It looks like a mix of totally awesome and crappy voice actors (compared to who they're playing and what-not), but it isn't too dissapointing. At least no Lance Bass...

Now who is this "Greg Ellis" playing my Kitten Sith? Does anyone know what he's from? :confused:

Madrab
02-26-2006, 08:56 PM
could imagine vin deisal doin barrets vioce

Sefie1999AD
02-26-2006, 09:21 PM
Who is George Newbern?:confused:

He was doing Nooj's voice in Final Fantasy X-2.

Boo!
02-27-2006, 12:58 PM
i can't wait until this comes out! i saw it before downloaded on torrent but having the official version come out is just so much better!

Cruise Control
02-27-2006, 04:31 PM
Can someone tell me something each of these people have done. I have no idea who they are.

Roxas_kingdom
02-28-2006, 01:22 AM
the U.S have better find a good voice for sephiroth not the voice from kingdom hearts they need a voice thats....I dunno deep,scaryish(no im not talking about darth vader)lol but seriously they need a good voice for him

Rinoa_Heartillly
02-28-2006, 02:31 AM
lol Evertime I think of Rachael I think of All That, "Hi, my name is Conny Maldoon!" I love that chick! :D

Opps! I made a mistake about Rachael, I messed her up with someone else! XP Well, I like this girl, hopefully their voices workout pretty well and they didn't just put them in because they look good. :/

Reine
02-28-2006, 04:40 PM
I expected Crispin Freeman to do Sephiroth's voice as well...I mean, he voices badasses so often...Albel, Albedo, Regal, Balmung, Alucard...

Markus. D
03-02-2006, 11:53 AM
Mena cant even act.

grrrrrrrr...

Mercen-X
03-03-2006, 12:40 AM
Opps! I made a mistake about Rachael, I messed her up with someone else! XP Well, I like this girl, hopefully their voices workout pretty well and they didn't just put them in because they look good. :/
Josie & the Pussycats, yo!

Rinoa_Heartillly
03-03-2006, 03:52 AM

I know, it's just I got her messed up with Lorrie Beth Denver, I have no idea how! XP

Mercen-X
03-05-2006, 10:26 PM
I know, it's just I got her messed up with Lorrie Beth Denver, I have no idea how! XP
I like Rach. I had her cast a racecar driver named Michelle Grayson for a show about a fast-action bank-heist.

goku
03-25-2006, 08:52 PM
final fantasy advent children is gonna be amazing i cant wait til it come out in europe which will be ................ anyone knows please tell me :D

p.s kamehamehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!